TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for saying this. You put into words something that had been rattling around in my brain. LE was on the defensive, because of the Amber Alert fiasco. LE can't say "Yep, we blundered this one, we should have put out the AA immediately." Right? I mean, even if they believe they blundered, they can't publicly admit it? I am not saying that LE did blunder. I have no opinion on that right now. I do think things may have played out differently if JF had been in a middle class or upper class neighborhood, And mom had rushed home in her SUV from her job in real estate, while dad left several clients to come home when JF was not home, things would have evolved differently in those first few hours, IMO.

When asked about the Amber Alert during the press conference Officer Miller said he didn't know why it took so long and that it needs to be looked at.

While he didn't say yep we really blundered, he didn't sound defensive at all or like he's trying to cover it up.

Okay. I just finally got to see the video from Click2Houston.com that started the whole thing about Jonathan being actually killed by the welding torch, and about him being sexually abused.

I thought from what people were saying that there were LEOs on the video saying this stuff. But there's not a single LEO in the video. It's all the reporter saying this stuff.

So... I'm going back to what I found and posted from the LEO's press conference, that LE reviewed the ME's report, and it is not a possibility that Jonathan was burned to death.

The reporter was also going back and forth and back and forth with a speculation about the sexual abuse. I'm tossing that too, until something comes out from LE.

I'm just not into what a sole reporter speculates in a manner that seems to me to sensationalize for the sake of ratings.

I want to know the truth about what happened to this child.

Here's the video:
http://www.click2houston.com/video/26335560/index.html

That whole report was so confusing wasn't it? IMO, I think the media needs to stop asking LE their theories of what happened and then running news stories with those theories. You can't be saying "one LE officer thinks this" but "another LE officer thinks that"

When asked about the Amber Alert during the press conference Officer Miller said he didn't know why it took so long and that it needs to be looked at.

While he didn't say yep we really blundered, he didn't sound defensive at all or like he's trying to cover it up.

Most likely Amber alert wouldn't have helped anyway, considering the time line.

Has anything surfaced in regard to MN's boxing days whether she ever suffered a serious head injury?
I am sure she could have a head injury BUT!
Even if she did, I won't forgive her for her actions.
Many of my dear friends have brain cancer, tumors and brain disorders.
After I was diagnosed I met so many people with brain disorders.
If they get violent it is spare of the moment, no planning and no cover ups.
But 99% are just as sweet as can be.
I think she has always been a sociopath!
JMOO

Thank you for saying this. You put into words something that had been rattling around in my brain. LE was on the defensive, because of the Amber Alert fiasco. LE can't say "Yep, we blundered this one, we should have put out the AA immediately." Right? I mean, even if they believe they blundered, they can't publicly admit it? I am not saying that LE did blunder. I have no opinion on that right now. I do think things may have played out differently if JF had been in a middle class or upper class neighborhood, And mom had rushed home in her SUV from her job in real estate, while dad left several clients to come home when JF was not home, things would have evolved differently in those first few hours, IMO.

I agree with you, and this makes me so sad. People who live in neighborhoods like JF's are afraid of the police, as are people who've had drug problems. There are a lot of historical and understandable reasons for this. Yet these people and their children are more vulnerable to crime in general.

We'll never know....

It is not uncommon for LE to not activate Amber alert if they aren't even sure the child was actually kidnapped, there is no description of the suspect and the suspect's car, etc. If 12 year old is missing LE also isn't going to be as concerned as if he was 2. After all 12 year old could have gone somewhere on his own and then come back in a couple of hours, which is likely what happens in most cases.

something I'd like thoughts on....
MN has been described as a cold heartless person with the eyes of a serial killer etc.
Where does the missing stuffed animal fit into all this? Would a cold heartless murderer allow their victim the comfort of their favorite stuffed animal? Why comfort the victim if your plan is to put them thru the most vile thing you can think of?
I honestly am only asking because the missing stuffed animal just seems so strange. It makes me think Jonathan was alive when he left that house.

What I meant was that they could be feeling defensive -- perhaps even unaware of it -- and this is feeding into their reactions. It's a pretty classic situation -- horrific murder of innocent, police mistake at beginning, strong motivation to close case immediately and identify a monster, lots of emotional reponse (completely human reaction) rather than evidence-based policing. (I'm not at all saying they don't have evidence, but the press conference did not emphasize that -- they emphasized MN's 'evil eyes.'

I don't believe for a minute this woman burned this child's body to conceal its identity. I think she did it because she wanted too. It must have taken quite awhile to achieve, and I just keep wondering what in God's name she was thinking while doing it.

What I meant was that they could be feeling defensive -- perhaps even unaware of it -- and this is feeding into their reactions. It's a pretty classic situation -- horrific murder of innocent, police mistake at beginning, strong motivation to close case immediately and identify a monster, lots of emotional reponse (completely human reaction) rather than evidence-based policing. (I'm not at all saying they don't have evidence, but the press conference did not emphasize that -- they emphasized MN's 'evil eyes.'

I sure wouldn't describe this as a case with no evidence, considering the information that has been released already, there appear to be plenty of evidence.

It is not uncommon for LE to not activate Amber alert if they aren't even sure the child was actually kidnapped, there is no description of the suspect and the suspect's car, etc. If 12 year old is missing LE also isn't going to be as concerned as if he was 2. After all 12 year old could have gone somewhere on his own and then come back in a couple of hours, which is likely what happens in most cases.

Right, I personally don't blame LE at all for being hesitant. The parents did originally lie to officers. I'm sure that initially that made them very suspicious. I'm just saying there is no way to know if an AA would have helped or not.

Ok --maybe I missed this, but did Jonathan tell DD that MN had been to the house when he came to check on him at 1:45?

They also seem to base their believe that there are other victims because of those eyes. But not once did I hear anything about any evidence found to support those claims.

I want to know why the apt. complex didn't do a background check on M when they hired her..If I lived there with kids I'd be seeking out a lawyer ASAP! That could've been MY child or any of the many who live there.

You have to be able to shown tangible damages to have a case. In this instance, it would probably only be Ms. Davis that would have a case.
More productive would be to see if failure to conduct a background check, or hiring someone with knowledge of their crim background, when the person hired has access to everyone's unit, is a code violation of some kind. If not, I think a new law would make sense here.

Good question, Openmind, very good question. I don't think we were told anything about that.

Well you might suspect the family but the family isn't going to suspect itself if they know they didn't do it. Who are they going to suspect? Who needs a 12 year old boy, it's not like this is a baby. Not a large demand from people wanting to raise 12 year old boys out there. What is the family going to think? Pedophile sounds like a plausible idea.
why wouldnt a family suspect family? especially in a case where the boy has been moved from home to home involving members concerned for his well being.....especially when you have a parent who was very concerned of how her parenting skills were appearing to others...jmo

I sure wouldn't describe this as a case with no evidence, considering the information that has been released already, there appear to be plenty of evidence.

I didn't describe it as a case with no evidence. Although they weren't very specific about evidence except for the video -- the other evidence would have to be subject to forensic tests which would take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member