TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
doubtful… ever walk on untamed Texas earth? One word: goat heads. Ouch.

No, never in Texas

I have walked on Arizona earth barefoot and stepped on goat's head thorns

Agree they produce an "ouch" (and sometimes cussing), when stepped on, and it's necessary to bend over or sit down to remove them before continuing on

Edited re: spelling

Last edited:
Is it really a stretch tho? If he picked someone up, it would explain the odd diversion from his course (to drop them off) and a potential crime (if that person then robbed him etc). Remember, he had a gaming console and other stuff in his car. I don't think a geofence request is outrageous - if this had happened in Europe, it would have been done in the first week.

Is it really a stretch tho? If he picked someone up, it would explain the odd diversion from his course (to drop them off) and a potential crime (if that person then robbed him etc). Remember, he had a gaming console and other stuff in his car. I don't think a geofence request is outrageous - if this had happened in Europe, it would have been done in the first week.
That's one theory but what about his dashcam footage. I hope he had a dashcam. Police would've looked although as Jason's dad said the initial response was very limited on the part of LE. If Jason didn't have dashcam footage than that's no help. I like it that in some jurisdictions such as Europe in unusual circumstances like the fact that Jason's clothes are strewn on the road they would request a geofence.

(bolded by me)
Re: bare feet

This is one example that people can walk barefoot furthur than we would think:

"A woman walked barefoot and soaking wet for 4 1/2 miles on a hiking trail to get enough cell service to call 911 for help after her boyfriend disappeared into a creek in the Oregon Coast range."

Woman hiked miles barefoot and wet to call 911 for help after boyfriend fell in creek
Woman hiked miles barefoot and wet to call 911 for help after boyfriend fell in creek
I don't disagree with you but infection setting in is another story. Physically if an infection is there its damaging the feet. In the example of the woman you pointed out infection may not have set in. I'm talking cuts abrasions infection.

That's one theory but what about his dashcam footage. I hope he had a dashcam. Police would've looked although as Jason's dad said the initial response was very limited on the part of LE. If Jason didn't have dashcam footage than that's no help. I like it that in some jurisdictions such as Europe in unusual circumstances like the fact that Jason's clothes are strewn on the road they would request a geofence.
Dashcams aren't that common.
From the pictures of the car at the accident site and tow yard, there was no indication of a camera on the windshield.

Did they ever dig into his phone to determine who he was actually communicating with last? Surely they could add more information to the story. I don't ever recall any friends speaking out on being the one to snap chat with him, have plans to hang out, etc. Not even to just say "Hey we want our friend found". The silence by everyone but his father is what makes me believe someone else was involved. Otherwise, why wouldn't his friend(s) come forward with any info that could help their friend be found? MOO but at this point I am thinking either he really is close to the accident scene but hasn't been found or he hasn't been found because someone doesn't want him found. Again, MOO.

Given how quickly people are judged and assumed guilty, I'd be leery of speaking publicly even if my best friend was missing.
We don't know if friends are cooperating with the investigation and just not speaking to the press.

Do people think JL crashed, had a slow- acting fatal injury, such that JL took his belongings from the car walked a few hundred yards down the road toward Luling, took off his clothes, threw them on the highway, took off his shoes, walked barefoot into the night forest, dug a hole with his bare hands, got in, covered himself up and then died from car crash head injury?

Do people think JL crashed, had a slow- acting fatal injury, such that JL took his belongings from the car walked a few hundred yards down the road toward Luling, took off his clothes, threw them on the highway, took off his shoes, walked barefoot into the night forest, dug a hole with his bare hands, got in, covered himself up and then died from car crash head injury?
This person never has and never will.

Dashcams aren't that common.
From the pictures of the car at the accident site and tow yard, there was no indication of a camera on the windshield.
In the area I live everyone has dashcams. They are quite popular. I like the novelty factor. Most of the world likes them probably because corruption happens, (in my area its just the next guy has it so I'll get it.)

(bolded by me)
Re: bare feet

This is one example that people can walk barefoot furthur than we would think:

"A woman walked barefoot and soaking wet for 4 1/2 miles on a hiking trail to get enough cell service to call 911 for help after her boyfriend disappeared into a creek in the Oregon Coast range."

Another thing is that she was walking on a maintained trail and Jason was walking through rough long grass with who knows what in the ground plus a rough potholed road so that makes me assume his condition as opposed to hers plus she was not in shock ,didn't have a possible head injury wasn't fully exposed to the elements. Jason on the other hand had all of the above so he was in a weakened state. So considering all these things as others have said they assume he sustained a head injury so IMO he couldn't have gotten far. I assume you are thinking that he did get far. For the sake of getting a clear understanding of what may have happened its a good idea to consider all aspects and not dismiss so quickly. Its not argument its just trying to understand. Its very simple to say ok Jason died by hypothermia but what brought him to that point. There's a whole story there. With the woman's example she survived and we know what happened, sadly her boyfriend didn't. But with Jason we simply don't know what happened so its not that easy in my mind to dismiss anything. He's still missing, his poor family.

Last edited:
I have to state that the quality of the searches, number and amount of searches, equipment used and time from being missed to being found greatly varies. In my opinion just because there may be several cases in that thread and that it happens does not mean that this case fits that same mold.

We must remember how they searched for Jason. How many times. Draining of ponds, Texas Equusearch, Texsar, drones and around analyzing software, heat seeking helicopters, etc.
we also messed remember the words by Texas Equusearch. They don’t believe he’s out there.

imho- It’s time that CCSO considers foul play.
Hmmm? I wonder what makes Texas Equusearch suspect that? There has to be a reason why they think that. If possible can you post that reason. Thanks.

Another thing is that she was walking on a maintained trail and Jason was walking through rough long grass with who knows what in the ground plus a rough potholed road so that makes me assume his condition as opposed to hers plus she was not in shock ,didn't have a possible head injury wasn't fully exposed to the elements. Jason on the other hand had all of the above so he was in a weakened state. So considering all these things as others have said they assume he sustained a head injury so IMO he couldn't have gotten far. I assume you are thinking that he did get far. For the sake of getting a clear understanding of what may have happened its a good idea to consider all aspects and not dismiss so quickly. Its not argument its just trying to understand. Its very simple to say ok Jason died by hypothermia but what brought him to that point. There's a whole story there. With the woman's example she survived and we know what happened, sadly her boyfriend didn't. But with Jason we simply don't know what happened so its not that easy in my mind to dismiss anything. He's still missing, his poor family.

My statement was simply:
"This is one example that people can walk barefoot furthur than we would think"

I made no assumptions.

On the Jason Landry Twitter feed there’s a link to the most recent interview which Kent Landry has given, which is with a fellow pastor, Tyler Feller. From that it seems that they don’t think Jason stopped anywhere, so Kent doubts that he picked up a hitchhiker. Also, it was a 2003 model of car so didn’t have a black box etc, which could have been helpful, as in the Daniel Robinson case. He thinks the car wasn’t necessarily that badly damaged in the crash, but that the salvage lorry did a lot of damage when the car was towed.

Kent and his PI want a geofence warrant, which LE are still resisting. The lady who posted Kent’s video on the Twitter feed has just started a change.org petition to get the geofence warrant, if you want to sign it and forward it.

Out of any body part, the feet are probably the most robust. They can take a beating, and then some. His feet would be the absolute least of my worries.

I think it’s absolutely possible—this does happen unfortunately. Add in hypothermia as well. But I’m open to other possibilities including foul play. We just don’t know.

It’s interesting that Jason’s dad seems to think the head injury/hypothermia theory is a good possibility but LE has said he most likely walked away from that crash uninjured. I’m thinking LE could be wrong on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWI