GUILTY TX - Jazmine Barnes, 7, shot/killed in drive-by shooting, Houston, Dec 2018 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We know now the red truck was not involved in the shooting. But it was there.

I’m trying to visualize the placement of the shooters vehicle since the red truck was blocking the driver’s side when the shooting began.
Where did the information come from that the red truck was blocking the driver's side?

Interesting, CNN reports that Shaun King is the one who reported the lead to Mr. Merritt, leading to the arrest.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/06/us/jazmine-barnes-shaun-king-tip/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

The tipster went to Shaun and Shaun went to the Sheriff directly. This is why I linked the information that I did. The Sheriff was very quick to credit Shaun for that. The Sheriff was also sharing Shaun's posts as well. It was very clear that they were working together on this.

A tip from activist Shaun King led police to a suspect in the killing of Jazmine Barnes - CNN

"He became a target in our investigation based on a tip that initially went to journalist and activist Shaun King," Gonzalez told reporters. "Mr. King then passed that tip to me personally."

Please provide a link to that information

I did. I provided a link when you asked the first time to the source of the tip, (a journalist) as verified by the Sheriff. If that isn't good enough then I can't help you.

The same information I linked to has been selectively taken in bits and pieces and put into news articles. I was just trying to bypass all of the commentary and interpretation to go straight to what the information given to law enforcement was in it's entirety. If you prefer to find pieces of it in a news article that's fine too. I wanted the entire thing in one place.

Here it is again:

How the red truck came to be the focus:

Shaun King

I'm not sure what you actually think happened here but I'm not interested in a conspiracy theory or blaming any of the victims. So, I am going to assume that law enforcement is telling the truth about the red truck being an innocent bystander.

It's totally reasonable to me that people looked up AFTER the shots were fired, when the other vehicle would have already moved away from the victims. It all makes sense to me at this point.

I'm not going to discuss it again because I don't want to clog up the thread further.

Where did the information come from that the red truck was blocking the driver's side?
Jazmine Barnes shooting: This sketch could lead to the driver who gunned down a young girl - CNN
If the shooting began when the red truck was at the driver’s side - the other vehicle would have to be behind them for the passenger to shoot into their car. I’m trying to figure out where the other vehicle was when the shooting began. Perhaps they were distracted by the red truck and did not see the other vehicle with the chaos.
JMO

The tipster went to Shaun and Shaun went to the Sheriff directly. This is why I linked the information that I did. The Sheriff was very quick to credit Shaun for that. The Sheriff was also sharing Shaun's posts as well. It was very clear that they were working together on this.

A tip from activist Shaun King led police to a suspect in the killing of Jazmine Barnes - CNN

"He became a target in our investigation based on a tip that initially went to journalist and activist Shaun King," Gonzalez told reporters. "Mr. King then passed that tip to me personally."

I did. I provided a link when you asked the first time to the source of the tip, (a journalist) as verified by the Sheriff. If that isn't good enough then I can't help you.

The same information I linked to has been selectively taken in bits and pieces and put into news articles. I was just trying to bypass all of the commentary and interpretation to go straight to what the information given to law enforcement was in it's entirety. If you prefer to find pieces of it in a news article that's fine too. I wanted the entire thing in one place.

Here it is again:

Shaun King

I'm not sure what you actually think happened here but I'm not interested in a conspiracy theory or blaming any of the victims. So, I am going to assume that law enforcement is telling the truth about the red truck being an innocent bystander.

It's totally reasonable to me that people looked up AFTER the shots were fired, when the other vehicle would have already moved away from the victims. It all makes sense to me at this point.

I'm not going to discuss it again because I don't want to clog up the thread further.
I am sorry I did not see you link in the original post

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here it is again:
Shaun King
The attribution from the sheriff to Shawn regarding the tip is valid however that does not make Shawn's facebook page a MSM source. Seems like two different things being conflated. I will flag a moderator to review.

I find it interesting that everyone saw the red truck, even saw the driver, in the dark, while driving away yet nobody saw the real car that did the shooting. I'm wondering if the nonfamily "witnesses" were trying to derail the investigation. It would have been easy for them to follow the family, help them get police and ambulances, and say something to the 15 year old--did you see that skinny old white guy who did the shooting in that red truck. The girl is traumatized and believes the description. Just my opinion.

The attribution from the sheriff to Shawn regarding the tip is valid however that does not make Shawn's facebook page a MSM source. Seems like two different things being conflated. I will flag a moderator to review.

To clarify: I never claimed Shaun was a verified MSM source. Just that the Sheriff verified the tip came from him and thanked him throughout the investigation.

So, rather than linking verified medias reports with bits and pieces of Shaun's information I figured I'd just link Shaun so that all the information is in one place. He is where much of it has come from.

He's a public figure who asked his posts be shared and he isn't banned here. So it's generally a situation of each person decides how much credibility to give him. Nobody is trying to claim he's the only source of information.

FEE8B56A-0AE5-4353-A3A5-000D5DBDBAA8.jpeg
Here is a picture of the family’s car.

No damage to the rear windshield. Or to the passenger windows. Front windshield appears intact.

The shooter would have been beside their car parallel to the driver’s side.

I’m on my phone so if someone has a larger monitor - might see something I can’t see.

View attachment 163000

No damage to the rear windshield. Or to the passenger windows. Front windshield appears intact.

I’m on my phone so if someone has a larger monitor - might see something I can’t see.

Isn't that a bullet hole in the front side window? Towards the back and top. I'm on my phone but I zoomed in. Can't tell about the windshield though.

View attachment 163000

Look at the bottom of the trunk. I wonder if mom didn't let someone borrow her car the day before and that might have been who the shooter thought it was. There are probably 5000 cars like that driving around Houston so I wonder how he thought that was THE car he saw the day before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back