TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Within the past several weeks Brandon Lawson was found, near his truck / where he had disappeared, and after years of searching.

I truly hope we don’t have to wait as long for Jason to be found.
My heart goes out to Jason’s family. I can’t imagine what they have endured over this past year. It was heartbreaking to watch the videos that Jason’s dad took of Jason’s clothes and sandals scattered in the road. I admire and respect the family’s faith and strength in the midst of these circumstances. I really hope that Peña can shed new light on this case and give the family the closure they so deserve.

I was reading some older threads this morning and there was mention of Jason's watch. Was there ever any mention of the type of watch that he wore? If he wore a Apple watch or other type of smartwatch could any data be pulled from it that may be of use for further investigation? This is really a far out thought, but if he wore a watch with hands, could any sort of impact from the crash or it being dropped cause it to stop? Possibly giving more insight into that 60 some odd minutes from the time he quit using Waze until VFF found the car and called the sheriff?

Yesterday, 23 Feb 2022, our temps dropped to 39 degrees in the afternoon with a 12 mph wind. If Jason were impaired from the accident or by any other means, were nude he would burrow instinctively, you just want to get away from it.
Imagine being on a road that you did not anticipate, in total darkness except your vehicles headlamps, possibly with a head wound, and cut off from human contact. Every moment of our lives we are pinging off sight, sound, feeling, position. He had come from the intensity of a conversation with his friend knowing exactly where he was and his place in that where he was to the bleakness of that road. Also the smell of a productive oil field is smothering, abnormal, and threatening. I really can't convey the "other worldness" of his location.
IMO Jason was somehow impaired and cold and was "dumped" into this silent, black place with no fix points. If that is correct, in time his remains will be found where he went for shelter.

I don't dispute the video showing the trooper carrying the backpack. It just contradicted the information on the timeline when KL arrived on the scene at 6 am. JL's dad found his belongings strewn on the road and the backpack was mentioned at the same time. My information was inaccurate based on the dashboard cam.

I believe the "cup" had his fish in it.

Yesterday, 23 Feb 2022, our temps dropped to 39 degrees in the afternoon with a 12 mph wind. If Jason were impaired from the accident or by any other means, were nude he would burrow instinctively, you just want to get away from it.
Imagine being on a road that you did not anticipate, in total darkness except your vehicles headlamps, possibly with a head wound, and cut off from human contact. Every moment of our lives we are pinging off sight, sound, feeling, position. He had come from the intensity of a conversation with his friend knowing exactly where he was and his place in that where he was to the bleakness of that road. Also the smell of a productive oil field is smothering, abnormal, and threatening. I really can't convey the "other worldness" of his location.
IMO Jason was somehow impaired and cold and was "dumped" into this silent, black place with no fix points. If that is correct, in time his remains will be found where he went for shelter.
In your opinion do you think it would be closeby or farther away. No debate just wondering. Because I suggested that he may be burrowed but I said closer than farther. Those barbed wire fences on both sides go all the way up to the residential area further up on SFR.

In your opinion do you think it would be closeby or farther away. No debate just wondering. Because I suggested that he may be burrowed but I said closer than farther. Those barbed wire fences on both sides go all the way up to the residential area further up on SFR.
I don't know, I'm seeing him further away as if he were walking toward Luling. Then into whatever brush/grass would offer shelter. I'm like you, no debate, just brainstorming. I have to remind myself it was pitch black (I'm assuming there was no moon). He could have just stumbled into cover.
Are there culverts along that road? I could drive down there but its going to have to get warmer. Thanks for the reply.

I don't know, I'm seeing him further away as if he were walking toward Luling. Then into whatever brush/grass would offer shelter. I'm like you, no debate, just brainstorming. I have to remind myself it was pitch black (I'm assuming there was no moon). He could have just stumbled into cover.
Are there culverts along that road? I could drive down there but its going to have to get warmer. Thanks for the reply.

Given where his clothing found, it's believed JL was walking towards Luling. There are culverts, ditches -- typical of what you'd see on a rural road with a few intersecting crossroads. There's also an old cemetery on SFR-- about midway from the crash to the intersection he proceeded through (leading to SFR). Since JL was naked, I also think he'd more easily blend in with the winter terrain. MOO

I believe the "cup" had his fish in it.
I listened to the dispatch phone calls from the Caldwell county sheriff's office and I think this is the VFF seeing if he can find JL on SFR and he is talking about finding the backpack and clothes and he also mentions a cup that smells like alcohol. Could he have possibly put the beta fish in that cup?

This link has some really insightful information. There's two different dispatch audio call links, the Face Time that JL did with the friend shortly before he left, Trooper Flores dashcam video that also includes his calls to JL's parents, videos of searches done in the area, cell phone videos from JL's dad and even the missing person's report from Caldwell County Sheriff's office. This has been a wealth of information.

New details released in search for missing Texas State student

I listened to the dispatch phone calls from the Caldwell county sheriff's office and I think this is the VFF seeing if he can find JL on SFR and he is talking about finding the backpack and clothes and he also mentions a cup that smells like alcohol. Could he have possibly put the beta fish in that cup?

This link has some really insightful information. There's two different dispatch audio call links, the Face Time that JL did with the friend shortly before he left, Trooper Flores dashcam video that also includes his calls to JL's parents, videos of searches done in the area, cell phone videos from JL's dad and even the missing person's report from Caldwell County Sheriff's office. This has been a wealth of information.

New details released in search for missing Texas State student
JMO on what the VFF said about the cup smelling like alcohol... When I heard that my first thought was he ASSUMED there'd be alcohol in the cup (the reason for the crash and disrobement) so he thought that's what he smelled. Also MOO but I think he was VERY wrong with his assumption. Had it been sunny out, and he SAW the fish in it, I'd bet everything I own that he would not have come up with the same assumption if he took a sniff. He also seems a tad immature to me. He was laughing about something (I don't recall what, but might have been that the driver was nude). MOO I kinda feel like his immaturity made him assume the water of a pet fish smelled like booze.

I was going by what his dad said about the fish being in some kind of drinking container cup/travel drink cup which the tow truck driver ran over. There certainly could have been several drinking containers in his vehicle. Thanks.

JMO on what the VFF said about the cup smelling like alcohol... When I heard that my first thought was he ASSUMED there'd be alcohol in the cup (the reason for the crash and disrobement) so he thought that's what he smelled. Also MOO but I think he was VERY wrong with his assumption. Had it been sunny out, and he SAW the fish in it, I'd bet everything I own that he would not have come up with the same assumption if he took a sniff. He also seems a tad immature to me. He was laughing about something (I don't recall what, but might have been that the driver was nude). MOO I kinda feel like his immaturity made him assume the water of a pet fish smelled like booze.
I recall one of the dispatch audios I listened to that someone on there was saying “naked dude”. Never heard LEA refer to someone as “dude”

JMO on what the VFF said about the cup smelling like alcohol... When I heard that my first thought was he ASSUMED there'd be alcohol in the cup (the reason for the crash and disrobement) so he thought that's what he smelled. Also MOO but I think he was VERY wrong with his assumption. Had it been sunny out, and he SAW the fish in it, I'd bet everything I own that he would not have come up with the same assumption if he took a sniff. He also seems a tad immature to me. He was laughing about something (I don't recall what, but mAgreeight have been that the driver was nude). MOO I kinda feel like his immaturity made him assume the water of a pet fish smelled like booze.
Agree with all. His demeanor made me write off his report.

Given where his clothing found, it's believed JL was walking towards Luling. There are culverts, ditches -- typical of what you'd see on a rural road with a few intersecting crossroads. There's also an old cemetery on SFR-- about midway from the crash to the intersection he proceeded through (leading to SFR). Since JL was naked, I also think he'd more easily blend in with the winter terrain. MOO
What does "SFR" mean, please?

I could be wrong but I would think those would've been checked after the first serious detailed searches which started I believe two days later (although it could be earlier I don't remember off hand right now.) But yes he would've blended in.

Looks like it's the
Luling Catholic Cemetery
LOCATION Luling, Caldwell County, Texas, USA
Got it from here: Luling Catholic Cemetery in Luling, Texas - Find a Grave Cemetery
That might also be called St John's Catholic Cemetery. My research led me to the same place.

Others may be Cemetero de la Colonia Mexicana, Clarissa West Gravesite, and Hinds Cemetery. All are listed on the Cemetery List for Caldwell Country linked below. There are 4 instances for "Salt Flat" in this file. I'll let you take the research from here. :)

https://www.co.caldwell.tx.us/upload/page/4091/docs/Caldwell County Cemeteries.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy