TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I think this occurred but...

IF Jason was leaving behind his past, perhaps he met up with an assister at that intersection. And they departed in caravan. Perhaps Jason was following a lead car. Perhaps he was driving to a secondary location to be inducted, as it were.

Then a deer came out of nowhere.

He swerved, he slid, he landed against the fence.

He grabs his backpack and fish while the lead car doubles back to pick him up. Convinced Jason this is about leaving EVERYTHING behind. Phone, fish, clothes. Everything. Drugs. Shorts. Tshirt. Shoes. Watch. Underclothes. Everything. Perhaps he is given a new outfit, as a sign of the new life. Maybe he DID go to the pond. Baptism. He just wasn't alone.

And off they drove, to Jason's new life, leaving EVERYTHING behind.

It would be magical if he were found alive --

JMO

It may be based off Kent’s description since he was the one to pick them up. He may not have been the first to notice them. But, LE did state that they believe the clothing was not removed under duress or threat and that it was the clothing he was wearing.

That assumption, as far as I know, is based on KL's description of what he saw - he saw a trail of clothing, starting with shirt, slides, shorts, underwear, socks. And the watch was nearly placed under the shirt. It seems high probability of him walking or running as he discarded the clothing.

IF Jason was leaving behind his past, perhaps he met up with an assister at that intersection. And they departed in caravan. Perhaps Jason was following a lead car. Perhaps he was driving to a secondary location to be inducted, as it were.

He grabs his backpack and fish while the lead car doubles back to pick him up. Convinced Jason this is about leaving EVERYTHING behind. Phone, fish, clothes. Everything. Drugs. Shorts. Tshirt. Shoes. Watch. Underclothes. Everything. Perhaps he is given a new outfit, as a sign of the new life. Maybe he DID go to the pond. Baptism. He just wasn't alone.

JMO

And a great movie script. :)

To me it be would be incredibly cruel and irresponsible rather than magical if he is alive someplace. He is an adult, not a child. His family is suffering, tons of people have searched for him, etc

Unless of course he is mentally or emotionally incompetent to realize the situation.

But I do not believe he left to escape his life or start a new one...I think he left the scene of the crash disoriented, either injured or impaired or both, and eventually lost his life, maybe by falling asleep and succumbing to hypothermia.
Jmo.

JMO

I've spoken to my oil worker friend who has a degree in petroleum and natural gas engineering. It is his opinion that there's no way a person could fall into an old oil well. They're not big enough and they're required to be capped. If they're not capped the owners could be fined as there are federal regulators who periodically inspect abandoned wells. The wells can be thousands of feet or even miles deep but they're not wide enough for a person. MOO

If I were the parent of a missing child, I'd have a PI on my team, too. KL needs to know what happened to his son.

Luling may not have the valuable resources required for a lengthy and thorough investigation but, good grief, can't they organize another search? Where's Jason?

I fear we may not locate Jason Landry without intervention of organized search parties because he may not be able to walk out of this. Equisearch, are you listening?

Last edited:
I imagine a police detective would perform any tasks that a private detective might do and doubt police would seek outside help. Families hire them when they think the police are stuck or are not doing enough, imo.
I understand that but have you ever seen LE include the PI’s information on their statement? I haven’t but I’m interested to hear from others that have been around longer than me.

Here is one case of an independent investigator hired by Harris County, Texas to assist the DA.
Emails show investigator hired to assist Ogg on deadly raid case has been sidelined

If I were the parent of a missing child, I'd have a PI on my team, too. KL needs to know what happened to his son.

Luling may not have the valuable resources required for a lengthy and thorough investigation but, good grief, can't they organize another search? Where's Jason?

I fear we may not locate Jason Landry without intervention of organized search parties because he may not be able to walk out of this. Equisearch, are you listening?
Did you know Texas Equusearch searched for 9 days already?

I’m not disputing they shouldn’t have their own PI. I’m just curious who truly hired them.

Interestingly, here is a story of a PI on a case, sounds similar to Jason and the complaint is how the search and investigation was botched. Interesting read. Private Investigator Suspects Foul Play in Mysterious Texas Death

Last edited:
This is a story from Canada today. Awesome news that a 3 yr old was found alive after hundreds of volunteers searched 24/7 for 3 days. The point is that he was only 900 meters from where he was last seen, that is a ten minute walk. It doesn't matter how many times they searched or how professional the searchers are, if you don't look in the exact spot, you wont see them. Sadly, the most likely outcome here is that he is a mile or so away from where his car was.

‘It’s unbelievable’: Searchers find Ontario toddler alive after four days in thick woods | National Post

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone has experience in following cases where the state has hired PI’s to assist?
I do not know if the private detectives on this case are hired by family or state. Anyone know?

I found the wording on Sheriff Lane's FB page interesting (BBM):

The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office has been partnered with the Texas Rangers and a team of retired Federal Agents/ private investigators in attempting to locate Jason Landry who has been missing since Sunday Dec. 13th, 2020. The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office has utilized and will continue to utilize assistance from other agencies, including the Caldwell County District Attorney’s Office, Texas State University Police, San Marcos Police Department, Texas Department of Public Safety, and Texas Search and Rescue.

There is a difference between "has been partnered with" and "has utilized" in my opinion. To me, I'd think utilizing a team means they were responsible for getting their help. On the other hand... if they've "been partnered with" a team then that makes me sound like they weren't the ones that sought them out. Rather, someone else did (Kent?) and "partnered them" with LE. Then again, the wording could mean nothing but I did find it interesting that they called out those various groups in 2 different ways.

Mike Lane, Caldwell County Sheriff

After reading all of the info provided by @JimWest I think it's very plausible he was distracted and accidentally missed the turn on Magnolia and that he swerved to avoid a deer on SFR. Whether he dropped the phone at the light or the crash the confirmation of no cell service on SFR supports the lack of footprint. I still think he dropped his phone after the snapchat at a bump in the road after the light when the footprint stopped.
I'm not so sure JL would've found help at one of the residences. I think he would've encountered danger as most people aren't receptive to strangers coming to their house at midnight. I can't see him straying from the main road which makes me think he was hit by a vehicle or encountered foul play. Maybe the clothes in the road were staged. Maybe that's why they were left in the road instead of retrieved by LE. MOO
I don't understand LE lack of updates or press conferences either. Surely they know if the weed was laced with PCP which would explain him taking off his clothes.

I've spoken to my oil worker friend who has a degree in petroleum and natural gas engineering. It is his opinion that there's no way a person could fall into an old oil well. They're not big enough and they're required to be capped. If they're not capped the owners could be fined as there are federal regulators who periodically inspect abandoned wells. The wells can be thousands of feet or even miles deep but they're not wide enough for a person. MOO

I found out the same thing from a friend as well, but we also reviewed the area and given that the oil field was developed back in 1928 and there were a whole lot of other structures used back in those days along with the wells, he said there was no telling what sort of underground structures exist for someone to fall into. Attached is a pic of the area around where the clothes were found 2021 imagery vs the earliest I could find which was 1986 USGS. Note that just north of the vacant house area are major structures that don't even show on current images. All it takes is one deep crack over a sinkhole etc.

Attachments

• 21vs86.jpg
    21vs86.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 69
He's likely in that pond where his scent traced to and where LE admitted they "couldn't look everywhere."

Someone will have to pay to get that pond excavated. Could be a sinkhole, but since LE admits it didn't have the capacity to get all the way into the muck throughout that pond (near the vacant house), that's still my first guess.

I realize this is not a happy scenario, but if I were the parents, that's where I'd start with fund-raising, pond-draining and underground radar in the deep end of the pond.

I don't understand LE lack of updates or press conferences either. Surely they know if the weed was laced with PCP which would explain him taking off his clothes.

This is perplexing to me as well. Also I am new to this so maybe this is just SOP but I'm really taken aback at the lack of sharing of information from the SAR teams. Nothing about the areas searched or any sort of sharing of aerial imagery collected. It would seem to me that crowd sourcing eyes on this data would be win-win, but like I said I'm new so maybe I'm not seeing some larger picture.

He's likely in that pond where his scent traced to and where LE admitted they "couldn't look everywhere."

Someone will have to pay to get that pond excavated. Could be a sinkhole, but since LE admits it didn't have the capacity to get all the way into the muck throughout that pond (near the vacant house), that's still my first guess.

I realize this is not a happy scenario, but if I were the parents, that's where I'd start with fund-raising, pond-draining and underground radar in the deep end of the pond.

I could have sworn the pond that was drained and searched was the one the dogs tracked to. Anyone recall?

I could have sworn the pond that was drained and searched was the one the dogs tracked to. Anyone recall?

Jason Landry December 18, 2020
"As of 3:00 p.m. Friday, Kent said that the pond was drained and that "from the best they can tell, Jason is not in there. They are bringing teams to thoroughly examine it, and are trying to figure out why the [search] dogs all led to the pond."

Pond was drained, they used side scanning sonar but they did say the bottom was a thick layer of muck.

They did also say they weren’t sure if dogs led to house and the pond because trooper searched the area first.

Has anybody reached out to Adventures With Purpose? They are a dive team that uses sonar typically to find cars, but on a couple of occasions have searched for bodies. Maybe they (or people that they recommend) could come out and sonar the pond?

Pond was drained, they used side scanning sonar but they did say the bottom was a thick layer of muck.

They did also say they weren’t sure if dogs led to house and the pond because trooper searched the area first.

i recall this as well, that some doubt was left as to whether he pond was actually 100% ruled out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024