TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(BBM)
yes,he did.WHen he was living a beautiful life on his uncles farm.I wished he would have been there christmas eve playing with his cousins.It makes me so sick.

Exactly claudicici - Oh how I wish he'd never left there. My heart just breaks for his uncle/uncle's family.

163147_167900879919739_166569373386223_328645_2794018_n.jpg

"Jonathan Foster's sweetness shines through in photographs of him and in the memories of those who knew him"

I do respect your opinion and who knows which theory is really the correct one. We may never learn the true motive.

But I don't think there is anything simple when a woman takes a blow torch and burns the flesh off of a little innocent boy.

To be capable of that we aren't looking at the 'typical' killer we often read about here imo.

Mona didn't need a blow torch to kill Jonathan. She looks strong as an ox and use to be a boxer. One blow by her to his throat or grabbing him by the throat and choking him could have easily killed him. Jonathan was no match for this massive woman.

Imo, this goes way beyond simple. This is one of the most heinous cases I can remember. It reminds me of the sadistic and vile nature of Joesph Duncan.

IMO

WOW am certainly going to have to be careful how I phrase things in the future as I certainly did not think anyone would take offence to what I had wrote...

when I say the crime was more "simple" I meant that I dont think it was by a serial killer who has been killing and burning children and took Jonathon because he was left alone to satisfy her urge to kill.......

but in fact if you read what I had written I said the MOTIVE was more simple....ie something to do with the adults in the home and poor Jonathon became the victim as he was the one there.

saying that the crime was simple is in no way implying that I do not think that this is extremely disturbing and upsetting and horrific.

In fact if you read my previous posts I have called her a sick, vicious, digusting, sadistic, violent women...

the thought that poor zahra was dismembered made me sick, after someone mentioned sandra cantu at the beginning of this case, I read up on it and I nearly vomitted and this tragedy has really shocked and upset me.

:waitasec: Well, it's only 5 more hours till the court appearance ehhh???

I do respect your opinion and who knows which theory is really the correct one. We may never learn the true motive.

But I don't think there is anything simple when a woman takes a blow torch and burns the flesh off of a little innocent boy.

To be capable of that we aren't looking at the 'typical' killer we often read about here imo.

Mona didn't need a blow torch to kill Jonathan. She looks strong as an ox and use to be a boxer. One blow by her to his throat or grabbing him by the throat and choking him could have easily killed him. Jonathan was no match for this massive woman.Imo, this goes way beyond simple. This is one of the most heinous cases I can remember. It reminds me of the sadistic and vile nature of Joesph Duncan.

IMO

...she definetely used the blow torch to burn his poor little body.We still don't know if that is how he died.I still think she may not have killed him until more evidence becomes public.JMO...

After having transcribed the short probable cause hearing today I realized that it was not just the poor and shoddy reporting that phone calls were labeled as "threatening"..
The D.A.'s office stated that when Angela was on her way home "that she received a mysterious phone call from her residence with a woman making 'threatening' remarks towards her son{JF}"..

This is what makes me so angry. If LE admits that there were threatening phone calls made to the mother from inside her own house about JF just prior to her discovery of his disappearance, why on earth didn't they suspect foul play immediately and begin canvassing the neighborhood? Without the phone calls, I can see why LE hesitated. But if AD told them about the phone calls, there is no excuse for not taking this seriously!! The calls indicate a threat to a child by an unidentified adult who is inside the home of a child who is supposed to be home alone. There are horror films based on this type of scenario!!!

I can't help but wonder that if the call had come in from one of Houston's more affluent suburbs, LE would have responded more quickly.

This leads me to think that (A) Parents or parent owed money to someone. Perhaps someone unsavory, who had a bad reputation for violence toward those who did not pay up on time.
(B) Mona was the 'hired henchwoman' who was put into a place to do the dirty work, or perhaps even just the 'point woman' who got the kid to wherever it was, then did the dumping of bodies. I think this because evidence was found at her home. Most 'serial' or killers who do this regularly are more careful. They have to be so that they would not get caught. She got caught easily. There is something that just doesnt' work for me about this scenario.

I believe she probably is pretty ruthless. But somehow, it doesn't sit right with me. But then again, nothing about this terrible thing does.

If he did know who she was by just seeing her around. What if she did come to the door and had been drinking vodka. What if she was drunk and rowdy banging on the door and that was the emergency.. then she got in either by key or convinced him to unlock the door.. mom called back and that is when she hung up on her.

then somehow convinced him to go with her or she forced him to go.. if a child is scared i would think to grab him by the arm and demand he not say anything he would go..
or convinced him to go with her.. and her saying it is ok..take your stuffed animal ( that was missing) take it with you .. somthing to that extent..

just a maybe on this..

(BBM)

Exactly claudicici - Oh how I wish he'd never left there. My heart just breaks for his uncle/uncle's family.

I agree.
I work in Foster Care. While I admit and state I realize that parents do love their children in these situations, and certainly the child wanted to live and be with his mother, I think of the children who often have a healthier life while remaining with extended family who live in healthier and more stable environments. I wish the mother had gone to live with them, too. But I think the child wanted to be with his mother, and he was, and loved.

Thanks. So sad.

