TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what if it was discovered that actually Jason was NOT a "pre roll" user? What if he truly was concentrate user? What if he was someone that regularly used a rig or bong for wax or butter and finding these is a bit out of the ordinary?? What then?

Wonder if anyone said, "Hey I think I might've seen some clothes in the road on the way here? Or wonder what I passed earlier? Or did the trooper take charge of the scene and say, ok, boys, make note of anything you have seen and report back? Or did um, those clothes just get shown on bodycam and um, not mentioned to the DPS trooper at all? Did he ever drive by them on his path? In or out of the scene? What exactly is standard procedure for "rounding up the boys to communicate what has been discovered, seen, or searched? Is that dispatch's job? Troopers job? Caldwell County Sheriff's Job? Who is in charge? Surely, this isn't the first rodeo here.
How many attended the accident, how many LE?
Just that single trooper?
That is all that is mentioned in CCSO report.
Just one guy.
but, had the VFF left by the time he got there?
VFF was allegedly just passing through, he was not on any official duty far as I know.

Thanks for this, Seattle1.

Re: “Officials added that the marijuana may have been combined with an unknown hallucinogenic substance but those findings are pending“, I am nterested in learning more about this. I apologize that I’m behind here. Do they mean it was laced? Any other details/information on this is appreciated, sorry for any rehash. As some of you may recall, I consider myself to be a marijuana expert lol.
Yeah I think it means they suspect it might have been laced. I really want to know what the results were. Surely they’re back by now! That seems like a simple test to me, and I think it’s super important to know. If it was something like PCP or bath salts he could be way further away IMO. But if it wasn’t laced then....why did he undress and where did he go? Head injury? Lots of other possibilities.

Wonder what if it was discovered that actually Jason was NOT a "pre roll" user? What if he truly was concentrate user? What if he was someone that regularly used a rig or bong for wax or butter and finding these is a bit out of the ordinary?? What then?
What if he was not a user at all?
What if that stash was just planted there?

Exactly... and still my point is even if the tested blunts are positive... still doesn’t mean he smoked them!!!!
Exactly. That is why I was wondering whether Jason's prints were even on the spliff container.
What if they were not?
And where and when was the backpack opened? Was it opened on the road that night?
The owner , Kent, Jason's Dad, was identified as owner from vehicle registration, I imagine?
And the journalist and news paper than ran with the headline
'Backpack FILLED with NARCOTICS' could surely have been denied before it actually was?

It most definitely was a one car wreck.
NOBODY Has suggested otherwise of late.
Only one car got wrecked here. Jason's car.

That is not to say anther vehicle was not present on that road that night or did not run him off that road or cause him to swerve.
People do this, sometimes they do it inadvertently, joyriding and taking vehicles to quiet roads to 'test them out' see how fast they can go. They do not expect other vehicles to be present and will take both sides.

Interpreting questions about the accident scene as being different to what CCSO said it was is not what we're about here.

The possibility that he was chased, for whatever reason is also not off the cards.

These types of events may well have left tracks on the road but not on his vehicle.
Theirs was protected, the unsuspected student totalled as a result of other peoples' recklessness.
This is not a conspiracy theory and this is not a rabbit hole .

Nearly two months after the car crash reported, some very talented and respected professionals partnered with CCSO to release a very detailed public report dated 2/3/21. (Linked upthread).

Whether or not one believes the vehicle should not have been removed from the crash site, I can say that in my county, it's well understood that wrecked, inoperable vehicles are towed and impounded in a secure area as soon as possible.

I think it was obvious that JL's vehicle could not be retrieved in the daylight hours and driven away. Perhaps a similar statute exists here given that Jason's vehicle was soon impounded -- and where the registered owner of the vehicle was allowed access to the vehicle located inside a secure area.

The DPS crash investigation also seemed sufficient to provide the following facts:

Officials say the vehicle was involved in a single-vehicle collision, most likely from overcorrecting on the gravel road, and spun off the roadway.

Officials say the rear driver’s side corner made initial contact with a tree on the east side of the roadway, which propelled the front driver’s side into another tree and barbed wire fence. CCSO added that there is no evidence that any other vehicle or outside force was involved in the collision and investigators are “confident” that the contact with the tree and fence was the only contact the vehicle sustained.

[..]

Neither the volunteer firefighter who discovered Landry’s vehicle or the trooper who responded to the scene entered the vehicle, CCSO said. Landry’s vehicle was towed to an impound yard. Landry’s father — the vehicle’s registered owner — entered the car through the unlocked driver’s side door, discovering his son’s cell phone between the driver’s seat and center console, officials said.

Last edited:
Exactly... and still my point is even if the tested blunts are positive... still doesn’t mean he smoked them!!!!
There is no way to know now that he ever used them, whether he is recovered or not.
They have been red herrings for the duration.
More I think about it, the more flawed it all seems...so very many scenarios started playing out almost immediately on all formats..
Thing is that in order for this to have been orchestrated too many elements would have needed to have been synched... very sophisticated.
I was wondering whether he'd been a victim of bullies. By that I meant his peers. Earlier on.
Certainly the result of yesterday's search calls for a recalibration.

Why was he going so fast that there was enough momentum that his car went sideways across the grass into the tree? He didn't leave the road front end first, he over corrected according to LE. Why would he do that, down an unlit, gravel road at nearly midnight?

Nearly two months after the car crash reported, some very talented and respected professionals partnered with CCSO to release a very detailed public report dated 2/3/21. (Linked upthread).

Whether or not one believes the vehicle should not have been removed from the crash site, I can say that in my county, it's well understood that wrecked, inoperable vehicles are towed and impounded in a secure area as soon as possible.

I think it was obvious that JL's vehicle could not be retrieved in the daylight hours and driven away. Perhaps a similar statute exists here given that Jason's vehicle was soon impounded -- and where the registered owner of the vehicle was allowed access to the vehicle located inside a secure area.

The DPS crash investigation also seemed sufficient to provide the following facts:

Officials say the vehicle was involved in a single-vehicle collision, most likely from overcorrecting on the gravel road, and spun off the roadway.

Officials say the rear driver’s side corner made initial contact with a tree on the east side of the roadway, which propelled the front driver’s side into another tree and barbed wire fence. CCSO added that there is no evidence that any other vehicle or outside force was involved in the collision and investigators are “confident” that the contact with the tree and fence was the only contact the vehicle sustained.

[..]

Neither the volunteer firefighter who discovered Landry’s vehicle or the trooper who responded to the I know the CCSO report seattle.scene entered the vehicle, CCSO said. Landry’s vehicle was towed to an impound yard. Landry’s father — the vehicle’s registered owner — entered the car through the unlocked driver’s side door, discovering his son’s cell phone between the driver’s seat and center console, officials said.
I'm up to speed on the CCSo report. I've read it hundreds of times. I keep it open when I'm working here.
I'm not sure what you are saying in relation to the post you replied to?
We're discussing the accident investigation that SHOULD have occurred prior to the vehicle being collected and the duration of the original accident report.
15 minutes tops before Dix Diesel comes to wreck any track of a second vehicle or person present on that night?
Bad enough there was a delay in commencing a missing person investigation.Bad enough there was nobody available to talk to his Dad when he got there.
Not just talk, listen too.
Bad enough CCSO Had to take over and bad enough evidence was not preserved and had to be obtained several days later by CCSO from Jason's parents who had taken it home.
DPS investigation also provided a medical diagnosis based upon no blood in the vehicle, allegedly.
A single car vehicle, just means that only one crashed.
It does not mean Jason was not run off that road by boy racers or joy riders or local drunk or anybody else.
DPS investigation also managed to walk or drive over his clothes and either not mention it or not see them until their own body cameras were examined later.

I've been screaming the virtues of LE from first thread until Jason's Dad informed us of the delay in initiating a missing person's investigation.
That brings about an immediate recalibration which does not make me a conspiracy theorist, a fool or anti police. You see I am not, actually.
A spade is a spade though and a kid is missing because nobody bothered to search for him during those vital hours.

Why was he going so fast that there was enough momentum that his car went sideways across the grass into the tree? He didn't leave the road front end first, he over corrected according to LE. Why would he do that, down an unlit, gravel road at nearly midnight?
weed would slow down your driving though, not speed it up.
A skid in gravel or a fast swerve to avoid another vehicle roaring towards him or an animal on the road could do it

The CCSO report says investigators later found a backpack. That is a vague statement. When was it found? No date or time given and who are the investigators?

The report says "neither entered the vehicle" so how did they smell mj in the car? Perhaps opening the car door isn't considered entering the vehicle? MOO

The CCSO report says investigators later found a backpack. That is a vague statement. When was it found? No date or time given and who are the investigators?

The report says "neither entered the vehicle" so how did they smell mj in the car? Perhaps opening the car door isn't considered entering the vehicle? MOO

Just a guess on my part but the back window was broken out. They could have smelled it from the back of the car. Unless they actually opened the door as it was unlocked when Kent (dad) found the car...

Just a guess on my part but the back window was broken out. They could have smelled it from the back of the car. Unless they actually opened the door as it was unlocked when Kent (dad) found the car...
Back window was busted but it was a very windy night.
There was no smell remaining when Kent entered the vehicle a few hours later.
And the smell of weed literally CLINGS to upholstery.

I'm up to speed on the CCSo report. I've read it hundreds of times. I keep it open when I'm working here.
I'm not sure what you are saying in relation to the post you replied to?
We're discussing the accident investigation that SHOULD have occurred prior to the vehicle being collected and the duration of the original accident report.
Please provide credible evidence the accident investigation DID NOT occur prior to the vehicle being collected. Please share the first responder's report you must be sitting on and keeping from us!

There was no driver with the vehicle when DPS arrived.
There were no witnesses to the accident.
This was a single-vehicle accident by an unknown driver.

15 minutes tops before Dix Diesel comes to wreck any track of a second vehicle or person present on that night?
Bad enough there was a delay in commencing a missing person investigation.Bad enough there was nobody available to talk to his Dad when he got there.
Not just talk, listen too.
Bad enough CCSO Had to take over and bad enough evidence was not preserved and had to be obtained several days later by CCSO from Jason's parents who had taken it home.
CCSO took over when they determined that a missing person case was required.
CCSO did not take over the accident investigation.

There was still no evidence when KL arrived in rural Luling that JL was not an adult missing voluntarily.
His parents were not expecting him on Sunday. He was not over-due. If his parents did not know he was missing, how would LE know he was missing when they came upon the accident?

After-the-fact, CCSO admitted they made mistakes when they didn't treat this as a missing person investigation early on.
It happened. Can't un-spill the milk.

DPS investigation also provided a medical diagnosis based upon no blood in the vehicle, allegedly.
Huh? What medical diagnosis did DPS provide?

A single car vehicle, just means that only one crashed.
It does not mean Jason was not run off that road by boy racers or joy riders or local drunk or anybody else.
No evidence means no evidence.
No other vehicle, no outside force involved.

CCSO added that there is no evidence that any other vehicle or outside force was involved in the collision and investigators are “confident” that the contact with the tree and fence was the only contact the vehicle sustained.

DPS investigation also managed to walk or drive over his clothes and either not mention it or not see them until their own body cameras were examined later.
True. Nobody has denied this.
Nonetheless, this evidence was collected and tested.

I've been screaming the virtues of LE from first thread until Jason's Dad informed us of the delay in initiating a missing person's investigation.
That brings about an immediate recalibration which does not make me a conspiracy theorist, a fool or anti police. You see I am not, actually.
A spade is a spade though and a kid is missing because nobody bothered to search for him during those vital hours.
^^bbm

Nobody has denied that CCSO/DPS failed to treat this case as a missing person after-the-fact. They've admitted as much!

DPS/CCSO responded according to the information they had to work with and with their prior experience.

I don't see any officials being prosecuted or losing their job over their response to the tragic vehicle accident and what turned out to be a parent's worse nightmare.

I simply don't believe harping on DPS/CCSO actions/inactions will help find Jason or bring any comfort to his family.

MOO

Last edited:
<modsnip> Just a FYI that weren't not supposed to talk about anything we may hear on the scanner calls in the main rooms/threads (like this room/thread) nor in the scanner channel. Usually those posts are deleted as soon as the mods become aware of it. And we don't want to get on the mod's naughty list! I can't say for certain but I have heard they pass those lists on to Santa... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody