TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot say exactly, but it seems to me that all the details or emphasis on the people offering to tips not have issues with LE of their own have been removed. I remember thinking that if someone had drug problems or at least a presence to LE that they may not come forward for that reason.
I also don't remember the reference to homeless camps, intersections etc. in the first one, but that may just be my memory. This seems more targeted to his being alive and functioning on the fringe somewhere. I wonder where they have distributed this as a flyer, or if they have. MOO MOO MOO MOO

The reference to 'homeless camps, intersections, etc.' was included in the original.

The reference to 'homeless camps, intersections, etc.' was included in the original.

But he still would've needed his clothes......and he left his pet fish too.

Just a thought, generally, not necessarily to do with Jason:

Why do these missing people potentially amalgamate into these itinerant and homeless camps so easily.....don't the homeless people already there, try to get them help it back to their families?? It's nice they're so welcoming but.....

But he still would've needed his clothes......and he left his pet fish too.<snip>

I was answering Rosiebones when s/he said: "I also don't remember the reference to homeless camps, intersections etc. in the first one, but that may just be my memory."

I was stating that it was in the original reward poster. I distinctly remember it being there as I had a conversation with someone specifically about that.

And we don't know 100% for sure those were the clothing he was wearing when he drove off in his car. They were what he was wearing shortly before, but he might have changed before he left the house (the night was getting chilly) and stuffed them in his backpack to be washed at his parents house.

I know several posts have theorized the clothes in question may have been removed from the backpack.

In my thinking, if that were the case, they should have been near the backpack. It would be off IMO to pull the clothes out, drop the backpack, and carry the clothes a good distance and then begin dropping them. I believe it's been established by reports and even by the LE bodycam picture that the backpack was found approx. 900 feet from the car, heading south, back towards Luling, and the clothes a bit further south.

The other scenario would be JL walked to the point where the clothes were found with the backpack, then began pulling them out, and then continued walking back towards the car, dropping the backpack at the 900 feet mark.

Last edited:
If Jason was the type to do laundry at his parents' house, I am fairly confident in stating that there is a near-zero chance he would only pack one outfit (which happen to be the ones that he was known to be wearing an hour before leaving?). He would have brought everything.

as I've previously noted, each rented area at the apartment complex has all their own washer and dryer, on site.

I wonder why we've never heard of financial transactions he might have completed that day (debit/credit cards, etc) or in the days prior.

Did he stop for gas and/or food? If so, how did he pay? When was his last transaction?

What exactly were the conditions they are removing?
I vaguely recall when the reward was first announced but I believe it was a time-sensitive reward. This is often done just to try and advance information coming forward -- especially if somebody holding back and knows the reward expires in a few days.

Here's the link to the current terms.

Details Jason Landry Reward.pdf

I'm always hesitant to jump in on a case that has been ongoing for months, with so many dedicated sleuths who have been following faithfully for quite sometime. So I apologize that I have not read all the posts on Jason's case but I have dedicated a good portion of two days trying to catch up as best I can.

Did LE determine where Jason got the joints that were in his backpack? Are we sure they were not laced with trace, hallucinogenic drugs? I ask this because I have a relative who once smoked a joint which contained traces of some other substance (they think it contained meth and maybe something else), and it sent him into a full psychotic break. He actually had a bad car accident and jumped from the vehicle, running down the highway, removing his shirt. He was finally captured by onlookers and detained for authorities.

I wonder if Jason was very upset by the accident and tried to smoke to calm down and then had a reaction to some foreign substance. This may have already been discussed previously and I missed it.

Last edited:
I'm always hesitant to jump in on a case that has been ongoing for months, with so many dedicated sleuths who have been following faithfully for quite sometime. So I apologize that I have not read all the posts on Jason's case but I have dedicated a good portion of two days trying to catch up as best I can.

Did LE determine where Jason got the joints that were in his backpack? Are we sure they were not laced with trace, hallucinogenic drugs? I ask this because I have a relative who once smoked a joint which contained traces of some other substance (they think it contained meth and maybe something else), and it sent him into a full psychotic break. He actually had a bad car accident and jumped from the vehicle, running down the highway, removing his shirt. He was finally captured by onlookers and detained for authorities.

I wonder if Jason was very upset by the accident and tried to smoke to calm down and then had a reaction to some foreign substance. This may have already been discussed previously and I missed it.

They haven’t said where he got them - not sure if they know or not. I believe it was mentioned that they would test to see what they contained. I sure hope they did, because that would be my first step.

I vaguely recall when the reward was first announced but I believe it was a time-sensitive reward. This is often done just to try and advance information coming forward -- especially if somebody holding back and knows the reward expires in a few days.

Here's the link to the current terms.

Details Jason Landry Reward.pdf

Yes, it did have an end date at one point. It was either sometime in June or July. They received a fair amount of criticism about all the legalese of the wording. I get it (the need to feel you have to add legalese, plus the fact his dad used to be an attorney), but I also get what the criticizers were saying... that it would put off some people to come forward. I guess a reward poster needs to be just that... simply written and no legalese. It's offputting for those on the edge and afraid to come forward. Make coming forward not so scary. Looks like that's what they did. I hope they get somewhere with this.

Jason needs to be found so his family and friends can grieve and move forward. Not knowing is so hard.

Last edited:
This just baffles me.

Im pretty directionally and street smart. But my brother in law (who has lived in the area his entire life) got completely lost leaving my aunt's house and ended up 45 min from where he should have been. He is tech savvy and was completely sober. It's not that weird to get lost. What's weird to me is his clothes and fish he took. He was intending on leaving the car and not returning for a while. But then why discard them? I had a brain injury after an accident and had NO idea what was happening. But I would never think to grab my things in that state. But maybe that's just me.

ALL MOO

I would be interested if he intentionally filled the gas tank for this trip just before leaving Sam Marcos, indicating to me that he intended to go all the way home that night. Or did he just take off with less than he would need for the trip home, indicating to me that he may have intended to go back to San Marcos or to abandon the car etc. MOO MOO MOO

Seattle1 said:
I also think about 9-year-old Serenity Dennard, missing since Feb 2019 after she ran outside towards the woods from her South Dakota group home. This was winter, cold and short days. No coat, she couldn't/should not have gotten far yet here we are -- she's still missing. :(
I think in this case and possibly Jason's case, the natural terrain would be the problem...woods can have drop-offs hidden by ground foliage, plus there's is also the issue of old unknown mine shafts, oil holes, natural crevices......they can all be deep. It's difficult enough to find remains at the surface, let alone when they're hidden beneath.

Yeah, the results of the testing on the joints is what I want to know. They specifically said they were testing for hallucinogens, but they never released the results. I think what happened to your relative could have happened to Jason.

Sorry if I have missed this, but has the possibility of animal involvement been mentioned? I was discussing this case with my husband last night, and he was reminded of a book he read about migrants who were known to have died while crossing the border. When people attempted to locate and retrieve their bodies, they had apparently vanished. This was a mystery for awhile, as it was not thought that there were animals in the area that were large enough to move a body. But my husband was saying they ultimately realized that coyotes (the animal, not humans) were capable of this?

Anyway, I have not read this book. But it did make me wonder if it’s most likely that he crashed the car, was disoriented (either due to the crash or substances), succumbed to the elements, and was then “disappeared” by coyotes or other wildlife in that area before his body could be located. Thoughts?

Kent says in this interview that the engine was running. Did we know that detail?

Not that I recall. To me (since some have speculated about this), if he purposely left the car with the headlights still on so he can see his way back to the road (it was pitch black out), I don't think there was a need to leave the lights on for that. Keys in the ignition, yeah, but the car didn't need to be running.

That's an interesting fact, to be sure.

Sorry if I have missed this, but has the possibility of animal involvement been mentioned? I was discussing this case with my husband last night, and he was reminded of a book he read about migrants who were known to have died while crossing the border. When people attempted to locate and retrieve their bodies, they had apparently vanished. This was a mystery for awhile, as it was not thought that there were animals in the area that were large enough to move a body. But my husband was saying they ultimately realized that coyotes (the animal, not humans) were capable of this?

Anyway, I have not read this book. But it did make me wonder if it’s most likely that he crashed the car, was disoriented (either due to the crash or substances), succumbed to the elements, and was then “disappeared” by coyotes or other wildlife in that area before his body could be located. Thoughts?

Yes, we've had many thorough conversations about this. There are a lot of feral hogs out there. I think a lot concluded they don't eat the entire body.

I wonder why we've never heard of financial transactions he might have completed that day (debit/credit cards, etc) or in the days prior.

Did he stop for gas and/or food? If so, how did he pay? When was his last transaction?

It was not a very long trip - he left the apt at 10:55 p.m. and his "digital trail" ended by 11:24 p.m. Due to the late hour, I assume he already ate dinner.

Did LE determine where Jason got the joints that were in his backpack? Are we sure they were not laced with trace, hallucinogenic drugs?

[Snipped for focus] Don't be afraid, jump in. Always good to have another voice. I haven't been on WS long (this is probably the longest thread I've followed), but I feel like after a while, the dedicated sleuths start running in circles about what happened. As for the joints, LE has only said they're being tested and have not disclosed their results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member