TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dear friend's niece and her husband were involved in a car accident along with 3 other vehicles. The driver who caused the accident, hopped out of his vehicle and jumped on top of his car. Then, he jumped onto the niece's vehicle, jumped down and opened her passenger's side door. He proceeded to try removing her by grabbing her arm and pulling.

This driver, as it turns out, was high from smoking marijuana laced with embalming fluid.

Has anyone else heard of mj being laced with embalming fluid? I was told it required four LEOs to gain control of this driver.

I wish we'd hear about the tests conducted on the mj found in Jason's backpack. Is there a valid reason the information would not be made public? I can think of a couple of possible reasons.

A dear friend's niece and her husband were involved in a car accident along with 3 other vehicles. The driver who caused the accident, hopped out of his vehicle and jumped on top of his car. Then, he jumped onto the niece's vehicle, jumped down and opened her passenger's side door. He proceeded to try removing her by grabbing her arm and pulling.

This driver, as it turns out, was high from smoking marijuana laced with embalming fluid.

Has anyone else heard of mj being laced with embalming fluid? I was told it required four LEOs to gain control of this driver.

I wish we'd hear about the tests conducted on the mj found in Jason's backpack. Is there a valid reason the information would not be made public? I can think of a couple of possible reasons.
Gosh I remember, I want to say late 1980’s, early 1990’s there being stories about marijuana being laced with embalming fluid. I remember my bestie and I smoked a joint of dubious acquisition and while it wasn’t embalming fluid, there was something else in there. It wasn’t bad or anything, just powerful. I can’t even guess what it would be like to inhale something that toxic. MOO

About the fish. I think that there are some important things to be considered that involve the fish.

1.) I believe that Jason was truly heading home for the Holidays. You simply don’t take your fish along for a short ride in the country. Maybe your dog; but not your fish. He brought his fish because he was planning to be away from his apartment for multiple days.

2.) After the crash, Jason exited the vehicle with his backpack and his fish. That tells me that he was thinking in a reasonably logical manner at that point. If he was in a “drug crazed frenzy” or if he had a head injury or if he was being forced from the vehicle by others, I doubt very much that the small fish would have crossed his mind at all. So, at that point I believe that he was thinking in a logical manner and knew that the vehicle would likely be there for hours until he was able to get assistance. Unable to locate his phone, he exited the vehicle with the backpack and the fish.

With no phone to summon assistance, I believe that Jason began walking down the road. He did not just “suddenly” decide to now abandon the fish beside the road ….. along with his backpack and all clothes. Simply not logical. I believe that the only logical explanation is that he encountered foul play shortly after exiting his vehicle.

Unknown at this time is why he turned off Waze and began using SnapChat. But he had a reason. Unknown at this time is why he proceeded in a northerly direction up Salt Flat Road. But he had a reason.

Just my opinion(s).

It's called WET on the streets.

They have removed the conditions on the reward!

REWARD UPDATE
The family and friends of Jason Landry have decided to remove the conditions contained in the previous offer and simply ask that the successful claimant provide sufficient and clear details to enable search and law enforcement teams to locate and return Jason. Go to https://drive.google.com/.../17mhB2Wuwv2.../view... for how to make a claim and further details.

***Whoops. My bad, I thought this was new info. Just realized it's from May 27. I must have missed this.

REWARD UPDATE
The family and friends of Jason Landry have decided to remove the conditions contained in the previous offer and simply ask that the successful claimant provide sufficient and clear details to enable search and law enforcement teams to locate and return Jason. Go to https://drive.google.com/.../17mhB2Wuwv2.../view... for how to make a claim and further details.

The Project Absentis mentioned in the reward is interesting - first time I had heard of them. They are also assisting in the current missing hiker case in Hawaii. (Samuel Martinez)

Dropbox - Jason Landry.pdf - Simplify your life

Bringing the body of work member @JimWest compiled.

I believe there was no foul play involved in the car accident. I feel if someone wanted to harm Jason, then his car may have been set on fire. There has been no evidence revealed that any other individuals were involved in this road trip.

Two things still bother me in addition to the fact that Jason drove for a long while on the unpaved, pothole filled, rocky road.

1. What was Jason doing with the SnapChat app open? If his settings would allow his location to display, then whomever he was friends with in SnapChat could see his location. Maybe a buddy would have said: "Hey, Bro. Going the wrong way. Turn the car around." However, no one has come forward to say they communicated via SnapChat with Jason.

2. Why did he leave the accident scene without the lifeline that is his cellphone? We have a clue to his mental state by knowing he discarded clothing in the road.

It appears his watch was the first item removed and placed on the road. For this reason, I feel he had been wearing the same clothing that he wore in the photos of him taken prior to his departure. He wasn't plundering thru his backpack only to toss these items onto the road. Also, the speck of blood found on the back of his undies indicates he may have caught a barb when exiting his car.

I find it odd he was not carrying extra jeans, shirts, undies but mostly another pair of shoes since all he had were the casual black slides. Where are his sneakers?

Although I don't prefer the theory, I'll admit any and all other clothes and shoes he'd need were presently at his father's home, especially, since KL never mentions a lack of extra clothing as being unusual.

Further, I don't understand why additional officially organized searches are not being conducted. Why would LEO in the area think it's alright to give up on locating Jason?
His watch was NOT the first item he dropped.
First he dropped his backpack and his head wear, continued on several feet and started dropping his other items.
His father described the layout of his watch on the road with two straps laid out flat, under a garment... almost as if he was taking a shower, a swim, or retiring for the night.
OR under orders to strip.

It was a very windy night.
He wouldn't have had sufficient time to develop hypothermia, a 900 ft walk carrying a heavy backpack with all his computer game gear...

Was he ill? Developed a pyrexia prior to crashing? I don't know, Maybe never will know.
I cannot help but to believe his body would have been located in the course of one of the extensive searches, unless a wild animal had taken him.
A wild animal would not have ordered him to strip, however.
A madman quite possibly would have.
Maybe he hid his phone so a third party would be unable to take it from him? Maybe he just gave up searching for it, Kent said it was in a really awkward place.

His watch was NOT the first item he dropped.
First he dropped his backpack and his head wear, continued on several feet and started dropping his other items.

I took @DeDee ’s quote as referring to the watch appearing to be the first “article of clothing” Jason removed based on where it was found on the road in relation to the other pieces of clothing.
(Not necessarily the first thing he dropped or placed in the road)

If he met with foul play and someone ordered him to strip then they must have forced him to leave with them or he would just have gone back, redressed and sought help.
If he was so head injured that he removed all of his clothes then he would have gotten progressively more impaired and would have been found in the vicinity during the searches.
The list of items found on the roadside is assumed to have been discarded as he walked away from the car, he may have walked down the road, turned at the point that the tracker dogs abruptly lost scent and doubled back toward the car dropping clothes on the way back.
All of this is MOO MOO MOO

I have always thought that Jason had hyperthermia (or possibly paradoxical reaction to hypothermia) due to a closed head injury, which caused him to take off his clothes. Because people can walk around for a while after certain types of head injuries, he is farther away than we think but unfortunately deceased. I really hope they find him this year.

I have always thought that Jason had hyperthermia (or possibly paradoxical reaction to hypothermia) due to a closed head injury, which caused him to take off his clothes. Because people can walk around for a while after certain types of head injuries, he is farther away than we think but unfortunately deceased. I really hope they find him this year.

ITA. This is the scenario that best fits what we know.

We don't know how long he sat in the car though.
We know it wasn't hours and hours .
We also know the car had power, headlights were switched on. He may well have lost his phone and spent a long time searching for it, a possibility.
But it was not for a considerable period of time.
I think the drive to SLR took approximately 10-12 minutes, this based upon trips others made on that road, linked in previous threads.
He may well have pulled in to search for it long before he hit SLR.
Or he may have hidden it.

Was there any mention of a drink or snacks for his trip seems like most kids would get an iced coffee or hot, for the road that late at night . and snacks ..JMO

I had wondered about this, too, but there is a Bucees very nearby and they are so perfect for stops. I thought maybe that was his intention. My college kids love stopping there.

ITA. This is the scenario that best fits what we know.

100%, it’s the conclusion that fit all the puzzle pieces, not long after news and details came out and I have believed this all along. I shared my own personal story in this thread, of a friend and her husband - he was on the road for work. While his “episode” for lack of better word), was drug induced - after a few months of disappearing from his truck on the side of a major highway, searches yielded many items (phone, clothes) but not him. Many many highly trained and intensified searches. Then just a couple miles away a man is found on a business property in a culvert, naked and deceased. The match STILL wasn’t made. It was only because his wife fought to have hun in namus the match was made. As an outsider looking in, it’s jaw dropping to hear how this all went.

I too hope they find him soon. If his remains were in the wild, I think this time and year is the only shot. Heartbreaking to have to think this way, but all the signs are there.

moo

This post examines the application of Occam’s Razor to the mysterious disappearance of Jason Landry.

Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy which holds that if an event has two possible explanations, the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is usually correct.

Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely your is conclusion.

Let’s see how that might apply here:

Known facts:

1. JL was driving a certain car which crashed in a rural area.

2. Trained search-and-rescue teams, including dogs, repeatedly searched the area surrounding the crash site.

4. These repeated search and rescue efforts did not find JL’s body nor any portion of it.

If we apply to these facts Occams rule that the explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is usually correct, then Occam’s razor leads to conclude that JL’s body is not within the area searched:

I.e.: body not found, therefore body not there.

To say: JL’s body is in fact in the area of the car crash” you need additional assumptions - such as:

- all the searches were inadequate to find JL;

- that due to fatal closed head injury, JL dug himself a grave, somehow concealed it well, got himself in and expired;

- that due to bad weed, JL ran far away;

- that due to hypothermia, JL hid himself and died;

- that JL fell into an oil well or other hard to see location;

You can take your pick of these assumption. Maybe so.

But you cannot use Occam’s razor to support such theorization because the razor insists on the fewest assumptions.

I.e. body searched for, not found, ergo not there.

This post examines the application of Occam’s Razor to the mysterious disappearance of Jason Landry.

Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy which holds that if an event has two possible explanations, the explanation that requires the fewest assumptions is usually correct.

Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely your is conclusion.

Known facts:

2. Trained search-and-rescue teams, including dogs, repeatedly searched the area surrounding the crash site.

4. These repeated search and rescue efforts did not find JL’s body nor any portion of it.

If we apply to these facts Occams rule that the explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is usually correct, then Occam’s razor leads to conclude that JL’s body is not within the area searched:

To say: JL’s body is in fact in the area of the car crash” you need additional assumptions - such as:

- that due to fatal closed head injury, JL dug himself a grave, somehow concealed it well, got himself in and expired;

But you cannot use Occam’s razor to support such theorization because the razor insists on the fewest assumptions.

Apologies ahead of time if I'm misunderstanding what you're suggesting, however: It's a little ironic to me that you're using Occam's Razor to suggest that an unknown person or persons possibly interacted with Jason beginning at some unknown time for an unknown reason and with an unknown intent to perhaps either cause or to stage his crash and ultimately and for unknown reasons decide to leave not only Jason's possessions but also his clothing behind while they mysteriously removed him/his naked body from the scene so they could take him it with them to some other unknown place. And did so while leaving no evidence of their presence at the crash scene or would have in any way led LE, family, or friends to believe that Jason had had prior contact with anyone like that.

It seems much more straightforward - to *me* anyway - to think that Search & Rescue missed his body.

Known facts:

Something happened to him, so we have to assume something.

The simplest assumption is that he was missed in the search, as has happened countless times, or that he’s just outside the search area, as has also happened countless times.

Something happened to him, so we have to assume something.

The simplest assumption is that he was missed in the search, as has happened countless times, or that he’s just outside the search area, as has also happened countless times.

Exactly what my post was going to say, till I saw you posted it. Ever since I heard the saying about the most likely conclusion is more often the simplest, it’s rang true many, many times over. I do have faith in LE and SAR but how many cases here alone have we read that later, after the searches bodies have been found hanging in TREES. Even in some cases where suicide was a possibility. We are creatures of habit. Searches primary focus is in front of them - ground level. Then work out, and everywhere I guess. If he experienced any version of undressing (hypothermic/bad drug reaction/head injury), they are not of sound mind, even if it was 500 ft from the car, he too could have climbed into a culvert and passed away after.

I wonder if searches are ever held at the same timing the individual is believed to have went missing. I guess if it was the middle of the night that could be a risky situation for the searchers. I ask because as I was saying that they weren’t of sound mind in such an episode - the daylight/darkness can make things look much different/appealing then in the opposite.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member