TX TX - Jason Landry Missing After Car Found Crashed Near Luling, Dec 2020 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is dedicated to discussing Jason's case. Posts about the Nathan Heathco case and others have been removed as off topic. Please stay on topic by discussing Jason's case only.

Websleuths is fact based, meaning social media rumors and hearsay are not allowed. If you can't provide MSM or LE links to what you state as fact, Websleuths classifies it as rumor and your post will be removed.

If you have inside information on this case, you must be Verified in order to post without providing links to what you state as fact. If you are not a Verified Insider, you must provide links to what you state as fact, otherwise your post will be removed.

For information on Websleuths verification process, please click here.

Also, do not discuss removed posts or moderation on the thread or you may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

New members need to review The Rules they agreed to upon joining Websleuths.

Thank you.

This is interesting. Not how I pictured it. The houses don’t seem to be that far away from the accident. Two things stood out to me:

1. He had to pass through two stop signs between the traffic light intersection and the crash site.

2. The actual crash site is in the middle of a stretch of non-winding road.

This is one of those exceptions. As this video was already being discussed, we are going to allow it to give members an idea of the area and the route that Jason would have taken. A member has vouched that this individual who produced it is local, and it's not as if investigative facts of the case are being misconstrued.

If the dispatch call referred to and being discussed is sourced in the scanner thread it is not allowed.

If it is sourced in approved MSM it can be linked and discussed.

Documentary never seen again
Jason landry
I’ve spent a lot of time researching this case, and I thought this was a good overview. I always feel so bad for his parents - such a loving family. Happy birthday Jason.

Wondering if it could be a human trafficking case?
Not likely IMO but that has been discussed upthread.

He went missing in a very rural area that is VERY dark at night with lots of ground cover making a naked body hard to find in every season. And now the search is for bones, sadly.

Searchers on horse & foot have tried. Oil field workers have now performed maintenance all the tanks out there.

If this was more than misadventure I think we would have some more solid clues by now.

I personally just don't see that location on that cold, dark night with the mangled car being where it was & damaged by impact with a tree as anything but an accident followed by him wandering off into an unforgiving landscape.

YMMV
JMO

This is the most recent information on Jason Landry that I can find.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A person found unconscious Friday in the Bronx is not Jason Landry, according to New York Police.

Landry is a Texas State University student who went missing in Caldwell County in December 2020.

NYPD posted about the unconscious person on Twitteron Tuesday night, saying they were found July 22 just after 6:30 a.m. near University and Reservoir Avenues in the Bronx, located near Jerome Park Reservoir.
NYPD reported the person was found unconscious and unresponsive “in the streets with no apparent injuries.” They didn’t have an ID.

In an update Wednesday afternoon, NYPD confirmed the unidentified man is from Yonkers, and his family has been notified.
Earlier on Wednesday before the person was identified, Landry’s family posted on Facebook, saying detectives with the Texas Attorney General’s Office were in contact with the New York Police Department and “necessary id information” for Landry was sent to New York.

“Thank you to everyone who have contacted us to let us know about this young man,” the family’s post read. “Please be in prayer for whoever this young man is and his family. We pray that he’ll be identified, recover and be able to rejoin his family.”
Landry disappeared on Dec. 13, 2020. He was driving home to Missouri City, Texas, from San Marcos, Texas, for Christmas break when law enforcement said they found his car totaled on Salt Flat Road near Luling, Texas.

Timeline of Jason Landry’s disappearance
Personal belongings, including his wallet and phone, were found at the crash site, but Landry was nowhere to be found. He was 21 years old at the time of his disappearance.

In the year and a half since Landry disappeared, several searches and vigils have been held. In January 2021, cell phone data tracking some of Landry’s last movements was released.

In January of this year, Landry’s family said they were told the Texas AG’s Office would be meeting with Caldwell County to discuss the case.

In April, family and friends set up missing persons billboards for Landry near Luling.

In a statement, Lisa Landry, Jason’s mother, said, “So many people have come together to do so many things to help us find Jason.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back