TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. We don't know that the car was running. We only know that the keys were in the ignition. Obviously, the lights were on as well.
2. The marijuana was not found in the vehicle. It was found in the backpack outside the vehicle when it was found. <modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>
3. Yes, a tow sheet would be required to be given to the Landry's. I hope they have it. But, the news reports said the vehicle was not inventoried because the car was locked. So, who knows?

1. Well, blow me down and stand me up corrected. I told the Repo Man the car was running so if it wasn't there's no need to worry about a fire then is there? It is important to keep the facts straight so thank you, kindly.
2. Correct. Do you suspect the backpack was removed from the trunk and not from inside of the vehicle?
3. I vaguely recall the matter of the inventory being questioned when you quite wisely grabbed screen captures of the car when it was being auctioned.

I'm hesitant to believe LE will pursue a geofence warrant in this case. Not sure if they would have probable cause to present the judge with such a warrant. We're talking about the phone activity of people in the area during the timeframe Jason is believed to be there. I can see why Jason's family would want them investigate it, but.... IMO

I think they are trying to get any students or roommates who might have some bit of info as to his state of mind or his plans, anything they have yet to come forward to report, as well as anyone who might actually think they have seen him...not necessarily that they feel there are a number of people with info or any level of guilt...jmo.

This article has an interview with Kent, post 10k award.

Jason Landry search: Family of missing Texas State student offers $10,000 reward

Caldwell County won't comment on the case, as it is ongoing.

I wonder if they'll be concentrating their reward posters in just Luling, or San Marcos as well. Also, the campus and neighborhood where he lived. I can see them potentially getting some good info from students, neighbors and friends.

Here's hoping they get something the can use to bring him home!!!

It appears that Jason continued to shed his clothing as he walked away from the accident in the direction from which he came. None of the items appeared to be neatly folded but simply dropped when he removed them as he walked along the gravel road. Hence, he was walking along the gravel road naked on a dark night in cold weather.

He even removed his underwear that had a small spot of blood on the back near or on the label but his father figured he may have gotten stuck by a barb on the the barbed wire fence when exiting his vehicle.

His car's headlights were facing the field and not pointed on the road at all.

Do you mind sharing why it matters if Jason used deodorant before putting on his shirt or after putting on a shirt by lifting his shirt in order to apply deodorant?
Does LE or Dad say JL shed his close while walking or just you?

I wonder if they'll be concentrating their reward posters in just Luling, or San Marcos as well. Also, the campus and neighborhood where he lived. I can see them potentially getting some good info from students, neighbors and friends.

Here's hoping they get something the can use to bring him home!!!
Suggest flyers in Spanish, too

Does LE or Dad say JL shed his close while walking or just you?

Greetings, jondaba. Let's just say it is my own opinion. If you haven't seen the photo of the articles of clothing as they appeared on the road, it'd be helpful in understanding, perhaps. The earlier news articles are difficult to locate but the media thread link has them posted here:
TX - Jason Landry, 21, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020, MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Additionally, if you wish to do so, use the search function for this case, and type in member @JimWest you'll have an entire cache of very beneficial information that he gathered onto spreadsheets. He also has a college age son hence, he felt compelled to assist in locating Jason.

Phone data reveals final known moments before disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry | kvue.com
When his father visited the crash site, officials say he discovered articles of Landry's clothing about 900 feet away on the roadway, including a shirt, shorts, socks, underwear, slide sandals and a watch. The clothing was turned over to investigators, who discovered a small blood spot that was not indicative of serious bodily injury. Officials said an injury like this could have been caused by running into the barbed wire or foliage in the area. Investigators also noted that no blood was located in the vehicle.

Caldwell County Sheriff's Office
Upon arrival to the area, approximately 900 feet from the collision scene, Jason’s father found articles of his sons clothing (shirt, shorts, socks, underwear, slide sandals and a wristwatch) in the roadway. Those clothes were collected by his father and later released to investigators who have processed those clothes for any evidentiary findings.

Finally catching up on the threads from a month or two ago. Hoping this reward will bring any students or friends to possibly share some more info, or lead to a credible lead. Not much talk or posts other than from family I have seen or heard down here in San Marcos. Hope this case doesn’t go completely cold, Praying Jason is still out there alive :(

Finally catching up on the threads from a month or two ago. Hoping this reward will bring any students or friends to possibly share some more info, or lead to a credible lead. Not much talk or posts other than from family I have seen or heard down here in San Marcos. Hope this case doesn’t go completely cold, Praying Jason is still out there alive :(

ANY RUMORS THERE AT TX STATE ABOUT WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED?

Today, I drove to my parent’s home in Houston from San Marcos (I don’t go to school there, but I was visiting some of my friends who do) and found myself following the same path that jason is said to have taken. I was using Waze. I drove through the same intersection that leads to SFR. It was very eerie, and it made me sad, thinking about how fortunate I am that I was making it home to my parents while Jason didn’t. As a college student, it really takes you back and makes you think about simple things like driving home for the holidays.

I will be honest, I do really believe that he missed a turn and that’s how he got to that road, because if it was dark then I definitely could have missed it. Even during the day, the sign is so small, and there are a lot of tree branches that stick out around it. I just know the area a little bit, and I knew the turn was coming.
Anyways, sorry for the little rant, this case just hits me so hard since I’m the same age as jason and a college student. I don’t normally take that route, but when I realized it’s the way that Waze was taking me my stomach dropped a little. I hope that his family gets their closure soon, because I can’t imagine what it must feel like being left in the dark.

Today, I drove to my parent’s home in Houston from San Marcos (I don’t go to school there, but I was visiting some of my friends who do) and found myself following the same path that jason is said to have taken. I was using Waze. I drove through the same intersection that leads to SFR. It was very eerie, and it made me sad, thinking about how fortunate I am that I was making it home to my parents while Jason didn’t. As a college student, it really takes you back and makes you think about simple things like driving home for the holidays.

I will be honest, I do really believe that he missed a turn and that’s how he got to that road, because if it was dark then I definitely could have missed it. Even during the day, the sign is so small, and there are a lot of tree branches that stick out around it. I just know the area a little bit, and I knew the turn was coming.
Anyways, sorry for the little rant, this case just hits me so hard since I’m the same age as jason and a college student. I don’t normally take that route, but when I realized it’s the way that Waze was taking me my stomach dropped a little. I hope that his family gets their closure soon, because I can’t imagine what it must feel like being left in the dark.

So waze took you thru salt flat road????

No no, it took me to the intersection where you could either go straight and it turn into SFR, or turn right to head towards the interstate. I took the right turn. I didn’t mean for it to come off like I went to SFR, I was just at that same intersection.

But you're saying you think he might have missed the turn because it was dark and there were branches on the road? (taken from your previous post) What do you think about the fact he turned off Waze and Snapped with someone at that intersection? (which was when his digital footprint ends) Does that change your opinion at all about what could have happened at that intersection?

But you're saying you think he might have missed the turn because it was dark and there were branches on the road? (taken from your previous post) What do you think about the fact he turned off Waze and Snapped with someone at that intersection? (which was when his digital footprint ends) Does that change your opinion at all about what could have happened at that intersection?
Google Maps
I recall reading that he turned off his Waze and checked Snapchat at the intersection of South Hackberry and E. Austin which is about 5 blocks prior to the intersection where he should have turned right to go to Rt. 10. I put a Google Map link to that intersection a page or so ago because upon looking at it, I couldn't figure out why he would do that there. There isn't a light or any apparent reason he would slow down and pull up his phone and do that. I think he had arrived in Luling and had reason to make contact with someone and I think he went down Salt Flat Road on purpose. MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214