TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we knew more about his digital footprint. I feel like that would hold some clues. a Reddit account or something.

My favorite picture of Jason:
183178563_437804467192063_7902302581273179542_n.jpg

LordanArts - John Lordan interviews Jason's dad, Kent:
Interview really begins at about 8 mins in.

Bringing this old article back (from Feb 2021) and reposting the timeline to refresh everyone's memory.

Cell phone data reveals timeline in mysterious disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry
jason_landry_wrecked_car-3446793.jpg

Dec. 13, 10:55 p.m. - Jason leaves his apartment in San Marcos with the intent to drive to his parents' home in Missouri City, Texas.

Dec. 13, 11:05 p.m. - Jason drives his vehicle on Highway 80 and passes under I-35 in San Marcos.

Dec. 13, 11:07 p.m. - Jason continues to drive south on Highway 80 entering Caldwell County.

Dec. 13, 11:11 p.m. - Jason is in Martindale, Texas, continuing south on Highway 80.

Dec. 13, 11:15 p.m. - Jason passes over SH130 on Highway. 80.

Dec.13, 11:24 p.m. - Jason enters Luling, Texas on Highway 80. He stops using the Waze app and opens Snapchat. He passes through the intersection of Magnolia Avenue and East Austin Street, and that’s where Jason’s digital footprint stops. It’s believed he continued on East Austin to Spruce Street, which turns into Salt Flat Road.

At 12:31 a.m., Jason's wrecked vehicle is found on Salt Flat Road. Investigators say it was a single-vehicle collision, most likely from over-correcting on the gravel road, spinning off the roadway and crashing the rear-end into a tree.

body_cam_footage_of_car_and_clothes-3446797.jpg

But it’s the approximate 67-minute window between Jason’s last digital footprint and the discovery of the crash scene that investigators are focusing on. Investigators say Jason’s phone, which was found between the driver’s seat and center console, was on and had a signal, so they are still trying to figure out why it appears unused since the intersection at Magnolia Avenue.

Troopers who responded to the crash scene found Jason’s backpack, ball cap, toiletries and a tumbler with his dead betta fish in it on the road about 900 feet away. They say the backpack contained a small amount of marijuana, a laptop and gaming equipment.

“There are 67 minutes where we just don't know what happened,” Jason’s father told Dateline. “Was someone chasing him? Maybe. Did he just wreck and get out to find help? We don’t know. Anything is a possibility.”

Pictures of Jason from the night he went missing:

jason_last_photo_collage-3446790.png

The sheriff’s office said Jason’s family have been cooperative and helpful in the investigation. The sheriff’s office clarified that they are not suspects or persons of interest in the case and, as of right now, there is no evidence an unknown person of interest was involved in the incident.

Hundreds of hours of security videos from in and around Luling were also reviewed, but none has offered up any evidence, according to the release. The sheriff’s office is continuing to ask for the public’s help in the case and to provide any details that may help the investigation.

Jason Landry update: $10,000 reward offered for missing student | khou.com

The reward money is being offered by Jason’s family and friends.

“I would like nothing better than to be able to reward that money to the person who comes forward and helps us locate our son," Kent said.

He’s hoping this reward will entice someone to fill in the blanks.

“We know our son. We’re a normal family, but we’re also a happy family. He was a great kid. He wouldn’t just run away. That’s not, that’s just not him. He would not stay away. Until we know something, we’re going to keep hoping and praying," Kent said.

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Texas State student Jason Landry face hurdles as physical search ends
As CrimeOnline previously reported, two teen brothers who were student-athletes at Ridge Point High School were fatally shot execution-style on December 12 while parked outside a home in a town neighboring Missouri City. Police have not named any suspects, but have reportedly detained one individual for questioning, ABC 13 reports. There has been no suggestion of any connection between the killing and Landry’s disappearance, or any indication that Landry knew the victims, who would have started high school after Landry graduated. Caldwell County Sheriff’s Sgt. William Miller told CrimeOnline that the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office was unaware of the double homicide near Landry’s hometown, and said that his department would be following up on any and all leads.

Asked about earlier reports of dogs picking up a scent at an abandoned home near the crash site, Miller said canines brought in to search the area were “going back and forth” between the abandoned house and a pond that was later drained and searched, without finding Landry. But investigators are not certain the canine was picking up on Landry’s scent, because a deputy and a trooper had checked the same house just after the wreck was discovered.

Texas Equusearch arrived and searched thoroughly for Jason -

“We will not speculate on what may have happen to Jason, but we feel the vast area surrounding the accident scene has been thoroughly searched … and Jason still hasn’t been found,” the search organization said in a statement obtained by KTRK. “As a result, Texas EquuSearch is suspending our search operations for Jason until law enforcement investigators obtain credible, and sufficient information that would lead our team into a more specific area to search.”

132043372_3805708909441124_2793754540604332624_o-1.jpg

“Our main focus is: Where is he?,” Miller said.

FB Groups dedicated to finding Jason:
Facebook Groups
Facebook Groups
Missing Person - Jason Landry (Official FB Group Ran by Family)

SIDE NOTE 1:
I bolded some interesting wording by the police. Maybe they are suspecting foul play more than they are letting on. The unknown”... an "unknown" person of interest. Maybe they're beating around the bush saying there is a KNOWN person of interest. Idk, just a thought.

SIDE NOTE 2:
His father said that Jason's school has not been helpful and has not even acknowledged Jason's disappearance nor informed the student body (which could lead to someone coming forward with info if done).

SIDE NOTE 3:
LE is testing the weed Jason had with him to see if perhaps it was laced with hallucinogenics. Also worth mentioning that weed can decrease clotting. If he sustained a head injury with bleeding on the brain, weed could have made the bleeding worse, which could explain disorientation.
Related Mayo Clinic link:
Marijuana.

Last edited:
I think we’re at a point unless we want to start discussing alien abduction or Big Foot did it, we’ve all just run out of scenarios to hash over. I just pray one day his family gets the answers they deserve, whatever they may be.

Agreed @Limecat
I feel so many theories and circumstances of Jason’s disappearance has been thoroughly discussed here and many of them discussed numerous times.
At times feeling like his case is at a standstill...But I’m sure LE continues working in the background...praying his family gets answers soon. ❤️

Agreed @Limecat
I feel so many theories and circumstances of Jason’s disappearance has been thoroughly discussed here and many of them discussed numerous times.
At times feeling like his case is at a standstill...But I’m sure LE continues working in the background...praying his family gets answers soon. ❤️
I have faith in LE, but how much investigation is being put into the search for someone LE believes Jason : was not a victim of foul play, was not involved in an accident with another vehicle, and who seemingly got out of the car and walked off into the night...maybe to avoid LE, etc.?

I have no basis, mlhenn, but pure gut feeling. I don’t believe Jason met with foul play, I do believe it was him driving the car, that it was a one vehicle (non-staged for reasons I’ve stated before)accident, that Jason either fled the scene because for whatever reasons (afraid of consequences, bad weed, head injury, etc) or he believed he was headed toward help and somehow got lost.

I am not at all completely convinced the clothing found in the road was what Jason was wearing at the time, but I guess if someday Jason is found, we’ll know the answer to that.

I cannot get past that he is nearby, and hasn’t been found. It does happen.
All speculation, moo, alphabet soup.

I agree as far as seeing how LE thinks he was alone and driving, not much LE can focus on other than more searches...and getting the usual phone and computer records for any clues as to his frame of mind, etc...I still think he is there to be found...somewhere. Jmo

For me, the strangest thing is that he drove 5 miles down that road.
That's a huge distance to go if you didn't intend to go down there.
And it's a dark lonely road, so surely he'd have realised it wasn't the correct way before doing a whopping 5 miles.....
He had Waze on, so would have known general directions and roads coming up.
Marijuana joints were found, so am wondering if he was smoking one, was a bit confused, had an accident and the head injury made it worse. I think he went a-wandering and fell into a rural hole....MOO.

For me, the strangest thing is that he drove 5 miles down that road.
That's a huge distance to go if you didn't intend to go down there.
And it's a dark lonely road, so surely he'd have realised it wasn't the correct way before doing a whopping 5 miles.....
He had Waze on, so would have known general directions and roads coming up.
Marijuana joints were found, so am wondering if he was smoking one, was a bit confused, had an accident and the head injury made it worse. I think he went a-wandering and fell into a rural hole....MOO.

He didn't have Waze on at that point. He switched over to Snap back at that intersection in Luling (where he should have turned if it was going home). I think that's what you meant though it's not real clear to me since you were talking about going 5 miles down a (gravel) road.

He didn't have Waze on at that point. He switched over to Snap back at that intersection in Luling (where he should have turned if it was going home). I think that's what you meant though it's not real clear to me since you were talking about going 5 miles down a (gravel) road.
No, he didn't have waze on at that point, but what I meant was, he would have taken a look at the screen a few times before he turned it off, to know which way to go. He must have memorised the next road or two....

But really if he travelled 5 miles down that dirt road, without realising it was the wrong way before then, then I think his mind was clouded with a few smokes of marijuana. Doesn't make him a bad person, but I think it may have made him confused.

REWARD UPDATE
The family and friends of Jason Landry have decided to remove the conditions contained in the previous offer and simply ask that the successful claimant provide sufficient and clear details to enable search and law enforcement teams to locate and return Jason. Go to https://drive.google.com/.../17mhB2Wuwv2.../view... for how to make a claim and further details.
Missing Person - Jason Landry

It's possible Jason didn't know he'd veered off course, then thought he'd eventually pop out on something familiar. But oddly that missed turn and the straightaway he took go completely different ways almost immediately. The route map is stunning to me. If he was at all directionally challenged, he might not realize he was going the opposite way! Every turn he took thereafter, moving him farther, not closer, to the route he needed.

Still, what if he was following someone.... the crash accidental, the clothes just dirty laundry pulled from his backpack as he searched for something else? Long shot, I know. But I'd rather he's alive somewhere, starting fresh.

I hope the reward jogs something loose somewhere so his family can find answers.

JMO

REWARD UPDATE
The family and friends of Jason Landry have decided to remove the conditions contained in the previous offer and simply ask that the successful claimant provide sufficient and clear details to enable search and law enforcement teams to locate and return Jason. Go to https://drive.google.com/.../17mhB2Wuwv2.../view... for how to make a claim and further details.
This makes me think they haven’t had any luck with people coming forward to offer tips. So sad.

Every time I see Jason's missing thread inching up in my watched threads, I also think about a 9-year-old little girl, Serenity Dennard, that's been missing since Feb 2019 after she ran outside towards the woods from the gym of her South Dakota group home. This was winter - cold, and short days. No coat, she couldn't/should not have gotten far yet here we are -- she's still missing. :(

https://www.sdnewswatch.org/stories...d-despite-extensive-search-and-investigation/

SD - SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #4

This is absolutely heartbreaking. I highly doubt he met with foul play or left of his own accord. Unfortunately I believe he is out there somewhere. But where?

I hope he’s found soon.

REWARD UPDATE
What exactly were the conditions they are removing?

What exactly were the conditions they are removing?
I cannot say exactly, but it seems to me that all the details or emphasis on the people offering to tips not have issues with LE of their own have been removed. I remember thinking that if someone had drug problems or at least a presence to LE that they may not come forward for that reason.
I also don't remember the reference to homeless camps, intersections etc. in the first one, but that may just be my memory. This seems more targeted to his being alive and functioning on the fringe somewhere. I wonder where they have distributed this as a flyer, or if they have. MOO MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214