TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this case all along and it really hits home partly because Jason really reminds me of my youngest son who is away at college. I've been gathering my own data on various items and compiling it with some of the other known info just to put forth what I think could be a plausible series of events. I've put it all into one document so hopefully some of you on here can add to/take away/build on it to get us closer to finding out what happened to Jason.

Note: the PDF was too large to attach so I made a shareable link in my DropBox account
Dropbox - Jason Landry.pdf - Simplify your life

If that doesn't work or is not allowed, let me know and I can screenshot and post as images
Thank you for taking the time to do this and participate here. I love this forum for the intellect it brings. We can all have opinions and insights and bring them to the table and share in a way that is healthy and respectful. It should be valued that when we do that, work like this is the result.

I don’t have time to add some of my thoughts and questions right now, but I will come back to it. For now, I wanted to ask this. Did you happen to notice the tanks in this article anywhere nearby? I know the landowner mentioned is nearby so I assume they must be as well. Article is old, things may have changed. Just curious. I for one never knew there were wooden tanks like in this article.

Old Oilfield Equipment Raises Pollution Fears

Attachments

• 089A7600-3A48-465B-9D82-CF40615A6530.jpg
    089A7600-3A48-465B-9D82-CF40615A6530.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 27
Did you happen to notice the tanks in this article anywhere nearby? I know the landowner mentioned is nearby so I assume they must be as well. Article is old, things may have changed. Just curious. I for one never knew there were wooden tanks like in this article.

Old Oilfield Equipment Raises Pollution Fears

I did not notice any wooden tanks such as these specifically, but when I read the article, I recognized the landowner's name. He owns the large tracts just south of where Jason's clothes were found and just south of the vacant house. It would make sense that these tanks could be located here. Granted the man may own a lot more land outside of the immediate area, but this is all I could find in the Salt Flat oil field. Attached is an image of the tracts

Attachments

• Stuart Carter.jpg
    Stuart Carter.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 71
Oh yeah, I remember that they did another search then, but it did have volunteers? I didn’t realize that. I thought it was another professionals only search. My bad.

Kind of OT but I wonder how they do searches with horses in oil fields? It seems kind of dangerous with all those holes, doesn’t it? I mean, they’re probably pretty obvious during the day, but I keep thinking about how we were in a bad drought and the barn where we boarded our horse had huge cracks in the dirt in some of the fields, and it wasn’t the best idea to ride around there.
No, you’re correct. It wasn’t volunteers from the community it was searchers with TEXSAR who have already been trained...they are not paid and I guess that’s where I was getting confused with volunteers....sorry....yes, I think you would have to be a really good rider to be on a horse searching. I do well just to walk and not step in a hole or fall....don’t get me on a horse....‍♀️

I definitely think for Jason's age, his phone would be absolutely important to him. I'm 50 and i would of at least looked for it. That would be the first place i would look too. If it had no signal, at least grab it for a flashlight. Makes me think even more something was happening to him, bad trip, medical crisis. So where is he? It makes perfect sense that he is above or below. How deep are these wells. If he is in one, would it be even possible to find him?

I definitely think for Jason's age, his phone would be absolutely important to him. I'm 50 and i would of at least looked for it. That would be the first place i would look too. If it had no signal, at least grab it for a flashlight. Makes me think even more something was happening to him, bad trip, medical crisis. So where is he? It makes perfect sense that he is above or below. How deep are these wells. If he is in one, would it be even possible to find him?

You raise some good points. For starters, I hadn't even thought about him using (and needing) the cell as a flashlight as there was a new moon (no moon visible) that night. I guess since I don't have a cellphone, and my landline doesn't have flashlight capability... the thought never entered my mind. So yeah, 110% agreement that something was very wrong if he was to start off, in pitch darkness, without his phone to use to see, or for a lifeline when he got a signal.

I too have been wondering if they could find him if in a tank or well, and how they'd go about doing that. Unsure if there's some sort of gizmo/thingie that can see a body in the oil.

I realize three cases isn't a trend, but there were two recent cases in March where the person, after a single-car accident, crawled out and left the area with their phone still inside: Kevin Rosen (found deceased) and Chris B. (found alive, so not linking/using his last name). And this case. Is there a straightforward explanation for this behavior. A concussion? A traumatic brain injury?

Try as I might, I also can't think of a scenario as to why Jason would start discarding his clothing while running/walking. He was wearing a shirt/shorts and sandals, so under-dressed already for the outside temperature, but then...why? Lethal hypothermia causing paradoxical undressing? Is there another scenario?

I realize three cases isn't a trend, but there were two recent cases in March where the person, after a single-car accident, crawled out and left the area with their phone still inside: Kevin Rosen (found deceased) and Chris B. (found alive, so not linking/using his last name). And this case. Is there a straightforward explanation for this behavior. A concussion? A traumatic brain injury?

Try as I might, I also can't think of a scenario as to why Jason would start discarding his clothing while running/walking. He was wearing a shirt/shorts and sandals, so under-dressed already for the outside temperature, but then...why? Lethal hypothermia causing paradoxical undressing? Is there another scenario?
Certain drugs tend to make people undress, and then apparently brain injury can make temperature go way up. These are two we’ve discussed and why I am so interested in what the testing of the marijuana turned up.

"Your friends will come and go, but you will always have your siblings."

Missing Person - Jason Landry
Such a super sweet photo.

I am wondering something. How do you all read this post? Do you find it interesting wording?

I could *almost* see this post as a plea to Jason directly. I don’t know. Maybe I’m being hopeful or reading too much into the verbiage. But I could personally interpret this as speaking to the possibility of a vulnerable Jason that left voluntarily with the help of a “friend” and this post is a gentle reminder of the love of siblings being a constant. All the posts from family have had this slant.

Nothing has changed. Still a missing person case. No foul play suspected.

What do you guys think?

I am wondering something. How do you all read this post? Do you find it interesting wording?

I could *almost* see this post as a plea to Jason directly. I don’t know. Maybe I’m being hopeful or reading too much into the verbiage. But I could personally interpret this as speaking to the possibility of a vulnerable Jason that left voluntarily with the help of a “friend” and this post is a gentle reminder of the love of siblings being a constant. All the posts from family have had this slant.

What do you guys think?
This has been my lean all along. He comes from a family of career success and what we know of him shows a young man still not on a solid career path, the third university in as many years. I see him as a smart, caring young man who just couldn't face a month at home among family who he believes may judge him in a loving supportive way from their point of view. We don't know what his grades were from this first semester at San Marcos and we don't know if he registered for classes for the spring, but his family would know. Did he intend to go back?
If he did in fact have help to leave and is alive somewhere with a church group, the longer he is away, the harder it becomes to come back and face family, friends and church family and acknowledge what he has put them through. He also may be so isolated that he either doesn't have to think about what he has done or cannot communicate with the outside world.

What do you guys think?
Hmmmm. It is interesting wording, and it could be interpreted as appealing to Jason directly. I don’t know. We can’t underestimate the pressure a minister’s son is under. I’ve seen it personally in my extended family and a close friend. This is why I initially had self harm pretty high on my list. It’s still on my list but not as high.

Surely the family has seen all the SM posts about that certain church just like we have and would have checked it out, right? If I were his parent I would have driven directly there and investigated the possibility myself.

But he could also be somewhere else completely. I just still can’t make the wreck, stripping clothes, leaving everything in the road make sense if he left voluntarily. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

What do you guys think?

I don't take it as appealing to Jason directly. It might mean exactly what is says, no hidden meaning/message (blood is thicker than water-this is a strong family bond). Or, it's a statement that those Jason considered "friends" really didn't have his best interest at heart, some were bad influences that led Jason down the wrong path. Not sure. IMO

I’m sorry but we do not know the address that was set in waze, furthermore, it’s most likely he was not headed home according to his father in the lordan arts interview. If you have a source for that info I’d love to read it.

I think OP is stating that he was heading home as every news article does say "Jason was heading home"

I wish we did know what address was input to the WAZE app-- he may have put in an address or location to meet up with someone, which is what led him to the intersection when the WAZE app stopped running and SC turned on.

I like to think that LE knows what address/destination was last entered into WAZE.

Hmmmm. It is interesting wording, and it could be interpreted as appealing to Jason directly. I don’t know. We can’t underestimate the pressure a minister’s son is under. I’ve seen it personally in my extended family and a close friend. This is why I initially had self harm pretty high on my list. It’s still on my list but not as high.

Surely the family has seen all the SM posts about that certain church just like we have and would have checked it out, right? If I were his parent I would have driven directly there and investigated the possibility myself.

But he could also be somewhere else completely. I just still can’t make the wreck, stripping clothes, leaving everything in the road make sense if he left voluntarily. It just doesn’t make sense to me.
Yes, I’ve seen Kent respond on the page about the church and looking into it months ago.

If the wreck was staged is the only way it would make sense. Or maybe it wasn’t planned but the planned developed after the wreck. Maybe there was someone else following him, a friend, that picked him up and took him somewhere. Maybe he couldn’t face telling parents of the wreck and maybe other failures and left. I don’t know, maybe I’m grasping.

I’m going to compile a few posts from the page and see how it looks as a whole.

Ok, after doing so here are some thoughts of mine.

Case is still missing person- not criminal
Never have said foul play suspected
  • Always put out statements that did not blame. Drugs and alcohol not a factor in wreck-LE
  • Lots of kids experiment with drugs in college or something similar said by Kent in Brainscratch video.
  • It’s just a stupid car- Kent
  • Tell them you forgive them - Kent
  • Overcorrected car possibly-LE
  • Personal amount of drugs -LE (meant to show not dealing?)
If LE or PI’s suspected foul play, I think they would indicate that to the family at this point and I don’t see posts like what are currently being made fitting with that idea.

Where are you Jason? Please go home if you are able. Your family loves you so much.

Quotes below from family missing page, bolder by me. My thoughts in blue.
————————————————————————-
Celebrating the Birthday of Jason's big sis today. Happy Birthday Jessica!
(The picture of him showing affection. Such a loving family. Reminding him he is loved and missing a birthday.)

Your friends will come and go, but you will always have your siblings.
(Jason, your siblings will always be there for you. These “friends” will come and go, but there is a constant and that is siblings.)

Opening Day is around the corner. We so enjoyed watching the boys play baseball. One of the best memories of childhood.

I walk down Memory Lane because I know I'll find you there...

Jason (back in High School) and his Nana. She just celebrated her Birthday!
(One more person that loves him. One more birthday he is missing.)

Today is Day 100 that Jason has been missing. If you know something, please call law enforcement or the anonymous tip line (both listed above). But more than that, please hope and pray for Jason's safe return. Because God is a God of Miracles
(Always talking safe return. Never giving up hope.)

Never forget that tragedies like this devastate more than just the immediate family. The first cousins of one side of the family. Please continue to pray and hope.
(Showing Jason how many people love him. People his age- family. Family that is devastated without him.)

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26
(Also known as a doxology type prayer, possibly said as leaving church together as a congregation.)
Please keep praying and hoping for Jason's safe return.

"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you" (Isaiah 66:13)
(Could be reminding Jason of his mother’s love but more importantly that the Father’s love-God-is compassionate like a mother)

"Children are a gift from the Lord" Psalm 127:3
(Reminding Jason he is a gift- nothing he can do changes that)

"And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister." 1 John 4:21
(I was baffled by this one originally. In the church brother and sister are basically each other- not necessarily familial brother and sister. Is he reminding Jason to love or reminding even their family to love everyone thru this that hurts them through the process?)
"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity." Proverbs 17:17
(Literal or what? Shown with a pic of brothers. I imagine it could be difficult if you had a successful brother yet you felt unsuccessful? Is this a reminder that brothers are here and made by God for adversity?)

Where do the years go? Remember the good memories.
Take a moment to tell your kids that you love them.
(Showing regret, I didn’t tell him enough I love him. I want him to know I love him. Jason, remember the good memories, there were plenty.)

Attachments

• A41ACBF3-26BC-4730-A172-B2700085F462.jpeg
    A41ACBF3-26BC-4730-A172-B2700085F462.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 40
  • C8E401EA-F4C6-4B06-B8EC-C60D3CF73695.jpeg
    C8E401EA-F4C6-4B06-B8EC-C60D3CF73695.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 42
  • F7422AD1-9F5A-4A59-B307-B8851683229E.jpeg
    F7422AD1-9F5A-4A59-B307-B8851683229E.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 40
  • BE64FE1C-C471-4F94-B5E5-58CB4FD692B4.jpeg
    BE64FE1C-C471-4F94-B5E5-58CB4FD692B4.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 273ED0B1-3199-433F-8903-603EC10ABCAC.jpeg
    273ED0B1-3199-433F-8903-603EC10ABCAC.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DEBAE37C-006F-4C8C-9E31-C69538CCB597.jpeg
    DEBAE37C-006F-4C8C-9E31-C69538CCB597.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 44
  • FBB9B690-0DA2-46DA-A948-28EC24699249.jpeg
    FBB9B690-0DA2-46DA-A948-28EC24699249.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 46
  • D6288F97-2F09-4EA4-BF57-F7FA88F651F4.jpeg
    D6288F97-2F09-4EA4-BF57-F7FA88F651F4.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 1924D4D8-F993-4817-B94A-7D770FFEB4B5.jpeg
    1924D4D8-F993-4817-B94A-7D770FFEB4B5.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 3B284B7E-8BCB-4E2C-BA13-159BED539D03.jpeg
    3B284B7E-8BCB-4E2C-BA13-159BED539D03.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

What do you guys think?

"Your friends will come and go, but you will always have your siblings."

My first thought was you were reading too much into it as we all tend to do from time to time. But now that I look at it again, I can't come up with a way that it's NOT like he's taking directly to an alive Jason. Like it's a reminder that as important as your "friends" seem to you at this moment, they aren't forever like your family is.

We only know through MSM that his wallet was recovered, has there been anything said as to whether his social security card or medical cards or credit cards or bank cards or drivers license were recovered with it? Wouldn't it be difficult for him to apply for a job without some form of identification or medical care also?

We only know through MSM that his wallet was recovered, has there been anything said as to whether his social security card or medical cards or credit cards or bank cards or drivers license were recovered with it? Wouldn't it be difficult for him to apply for a job without some form of identification or medical care also?
I’ve only heard wallet recovered. We have never even heard what the condition of his things were in his apartment. We haven’t heard if he passed his classes, which would be a huge motivator for him to want to escape, in my opinion. Did he have another suitcase in the car and it was stolen? Or did he take it with him elsewhere? Did he have a desktop and a laptop? I’m sure an inventory of his items has happened. Maybe that gives hope?

If he were with someone—who would it be if you were “profiling”?

Another friend and their entire family because they feel Jason was wronged by his own family in some way?

An older friend maybe even right there in San Marcos that is somehow able to benefit from Jason being with him/her/them? Benefit how? Job, companionship, drug connection?

A friend that wants to help him? A counselor or savior mindset?

Would LE automatically check for whether he had gotten duplicate driver's license or SNN ? If this was planned could he have gotten duplicates prior to the accident and therefore have what he needs to live somewhere else and work?
I think it is very possible he could be traveling with someone who doesn't have a clue that he is missing, someone who may have given him a ride away from the accident and dropped him off somewhere

Why does LE assume the clothing was taken off and dropped by J while he was on the road? Couldn't they have been thrown from the window of the car as he changed into something else?

Would LE automatically check for whether he had gotten duplicate driver's license or SNN ? If this was planned could he have gotten duplicates prior to the accident and therefore have what he needs to live somewhere else and work?
I think it is very possible he could be traveling with someone who doesn't have a clue that he is missing, someone who may have given him a ride away from the accident and dropped him off somewhere

Why does LE assume the clothing was taken off and dropped by J while he was on the road? Couldn't they have been thrown from the window of the car as he changed into something else?
I don’t know about clothing. Maybe the way it was laid out? Or maybe they saw him in video with those clothes on?

I wonder if pressed with asking them if they believed that to still be true if they would answer the same way. No updates. No press conferences. No reporter covering. I wish we had a slew of reporters on the ground (websleuths posse reporters) prying for answers.

That assumption, as far as I know, is based on KL's description of what he saw - he saw a trail of clothing, starting with shirt, slides, shorts, underwear, socks. And the watch was nearly placed under the shirt. It seems high probability of him walking or running as he discarded the clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97