TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of his things left behind, car wrecked, Jason missing...indicates to me at least that he set off on foot alone. Chances are any person who wanted to do harm to him would have at least grabbed his backpack to rummage later, looking for any electronics etc...not just leave it there. And where his phone was found seems like he had dropped it prior to wreck, maybe causing the wreck?

I do not have a strong opinion on the timing of towing...but it seems clear to me this was a one-car wreck. But obviously until he is found all kinds of theories abound...just hope he is found soon.

Just got through the posts. First time commenting on this thread. I don’t think the towing is super important to anything. I think they towed it as it’s a damaged vehicle. I’ve never seen a wrecked vehicle just stay where it’s at when discovered. It’s one that’s towed immediately. Usually abandoned ones get warnings and then are eventually towed.

I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but I wonder if he was super depressed since he kept driving further and further down this random road? Maybe purposely slammed into the tree, and then since nothing major happened, he felt embarrassed and took off on foot. Just a random theory.

We do not know for sure whether he was actually driving the car at that point. And whoever was driving didn't purposely slam into the tree. At least not what comes to mind to me with that wording IMHO. That wording makes me think 'purposely drives into a tree'. What the driver did was brake before the tree, which spun his car, inadvertently hitting the tree. I believe speeding was a factor.

This was not a normal wrecked vehicle. How many wrecked vehicles have you seen where the perceived driver strew their clothes and belongings in the road AND their pet fish? I can only speak for myself but 'normal wreck' wouldn't come to my mind if I was LE. I'd think something more was going on.

They still didn’t find him. With all those resources and expertise. o_O

It’s hard not to think that something else happened to him other than lost/car wreck/wandered away and succumbed. I thought that was exactly what did happen, maybe involving laced weed and/or mental health episode. But I think now there’s a decent chance foul play was involved. I wish we knew if something they found prompted this new search and also what the results of testing the weed are.

I think a careful analysis of the order in which the clothes were removed, for example was his tee shirt first then shorts and underwear then watch and sandals? Were they on the right or left side of the road heading south, indicating passenger or driver side of a car. Did they looked placed, or widely thrown?
Were they further south on the road to where the dogs lost the scent or were they on the road before the dogs lost the scent lending credence to his being picked up by a car. MOO MOO MOO

They still didn’t find him. With all those resources and expertise. o_O

It’s hard not to think that something else happened to him other than lost/car wreck/wandered away and succumbed. I thought that was exactly what did happen, maybe involving laced weed and/or mental health episode. But I think now there’s a decent chance foul play was involved. I wish we knew if something they found prompted this new search and also what the results of testing the weed are.

I wonder if they checked the tanks. Doubt it.... I'm thinking they are assuming some things and are looking down, not up, or in some things. I feel it's best not to assume anything and instead look EVERYWHERE. My gut tells me they did not do that.

We do not know for sure whether he was actually driving the car at that point. And whoever was driving didn't purposely slam into the tree. At least not what comes to mind to me with that wording IMHO. That wording makes me think 'purposely drives into a tree'. What the driver did was brake before the tree, which spun his car, inadvertently hitting the tree. I believe speeding was a factor.

This was not a normal wrecked vehicle. How many wrecked vehicles have you seen where the perceived driver strew their clothes and belongings in the road AND their pet fish? I can only speak for myself but 'normal wreck' wouldn't come to my mind if I was LE. I'd think something more was going on.
It’s not a normal crash scene AT ALL. I’ve been saying since day 1 of finding out the complete outfit strewn in the road was found by his father the next day is BIZARRE. I had talked myself into maybe they left it in case he returned, but just still in the road??? Why? Why take the backpack and the car immediately but just leave the clothes? It’s weird, and it’s hard not to question what the heck LE was doing and thinking that night. At best it’s just apathetic and lazy.

I wonder if they checked the tanks. Doubt it.... I'm thinking they are assuming some things and are looking down, not up, or in some things. I feel it's best not to assume anything and instead look EVERYWHERE. My gut tells me they did not do that.
I don’t know. These are very experienced searchers. And dogs would alert if something was down even if the people were focused up. I think it would be hard for a grown man to fit in those small holes. Obviously if he were forced into them it could be different. But I’m confident at this point that he’s probably not in the areas they did search. Up or down.

