TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mom had a drug history, therefore she didn't have the skills at all to raise that child. She was trying, but she was flying solo it seems. Not good, this is why DPS usually will have supervised visits with a child. They slowly integrate them. You can blame the mom yes, but it serves no purpose for this woman is already showing signs of denial, anger, fear, guilt, I mean she is at her bottom if you ask me and she has to live with the fact her lying might have played a part in not saving her child. Her emotions at this time is very raw, and with an unskilled person she is bound to say things that you and I would just go off on.

Ideal situation (could have should have) would have been if the grandma let her daughter move in with her, help her daughter to learn to be a better mom, and this way was able to be around to monitor her. Also the child wouldn't have had to go through the once again uprooted school and friends and the long term issues that could cause a child. Yes, every single person in this child's life owns some blame except for Renee and her husband...well hindsight is 20/20 as they say and I bet even they are kicking their butts thinking what if we refused to let him go back.

That is the thing, this entire family are in pain, we shouldn't add to that pain. They didn't kill this boy, he was taken from them.

I still hope and pray that the grandmother persuades her daughter to move in with her, in order that this mom can heal and not go back into the drugs, removing her from that environment is the first step.

Sounds to me like she has a daughter and a grandson who was maybe in the hsopital or who had just been born and was coming home from hsopital with his mom (her daughter).

**WARNING GRAPHIC**

That vacuum cleaner smell in horrific. Can you imagine the stench from a burning body?

I would like to know exactly where the burn site was. Also, why didn't she burn his clothes? Why keep them? Was she planning on sending them back as a warning?

BBM
Im lost again. Did they find his clothes???

This may have been posted before (from her FB):

Books
Ann Rule, dean kontz, Anne Rice, Stephen King

Movies
Saw, Any horror movie that not to fake, Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, Fracture

Television
Forensic Science, Comedy, cartoons

Finally got to watch this video, interviewing DD: http://www.click2houston.com/video/26318956/index.html

I don't see that he is smiling. I see a guy who tries to project being tough, who is trying not to cry. He's doing everything he can to not break down, and that includes being very loud, almost explosive in his diction. He's mad as hell. Yes, he could be under the influence of some alcohol. Or it may be that he was a user for so long, that he has permanent neurological changes from the substance abused. IMO.

He slapped the boy, and AD moved them out. He grew up in an environment where adults spanked or slapped kids (doesn't make it right, but there are people who do believe that). But he was still in AD and JF's lives, and I can imagine they were trying to work it out. IMO.

Yes, he could be covering things up. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt. It may be his influence over the past year that helped AD get sober. Who knows. I will wait for the evidence. I guess I have a sore spot for people who are uneducated being criticized and/or suspected because they are uneducated/unsophisticated. IMO.

Do we know that she burned the clothing? I must of missed that one!

She DID NOT. I thought I read on here earlier that they recovered his clothes from her house. (She and her being Mona.)

That was my question. Why didn't she burn them? Why keep them?

just FYI, a cold front moved through on christmas eve around 7 or 8pm and it got COLD and stayed cold through monday.
the phone call bothers me, i wonder if mona thought jonathan was the roommate's son, found out through the phone call that it was angela's son and panicked. maybe she had already said things to jonathan that she didn't want repeated especially if he wasn't who she initially thought he was. the relationship (friends/drugs/criminal activity?) between mona and the roommate could give us a lot more insight, imo.

Local Here...trying to answer some of the questions that I can.

Apologies in advance, because it's long but it has some links to other similar cases in Harris County that are worth a read.

1. Mona's House / Area: If they noticed the fire, and IF they cared they still would not "snitch"...nope not in this area.

2. Burning Place ?: In Houston in 2007 - A very, very close family friend was killed, dismembered, burned---on 2 patio grills on the 2nd floor apartment, with neighbors on both sides---of the ex boyfriend---to the point where the only thing left was a hair and tooth fragment found in the garbage disposal.

So, yes, it's possible and if I hadn't attended that trial I wouldn't believe it myself...but it's indeed possible. Also, this case was so highly publicized nationally for a while and locally, still...that it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mona recalled that case at some point during all of this.

3. I have the utmost confidence in the HPD investigators and prosecutors handling this case. They are unfortunately too experienced with gruesome murders--but also very successful in prosecution--link to guilty verdict for Tynesha (case mentioned above) - http://www.khou.com/news/local/65846752.html and http://www.khou.com/news/local/65859727.html

Here's another Houston case where the perp father killed and burned his kids bodies on Father's Day---he too will spend the rest of his life in prison: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/100504-randy-sylvester-verdict

Oh and I might add that this perp claimed the mental defense for killing his kids...they sent him to treatment and afterwards...returned him to stand trial!

If you read the prosecutors opening statements in these trials...there is no doubt, that they are about getting justice for these victims...and THEY MEAN IT!

I can also tell you from being involved in an extremely publicized - nationally and local-- case in Harris County, (neither of the two above) that you / we will not get anymore details than they have to give, until trial...and neither will the reporters.

IMO, that's where some of this shoddy reporting is coming from...reporter's trying to piece things together...because i can tell you from experience, they won't get the info from the prosecutors unless they have to...oh and No Sunshine Laws here.

She DID NOT. I thought I read on here earlier that they recovered his clothes from her house. (She and her being Mona.)

I have to look back for the "recovered his clothes" as I had to have missed that one.

Ive been thinking... could MN be a SO?

I dont know much about female SO's, but they are around. Jonathan was the exact opposite of MN in every possible way.

Maybe she did what ever to Jonathan that it killed him, and she had to get rid of all the evidence of what she did to him. Hiding the body, or just leaving the body where it was would have led LE right to her. Burning the body would be her idea of getting rid of any possible evidence.

She didnt count on the camera that saw her place that child in the ditch.

I hope there is a way to tell the owners of the camera thank you.

Please use initials only especially when a person has not been listed in the media. Example AN on Facebook.

Ive been thinking... could MN be a SO?

I dont know much about female SO's, but they are around. Jonathan was the exact opposite of MN in every possible way.

Maybe she did what ever to Jonathan that it killed him, and she had to get rid of all the evidence of what she did to him. Hiding the body, or just leaving the body where it was would have led LE right to her. Burning the body would be her idea of getting rid of any possible evidence.

She didnt count on the camera that saw her place that child in the ditch.

I hope there is a way to tell the owners of the camera thank you.

Based on Mona's lengthly criminal record, there was no indication that she is a SO.

Im going to be in the minority here Im sure. Im gonna hold off on judgment of DD until we have more facts. I truely understand where all the statements about him are comming from. I just dont think a bad vocabulary, off the cuff crude statements, and suspected drug activity make him guilty of being a part of harming JF.

So for the time being Im seeing him as a grieving person who is acting out in anger. Which In this situation seems perfectly normal to me. I didnt know JF at all and im mad as he77. JMO

No offense...BUT, IMO...he slapped JF...we don't know why...to me, thats "violence". AND...it was someone elses child...a child who had only been living with them for a short time. It obviously was something "wrong enough" for mom to move them BOTH out of the house.
THAT'S where MY statements were coming from. I just suppose he was "acting out in anger" when he slapped JF.
Sorry, if we have questions all over about mom....there are some serious questions about SD and his "anger" issues, as well.
Again...JMO.

ETA : To everyone on this thread....I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful....please don't think that's what my posts are meant to be.

I know I pondered in one of my posts regarding potential evidence that perhaps they found his clothing in her apartment or wherever she burned him.

:(

There is also an NB on her friends list that looks a lot like Mona. IMHO

ETA: The NB is also friends with AN and they both go to the same school (they are adults not minors).

Finally got to watch this video, interviewing DD: http://www.click2houston.com/video/26318956/index.html

I don't see that he is smiling. I see a guy who tries to project being tough, who is trying not to cry. He's doing everything he can to not break down, and that includes being very loud, almost explosive in his diction. He's mad as hell. Yes, he could be under the influence of some alcohol. Or it may be that he was a user for so long, that he has permanent neurological changes from the substance abused. IMO.

He slapped the boy, and AD moved them out. He grew up in an environment where adults spanked or slapped kids (doesn't make it right, but there are people who do believe that). But he was still in AD and JF's lives, and I can imagine they were trying to work it out. IMO.

Yes, he could be covering things up. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt. It may be his influence over the past year that helped AD get sober. Who knows. I will wait for the evidence. I guess I have a sore spot for people who are uneducated being criticized and/or suspected because they are uneducated/unsophisticated. IMO.

That is not why I suspect him at all. In fact, I think it's a slam to think any critical thinker here on WS would suspect him for that. JMO.

ETA..Come to think of it........I have not even seen any post suggesting he was uneducated or unsophisticated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns