TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Landry 13th December 2020 – Daniel Robinson 23 June 2021

However far off the mark I am these two young gentleman are still missing in similar yet different circumstances

Reminding myself

· Crashed Cars LEFT unattended

· Clothes, keys, mobiles left behind

· Neither young man found dead or alive

· To all intents and purposes both walking about possible naked.

· Both known to smoke casually smoke Pot

· Both driving alone

· Both early 20’s

· Personal Opinion Only both LE agencies a bit slow off the mark

What an earth happened to them? Where are they? Even if injured with the onset of Hypothermia or Hyperthermia in shock depending on cold or heat neither would be able to get to far from the impact site of their car and both should have been found. In both cases removing clothes to adjust body temperature is a possibility even in the cold

· One traveling home for Christmas along an unlit gravel type road at night

· The other just left work uncharacteristically and drove in the Desert during daylight

· One car was found not long from impact with its headlights still on by a passer-by on the gravel road.

· The other was found a month later in the Desert by a Rancher and the car was said to be clean and a recent addition to the ravine

Both these cases bother me because

JASON and DANIEL should have been found by now by someone.

SNJ

It’s great to have new members looking at Jason’s case! It’s such a baffling mystery. Why leave his clothes in the road and where is he?

After listening to the Vanished podcast and hearing his dad’s and mom’s thoughts I now think a head injury leading to confusion, and hypothermia is most likely. He could have been smoking weed or not—now I don’t know how relevant it is, except maybe contributing to not turning and going the wrong way. I think he’s out there burrowed in somewhere.

I’m really impressed with his dad. He’s clearly emotional but able to think logically about what could have and probably did happen. He seems to entertain any possible scenario however terrible and just seems very rational. I feel so badly for his parents. I get the feeling he knows it’s difficult being a pastor’s son and he clearly loves him and doesn’t sound judgmental even when disapproving of some of his choices. I just hope he’s found before the year anniversary! :(

IIRC JL's phone slipped when he was on Snapchat. I'm a little focused on this part because it gives an idea in my mind of what happened before the collision. I thinks its important to understand what it may have been like for him before this tragedy happened. I can assume he was probably looking forward to resting afterall it was after 11:00PM. For myself that would be a long day over 12 hours. So I can see a combination of wanting to get rest soon and the phone slipping causing him to be stressed so that he didn't realize how far he had gone SF road.

Along with the combination to want to rest after a 3 hour drive and the time of evening around 11:30 (long day especially if was working earlier in the day) plus his phone slipping, it was a dark road that just kept going on then finally he hits the dirt unpaved part of the road he was probably getting more and more stressed out at his predicament. I know I would if I was in his situation. If I had only driven in Lulling around two times before I might be thinking there could be a turnoff somewhere if I drive a little further and I might not realize how far back that intersection was (where he was suppose to take the turn.) I can also imagine he was surprised to not see any cars on that road. By the time he realized he may have taken a wrong road it was too late and his stress level was probably just getting higher. Maybe he didn't want to stop on this deserted road and look for his phone so that he could figure out where he was. Those may be his few minutes before whatever happened that night.

Along with the combination to want to rest after a 3 hour drive and the time of evening around 11:30 (long day especially if was working earlier in the day) plus his phone slipping, it was a dark road that just kept going on then finally he hits the dirt unpaved part of the road he was probably getting more and more stressed out at his predicament. I know I would if I was in his situation. If I had only driven in Lulling around two times before I might be thinking there could be a turnoff somewhere if I drive a little further and I might not realize how far back that intersection was (where he was suppose to take the turn.) I can also imagine he was surprised to not see any cars on that road. By the time he realized he may have taken a wrong road it was too late and his stress level was probably just getting higher. Maybe he didn't want to stop on this deserted road and look for his phone so that he could figure out where he was. Those may be his few minutes before whatever happened that night.
To be clear, JL had not traveled for 3 hours when he became lost and crashed his car. The drive from San Marcos to Luling is only about 25 miles or 30 minutes.

To be clear, JL had not traveled for 3 hours when he became lost and crashed his car. The drive from San Marcos to Luling is only about 25 miles or 30 minutes.
Thank you for that I don't know where I saw the 3 hours. Regardless of the length of the drive after a busy day which included my job for a few hours ( I read that he had worked earlier in the day, I could be wrong) and the rest of my day about around that time of night I would want to rest for a while. So I can see how it would just add stress (along with the other elements of his drive before the crash). I know for myself it would. My point here is JL going so far up that road and not turning around earlier so I'm trying to see how that could happen. In my mind what I've written so far makes sense to me.

'ALL YOU CAN DO IS PRAY': Friends, family gather to raise banner seeking help to find Jason Landry

On Friday, a dedicated group of friends and advocates of the Landry family gathered along a roadside in Luling to erect a banner with several images of Jason emblazoned on it asking for the public’s help.
img-9883.jpg

“It's amazing to me so many people have come together to make this happen,” said Lisa Landry, Jason’s mother. “I wasn't a part of it. I mean, they included me, they took care of all of it, and it's a great idea. It's something we're just so grateful for. Maybe something will come of it.”

Private investigator Abel Pena with Project Absentis — a nonprofit — said he and his partner are still interviewing people.

“My partner Stu Gary and I have six people on the team now,” Pena said. “We’ve got an analyst, several other investigators, two civilians … we’re just looking at everything, including witnesses. We've got much more to do, and more people to interview, so it's just, it's an ongoing process.”

In the months following Landry's disappearance, over 2,000 hours have been spent on the case with 1,336 miles of ground covered — approximately 57.2 square miles — fixed and rotor wing assets have been used over 382 square miles, and over 36,000 UAV images have been captured and analyzed.

Recently, CCSO and TEXSAR conducted a oneday search on Oct. 16.

Smaller searches and field verifications have taken place since a large search in February, CCSO said.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact any of the following investigators: Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office 1204 Reed Dr. Lockhart, 78644 Phone: 512-398-6777 Fax: 512-376-4376 — Mike Lane, Sheriff. Detective Ferry with the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office, 512-398-6777 Ext. 4516 or by email: Jeff.Ferry@co.caldwell.tx.us. Investigator Abel Pena by phone: 210-954-1476 or by email: pminvestigations9221@gmail.com.

'ALL YOU CAN DO IS PRAY': Friends, family gather to raise banner seeking help to find Jason Landry

On Friday, a dedicated group of friends and advocates of the Landry family gathered along a roadside in Luling to erect a banner with several images of Jason emblazoned on it asking for the public’s help.
img-9883.jpg

“It's amazing to me so many people have come together to make this happen,” said Lisa Landry, Jason’s mother. “I wasn't a part of it. I mean, they included me, they took care of all of it, and it's a great idea. It's something we're just so grateful for. Maybe something will come of it.”

Private investigator Abel Pena with Project Absentis — a nonprofit — said he and his partner are still interviewing people.

“My partner Stu Gary and I have six people on the team now,” Pena said. “We’ve got an analyst, several other investigators, two civilians … we’re just looking at everything, including witnesses. We've got much more to do, and more people to interview, so it's just, it's an ongoing process.”

In the months following Landry's disappearance, over 2,000 hours have been spent on the case with 1,336 miles of ground covered — approximately 57.2 square miles — fixed and rotor wing assets have been used over 382 square miles, and over 36,000 UAV images have been captured and analyzed.

Recently, CCSO and TEXSAR conducted a oneday search on Oct. 16.

Smaller searches and field verifications have taken place since a large search in February, CCSO said.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact any of the following investigators: Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office 1204 Reed Dr. Lockhart, 78644 Phone: 512-398-6777 Fax: 512-376-4376 — Mike Lane, Sheriff. Detective Ferry with the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office, 512-398-6777 Ext. 4516 or by email: Jeff.Ferry@co.caldwell.tx.us. Investigator Abel Pena by phone: 210-954-1476 or by email: pminvestigations9221@gmail.com.

Interesting... It appears that Tuleta Copeland might no longer be on this case. Her name isn't listed as one of the investigators in this article.

Interesting... It appears that Tuleta Copeland might no longer be on this case. Her name isn't listed as one of the investigators in this article.
T Copeland owns her own firm (Leverage Investigations, LLC) whereas "Project Absentis" cited in the article claims 501(c)(3) status on its FB. As a volunteer contributor, I don't think it is significant here that her name not included in news article.

Jason Landry Missing PROJECT ABSENTIS - 5/11/21

Thank you for that I don't know where I saw the 3 hours. Regardless of the length of the drive after a busy day which included my job for a few hours ( I read that he had worked earlier in the day, I could be wrong) and the rest of my day about around that time of night I would want to rest for a while. So I can see how it would just add stress (along with the other elements of his drive before the crash). I know for myself it would. My point here is JL going so far up that road and not turning around earlier so I'm trying to see how that could happen. In my mind what I've written so far makes sense to me.

Three hours is estimated time it takes to drive from San Marcos, TX to Missouri City, TX (his parents' place).

I wanted to bring up the theory/idea of a third party being involved. First thing to ask: where would this encounter have happened?
- happened on SFR where his clothing/belongings were found. I doubt this. It couldn't be a hit-and-panic/cover up, since that doesn't explain his clothing being there but him missing. There wouldn't be any time for a third party to remove his clothing (plus, his father said that it was a trail of clothing, like he was running/walking away from something), nor would there be any reason to.
- happened away from SFR. I also have a hard time imagining a scenario where something spooked Jason, causing him to undress, and then he got hit by a car, and the driver's first instinct was to take the body and hide it.

Three hours is estimated time it takes to drive from San Marcos, TX to Missouri City, TX (his parents' place).

I wanted to bring up the theory/idea of a third party being involved. First thing to ask: where would this encounter have happened?
- happened on SFR where his clothing/belongings were found. I doubt this. It couldn't be a hit-and-panic/cover up, since that doesn't explain his clothing being there but him missing. There wouldn't be any time for a third party to remove his clothing (plus, his father said that it was a trail of clothing, like he was running/walking away from something), nor would there be any reason to.
- happened away from SFR. I also have a hard time imagining a scenario where something spooked Jason, causing him to undress, and then he got hit by a car, and the driver's first instinct was to take the body and hide it.
Yes, that's probably where I got the three hour mix up (too late at night to on the typing.) Thanks.

I feel for Jason's family. His father would like to have the Geofencing warrant approved. I hope its approved if the PI's uncover something that would be credible. I just don't see how Jason could have made it very far barefoot especially in that tall grass without physically injuring his feet (cuts, abrasions.) I don't know with animals (if Jason passed away nearby in the grass) how long it would take to disjoin a body. If its not that long I can imagine JL's body being taken away by various animals at different times so there may not have been any trace afterwards. But at the same time something would have shown up. Possibly animals burying the remains IDK maybe that's why the remains haven't been located? I'd have to go back and look at when the actual search by LE and SAR began. Could it be possible by the time the search began the animals had relocated Jason's remains?

When Jason took the wrong turn into the neighborhood, could someone have started “following him and chasing him” (no good reason) and that’s why Jason kept driving so far down that road for so long? Was there ever any evidence of another vehicles tracks near the scene to suggest he had been chased?

When Jason took the wrong turn into the neighborhood, could someone have started “following him and chasing him” (no good reason) and that’s why Jason kept driving so far down that road for so long? Was there ever any evidence of another vehicles tracks near the scene to suggest he had been chased?
Again, Jason did not take a "wrong turn". He missed a turn that would have taken him to the interstate. By missing that turn and continuing straight he ended up on the gravel road.

We can imagine a million scenarios to try to understand what happened to Jason, but the biggest question isn’t what happened, it’s where is he?

Jason headed home late at night. His estimated time of arrival was in the early hours. I don’t know if he was particularly keen on night driving, but I personally have never set off for my parent’s home very late at night.

He had some cannabis joints on him, do we know whether he had the cannabis at University, or bought some on the way home? If he bought it en route (and rolled some joints so he could sneak out at home for a crafty smoke) and if you’re talking about a fairly small dealer, maybe a friend of a friend, it’s much easier finding them at night than at 10 am. The late drive home may have been arranged around picking up some weed.

In my experience, a large number of cannabis users, particularly those who are younger, experiment with other drugs. Not all, but lots. I think he took some harder drugs, maybe unwittingly and either at University, or possibly when visiting a dealer on his way home.

When someone buys cannabis and you are vaguely familiar with the dealer, it’s usually seen as polite to roll up a joint to share with those you’re with. It’s possible that a joint he was handed was either laced with another hallucinogenic drug, or a very potent cannabis, such as skunk. The people he was with may have thought it amusing not to tell him, or he said he liked skunk, but was nonetheless surprised by its potency.

So he feels a bit odd, so goes via the back roads because he thinks he’s less likely to be spotted by the police. He could be feeling very woozy and tired, even hallucinating, so lost concentration which resulted in the accident.

Realising he would be in massive trouble if caught driving under the influence of illegal drugs, potentially resulting in him being expelled, he decides to leave the scene, intending to return when he’s sobered up. He doesn’t intend to go very far, just far enough to be able to give LE the slip if they discovered the crashed car.

Alternatively, he was injured in the crash, wandered off to find help and succumbed to the cold temperatures. Either way, the area over a very large distance apparently has been checked throughly by various people and organisations.

The placement of the clothes is undoubtedly the strangest thing for me. As no ‘normal’ explanations have solved this mystery, maybe it is something really, really weird. Possibly drug related, possibly head injury related or something so bizarre, none of us have thought of it yet.

But where on earth is he?

I feel for Jason's family. His father would like to have the Geofencing warrant approved. I hope its approved if the PI's uncover something that would be credible. I just don't see how Jason could have made it very far barefoot especially in that tall grass without physically injuring his feet (cuts, abrasions.) I don't know with animals (if Jason passed away nearby in the grass) how long it would take to disjoin a body. If its not that long I can imagine JL's body being taken away by various animals at different times so there may not have been any trace afterwards. But at the same time something would have shown up. Possibly animals burying the remains IDK maybe that's why the remains haven't been located? I'd have to go back and look at when the actual search by LE and SAR began. Could it be possible by the time the search began the animals had relocated Jason's remains?
Sadly, we learned about the wild hogs very early in the investigation.

Wild hogs are “opportunistic omnivores,” meaning they’ll eat most anything.

A Plague of Pigs in Texas | Science | Smithsonian Magazine

We can imagine a million scenarios to try to understand what happened to Jason, but the biggest question isn’t what happened, it’s where is he?

Jason headed home late at night. His estimated time of arrival was in the early hours. I don’t know if he was particularly keen on night driving, but I personally have never set off for my parent’s home very late at night.

He had some cannabis joints on him, do we know whether he had the cannabis at University, or bought some on the way home? If he bought it en route (and rolled some joints so he could sneak out at home for a crafty smoke) and if you’re talking about a fairly small dealer, maybe a friend of a friend, it’s much easier finding them at night than at 10 am. The late drive home may have been arranged around picking up some weed.

In my experience, a large number of cannabis users, particularly those who are younger, experiment with other drugs. Not all, but lots. I think he took some harder drugs, maybe unwittingly and either at University, or possibly when visiting a dealer on his way home.

When someone buys cannabis and you are vaguely familiar with the dealer, it’s usually seen as polite to roll up a joint to share with those you’re with. It’s possible that a joint he was handed was either laced with another hallucinogenic drug, or a very potent cannabis, such as skunk. The people he was with may have thought it amusing not to tell him, or he said he liked skunk, but was nonetheless surprised by its potency.

So he feels a bit odd, so goes via the back roads because he thinks he’s less likely to be spotted by the police. He could be feeling very woozy and tired, even hallucinating, so lost concentration which resulted in the accident.

Realising he would be in massive trouble if caught driving under the influence of illegal drugs, potentially resulting in him being expelled, he decides to leave the scene, intending to return when he’s sobered up. He doesn’t intend to go very far, just far enough to be able to give LE the slip if they discovered the crashed car.

Alternatively, he was injured in the crash, wandered off to find help and succumbed to the cold temperatures. Either way, the area over a very large distance apparently has been checked throughly by various people and organisations.

The placement of the clothes is undoubtedly the strangest thing for me. As no ‘normal’ explanations have solved this mystery, maybe it is something really, really weird. Possibly drug related, possibly head injury related or something so bizarre, none of us have thought of it yet.

But where on earth is he?
^^bbm
In my experience, human or beast, the wounded always seek water. I also believe this is why the nearby lake was drained/searched, twice. MOO

Would they eat an entire person and quickly too? The search for Jason commenced quickly. Wouldn’t there be blood left behind? Some sort of mess?
Sorry post was unclear. I don't think JL was consumed within hours of crashing his vehicle. I think he probably curled up someplace and was not visible to searchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt