TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Project Absentia allegedly uncovered circumstantial evidence, then surely others would likewise discover same and we'd have heard about it, no?

Circumstantial
Yeah and you would think maybe their evidence might be enough to get a warrant? I would really really like to know what they found!

UPDATE on the Jason Landry Case: Is Evidence Being Withheld?

Recently, a private investigation group called Project Absentia out of San Antonio said they "uncovered circumstantial evidence that Jason was not alone at the time of his disappearance. The PI team strongly believes that a geofence warrant will enable them to locate a suspect or suspects as well as additional witnesses."
I think the headline is misleading as well as statements that maybe two or three parties present. From the link, the youtube below explains that the DA cannot submit a SW without evidence of a crime, and here, the PI wants to use the geofence to possibly find evidence of a crime. It does not work that way!

Now the PI hopes in 30 days he'll have more information from interviews. Let's hope it leads to credible evidence of a crime, and that the warrant can be signed!

11/12/21 - Investigators offer conflicting theories on missing student | NewsNation Prime

If Project Absentia allegedly uncovered circumstantial evidence, then surely others would likewise discover same and we'd have heard about it, no?

Circumstantial
Do others have a confidential tip line? I would expect Project Absentis to have tips, leads, and more and I would expect that if they have them, then nobody would be leaking them and we wouldn't hear about them. :) Most importantly they have the MOTIVATION to find the circumstantial evidence. I think we are kidding ourselves if we think a small town LE department has the time, experience, motivation, or budget to even want to investigate this case further. They have been convinced of no criminal activity since the beginning.

I don’t think search warrants are issued by petition results, even if there are a million signatures.
True. But its an attempt at something. Whatever the outcome, but yes. If someone came across him where he was walking only then, and that's still possible that happened.

Oh, apologies are not needed. We're all different. I wish he'd stayed in his car.

I can imagine someone may be too frightened to take a step forward. But, with it being Christmastime, knowing his family was expecting him; it just makes most sense to me that he would have been able to ignore some harsh circumstances in order to survive unless a head injury occurred during the accident. During hypothermia, doesn't the brain trigger the release of particular chemicals to make the person feel a sense of euphoria? IOW, there'd be no pain felt.

It is so perplexing to me that his clothing and other items were dropped in the middle of the road as if they were complicating his mission. The temperature did not present to be so cold as to cause immediate hypothermia once he got out of his car. Even if his body rapidly presented with hypothermia, paradoxical undressing is not an early stage; it is right before death that it usually occurs.

Get Naked and Dig: The Bizarre Effects of Hypothermia
A lot of bizarre aspects to Jason's case. That's right it wasn't that cold that night but maybe in his weakened state his body started shutting down. I'm only speculating. So his death was sooner than later. I'm only saying that yes the person can be in a euphoric state and feel little pain but if physically the body is shutting down then damage is happening already. That's where I'm looking at it from. Even if it was slower then the circumstances haven't changed in Jason's situation. The residential area was somewhat far from the accident scene as he was supposedly heading in that direction. But obviously in his state he could've changed directions to an area where he would pass away however that sadly happened.

It is so perplexing to me that his clothing and other items were dropped in the middle of the road as if they were complicating his mission. The temperature did not present to be so cold as to cause immediate hypothermia once he got out of his car. Even if his body rapidly presented with hypothermia, paradoxical undressing is not an early stage; it is right before death that it usually occurs.

A lot of bizarre aspects to Jason's case. That's right it wasn't that cold that night but maybe in his weakened state his body started shutting down.

Actually, I recall Jason's mother stating the temps were cold the evening he crashed/disappeared and reports indicate the temps did drop to the mid 30's F.

His mother said she’s worried about her son because temperatures are getting so cold at night right now in the region.

12/15/2020 Texas State University Student Jason Landry Missing after Car Crash Near Campus

Luling, TX Weather Conditions | Weather Underground

Actually, I recall Jason's mother stating the temps were cold the evening he crashed/disappeared and reports indicate the temps did drop to the mid 30's F.

His mother said she’s worried about her son because temperatures are getting so cold at night right now in the region.

12/15/2020 Texas State University Student Jason Landry Missing after Car Crash Near Campus

Luling, TX Weather Conditions | Weather Underground

Indeed, it was in the immediate aftermath of the freeze and power going out in Texas.

Head injuries make people do crazy things. A thread or so back I equated head injury behavior to being really drunk. If you've ever been saddled with the drunk girl who gets hot and starts removing clothes before going out in the snow to "cool off", you know what I'm talking about.

A Judge must be presented with a Probable Cause Warrant to sign that shows him there is some or enough evidence to search a certain piece of property and perhaps a probable cause arrest warrant for someone; hold them for up to 72 hours until or whether or not, they are bound, as a person(s), over for trial; install wire taps, etal.

However, we, as the people, in the concerned community, are interested in seeing Justice for JasonLandry, by allowing investigating any cell #s in the area at that time. Hence, by signing petition, beseeching those with proper judicial power to find Justice in this geofence w maneuver.

We want Jason Landry and his family to be awarded approval of the geofence warrant just and only as far as to help find out and discover if JL was reaching out to others, or not, during the time of his death.

I believe the Great State of TX should allow this unique circumstance, in search for anyone who may have communicated with #JasonLandry. LEO needs to know if he was communicating with someone else just before or along the trail to where his vehicle hit the tree.

When SnapChat began, Waze went into a holding pattern just around the location of the intersection. We can call this change in law The Jason Landry Law.

A man in a truck passed by the area of the wreck, not long before it was reported that Jason's car had hit the tree, yet the car was not in the tree for him to see.

Several minutes later, another guy on his way into work, saw JLs car. It was still very dark, before sunset. He did not see Jason, according to what we've been told.

911 was called. A tow truck was requested. The weather temperature for Dec 14 was 61* high w/ 34* lows. I guess it was 36 degrees+- when Jason crashes.

Registration docs led them to call Mr.Landry who drove from his home, as quickly as humanly possible, to the site where the car had been towed and to the crash site. Oddly enough, he saw JLs personal belongings strewn down the center of Salt Flat Road. Mr. Landry wanted his son who was not there for him.

One reason I lean toward impairment is by him leaving his phone in the car. He appeared to be tethered to it by taking selfies before departure and using waze app to the intersection in Luling. Accessing ShapChat. By impairment, it is my thought he suffered a head injury from the crash. Unless we get the geofence wrt, we may never know who the last person to see him was.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 11.48.06 PM.png Screenshot 2021-12-04 12.04.59 AM.png
Source: Maps

9:14 AM CST December 1, 2020
Houston temps dropped below freezing overnight |
Here's your photos from this year's first frost

From Texas City to Montgomery, the entire region was blanketed in frost as an intense cold front swept through the area overnight.
It hasn't been this cold since late February, and it's the first time we've hit below freezing temperatures in 2020.

Photo of maps to show how far JL drove from college to Luling and similar geographical location for weather; thusly, it's the first frost in 2020. Just guesstimating the low wld be 36*. That is nearly freezing so how long would it take his core temp to decrease to dangerous numbers? He was nekked.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-temps-drop-below-freezing-overnight-viewer-photos/285-dd0d9a6c-b9ed-4b0c-8e36-f4502bb46d7c

1 year after disappearance, phone data, privacy concerns at center of Jason Landry case | KXAN Austin

12/13/21

A petition circulating online advocates for the use of a geofence warrant in Landry’s missing persons case. Geofencing, or geographical fencing, is a data tool that can be employed by law enforcement to help narrow in on potential witnesses in the vicinity of a crime by tapping into cellular data found in a set area around a crime scene.

Geofencing, however, requires a warrant in order to authorize its use, said Jeff Ferry, a captain specializing in criminal investigations at the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office. The request for a warrant requires evidence related to the probable cause that a crime occurred.

At issue: Under Caldwell County officials’ current investigation, Ferry said the department has not received substantial evidence to suggest foul play occurred. But some other investigators looking into the case said they have received tips and interviewed subjects that might dispute that.

[..]

But he [PI Pena] did note the privacy concerns affiliated with the practice. Under the Fourth Amendment, citizens are protected from unlawful searches and seizures of their private property, information or other materials.

[..]

Peña said law enforcement have conducted six searches of the area where Landry’s car was found, and neither human remains nor further evidence has been uncovered that could paint a clearer picture on potential causes that led to his disappearance.

[..]

[Caldwell County Captain] Ferry said that, as of now, the department has not received any evidence suggesting to the presence of another person with Landry at the time of his disappearance, or the potential of any crime having been committed against him.

[..]

With privacy concerns surrounding data access and potential affiliations of people in the vicinity with this crime, he said the only signature necessary to grant a geofencing warrant isn’t from a petition, but a judge signing off on its clearance.

For Ferry, he said this has been one of the most frustrating cases he and his team have worked on.

“We have been putting a lot of resources into it. We have been putting our time and man-hours into this. And we’ve met with people around the country, really, that have been invested in getting answers and getting the truth,” he said. “I am confident that in time, we’ll have that answer. It won’t be a timeline that any of us like, but I am absolutely confident that we will get answers.”

1 year after disappearance, phone data, privacy concerns at center of Jason Landry case | KXAN Austin

12/13/21

A petition circulating online advocates for the use of a geofence warrant in Landry’s missing persons case. Geofencing, or geographical fencing, is a data tool that can be employed by law enforcement to help narrow in on potential witnesses in the vicinity of a crime by tapping into cellular data found in a set area around a crime scene.

Geofencing, however, requires a warrant in order to authorize its use, said Jeff Ferry, a captain specializing in criminal investigations at the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office. The request for a warrant requires evidence related to the probable cause that a crime occurred.

At issue: Under Caldwell County officials’ current investigation, Ferry said the department has not received substantial evidence to suggest foul play occurred. But some other investigators looking into the case said they have received tips and interviewed subjects that might dispute that.

[..]

But he [PI Pena] did note the privacy concerns affiliated with the practice. Under the Fourth Amendment, citizens are protected from unlawful searches and seizures of their private property, information or other materials.

[..]

Peña said law enforcement have conducted six searches of the area where Landry’s car was found, and neither human remains nor further evidence has been uncovered that could paint a clearer picture on potential causes that led to his disappearance.

[..]

[Caldwell County Captain] Ferry said that, as of now, the department has not received any evidence suggesting to the presence of another person with Landry at the time of his disappearance, or the potential of any crime having been committed against him.

[..]

With privacy concerns surrounding data access and potential affiliations of people in the vicinity with this crime, he said the only signature necessary to grant a geofencing warrant isn’t from a petition, but a judge signing off on its clearance.

For Ferry, he said this has been one of the most frustrating cases he and his team have worked on.

“We have been putting a lot of resources into it. We have been putting our time and man-hours into this. And we’ve met with people around the country, really, that have been invested in getting answers and getting the truth,” he said. “I am confident that in time, we’ll have that answer. It won’t be a timeline that any of us like, but I am absolutely confident that we will get answers.”
Very frustrating so little answers.

‘Been a tough search’: Monday marked one year since Texas State student Jason Landry went missing

additional link

Monday marked one year since a Texas State University student went missing.

There are no indications of foul play and no evidence to support that Landry was the victim of a crime, Ferry said.

“It is an active missing person case and so we are working it as a missing person case,” Ferry said.

….

Texas Search and Rescue helped in the search. Shawn Hohnstreiter, director of field operations, said the last large-scale search took place in October.

“It’s not a populated area whatsoever,” Hohnstreiter said. “There’s very few residences, homes or businesses in the area whatsoever, more rural oil country there, so it’s been a tough search.”

The search and rescue group is now wrapping up analyzing some of the digital images they got during the last search, Hohnstreiter said.

One Year Later: Family of Jason Landry still searching for answers following disappearance

•additional link

Pastor Kent Landry, Jason’s father, sat down with KPRC’s Zach Lashway to talk about life one year later.

“It was the night of December 13th that he left. He was in Luling at 11:30 p.m. and his car was found 12:30 a.m. on the 14th,” explained Landry.

Jason’s car was found totaled. The keys were still in the ignition. His cell phone was lodged between the driver’s seat and center console. His wallet was inside the vehicle. His clothes were scattered outside the car. There was no sign of Jason.

“People ask me what I think happened and I don’t have the slightest idea,” said Landry.

“And we know that if Jason has passed and almost certainly, he has, just given the circumstances. Jason is not the type to run away or anything like that, so we would think something happened. He is not the type to stay away from family, that’s just not who he is,” Landry said. “We know he is in heaven, and I will see him again, we will all see him again. If we didn’t have that, how would we exist, get out of bed? It’s hard enough as it is having that confidence makes all the difference.”

The last significant search was completed in late October.

One year gone: A timeline leading up to the anniversary of the disappearance of Jason Landry

It has been exactly a year since Texas State University student Jason Landry went missing.

Search parties have covered tens of thousands of acres near where his car was found in Luling ever since, to no avail. After more than 1,336 miles covered and 2,600 hours spent on the case, the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office and Texas Search and Rescue said they still had no concrete answers.

A timeline of events leading up to today:
(a pretty detailed timeline can be found at the link above)

One year gone: A timeline leading up to the anniversary of the disappearance of Jason Landry

I wanted to note from the linked article:

Kent spoke with podcast host Tyler Feller to give an update on the case nearly a year later. In addition to sharing his heartache over fear of his youngest son’s safety, Kent shared a few new details.

According to Kent, only one photo was taken of the wrecked car that evening and it was found on Landry’s phone.

I'm having a hard time with this since I understood that it was believed his phone was lost until Kent found it wedged between the seat and console. It doesn't follow that Jason would get out of the vehicle, take a photo of his wreckage, wedge the phone in the car, while taking all other items with him??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWI