TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family, friends of missing student Jason Landry offering $10,000 reward

"The reward may be divided amongst multiple claimants as necessary, according to a post on the Missing Person - Jason Landry Facebook page.

"The information must be specific, adequate, timely, and actually used by law enforcement, search agencies, or other appropriate entities to find and return Jason to his family. The successful claimant must provide sufficient and clear written details that enable search and law enforcement teams to locate and return Jason."

"If you know anything or if you’ve seen anything we can protect you. We can protect your name. We can keep you confidential. Just call us and just talk to us," said Copeland."

The write up reads just like an attorney drew it up and his father was a prosecutor for many years before becoming a pastor. That makes good common sense to me, to minimize if possible unscrupulous people from responding.
That was my thought too, glad they're trying to protect against people attempting to take advantage of the reward!

Google Maps
I went and looked at this intersection of Hackberry and Austin St. where he turned off Waze and activated SnapChat and it is an intersection with no traffic lights, no reason for him to slow down even. If he was on his way home he would have breezed on through. How come he pulled out his phone and did what he did? Did he pick someone up at that intersection or drop them off? MOO MOO MOO

What puzzles me most is that his watch was placed underneath his tshirt, then his shoes etc all apparently found neatly on the ground. In the opposite direction are the other items. It was apparently a new moon and essentially pitch black. How could you lay your clothes and possessions neatly on the ground, with small gaps in between in complete darkness? These items were quite a distance away, so I suppose car lights may have worked. Were the lights damaged at all?

I don’t believe his clothes have been described as laid neatly on the ground.

Google Maps
I went and looked at this intersection of Hackberry and Austin St. where he turned off Waze and activated SnapChat and it is an intersection with no traffic lights, no reason for him to slow down even. If he was on his way home he would have breezed on through. How come he pulled out his phone and did what he did? Did he pick someone up at that intersection or drop them off? MOO MOO MOO

According to CCSO’s post, Jason went on through the intersection of Hackberry and Austin. And as you stated, there’s not a stop sign or traffic light there either. So I don’t think he picked up or dropped anyone off there. JMO.
Until LE is able to access the info from Snapchat, we won’t know the circumstances around him using it at that moment. As far as why he used it then, may be as simple as someone msg him and he automatically opened up Snapchat to view it. I do believe once those details surrounding Snapchat are revealed, it will help tremendously in his case. JMO.

<Modsnip: Quoted post was snipped> ... Someone else didnt cause the wreck, but they are responsible for Jason not being found.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see that as well, but no lighter found, no ash, no remnant blunt, no roach clip. Those are big for me.

<modsnip>

I asked a Repo Man about the tow truck driver entering Jason's vehicle on site.

Yes, he would enter the vehicle to turn the motor off in order to keep it from causing a possible fire by running hot. He'd also need to place the car in neutral. Additionally, once the towing process began the tow driver may need to enter the car again to turn the steering wheel since the car was, more or less, connected to the tree.

An inventory of the contents inside the car, including the center console and glove box, would be made by the police officer on scene but if he didn't file an inventory report and it seems as if he didn't since they claim the officer did not enter the vehicle, then the tow truck driver must inventory the contents for a report because sometimes people will claim they had valuable stuff inside the car when they really didn't.

Has Jason's father requested a copy of this report, I wonder?

Absolutely would have access to everything by now.
I believe they found nothing suspicious.
But if it could take up to 22 months, per post above, that would be almost 2 years.
YIKES...
quote "SimplyCass-- Not sure about recently but the family doesn't have Jason's passcode and LE has filed warrants for his SM accounts and other online accounts but it could take up to 22 months. ""

It wouldn't take that long, would it?
Maybe they don't have anything yet.
WE cant rule it out

I know that in late January (IIRC) LE stated they were still waiting on some info from social media and tech companies.

Also, I don't believe the car was "staged". It is possible Jason was forced off the road but... why?? To make him shed his clothes and belongings then kidnap and possibly harm him elsewhere? I guess stranger things have happened. That being said, I have to admit there is something that feels off about this case... maybe it's simply the fact he has not been found.
BBM
I agree something feels WAY off about this case.
The major thing off to me, is the clothes and personal belongings left on the road.
I mean, I get it if vehicle rolled over and items blew out during it, but the way and locations of items, to me, is what is OFF.
JMO

But if it could take up to 22 months, per post above, that would be almost 2 years.
YIKES...
quote "SimplyCass-- Not sure about recently but the family doesn't have Jason's passcode and LE has filed warrants for his SM accounts and other online accounts but it could take up to 22 months. ""

It wouldn't take that long, would it?
Maybe they don't have anything yet.
WE cant rule it out

It has been said that it could take up to 22 months for SnapChat to respond; not all of his SM accts.

His family is currently seeking a way to obtain a geofence warrant that will determine what phones were in the area during the same time frame as Jason. This activity should happen quickly once a Judge approves it. However, LEO are the only ones who can seek such a warrant.

Are there any MSM articles containing thoughts/interviews from his friends? His roommates?

No, and I find that a bit strange. I wish a classmate would join us but so far ... silence.

We never heard of local friends from his parent's home town or college buddies organizing search teams either. (If they did, I'm not aware of it and I've been here all along)

Jason had just one semester at this college so with Covid, he was lonely since it was difficult to make new friends when mostly everyone is in isolation. His father also commented on how Covid restrictions had made his son feel lonesome.

Apologies if I'm mentioning things everyone's been through before, but I think the car was left, just as though he'd just crashed and got out the vehicle to check the damage.

What puzzles me most is that his watch was placed underneath his tshirt, then his shoes etc all apparently found neatly on the ground. In the opposite direction are the other items. It was apparently a new moon and essentially pitch black. How could you lay your clothes and possessions neatly on the ground, with small gaps in between in complete darkness? These items were quite a distance away, so I suppose car lights may have worked. Were the lights damaged at all?

I'd like to know if his family and friends were able to comment on whether this is how he usually got dressed. Did he usually chuck all his clothes on the bed, or get items out one at a time, or did he create neat piles of clothes as seen in this incident?

Maybe it's OCD. I would have possibly expected in this instance for the piles to run as per getting dressed, so maybe underwear first, then his tshirt, then his trousers, his belt, his shoes then watch, or similar to that. He may have had a different order of getting dressed, (linked to OCD) as reflected in the order of the items laid on the ground. Putting on his watch after he's put on his tshirt makes sense too. The toiletries were found with the other items, which possibly messes this theory up, but I'd be interested to know if he was one of usually men, who use deodorant after getting dressed, by just pulling their tshirt up.

Once dressed, he'd collect any items he needed depending on his plans for the day. For example I get dressed in the bathroom or bedroom, then head downstairs and collect my handbag and any other things such as shopping bags, basically anything I need and then I leave my home. This may account for the other items having been left in a different location. Again (and I apologise for possibly over labouring this point), this would make absolute sense if he had OCD or even anxiety. Routines are comforting.

It may be entirely irrelevant, but I would like to know if anything does ring a bell. It would possibly aid the determining of his mindset.

It appears that Jason continued to shed his clothing as he walked away from the accident in the direction from which he came. None of the items appeared to be neatly folded but simply dropped when he removed them as he walked along the gravel road. Hence, he was walking along the gravel road naked on a dark night in cold weather.

He even removed his underwear that had a small spot of blood on the back near or on the label but his father figured he may have gotten stuck by a barb on the the barbed wire fence when exiting his vehicle.

His car's headlights were facing the field and not pointed on the road at all.

Do you mind sharing why it matters if Jason used deodorant before putting on his shirt or after putting on a shirt by lifting his shirt in order to apply deodorant?

<modsnip>
I asked a Repo Man about the tow truck driver entering Jason's vehicle on site.

Yes, he would enter the vehicle to turn the motor off in order to keep it from causing a possible fire by running hot. He'd also need to place the car in neutral. Additionally, once the towing process began the tow driver may need to enter the car again to turn the steering wheel since the car was, more or less, connected to the tree.

An inventory of the contents inside the car, including the center console and glove box, would be made by the police officer on scene but if he didn't file an inventory report and it seems as if he didn't since they claim the officer did not enter the vehicle, then the tow truck driver must inventory the contents for a report because sometimes people will claim they had valuable stuff inside the car when they really didn't.

Has Jason's father requested a copy of this report, I wonder?
1. We don't know that the car was running. We only know that the keys were in the ignition. Obviously, the lights were on as well.
2. The marijuana was not found in the vehicle. It was found in the backpack outside the vehicle when it was found. <modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>
3. Yes, a tow sheet would be required to be given to the Landry's. I hope they have it. But, the news reports said the vehicle was not inventoried because the car was locked. So, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member