[snipped]

"He was just so sweet and submissive, always looking for a hug," said Glenn Scrimsher, 33, Jonathan's uncle who raised him from the time he was 6 until a year ago, when his grandmother, Mary Gifford, sent for him in Channelview. "I bet he didn't even put up a fight."

[snipped]

Jonathan spent much of his young life with his uncle and his five kids on a farm in Missouri, where the boy grew watermelon, rode dirt bikes and caught his first fish. He fell in love with his family's horse, Valentino, a Palomino. While he lived with his uncle, his mother visited once, Scrimsher said, but Jonathan saw his grandparents frequently.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7362771.html

This leads me to think that (A) Parents or parent owed money to someone. Perhaps someone unsavory, who had a bad reputation for violence toward those who did not pay up on time.
(B) Mona was the 'hired henchwoman' who was put into a place to do the dirty work, or perhaps even just the 'point woman' who got the kid to wherever it was, then did the dumping of bodies. I think this because evidence was found at her home. Most 'serial' or killers who do this regularly are more careful. They have to be so that they would not get caught. She got caught easily. There is something that just doesnt' work for me about this scenario.

I believe she probably is pretty ruthless. But somehow, it doesn't sit right with me. But then again, nothing about this terrible thing does.
ITA with your entire post....

Houston Chronicle - January 3

Blue text highlighted by me. Earlier HC article said he called and had asked for "Ennamorato's number." Just a little more specific in this new article.

[snipped]

Missed calls

Exactly why Nelson, who had served time for armed robbery, marijuana possession, immigrant smuggling and terroristic threats, came to Jonathan's door on Christmas Eve remains unclear.

On that Friday morning, both Davis and Ennamorato had to work. Jonathan's mother was to return by 2 p.m.

That morning at work, a colleague told Davis her son had called asking for "Aunt Sharon's" number.

After she missed that call, a woman called back, saying it was an emergency. By the time Davis made it to the phone, the line was dead.

Concerned, Davis called the house again and again as she drove to the cottage, she said. Someone picked up just minutes before she pulled up around 2 p.m.

Davis said a woman answered. She told the woman she was Jonathan's mom, Angela. She heard a woman say: "Is your mama's name Angela?"
And Davis heard Jonathan say: "Yes ma'am, my mama's name is Angela."

And then the phone went dead.

Davis said police initially questioned her about why her son was home alone, and suggested he'd run away on Christmas Eve.

Police said the investigation was complicated because family members changed their stories and gave conflicting statements on the day of his disappearance.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7362771.html

There are many things that puzzle me about this extraordinary case, but this is the main one: why did Angela have to unlock the door when she got home from work?

Did Mona have a key?

If so, why? Who gave it to her and why? Or did she steal it? If so, why?

Why would Mona lock up behind herself after kidnapping Jonathan?

I'm baffled.

www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-amber-alert-foster-story,0,3658934.story

Wouldn't jonathan have had a key? If she lured him out, he may have naturally locked the door behind him. Even if he was frightened. If she locked it, it could be a good way to make it look like he ran a way for a few hours.

Most likely though, the door had a lock button in the handle and it was automatically pushed in when leaving by people including jonathan.

imo

I've been following this since I found out JF was missing. My thoughts about the phone is that JF took it with him to call his mom. I think that after his mom called on her cell phone the first time, he might have pressed redial and she heard was MN was saying to him in her truck within a certain range of the cottage.

that's a very big possibility

JMHO

But I believe that MN was just one angry individual with rage issues. I don't know (just by her appearance) that she's the type to be smart enough to be stalking out a victim and planning out a crime. Seems to me when something makes her mad, she just goes over the top (as specified in the article about the woman she beat up and the kids she pushed). MN seems to get caught at (most?) every crime she commits.....

JMHO, I think MN was there looking for Ennamorato and for whatever reason (drunk/high) MN couldn't understand this woman was at work or wasn't there at the house when MN thought she was supposed to be and that set MN into simmer mode.

Or maybe it was the simple fact that MN had a "thing" afor Ennamorato and didn't like JF or his mother living there - maybe that was putting a "crimp in her style".

Or maybe MN was there to rob the place and didn't realize that JF would have been left there alone and unfortunately he could ID her...

MN may have been scoping out the place...but for some reason I don't think JF was in her plans...he just happened to be there and she had to do something...unfortunately...

I had the impression the first time homicide detectives spoke with MN was when they showed up at her residence. They went there because they had information that she had actually talked to Jonathan at approximately 12:30 pm the day he went missing, so they were just trying to find out what she had to say according to the Captain who spoke at the pressor. While they were at MN's, they received a photo of the truck and recognized it as Mona's. Although the Captain added, "She was at the apartment complex the same day Jonathan disappeared by her own admittance and other people in the apartment complex said they saw here there", he didn't say when MN admitted she was there, therefore it is possible MN only admitted she was at SE's when LE showed up at her residence to find out what she knew. JMO

snipped from pressor

"A couple of those guys were looking for this woman named Mona at that time because there was information, not because she was a suspect at that point in time, but there was information that she had actually talked to Jonathan at approximately 12:30 on the day he went missing, so they were just trying to find out what she had to say. While they were out at that location they got a picture of the truck, they noticed that Mona was driving a truck that was remarkably similar".

That must have been a mind boggling moment for them, talking to a witness they thought, looking down at their blackberry and omg!

Do we know what time the hearing is today and if it will be streamed live anywhere? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member