TX TX - Joanna Rogers, 16, Lubbock, 4 May 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We still have quite a few local missing, Jennifer Wilkerson is one and over the past few years they have found womens bodies along country roads. I just wonder if it was him? Now he's playing dumb acting like he doesn't understand the charges against him for Summer's murder. Big :chicken: if you ask me.

jodieo said:
We still have quite a few local missing, Jennifer Wilkerson is one and over the past few years they have found womens bodies along country roads. I just wonder if it was him? Now he's playing dumb acting like he doesn't understand the charges against him for Summer's murder. Big :chicken: if you ask me.

I also wondered about the 2 girls who were found out on the country roads. One was found, I think, the month before Joanna was missing and the other the year before.

Since this animal has shown his face, I have wondered about Joanna, and Jennifer. Now that he confessed to Joanna, and they found her, I still have questions and concerns about Jennifer, and wonder if LE has looked into him as a suspect in her case as well. He is a true serial killer, seeking out women to use and dispose of.

santos1014 said:
Since this animal has shown his face, I have wondered about Joanna, and Jennifer. Now that he confessed to Joanna, and they found her, I still have questions and concerns about Jennifer, and wonder if LE has looked into him as a suspect in her case as well. He is a true serial killer, seeking out women to use and dispose of.

In very recent months there has also been a serial rapist who stun gunned, bound, and gagged women after abducting them and then the other killer who killed Mrs. Harrelson and her coworker Peggy Merrimon is still missing. Unless this man just went paranoid and was crazy, then there is even yet another possible serial killer around here who could be responsible for the other girls. Also, Rosendo is from San Antonio and I know there's missing people there.

Bless LE that took the time to search in that landfill for Joanna's body. That has to be an awful job and it just takes so long searching through all of that awful stuff.

Thank God that Joanna's body has finally been found. The killer is already in jail so that is also taken care of. Now if he will just pled guilty to save this poor family a trial and the pain that it involves.

One less family living in hell not knowing what has become of their daughter.
Now they can lay her to rest and have a service for her. That has to be hard when your child is found because all hope is gone. At the same time there has to be some feeling of relief because you know where she is now. Bless Joanna's family.

THAT is the scary thing. Living in the Lubbock area makes me paranoid now.

Lubbock used to be a fun place to go- even alone, I never worried. I was cautious, sure, but never worried. Now, I find myself looking at things and people in a different light when I am out and about in Lubbock.
Something I should have been doing all along, I suppose.

I am so pleased they found Joanna, I know death of a child is awful but to me not knowing where your child is worse. God rest your soul dear child.
I am also impressed with all of the people involved in this undertaking and bringing closure to Joannas family, what a wonderful gift. Thank you from my family.

I am so sad to learn of this news, even though I thought she would eventually be found. it is good that le never gave up and that they took the time and expense of looking for her. this should be a positive note to other law enforcement that thinking a search of that magnitude is fruitless. rest in peace joanna, and god bless her family. thanks to the landfill personel for keeping good records of landfill activity.

Sad, but hopefully her family will get some much needed answers...

Send Flowers to this Funeral

Story last updated at 2:52 a.m. Wednesday, November 8, 2006
Joanna Kathryn Rogers

A celebration of life service for Joanna Kathryn Rogers of Lubbock will be at 4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 11, 2006 in the Lubbock High School Auditorium with Rev. Jerry Kaskela officiating. Private graveside services and interment will be at the City of Lubbock Cemetery on Monday, Nov. 13, 2006, under the direction of Sanders Funeral Home.

Joanna was taken from us May 4, 2004 at age 16. She was born June 25, 1987 in Lubbock, Texas to Joe Bill and Kathryn Rogers.

Joanna was a Junior at Lubbock High School, where she was active in Theater, Debate, Dance and Student Publications. Joanna attended Ramirez Elementary and O.L. Slaton Junior High in Lubbock. She was a member of Shepherd King Lutheran Church, where she was baptized, confirmed and active in church and youth activities. Joanna loved animals and she was a volunteer at the South Plains Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.

Joanna was preceded in death by her grandmother, Jo Ann Thomas, and grandfathers, Billie Rogers and Erwin Schulze.

Those left to cherish her memory are her parents; a brother, Will and wife, Christy; nieces, Ellie Anna, and Brittany Rogers; and grandfather Ed Thomas and wife, Norma, all of Lubbock; grandmother, Ramona Schulze of Avalon, Texas; and numerous relatives and friends.

The family suggests memorials to Briarwood Retreat Center c/o Briarwood Lutheran Ministries, 670 Copper Canyon Road, Argyle, TX 76226-9716; Shepherd King Lutheran Church, 2122 18th Street, Lubbock, TX 79401; South Plains Wildlife Rehab Center, 3308 95th Street, Lubbock, TX 79423; United Response Search and Rescue Team, P. O. Box 1463, Midlothian 76065, or any youth or law enforcement organization.

Send Flowers to this Funeral

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=8087295&nav=menu69_2_9

Rosendo Rodriguez Guilty on Two Counts Of Capital Murder

Proceedings will resume Monday morning in Canyon with a hearing involving Joanna Rogers' family. You'll recall Rogers is another girl Rodriguez allegedly killed, stuffed into suitcase and threw away. The hearing is to determine if her family can take the stand for the prosecution. The trial will resume after that hearing.

It doesn't sound like they are going to trial due to lack of evidence, but his name was found on Joanna's computer list. I wish Summer Baldwin and her baby could have been saved from the evidence on that buddy list. Thank goodness Rodriquez withdrew his plea deal. Now he'll be executed. How odd and sad that Mr. Rogers had given Summer Baldwin a ride one night when he was out looking for Joanna. Both families have been through so much together. I have read that the killer of the two prostitutes found out on rural roads were murdered by a Hispanic man. I thought maybe Rosendo had murdered them and we'd be hearing about that, but I guess not.

It doesn't sound like they are going to trial due to lack of evidence, but his name was found on Joanna's computer list. I wish Summer Baldwin and her baby could have been saved from the evidence on that buddy list. Thank goodness Rodriquez withdrew his plea deal. Now he'll be executed. How odd and sad that Mr. Rogers had given Summer Baldwin a ride one night when he was out looking for Joanna. Both families have been through so much together. I have read that the killer of the two prostitutes found out on rural roads were murdered by a Hispanic man. I thought maybe Rosendo had murdered them and we'd be hearing about that, but I guess not.

I will be curious to see if the murders now come to a stop. I feel way down in my soul that Rosendo is (or was) a serial killer. He murdered Joanna and Summer almost 2 years apart IIRC, so I am quite sure there were others in between.:behindbar :behindbar

Apparently the perp was never charged with this murder because they didn't have enough evidence. But the parents were satisfied when he received the DP on the Baldwin case. The two girls knew each other.

Anyway, there's news today.

fran

http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-courts/2011-12-05/scotus-denies-capital-murder-appeal

SCOTUS denies capital murder appeal

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday denied certiorari in the appeal of convicted capital murderer Rosendo Rodriguez III.

full article at link ....................http://lubbockonline.com/crime-and-courts/2011-12-05/scotus-denies-capital-murder-appeal

This perp was my brother in laws fraternity brother at Texas Tech. I met two serial killers in Lubbock. Freaky

I think Dustin Thomas Kendrick could be responsible for some of the missing, including the cold case of the girl murdered at indiana village and her apartment set on fire. He was a friend of mine but murdered a girl in Lubbock and is now pleading guilty. It just creeps me out to have known him and rosendo personally

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back