TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes time to find someone who is hiding, covered or secreted in an unknown place; ie., one where Jason likely felt safe, att.

When the rainiest Hurricane Harvey hit Baytown, near Houston, in Sept. 2017, Crystal McDowell's ex-husband strangled her in the closet then hid her body and her BMW.

TX Equusearch Team, wearing snake boots, spent over a week searching rain swollen properties for her. Eventually, her ex-husband pointed LEO to his placement of Crystal. It was along a fairly desolate road that flooded due to the immense amount of rain from Harvey.

FOUND DECEASED: Crystal McDowell – Baytown, TX (8/25/17)

I believe Jason was alone when the wreck occurred. He no longer had a vehicle so he's walking. It's possible he suffered a head injury coupled with a severe panic attack.

Jason may not be far from his wrecked wheels; within walking distance, without wearing socks or slides. Isn't that's a sign that he could not get far? Souls of our feet are tender.

It's either something innocent like that or Jason's missing for nefarious purposes.
He was indeed barefoot.
We have turned over every stone we can think of and then some.
So have the professional and reputable SARs, with dogs.
No catharsis.

So what are the other possibilities if he is not there at all?

He was indeed barefoot.
We have turned over every stone we can think of and then some.
So have the professional and reputable SARs, with dogs.
No catharsis.

So what are the other possibilities if he is not there at all?
Other possibilities
1) He willingly got into a vehicle thinking he was getting help.
2) He unwillingly got into a vehicle
3) He was harmed near the crash site and put into a vehicle
4) Someone saw a naked man walking down the road and either hit him with their vehicle or assaulted him and put him in the vehicle, back of a truck. MOO

RSBMFF
Other possibilities
4) Someone saw a naked man walking down the road and either hit him with their vehicle or assaulted him and put him in the vehicle, back of a truck.
# 4. is bizarre! Jason never recovered well enough to go grab his shorts and Tshirt out of the road, to cover his nakedness, and put his clothes back on. And, it was freezing cold weather. Awfully puzzling.

So, unless he just changed clothes, we all agree that he had a psychotic break, or manic moment? Or like someone mentioned, a panic attack and felt hot? If so, does anyone know what occurred in prior cases of this happening (that made the news), and their actions after doing so?

Someone mentioned earlier that recently a man ran right into an interstate or highway and was hit and killed after being on drugs and getting angry. Was Jason possibly using meth?

Is anyone good at making maps of the area where Jason was? Assuming he kept going straight in one single direction, how far could he have gotten?

Here's the full interview with Jason's parents. Scroll down to the second video.

They are convinced someone out there knows what happened to Jason, and I wholeheartedly agree with them. :(

EXCLUSIVE: 'Someone has to know something' parents of missing Texas State student speak

Heart wrenching.

That's what raw grief looks like when a family member is missing....

I wonder what more they know. They sound convinced that someone else was involved. In what capacity, I wonder.

Maybe they can't connect with his last snapchat contact.

I feel for their pain.

JMO

If he was truly walking barefoot from the crash I would have to think his feet would get cut up from the rocks and brush. I would think the dogs would pick up on that or searchers would see blood tracks. So strange.

Thank you, renarde. Jason is the beloved baby of the Landry siblings. I know his family is hurting. I so want him to be able to return to school at TSU.

My daughter earned her Master's at UT. She and her husband still own their 3br home in the Big D and never have trouble with finding suitors as most are students renting with roommates.

Who was JL interacting with on Instagram prior to leaving San Marcos at 10:54pm Monday night? Did Jason have a roommate at TSU? Guess any names should be omitted for privacy issues. But, did he? If so, how many?

Here's the full interview with Jason's parents. Scroll down to the second video.

They are convinced someone out there knows what happened to Jason, and I wholeheartedly agree with them. :(

EXCLUSIVE: 'Someone has to know something' parents of missing Texas State student speak
From the link:
His digital footprint left behind by his cell phone - stops at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia in Luling and starts again 67 minutes later where his car was found crashed.

Something happened to Jason, nothing should happen to you between San Marcos and Houston to cost you this nightmare,” says Kent Landry, Jason’s father.

Sorry but this is not a true statement that that article is reporting "and starts again 67 minutes later where his car was found crashed". 67 minutes after his digital footprint stops is when the car was found crashed it didn't start back up after being off for ~1 hour. I saw the article and thought... here we go again. The press doesn't always get the fact straight, unfortunately. BBM

To help folks clear that up, and dispel wrong info to help folks sleuth more accurately, here is what LE said:

The approximate 67 minute window, between the last data footprint at Austin and Magnolia and the discovery of the crash scene, is what investigators are focusing on. Jason’s phone had cell signal and was powered on, investigators are still trying to determine why it doesn’t appear to have been used since the area of Magnolia Ave. and Austin St.

Source: Caldwell Counties Sheriff Office FB page - Caldwell County Sheriff's Office

Last edited:
So, unless he just changed clothes, we all agree that he had a psychotic break, or manic moment? Or like someone mentioned, a panic attack and felt hot? If so, does anyone know what occurred in prior cases of this happening (that made the news), and their actions after doing so?

Someone mentioned earlier that recently a man ran right into an interstate or highway and was hit and killed after being on drugs and getting angry. Was Jason possibly using meth?

Is anyone good at making maps of the area where Jason was? Assuming he kept going straight in one single direction, how far could he have gotten?

Jason Landry - Google My Maps
^ Map I created.

Unfortunately, without a more precise time when Jason might have crashed at SFR, I don't know how to estimate distance. According to the walking directions, he could cover the 900 feet south from the crash site in three minutes. Then...we have no idea where he went. is the data of the area searched by SAR or EquuSearch publicly released? Could someone enter it in as an XML file so i can add it to my map?

Sorry but this is not a true statement that that article is reporting "and starts again 67 minutes later where his car was found crashed". 67 minutes after his digital footprint stops is when the car was found crashed it didn't start back up after being off for ~1 hour. I saw the article and thought... here we go again. The press doesn't always get the fact straight, unfortunately. BBM

To help folks clear that up, and dispel wrong info to help folks sleuth more accurately, here is what LE said:

The approximate 67 minute window, between the last data footprint at Austin and Magnolia and the discovery of the crash scene, is what investigators are focusing on. Jason’s phone had cell signal and was powered on, investigators are still trying to determine why it doesn’t appear to have been used since the area of Magnolia Ave. and Austin St.

Source: Caldwell Counties Sheriff Office FB page - Caldwell County Sheriff's Office
Worthy of repeating:

From the link:
His digital footprint left behind by his cell phone - stops at the intersection of Austin and Magnolia in Luling and starts again 67 minutes later where his car was found crashed.

Something happened to Jason, nothing should happen to you between San Marcos and Houston to cost you this nightmare,” says Kent Landry, Jason’s father.

Gemmie says and I concur:

KL mentioned how covid lockdowns had been difficult for his son, Jason, to manage being an excited 1yr student at TSU yet experiencing online studies while confined in quarantined spaces that were claustrophobic and isolating <my word choices>.

Therefore, JL may have been restricted from successfully reaching and making a wide circle of new friends fall semester.

Restrictions from C19 has adversely effected my fam. Children need to run and play, rain or shine, and so do I.

Since returning about two weeks to TSU after Thanksgiving spent with family was Jason denied an ability to hit up pizza joints, visit local parks, coffee shops, shopping, did school activities cancel, have v little one on one and limited socializing happen due to everything being closed?

Has anyone mentioned Jason L carrying a C19 mask(s)? None have been mentioned in any news reports, tmk. Or was he recently one prone not to wear the paper or cloth coverings? Where is Jason? Please.

December 13, 2020
Weather
11:54pm Jason departs TSU

Weather is nice. Luling TX Jason Landry.png

Crash found December 14. Mr. KL arrives. Jason Landry Dec 14 2020 weather.png

Day One December 14 weather Jason Landry San Marco 2020.png

Day 90 is today. March 14, 2021

December 13, 2020
Weather
11:54pm Jason departs TSU

Weather is nice. View attachment 288809

Crash found December 14. Mr. KL arrives. View attachment 288810

Day One December 14 weather View attachment 288822

Day 90 is today. March 14, 2021
Day One
A sliver of the moon was visible.

The Waning Crescent Moon
This intermediate Moon phase is the last phase of the lunar month. It starts just after the Third Quarter Moon and lasts until the following New Moon. The Waning Crescent Moon has a shape similar to a banana or a boat.
Austin, TX Weather History | Weather Underground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members