TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are reading my mind.
I was just thinking this same thing after reading the search update.
Unless he is down underneath a slope or tree and covered with leaves or something, I can't figure out why they have not found him in the area yet.
So now I need to go back to a few of my first thoughts.

1. He never left his college/work area due to something nefarious happening to him and someone else took his vehicle and drove it, wrecked it, left clothes scattered to make it seem like it was Jason...
Look here (accident site) not there (back at college)

2. It was Jason driving and something happened at the intersection.
Road rage?? Someone ran him off the road ??
Drag racing, he loses control, has accident, other car drives off ?
A meet up gone bad ???

3. He was driving but either had someone he knows following him to pick him up or he was picked up while walking away from accident by someone unknown.
After that, well, I have no idea what could have happened.
A deliberate run away, get away from life stresses ???
A stranger saw him walking and stopped and offered a ride and something happened ??

I still kind of feel he is out there and just not in an area easily found.
JMO
They haven’t searched the tanks.

it should have pinged several times from the area in SFR, just like how LE built the timeline from other pings on his drive home. And it can't be a complete cellular dead zone as KL made calls from that area just hours later.

Simplest explanation is when the phone fell between the seat and the console, the phone's antennae was blocked.

"...today’s phones have antennas embedded inside the phone. If you’re not careful how you’re holding the phone, you can block the antenna, and lose your signal. Where exactly your embedded antenna is depends on you phone model..."
9 Reasons Why Cell Phone Signals Suddenly Go Bad

Yes, I think that's what they meant.
Not that the phone stopped working or was turned off, but that any interaction with the phone ended.

Someone asking the person who made the statement exactly what they meant by "digital trail" would help.

A digital footprint is any activity on the cell phone, including accessing apps, reading/composing emails, texting, ph calls, location tracking, etal.

I believe the digital footprint stopped around 11:24pm when he drove through the intersection of Magnolia Avenue and East Austin Street because his phone fell between the seat and the console, consequently, blocking the phone's antenna.

Ironically, there is a road sign at that intersection depicting a right hand turn is needed in order to reach I-10.

I believe Jason was a good student at TX State University where he was hoping to be accepted into their prestigious Sound Recording Technology program.

Further, I don't feel the accident had anything to do with smoking weed. Jason wasn't carrying much. Would it even be enough to last the two weeks during Christmas break?

This precious child had only driven home from TX State a few times and never at night. He heavily relied upon Waze for directions. By the time of the car wreck, he's already disoriented and probably scared. He also could have been searching for his phone. When his right rear slams into the tree, he may have suffered a brain injury or possibly a whiplash.

He exits the vehicle into the dark night with his backpack that he drops within 900' along with his baseball cap and pet beta. His watch, shoes and clothing are scattered along another short span. I believe the clothing and shoes were what he'd been wearing. So, he's nude at this point. We must assume he's freaked out.

I've been prone to severe panic attacks although they're not as common now as they were years ago. They begin with intense fear. The heart palpitates feeling as if the chest will explode. Breathing is fast and shallow. Trembling and dizziness occurs. Higher vigilance sets in. You experience sweating as your body reacts with hot flashes. You feel like you're dying.

I believe Jason removed his clothing because he was suffering from a severe panic attack.

The search dogs last hit on his scent at the cattle crossing guards nearby. His aunt said it was at an abandoned home not far from the wreck site. I believe this location was as far as he got on the lonesome journey.

Cell phone data reveals timeline in mysterious disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry

I don't believe they did, though I could be wrong. It is unfortunately not clear when and under what circumstances that Google (which owns Waze) would hand over such data. I assumed some kind of warrant was needed since such info isn't shared or publicly listed on a Waze profile.
They were issued with a warrant.
Not sure how long it will take to process it.

Simplest explanation is when the phone fell between the seat and the console, the phone's antennae was blocked.

"...today’s phones have antennas embedded inside the phone. If you’re not careful how you’re holding the phone, you can block the antenna, and lose your signal. Where exactly your embedded antenna is depends on you phone model..."

A digital footprint is any activity on the cell phone, including accessing apps, reading/composing emails, texting, ph calls, location tracking, etal.

I believe the digital footprint stopped around 11:24pm when he drove through the intersection of Magnolia Avenue and East Austin Street because his phone fell between the seat and the console, consequently, blocking the phone's antenna.

Ironically, there is a road sign at that intersection depicting a right hand turn is needed in order to reach I-10.

I believe Jason was a good student at TX State University where he was hoping to be accepted into their prestigious Sound Recording Technology program.

Further, I don't feel the accident had anything to do with smoking weed. Jason wasn't carrying much. Would it even be enough to last the two weeks during Christmas break?

This precious child had only driven home from TX State a few times and never at night. He heavily relied upon Waze for directions. By the time of the car wreck, he's already disoriented and probably scared. He also could have been searching for his phone. When his right rear slams into the tree, he may have suffered a brain injury or possibly a whiplash.

He exits the vehicle into the dark night with his backpack that he drops within 900' along with his baseball cap and pet beta. His watch, shoes and clothing are scattered along another short span. I believe the clothing and shoes were what he'd been wearing. So, he's nude at this point. We must assume he's freaked out.

I've been prone to severe panic attacks although they're not as common now as they were years ago. They begin with intense fear. The heart palpitates feeling as if the chest will explode. Breathing is fast and shallow. Trembling and dizziness occurs. Higher vigilance sets in. You experience sweating as your body reacts with hot flashes. You feel like you're dying.

I believe Jason removed his clothing because he was suffering from a severe panic attack.

The search dogs last hit on his scent at the cattle crossing guards nearby. His aunt said it was at an abandoned home not far from the wreck site. I believe this location was as far as he got on the lonesome journey.

Cell phone data reveals timeline in mysterious disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry
Then why haven’t they found him?

Well...darn it...they need to search these also.
they need to search everything around there.
how accessible are the tanks?What is diameter of top openings?
Wouldn't it be an awful lot easier to throw him in a flat-bed and drive him away and throw his body from a height rather than climbing up rungs to contaminate a massive supply of oil and all the risks that brings of being seen?

This is, assuming somebody hit him on that road with a vehicle after he had left his own vehicle and had set off walking.

If it was a case of foul play and he undressed under orders, the orders somebody with a weapon would give, wouldn't it be far more likely the perp would take him elsewhere and dispose of him at a location where there would be no risk to themselves?

Snipped for focus. The article you linked to talks about when a person is holding the phone a signal might go bad. This has happened before, see for instance the iPhone 4's antennas being blocked by holding the phone. However, I am quite skeptical that a typical area between the car seat/console could block cellular signal that effectively. There is a lot of open area that might be hard to reach but isn't really that solid of an effective faraday cage. Like, in my car, there is quite a large area under the driver's seat for things to fall, due to the room needed to adjust the seat. If something fell in there, I probably couldn't get it out without stopping the car and really reaching in there, but it should easily still be transmitting and trackable.

the 5G mmwave technology is high frequency band that can be blocked by a hand or a wall, but deployment of such networks is quite limited at the moment. I don't know if it's been stated what carrier Jason was using, but say he was on Verizon, the entire area of Luling and SFR has no 5G network and solid 4G coverage (YMMV obviously, I know those coverage maps can be inaccurate).

MOO, speculative.

Attachments

• verizon_luling.png
    verizon_luling.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 11
I know it goes against all reason when two excellent SARS teams have searched an enormous area numerous times, but this is one of the only cases where I cannot shake the feeling JL is not far from the crash site.

Pure feeling/vibe only which isn’t even worth 2cents, and normally I’m the doom and gloom that immediately clings hard to foul play (sometimes in spite of common sense) but with Jason’s case it’s almost visceral that he’s there and just can’t be found. It’s like I’ve been stuck on that side of the fence and I can’t even climb up on it, much less over it, no matter all the brilliant sleuthing you’ve all done.

I’ve been following too many Dave Paulides/Missing 411 cases I guess....

MOO

Then why haven’t they found him?

I honestly don't know. However, it seems the searches are expanding outward instead of focusing on the area near the car wreck.
57.2 sq miles is the area of territory covered.
Luling is 5.48 sq miles.
Guadalupe Co is 714.5 sq miles.
Caldwell Co is 547 sq miles.

I believe the search area should be recalibrated closer to the wreckage site to include the centralized area around the abandoned home with the cattle guards that appears to be maybe a mile from the wreckage. jmho

Jason Landry Route.png
Shown at 9:35

Snipped for focus. The article you linked to talks about when a person is holding the phone a signal might go bad. This has happened before, see for instance the iPhone 4's antennas being blocked by holding the phone. However, I am quite skeptical that a typical area between the car seat/console could block cellular signal that effectively. There is a lot of open area that might be hard to reach but isn't really that solid of an effective faraday cage. Like, in my car, there is quite a large area under the driver's seat for things to fall, due to the room needed to adjust the seat. If something fell in there, I probably couldn't get it out without stopping the car and really reaching in there, but it should easily still be transmitting and trackable.

the 5G mmwave technology is high frequency band that can be blocked by a hand or a wall, but deployment of such networks is quite limited at the moment. I don't know if it's been stated what carrier Jason was using, but say he was on Verizon, the entire area of Luling and SFR has no 5G network and solid 4G coverage (YMMV obviously, I know those coverage maps can be inaccurate).

MOO, speculative.

Speculation is a good thing.

KL stated Jason's phone was between the seat and the console. This position, I believe, could block the antenna's reception. It wasn't on the floor board or under the seat.

I'll test my cell phone tomorrow by allowing Alexa to call it while it's placed between the seat and console.

The rural area actually may still have 3G in some areas but 5G hasn't made it there yet. Bastrop is 39 miles from Luling and the customers of carrier services, of one company, in particular, fuss about limited wifi on a blog I read.

I cannot shake the feeling JL is not far from the crash site.

with Jason’s case it’s almost visceral that he’s there and just can’t be found. It’s like I’ve been stuck on that side of the fence and I can’t even climb up on it, much less over it

Quote snipped

@Limecat I am right there with you. Stuck...on that side of the fence...and my tail can’t climb up on it either. :p

But in all seriousness, I truly believe Jason isn’t far and for whatever reasons he just hasn’t been found yet.

This one is a good example:

Selena Not Afraid: Missing girl's body found near Montana rest area

Her friends said she ran off into the field at the rest stop, exactly where they found her body after searching it multiple times before.

She died of hypothermia.
I followed that case also but I think the high quality of searchers, Texsar and Equisearch ( not sure I got that right) reduces, in my opinion only, that his body has been missed if it is in the vicinity of the wreck.

All the background that LE and family are privy to, we are not and that makes it very difficult to make reasonable assumptions and that makes me crazy !!

If they are indeed (LE and search teams) examining maps etc to see where else they can search or search again, then it sounds like the theory that he was crashed (alone) and set off on foot (alone) has not changed, imo...
I think it just means it’s part of the normal initial search. The follow up of looking at evidence collection via drones and imagery. Until that’s complete the initial search isn’t complete, I assume. Then we will see where they go from there.

Quote snipped

@Limecat I am right there with you. Stuck...on that side of the fence...and my tail can’t climb up on it either. :p

But in all seriousness, I truly believe Jason isn’t far and for whatever reasons he just hasn’t been found yet.
I’ll make the coffee if you bring the muffins :p It’s lonely over here.

Seriously I don’t know why I can’t shake it. I try to step back, reread what is known, and come at it from a logical POV but I’m still here on this side of the fence.

I’ll make the coffee if you bring the muffins :p It’s lonely over here.

Seriously I don’t know why I can’t shake it. I try to step back, reread what is known, and come at it from a logical POV but I’m still here on this side of the fence.
I share your dilemma. But it is the one that is the most logical for me because the only fact that doesn't fit is, that despite the best efforts of some excellent search units his body has not been found.
The other theories I consider are ones that have him still alive somewhere because that is where my heart is, not necessarily my common sense. They all have some real stretches to make them fit and some significant gaps.

It’s probably been discussed at length on earlier pages that I missed but is it possible that the clothes and the watch and the thermos with the fish were all items in the backpack that were dumped on the road? If so, it could mean he didn’t undress and maybe points to an abduction rather than him being injured or on drugs. And the beta fish throws me off, I don’t see him grabbing that unless it was already in his backpack. I mean, he couldn’t find his phone in the dark car but he found the thermos and had the wherewithal to grab that? Moo

I followed that case also but I think the high quality of searchers, Texsar and Equisearch ( not sure I got that right) reduces, in my opinion only, that his body has been missed if it is in the vicinity of the wreck.

All the background that LE and family are privy to, we are not and that makes it very difficult to make reasonable assumptions and that makes me crazy !!

It takes time to find someone who is hiding, covered or secreted in an unknown place; ie., one where Jason likely felt safe, att.

When the rainiest Hurricane Harvey hit Baytown, near Houston, in Sept. 2017, Crystal McDowell's ex-husband strangled her in the closet then hid her body and her BMW.

TX Equusearch Team, wearing snake boots, spent over a week searching rain swollen properties for her. Eventually, her ex-husband pointed LEO to his placement of Crystal. It was along a fairly desolate road that flooded due to the immense amount of rain from Harvey.

FOUND DECEASED: Crystal McDowell – Baytown, TX (8/25/17)

I believe Jason was alone when the wreck occurred. He no longer had a vehicle so he's walking. It's possible he suffered a head injury coupled with a severe panic attack.

Jason may not be far from his wrecked wheels; within walking distance, without wearing socks or slides. Isn't that's a sign that he could not get far? Souls of our feet are tender.

It's either something innocent like that or Jason's missing for nefarious purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva