TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Waze disconnected when the phone fell. Nothing nefarious.

He may have felt he'd find a place to turn back, turn around, reconnect. Perhaps he was sleepy, confused....

Undressing prior to any effects of hypothermia is odd....

I don't think this will prove complex...

His scent was lost... but he may have had an hour of walking in circles before collapsing somewhere....

It is so sad that he remains missing....

But it restores my faith in people that LE is working so hard to find a lost soul.

JMO
To me the undressing is indicative of a head injury, hyperthermia can happen really quickly.
I just don't feel he could have gotten much further than the 900 feet in that state though.
It is utterly heartbreaking.

IMO, I believe the below statement by LE explains the reason he removed his clothes (to me), and left the rest of his belongings before continuing on. The temps being a recorded low of 36 degrees F and the ground cover possibly being wet/dewy at that time - is a disaster for poor Jason as he walked away.

There remains a possibility that the marijuana was combined with an unknown hallucinogenic substance.

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office

His fish, I believe he was heading home, but detoured. This poor kid.....

IMO

Don't forget that LE pinpointed the estimated crash time using a shift worker's account of passing SFR seeing no crash and the firefighter that passed the location and saw the wrecked car and called it in. Based on these reports, the vehicle could not have been crashed for an hour before spotted.
They may have also gone by how hot the engine still felt when the car was found. That would give some indication of how long it was sitting there along the road.

And, through all this we do not have any absolute evidence that Jason was driving or even in the car at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia. Only that his phone and car were there.
The evidence from the crash site, from dogs etc. is not overwhelmingly evidential. MOO MOO MOO
Maybe a new witness came forward stating they saw the shadow of two or more people in the car, or video surveillance at a filling station or store caught the silhouette of a second person in the car? Is LE suspecting someone else was with, or near, Jason when he came up missing? All IMO only.

I think he just turned off Waze when he went on Snapchat. At first I thought he might have been connecting w/someone he was supposed to meet there in Luling, but they said they don’t think he met with anyone. He could have just perked up when he hit an actual town with some lights and decided to message a friend—maybe one he was supposed meet at home.

Last edited:
Sounds like they might suspect the weed was laced—probably either that or a head injury making him hot. Poor fish. Wow, that’s a weird detail.

I really think he was just heading home for the holidays and was distracted for whatever reason and ended up on SF Rd. and just had an unfortunate accident. I’m not sure if I think it’s more likely that he was high, got turned around, crashed, body temp went up and he succumbed to hypothermia OR that he was not intoxicated, just got distracted and turned around, crashed and sustained a head injury making his temp go up and he succumbed to hypothermia and/or injuries. I think they’re equally plausible. He’s out there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7