When Jason arrived at the intersection where he should have turned right to I10, what is the quickest most untraceable way for him to make contact with another person? The way he did, with Snapchat?

His dad said he would follow Waze anywhere but he wasn't using Waze. His dad also said (I'm paraphrasing) that he is a smart kid, he's going to know he's going the wrong way if he's driving on a gravel road.
That statement tells me that something was wrong because he would've turned around with multiple opportunities.
MOO

I don’t know. These are very experienced searchers. And dogs would alert if something was down even if the people were focused up. I think it would be hard for a grown man to fit in those small holes. Obviously if he were forced into them it could be different. But I’m confident at this point that he’s probably not in the areas they did search. Up or down.
The tanks, not the oil wells. The oil wells have only 18" openings.
I've not looked at a photograph of the tanks in the area but I'm assuming they would involve a climb and I'm also unsure what gauge the top opening is. Chris Watts used tanks.

His dad said he would follow Waze anywhere but he wasn't using Waze. His dad also said (I'm paraphrasing) that he is a smart kid, he's going to know he's going the wrong way if he's driving on a gravel road.
That statement tells me that something was wrong because he would've turned around with multiple opportunities.
MOO
Only a small section of sLR was gravel, most of it was normal road surface.
His Dad did indeed say that Jason would follow Waze into a wall if it told him to do so. This suggests he was quite dependant upon it.
Without Waze he possibly had a hopeless sense of direction, like me. I' probably run logistics in my head and arrive at wrong conclusions but I'd be hoping that a wrong road would eventually bring me somewhere or lead to a right road miraculously if I just kept driving.. I'd be expecting a cathartic break 'any time now' to get me back on track.

Even though Jason was reportedly dependent on WAZE, with a terrible sense of direction, if he was clear headed, he only needed to slow down and turn around on the road and go back the way he came. He knew he hadn't made any turns off of the road. However, instead of doing that, he was apparently going so fast that he spun out, traveled across the grassy area with enough speed to hit a tree and damage the back end of his car etc.
To me, this becomes more of a mystery if the weed report comes back clean.

Even though Jason was reportedly dependent on WAZE, with a terrible sense of direction, if he was clear headed, he only needed to slow down and turn around on the road and go back the way he came. He knew he hadn't made any turns off of the road. However, instead of doing that, he was apparently going so fast that he spun out, traveled across the grassy area with enough speed to hit a tree and damage the back end of his car etc.
To me, this becomes more of a mystery if the weed report comes back clean.
I'd be clear headed but with an abysmal sense o direction and inclined to take what I'd perceive as shortcuts or arrive at completely irrational conclusions regarding direction. I was born that way.
Even walking, sometimes I must stop and think.
Even if the weed is dirty we have no way to figure out whether he'd imbibed or not prior to the accident though..
I could easily see somebody having a smoke as they set off on a long relaxing drive home but weed stinks to high heaven and it was his Dad's car. It's very very difficult to eliminate a weed smell from a vehicle.
I just do not know.

Sorry, I meant to add that the weed, if he'd consumed it prior to or during the early part of his journey would have kicked in sooner.

But none of that would change the fact that the car was (and should have been) legally removed for the accident site that night.
I think it is a factor if not legally (which I don't know) then ethically. The evidence would've indicated a person could be injured close by. The towing could have waited until the next day and after KL was notified. MOO

I mentioned that as a theory, not fact. Things are scattered about and he left. We don’t know what what in his mind.

Of what significance can we make of his watch?

Not cast off, but set down?

Hidden? Protected? Something of value?

Did he always wear a watch? Did he remove it to shower, exercise, etc?

If only it were a smartwatch....

I don't know what to make of the crash, the clothes, the disappearance.....

But I can't shake a story out of Florida.... which started over a preceived injustice, followed out of a Dollar Tree and ending in murder.

What happened to Jason????? Such a sad story, no matter what.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members