TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other possibilities
1) He willingly got into a vehicle thinking he was getting help.
2) He unwillingly got into a vehicle
3) He was harmed near the crash site and put into a vehicle
4) Someone saw a naked man walking down the road and either hit him with their vehicle or assaulted him and put him in the vehicle, back of a truck. MOO
5) went to someones door and got shot.
6) died nearby and they havent found him

December 13, 2020
Weather
11:54pm Jason departs TSU

Weather is nice. View attachment 288809

Crash found December 14. Mr. KL arrives. View attachment 288810

Day One December 14 weather View attachment 288822

Day 90 is today. March 14, 2021
Hi everyone - my first time to post, so be patient if I do something "wrong". I have been following this case and have been stalking your thoughts/posts as much as time will allow. This one is a bit personal to me - we recently moved to Blanco, TX (60 miles from Luling) and travel this stretch very frequently to see family, we have a son in college here in Texas about the same age as Jason and acquaintances who know the Landry family (they have nothing but positive things to say about Jason and his family). My birthday is 12-14 and I vividly remember how horrible the weather was on December 13. We had plans to visit a vineyard on my birthday and I was worried the weather was going to be miserable. It was cold and the winds were absolutely horrible on 12-13-20. Below is a snapshot of the weather from Luling on the night/early morning. The winds were crazy and it was cold. Luling - Temps were in the low 40's to upper 30's (F) between 12-13-20 @ 11 PM and 12-14-20 @ 3 AM. Winds were gusting to 37 mph. It is believed that Jason was wearing flip-flops, a short sleeve t-shirt, and shorts.

I drove through Luling last week and filmed my drive into the intersection where Jason missed his turn. I will share that as I can. Luling is a very small town and this intersection is in a mix of both residential and businesses (house next door to gas station) - IMO it would not be out of the question to just "miss" the turn. You are still several miles from I-10 at this point in a small rural Texas town. I am curious about the traffic light - does it change to "blinking" yellow at some point late at night? (anyone from Luling who can share info?) I am going back thru Luling next week and hopefully will have time to travel down the road to where Jason crashed.

More thoughts soon...

upload_2021-3-15_14-59-10.png
upload_2021-3-15_14-59-27.png

Hi everyone - my first time to post, so be patient if I do something "wrong". I have been following this case and have been stalking your thoughts/posts as much as time will allow. This one is a bit personal to me - we recently moved to Blanco, TX (60 miles from Luling) and travel this stretch very frequently to see family, we have a son in college here in Texas about the same age as Jason and acquaintances who know the Landry family (they have nothing but positive things to say about Jason and his family). My birthday is 12-14 and I vividly remember how horrible the weather was on December 13. We had plans to visit a vineyard on my birthday and I was worried the weather was going to be miserable. It was cold and the winds were absolutely horrible on 12-13-20. Below is a snapshot of the weather from Luling on the night/early morning. The winds were crazy and it was cold. Luling - Temps were in the low 40's to upper 30's (F) between 12-13-20 @ 11 PM and 12-14-20 @ 3 AM. Winds were gusting to 37 mph. It is believed that Jason was wearing flip-flops, a short sleeve t-shirt, and shorts.

I drove through Luling last week and filmed my drive into the intersection where Jason missed his turn. I will share that as I can. Luling is a very small town and this intersection is in a mix of both residential and businesses (house next door to gas station) - IMO it would not be out of the question to just "miss" the turn. You are still several miles from I-10 at this point in a small rural Texas town. I am curious about the traffic light - does it change to "blinking" yellow at some point late at night? (anyone from Luling who can share info?) I am going back thru Luling next week and hopefully will have time to travel down the road to where Jason crashed.

More thoughts soon...

View attachment 288912
View attachment 288913

Welcome to the forum. :)

Jason was (supposedly) wearing slide ons with SpongeBob socks (can't find that in writing, I believe his dad said it on the Lourding interview. He liked funny socks.), not flip flops. We had a convo on that a little bit upthread. But everything else is correct IF he hadn't changed his clothes before leaving San Marcos. But if that's what he was wearing, he wasn't wearing it for very long as those clothes were strewn on the roadway.

Good question about whether or not the light blinks late at night. The way I'd phrase the question is does it blink late at night on a Sunday evening. I can see Sunday's blink schedule, (if there is one at that intersection), being different from a weekday or Fri/Sat night, so thought I'd toss that out since he passed through ~11:30pm Sunday evening.

Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on this case. :cool:

Last edited:
<modsnip deleted post>

I told my husband about this thread, and the first thing he said is that "Jason doesn't want to be found" (in his opinion). I asked him, "But why go to all the trouble of taking the fish and the video games, then ditching them? Why not just leave them behind to begin with?"

I honestly hope Jason DID decide to start over, and that he's alive and well, but this whole situation is just ... odd. Nothing makes sense. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip deleted post>

W3lls "church" (using the term loosely)has come up here before. I hadn't thought of it in relation to this case. It's an interesting theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had another thought, and I'll be the first to admit it's pretty "out there".

What if he joined a cult/religion that requires a member to give up their worldly possessions? If that's the case, he literally ditched everything he had with him, including the car, his fish, and his clothing. Was it some sort of initiation or ritual, with someone in the cult/religion picking him up after he discarded all of his possessions? That could explain why his scent trail seemed to just end, too. (I think that's what I read. Please correct me if I'm mis-remembering.) Also, one of the articles in the first post of this thread says that his father is a pastor. Maybe Jason decided to explore alternatives to the religion he'd grown up with?

I had a couple of childhood friends with pastor/preacher parents, and they both changed religions after they became adults. One of the changes was pretty drastic. (I imagine there was a HUGE fall-out with his parents when they found out! :eek:) Anyway, that's what made me think of this as being a possibility, even though I freely admit it's far-fetched. :)

Interesting thoughts. Intense. Why would a cult find it necessary to wreck Jason's car into a Luling tree instead of just abandoning it along the roadway? That is, if JL wished for a cultish lifestyle.

Stripping himself of underwear, and all other worldly goods, in this theory, Jason may have gone into a life of seclusion, within a cult, where he can't share his location among his family and friends; thereby, forever denying himself to be gamer, a college student, a brother, and a son.

brandon swanson and brandon lawson look like similar cases i will have to look into
This has reminded me of Brandon Swanson from the beginning. Leaving school to go home, crash on a desolate road, nowhere to be found....one major difference is Swanson was able to call and speak to his parents immediately after the accident. I am very confident in the most logical scenario that he will be found not too far from the accident site like so many other similar cases have shown.

This has reminded me of Brandon Swanson from the beginning. Leaving school to go home, crash on a desolate road, nowhere to be found....one major difference is Swanson was able to call and speak to his parents immediately after the accident. I am very confident in the most logical scenario that he will be found not too far from the accident site like so many other similar cases have shown.

The problem is that he has NOT been found following two pretty thorough searches from reputable SAR teams who are well versed in all the possible variants and permutations of these types of events.

He has not been found, three months has passed and it's absolutely heartbreaking.

I took a Google Street drive down from San Marcos again just to have a sense of what he saw on his way down. I was struck by how flat and straight the drive is and more importantly, that there were no street lights for most of the trip.
We have been talking about how dark Salt Flat Rd. was but the drive down wasn't much different. The intersection where he was to have turned right is also the first well lit intersection. It seems that it would be hard to miss it, particularly if you were looking for a right turn to I-10.

Wise thing to do. For some reason or another, most of that portion of the road system is not well lit.

Isn't it the shortest trip ever with Jason, 21, leaving college, supposedly for Christmas break, to only get thirty minutes from his school?

Jason made it about 30m (24 miles) from his apartment when his phone stopped using Waze at the Intersection of 80 near Luling at midnight. Snapchat is engaged. Then, his cell's data, his digital footprint, stops.

67 minutes later his car is reportedly towed. Jason has vanished.

When KL arrives in Luling, he's the only person searching for his son. KL enlists the FindMe app for his son's phone. He's directed to the local tow yard.

Takes about 12m to drive from notable Intersection to the tree Jason's car clipped.

Jason Landry search: More details released in ongoing search for Texas State student
Hate to say this & hope I'm 100% wrong, but imo he was tripping and wrecked.
Then it became a hide from "the man" situation.
Kinda a Maura Murray situation

Maura Murray
Published: 3/11/2021 2:23:24 PM
The state of New Hampshire denied an application to put a historical marker alongside a Haverhill highway where a 21-year-old nursing student was last seen following a 2004 car crash.

The decision regarding the marker for Maura Murray came on Friday, a week after a “blue ribbon” tree at the spot used as a memorial to her had been cut down by the property owner, the Caledonian-Record reported.
State turns down historical marker request for missing woman

Last edited:
Wise thing to do. For some reason or another, most of that portion of the road system is not well lit.

Isn't it the shortest trip ever with Jason, 21, leaving college, supposedly for Christmas break, to only get thirty minutes from his school?

Jason made it about 30m (24 miles) from his apartment when his phone stopped using Waze at the Intersection of 80 near Luling at midnight. Snapchat is engaged. Then, his cell's data, his digital footprint, stops.

67 minutes later his car is reportedly towed. Jason has vanished.

When KL arrives in Luling, he's the only person searching for his son. KL enlists the FindMe app for his son's phone. He's directed to the local tow yard.

Takes about 12m to drive from notable Intersection to the tree Jason's car clipped.

Jason Landry search: More details released in ongoing search for Texas State student

Maura Murray
Published: 3/11/2021 2:23:24 PM
The state of New Hampshire denied an application to put a historical marker alongside a Haverhill highway where a 21-year-old nursing student was last seen following a 2004 car crash.

The decision regarding the marker for Maura Murray came on Friday, a week after a “blue ribbon” tree at the spot used as a memorial to her had been cut down by the property owner, the Caledonian-Record reported.
State turns down historical marker request for missing woman

I just wanted to correct something to keep the facts, as we know them, straight.

Jason's car was not towed 67 minutes after his digital footprint stopped at Austin Street and Magnolia. 67 minutes is when the car was found and called in. Granted, it was towed rather quickly, IMHO, but not quite that quickly.

Per the link you provided (and everything I've read from multiple sources all say the same): Investigators are now looking to flesh out what happened in the approximate 67-minute window between his cell phone data stopping and the discovery of the crash.

I just wanted to correct something to keep the facts, as we know them, straight.

Jason's car was not towed 67 minutes after his digital footprint stopped at Austin Street and Magnolia. 67 minutes is when the car was found and called in. Granted, it was towed rather quickly, IMHO, but not quite that quickly.

Per the link you provided (and everything I've read from multiple sources all say the same): Investigators are now looking to flesh out what happened in the approximate 67-minute window between his cell phone data stopping and the discovery of the crash.

I always wondered if he didn't drive around the area for a while, before ending up where he did; maybe he didn't just go straight through that intersection and up Salt Flat Road... maybe he went elsewhere first.

"Investigators are now looking to flesh out what happened in the approximate 67-minute window between his cell phone data stopping and the discovery of the crash."

Thank you, Gemmie. My apologies for the error in the post. I knew something didn't seem right in the wording when I became surprised by the length of the reply when it posted. It was edited no less than 3 times in my grogginess. I must be more careful. Thanks, again.

I always wondered if he didn't drive around the area for a while, before ending up where he did; maybe he didn't just go straight through that intersection and up Salt Flat Road... maybe he went elsewhere first.

Jason could have driven around after his phone stopped tracking data but it's a tight timeline. Yet, there was one passerby, before the VFF happened upon the accident site, who did not see Jason's car so there's that to consider, if it's verified.

Occam's Razor would lend itself to no deviation from Jason's route through that Intersection until the crash occurs on SFR so I just don't know.

Jason could have driven around after his phone stopped tracking data but it's a tight timeline. Yet, there was one passerby, before the VFF happened upon the accident site, who did not see Jason's car so there's that to consider, if it's verified.

Occam's Razor would lend itself to no deviation from Jason's route through that Intersection until the crash occurs on SFR so I just don't know.
Yet we have no idea what address was his ultimate destination or what address was entered into waze....Honestly, we have no proof he was in the car when it crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste