TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very long......
I was thinking foul play of some sort for a while in this case and it is still a possibility but there are a few things for me that make it less likely, at least in my mind.

My theories have changed a few times but analyzing each fact and putting it into a big picture. The passenger door was locked, the clothing and personal items outside of the vehicle, the car being wedged pretty tight against the barbed wire fence. <modsnip>

I am now thinking that he could have been given something that would keep him awake, help him cram during finals, it isn’t uncommon for some college students to take stuff to keep them awake during finals and important studying. It could be the marijuana had something else in it, hallucinogen, synthetic, etc. The blunts/joints could have been dipped in something else, Maybe he wasn’t even aware of the fact.

He is driving and thinking someone or something is after him, he goes down salt flat out of panic or trying to lose whatever he thinks is after him. He gets down salt flat and wrecks possibly from dropping or searching for the phone. He gets out and retrieves his personal items , but can’t find his phone, planning to walk or get away. While getting out he scratches or pokes his back on a piece of barbed wire and hence the blood spot on tag of shorts. He gets undressed because his thoughts aren’t right, he is paranoid and possibly hallucinating. I don’t believe he got undressed due to hypothermia type events just because of the time frame. By the time the vff arrived, if we believe what he says, Jason was already undressed or at least the clothing was in the road already.... Then what happens?

I just think if someone else was with him the passenger door would have been unlocked. There wasn’t a large amount of blood in the road, like a fight had happened. Is it possible someone could have hit a naked man walking down the road? Someone else could have been driving but why would his clothing be in the middle of the road, why wouldn’t they take his clothing and personal items, gaming equipment. What would be the point of leaving it all? Now it is possible a naked paranoid man hallucinating happened upon a house or person and that went bad.

this reminds me of bryce laspisa.

Praying that something positive happens to give this young man a chance at living a good life.

I initially believed head injury or hypothermia following a missed turn (I drive that route from San Marcos to Houston area frequently). I drove straight thru the intersection at 183 and changed my mind on the "missed turn". I then went all the way down SFR - and although the first few miles of SFR were more populated than expected (and also paved), it became very isolated closer to the accident scene (gravel road and heavy/dense terrain). I was also surprised by how far the vacant homes were from the accident site. Unfortunately, I now believe it wasn't an accident and Jason was a victim of foul play. <modsnip> Prayers continue.

Ouch. Foul play would indicate a homicide and Jason a victim of murder. But, why?
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I initially believed head injury or hypothermia following a missed turn (I drive that route from San Marcos to Houston area frequently). I drove straight thru the intersection at 183 and changed my mind on the "missed turn". I then went all the way down SFR - and although the first few miles of SFR were more populated than expected (and also paved), it became very isolated closer to the accident scene (gravel road and heavy/dense terrain). I was also surprised by how far the vacant homes were from the accident site. Unfortunately, I now believe it wasn't an accident and Jason was a victim of foul play. <modsnip> Prayers continue.

I'm curious, do you believe foul play caused the accident, potentially something that started at the infamous intersection? or after JL was already driving down SFR? or the foul play occurred after the accident and hence, why he's not been located?

<modsnip>

I'm curious, do you believe foul play caused the accident, potentially something that started at the infamous intersection? or after JL was already driving down SFR? or the foul play occurred after the accident and hence, why he's not been located?

<modsnip>

I don't think Jason drove to the scene of the accident. I will post my reasons later this evening. Honestly, nothing concrete - just things that don't add up to me. <modsnip>

I don't think Jason drove to the scene of the accident. I will post my reasons later this evening. Honestly, nothing concrete - just things that don't add up to me. <modsnip>

Very interested in your reasons so look forward to your post later this evening as I too think he might not have driven the car to the crash site. I've felt for a long time that whatever happened, started back at the intersection across from Blanche Square Park when he turned Waze off and Snapped with whomever he drove there to meet. MOO

As far as posts from "friends" that weren't authentic... that's exactly the reason this site has a rule about not discussing what's read on social media here. Only what's seen in MSM is allowed here. And keep in mind... I don't make the rules! LOL :p

If the cannabis comes back clean (and I have a feeling it will) the odds of foul play and a staged accident multiply dramatically. Jason's behavior is akin to someone on PCP, but that drug just isn't common in a college setting.

I read a vice article a few days ago that reminded me of Jason.

“We had a saying at Bellevue in the psych ER and toxicology program: ‘Naked running is PCP until proven otherwise’.” I'm not sure if linking to the article is ok or not so just Google "Vice PCP" if you're interested.

How can anyone prove Jason was the one using his phone in the moments before the accident? We know at the start of the drive he was in control because Wayze was set to his parents home; an address only he would know.

A carjacking in a rural area just sounds too random and rare. Could another car have forced Jason off the road at gunpoint? If you are trying to hide a body why separate the body from it's clothing? There are so many facts in this case that just don't fit together.

I remember stopping for gas in some podunk rural town in Iowa driving back to school alone from out if state. The air was thick with flys and I was the only person there at 10pm. As I walked in to the gas station to hand the clerk some cash I thought to myself, I could get killed right now and nobody would notice. That's why Jason's story still has my attention.

Praying for closure

What else would be the motivation for foul play beside robbery or road rage? If it was one or the other, or both of these, what is the point of the clothing removal? Why leave all of that evidence that something happened and remove the nude body from the scene and risk being found with it in your car or evidence that it had been in your car?
He was a large enough man and if he was killed at the scene, it would take more that one man to lift him into another vehicle, I would think.

Robbery is out for me based on his car w/ keys being left and along with his belongings. What did they take? It appears nothing. That leaves Jason.

The act of him removing his clothing, as LE believes he did, leads me away from foul play. I don't believe he undressed under duress. Even the his dead fish being found outside the car leads me away from foul play. I believe Jason was alone.

I suppose a foul play scenario could play out if he wandered onto someone's property or worse into their home, naked, impaired and terrified someone. But then we have this person killing him and concealing his body. That seems far fetched to me.

I'm still at, right now, he walked off on foot and either succumbed to the environment or had another type of deadly medical event.

Wild speculation was he staged this whole scene, undressed, felt it was a rebirth of sorts, starting new and intentionally walked out of his life to live another one and was picked up. This would be great if it was good for him, but I'm not hopeful of this scenario. IMO

If the cannabis comes back clean (and I have a feeling it will) the odds of foul play and a staged accident multiply dramatically. Jason's behavior is akin to someone on PCP, but that drug just isn't common in a college setting.

I read a vice article a few days ago that reminded me of Jason.

“We had a saying at Bellevue in the psych ER and toxicology program: ‘Naked running is PCP until proven otherwise’.” I'm not sure if linking to the article is ok or not so just Google "Vice PCP" if you're interested.

How can anyone prove Jason was the one using his phone in the moments before the accident? We know at the start of the drive he was in control because Wayze was set to his parents home; an address only he would know.

A carjacking in a rural area just sounds too random and rare. Could another car have forced Jason off the road at gunpoint? If you are trying to hide a body why separate the body from it's clothing? There are so many facts in this case that just don't fit together.

I remember stopping for gas in some podunk rural town in Iowa driving back to school alone from out if state. The air was thick with flys and I was the only person there at 10pm. As I walked in to the gas station to hand the clerk some cash I thought to myself, I could get killed right now and nobody would notice. That's why Jason's story still has my attention.

Praying for closure
I’m sorry but we do not know the address that was set in waze, furthermore, it’s most likely he was not headed home according to his father in the lordan arts interview. If you have a source for that info I’d love to read it.

You may/may not be onto something with the PCP thought. It appears PCP use in Houston has become a problem. Wasn't Jason from near Houston ? Not saying this is the case, but it's possible. JMOO

Article from about a year ago regarding PCP in Houston area :

PCP popularity in Houston | khou.com

Experts said it has become a public health risk in the city of Houston and its grasp on Houston's users is growing. Stout said more women and younger people are using the drug.

“It was mind-boggling for me (to see) the high prevalence of PCP users in Houston and also the fact the demographic groups are shifting, so, we need to be aware of these changes,” Lee said

I’m sorry but we do not know the address that was set in waze, furthermore, it’s most likely he was not headed home according to his father in the lordan arts interview. If you have a source for that info I’d love to read it.

Ditto. I was about to say the same thing so scrolled to see if anyone beat me to it.

This is a pretty firm/positive/sure statement the way it is worded, as if you know something MSM (and we) do not (BBM): "We know at the start of the drive he was in control because Wayze was set to his parents home; an address only he would know."

"We" don't know any such thing. I too would love your source since you appear pretty sure about what you stated. I tend to use words like "might have" or "perhaps" and there's always MOO/JMO/IMHO, etc. to show that it's my opinion, and not fact.

Last edited:
Ditto. I was about to say the same thing so scrolled to see if anyone beat me to it.

This is a pretty firm/positive/sure statement the way it is worded, as if you know something MSM (and we) do not (BBM): "We know at the start of the drive he was in control because Wayze was set to his parents home; an address only he would know."

"We" don't know any such thing. I too would love your source since you appear pretty sure about what you stated. I tend to use words like "might have" or "perhaps" and there's always MOO/JMO/IMHO, etc. to show that it's my opinion, and not fact.

I just thought it was an underlying fact that he was headed to the family home using Waze. If that's something I misunderstood or misinterpreted I apologize.

On Dec. 13, just before 11 p.m., Jason Landry left his San Marcos apartment to head home. Using the Waze traffic app, authorities said they determined that Landry drove along Texas 80 through Luling.
Texas Search and Rescue begins new 3-day search for missing Texas State student

I just thought it was an underlying fact that he was headed to the family home using Waze. If that's something I misunderstood or misinterpreted I apologize.

On Dec. 13, just before 11 p.m., Jason Landry left his San Marcos apartment to head home. Using the Waze traffic app, authorities said they determined that Landry drove along Texas 80 through Luling.

It has never been confirmed that's what he did, yet people assumed that because his parents home was in that general direction (had he turned right at that intersection). He never told his parents he was on his way. That is fact. Even his father admitted as much on the LordenARTS interview (linked below). Maybe the plan was to call the next day and say "I'll be there in about an hour" but he never got that chance. But if his parents house was the plan in the middle of the night, he would have shown up unannounced. In my opinion, due to that, I do not believe 'home' was his destination that evening.

You might find the interview enlightening. This was approved by mods to discuss here or I wouldn't post.

Please do not let this matter discourage you as your initial post was awesome. My daughter didn't always tell me when she was arriving home from college nor would it have been unusual for her to arrive at or after midnight.

To answer one of your questions, no, we don't know for certain and without a doubt that Jason was driving when the accident occurred. However, his father explained that the small amount of blood found on Jason's shorts' label and waistband on his undies indicated, to him, that Jason's skin caught a bit of barbed wire when exiting his vehicle. Perhaps it was due to the proximity of his car door to the fence.

"I walk down Memory Lane because I know I'll find you there..."

Missing Person - Jason Landry

Picturesque landscape with this beautiful and blessed Landry family who needs their Jason. Wish the Sheriff would say something.

Reward for Jason Landry
Is this current: There is now a $20K reward for information that leads to finding him

@TXHeritage please share your thoughts on what doesn't add up and why you don't think he was driving as you indicated in a previous post. We all have our opinions and I'm curious to read yours in a follow-up post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper