TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is wrong (my thinking) - does anyone know if "Honorary Pallbearers" are the same as "Pallbearers"? My sons and nephews could barely get thru being pallbearers for my mom (their grandma). I can't even imagine if they had to fufill that solemn duty for a cousin that young. My heart is breaking once again.

Honorary means just that...honorary. They may walk alongside the casket, but they will not actually carry the casket. I can't imagine how upset those poor cousins are. and probably so scared and confused.I honestly am a little torn on how I feel about them being pallbearers, even if just honorary. They seemed so young in the pictures I've seen. One one hand, I think it's touching that the family chose to include them in the service for their cousin, but on the other hand I'm not sure if they are emotionally able to handle it. My prayers will be with them that day.

I think honorary pallbearers lead the procession, don't actually carry the casket.

Thank you, Dear Prudence. Then I assume the whole MO family will be attending the funereal.

I will have to re-stock up on Kleenex.

ETA - and Thank you, LynnB.

I live in Houston and I do not think race has anything to do with this. If the race of the perpetrator and the victim were reversed, I don't think you would see any different determination to get a capital conviction. If the accused was middle class and white, the difference would be she would have some lawyer playing to the media, but I don't think the outrage would be any different. The innocence and vulnerability of the victim is absolute, the brutality of the crime is unusual, and the evidence is driving this reaction. Not saying prejudice does not exist -- just not in this case.

I live in Houston, and while there are many good people here who would not let race be an aspect of an investigation, there are also some pretty nightmarish stories where race has become an issue -- Texas was segregated until the Civil Rights Act, which meant the less than 50 years ago our LE was enforcing apartheid -- not that long ago, and many horrific things have happened in state within the last two decades -- including two towns where nearly all the poor African American residents were arrested on false drug charges and jailed, later found to be the result of LE lying -- one such incident occurred less than an hour north of Houston. Additionally, a black man was dragged to death in Jasper, TX which is a little more than an hour north of Houston.

I hope you are right. Everything they say about Mona could be true -- I don't know. I believe she was involved in the disposal of the body which is heinous enough as it is. <Mod Snip>

I wonder if LE was keeping it casual until they got to their headquarters. If the smell and the evidence was as overwhelming as they say, maybe they were just being numb and mum and waiting until they had her secure. Especially if she was acting so blase about everything.
I remember watching the raw footage of the LE guys milling about outside her doorway, while they waited for whatever was going on inside. Going back and watching their mannerisms now, knowing what they had seen, is interesting.

I was really surprised to see them walking out to the car with their backs to her. I have to think that once they were in the house what they saw/smelled told them she was deeply involved in it. But I don't think they wanted to formally arrest her without having a long talk with her. Once you arrest them, you have to read them their Miranda rights which is when most people lawyer up.

I think JF cousins being an honorary pallbearer would help with the process of dealing with it. I'm sure their parents would know and probably consulted a professional also.

I have a different take on a rape survivor being promiscuous and it and this is from a rape that I endured when I was 14....I held myself until I had a serious boyfriend after age 18 but once that happened I found it hard to tell any man no, When I was older I finally had a light bulb moment, it was easier to say yes and feel like a sl** the next day then to say no and feel like a victim once again...So that again is just my take on that part of it.

Hugs, and I appreciate your honesty brave lady

I live in Houston, and while there are many good people here who would not let race be an aspect of an investigation, there are also some pretty nightmarish stories where race has become an issue -- Texas was segregated until the Civil Rights Act, which meant the less than 50 years ago our LE was enforcing apartheid -- not that long ago, and many horrific things have happened in state within the last two decades -- including two towns where nearly all the poor African American residents were arrested on false drug charges and jailed, later found to be the result of LE lying -- one such incident occurred less than an hour north of Houston. Additionally, a black man was dragged to death in Jasper, TX which is a little more than an hour north of Houston.

I hope you are right. Everything they say about Mona could be true -- I don't know. I believe she was involved in the disposal of the body which is heinous enough as it is.

I believe that a majority of Houston's citizens are more open-minded than that. We are very diversed culturally and have one of the largest homosexual populations in the country. Mona will get a fairer jury in Houston than probably any other city in Texas.

I hope you are right. Everything they say about Mona could be true -- I don't know. I believe she was involved in the disposal of the body which is heinous enough as it is.

Me, too.

This case has me anxious and sick. I'm terrified to let my 11 year old even play in our fenced in backyard by herself (and we have a fiercely protective dog as well) so I would never leave her home alone. In fact, I'm paranoid all around but this case is just so chilling that I just feel...scared. Between this case and the Petit murders I am one scared old lady.

This case has me anxious and sick. I'm terrified to let my 11 year old even play in our fenced in backyard by herself (and we have a fiercely protective dog as well) so I would never leave her home alone. In fact, I'm paranoid all around but this case is just so chilling that I just feel...scared. Between this case and the Petit murders I am one scared old lady.

MrsDarcy,
It is scary as a parent but you can't live in fear and keep your kids from doing what kids love. They love to play outside with their dog, their friends, ride bikes, go to the park, shoot hoops. Let them enjoy their childhood but make sure they are educated. Look up "Stranger Danger" lessons online and go over it with them. Make sure they know to scream and run if someone approaches them. Have a family code word and make sure they know not to go with anyone unless that person knows the code word. You can get GPS tracking on most cellphones now. I thought it ridiculous to give my child a cellphone at first but gave my daughter one when she was 9 and wanting to go down the street to a playmates house. It made me feel a lot better.

i'm a third generation houstonian and i find this comment to be highly offensive. yes, we are in the south but that does not make us or our law enforcement racist. at this point we will have to take law enforcement's word that there was a "boatload" of evidence that his little body was burned at her apartment and of course the video shows she dumped him in a ditch.
muddying the waters in this case does jonathan no justice.

While I do not believe she is innocent, I was taken aback how LE portraits her. I thought they would be more neutral and factual. I can understand they are shook up about it but if we make comments like that on WS, we would be booted out pronto. We are stuck with "unusual person".
In view of that, I doubt the trial will be conducted in Houston.

No but this case since day one had so many twist and turns it wouldn't surprise me if her voice was way off then we all imagine.

Yeah, Georgiajean, I was wondering about the smell and their demeanor as well. I did notice there was a breeze blowing, (you can see the tree branches swaying in the car window reflections). Also, we don't know the lay-out of that particular house. Maybe the room was towards the back of the house, so they were hanging around the front door....

I am of the opinion that it didn't smell bad -- which is strange, even with the windows open, et cetera. Especially as we had heavy rain and fog during the last few days which really increases the pentration of odors into wood, rooms, et cetera

Bedellia the twist and turns I was referring to was the media misreporting. The police were pretty tight lipped and working their leads. They didn't really hold a press conference until after they had an arrest. This tells me they had pretty good leads from the start and worked very hard around the clock for that arrest. Of course the LE got lucky with the perp leaving "Loads" of evidence so they can make that arrest.

I am so confused. I've tried to keep up with this thread but obviously missed something somewhere. Is Jonathan's sister by the same father? I noted that they both have the last name of Foster? Also I noted that they had snipped at least some footage from the interview with the ex-husband of MN. In the beginning of it he has nothing in his hand and at the end it looks like he has something black in his hand. They have a banner going across it so it's hard to tell what it was.

I am of the opinion that it didn't smell bad -- which is strange, even with the windows open, et cetera. Especially as we had heavy rain and fog during the last few days which really increases the pentration of odors into wood, rooms, et cetera

christmas eve was cool (mid 60's) and breezy, then a cold front moved in. i remember because i had to constantly remind my son to put on his jacket to go swing and we both reacted when the north wind picked up.
http://weatherblog.abc13.com/

While I do not believe she is innocent, I was taken aback how LE portraits her. I thought they would be more neutral and factual. I can understand they are shook up about it but if we make comments like that on WS, we would be booted out pronto. We are stuck with "unusual person".
In view of that, I doubt the trial will be conducted in Houston.

I respectfully but totally disagree. LE has not said anything about her or called her anything that we could not say here. Here is what I have seen them say, if I missed something offensive they have called her, please link it.

A detective said she seemed unfazed, even chatty. She showed no emotion even when told she was being charged with capital murder. Her eyes had a "dead look," the investigator said. "Anything but remorse … Stone cold without a soul." Miller found her "a hard nut to crack," he said. "You just can't figure her out."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/facebook/7359495.html

I highly doubt the trial will be moved out of Harris County. Out of 3.4 million people they should be able to find 12 jurors.

Evidence is Evidence, opinions do not factor in a trial, the jury has to go on evidence and even some who might not seem like they would do that pre-trial once they are served and on jury, they really do abide by the law and go on evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3