TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know why the grandmother allowed Jonathan to move back with his mom, the Uncle said he wanted to go back to live with his grandmother and he had no idea he was living back with his mother.It seems the mom did not have a stable home for her son, for 12 years this child lived away from his mom.She has him a few weeks and now he is gone, My heart goes out to the Aunt and Uncle and their 5 children.I just hope they can recover from this nightmare.

Absolutely 100% ITA! It breaks my heart. And then you see the stepdad on camera and realize how far down the rabbit hole that poor child fell when he moved in with his mother a month ago. This was never a good place for him to be. Regardless of the actual murderer, or the motive of the crime itself. :(

Has it ever been established that the mother and father are drug addicts? So far I can't find any facts we have in the case that would indicate drugs were involved. This was such a bizarre senseless crime, a rational person would think drugs must have been involved, but I have a feelings this is going to be a Sandra Cantu type crime that will never make any sense. As someone said earlier the image of Mona doesn't fit together with the image of the mother and stepfather. I don't think this crime took place because of a relationship between the couple and Mona. Some take comfort in blaming the mother, but I just feel very sad for all of the family that they lost such a sweet little boy.

thanks was not enough, and if the rest of the family thought Jonathan should not have been with his mother maybe they should have call DSS, CPS, the law, ect. I don't think we should blame one of the victims for trying to be a good parent, going to work, left DD after slap Those are both things that a good mom does JMO

I'm still concerned about why an AA wasn't issued sooner.

IF the mom reported to police that she received phone calls at work that were threatening her or Jonathan, I would think that would raise a bit of a flag there.

It was also reported that a neighbor seen a silver truck at the house during the time frame in question. I'm wondering if this was reported to LE that day, or later?

IMO, if both of those scenarios were reported THAT DAY, then I am confused as to why LE didn't have enough information to issue an Amber Alert. A boy was missing and they had a potential vehicle description, AND potential suspect description.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I hope I am because if I am right, then I think maybe there was a chance to save Jonathan. :(

I'm getting a slew of alerts from members stating there is name calling and negative comments about the family in this case.

The MSM reports that I've seen have said Mona acted alone. If you've been blaming the family for this tragedy in your posts, please edit them now before the mods in this thread start using the time out procedure.

What do y'all think LE means by this:

"Nelson has given what investigators say is a self-serving statement that places her with Jonathan, but she has not admitted to killing him," said Houston Police Department spokesman Kese Smith.

What kind of self-serving statement? How is placing yourself at the place of the kidnapping with the victim self-serving? All I can think of is LE found something of Jonathan's in her truck or house and she had to come up with something.

HLN Live, Mike Brooks states report that SDad met Nelson a couple of weeks ago. Nelson is the only suspect.

Reporter from WOR in San Antonio, re suspect: something out of horror movie---burn marks in her carpet; found welding equipment

Nothing in this case makes any sense to me. So, Mona, if you didn't kill Jonathan, then who did? I feel like this is a puzzle lacking a large amount of pieces...what kind of laws are there in Texas document wise? Will this be tight and quiet like Kyron's case or is there similar sunshine laws like in Florida? I'm just trying to figure out if we're going to know much of anything until this goes to trial. I guess that's if it goes to trial.

Sad, sad case. Another young life wasted for no reason...

Well, we can start with her at least moving his body because she was caught on camera doing so. Oh, and all the evidence of stuff the collected from her house.

I really don't think she can escape the fact that she killed him.

"Nelson has given what investigators say is a self-serving statement that places her with Jonathan, but she has not admitted to killing him," said Houston Police Department spokesman Kese Smith.

What kind of self-serving statement? How is placing yourself at the place of the kidnapping with the victim self-serving? All I can think of is LE found something of Jonathan's in her truck or house and she had to come up with something.

I think self serving here means she was with him, but she didn't murder him. So, she is implicating a straw man.

Homicide investigator Mike Miller said investigators believe Nelson took the boy to her home, where she likely killed him and burned his body.

Investigators said a search of Nelson’s home turned up a "boatload" of evidence, but they were still working to determine a motive.

IMO - From what I can tell, mona was friends with the mothers roommate. I hope this isn't a repost but this MSM has several details. Not had a chance to read everything in these threads.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/HPD-defends-Amber-Alert-delay-112574489.html

Mona seems to like a certain type of women soley based on the photo with the blonde on her MS page, IIRC. I am not seeing her type with AD or any of the others we have seen in this case.

That's my thought. However, my hinky meter may be up because bio-mom brought in the roommate. Maybe there's a connection there? ie, getting back or threatened by the mom, thus taking Jonathan. I'd like to know how long the roommate and Mona knew each other.

Just thinking out loud.

Mel

The statement to which they refer is the one where she said she went to the house, found Jonathan with his shirt off and thought someone ELSE was there with him. It was self serving to point the blame at someone else for his abduction.

BBM

I was stumped by that word choice as well. :waitasec:

Perhaps the presser will shed some light...

Any links for live feeds yet?

thanks was not enough, and if the rest of the family thought Jonathan should not have been with his mother maybe they should have call DSS, CPS, the law, ect. I don't think we should blame one of the victims for trying to be a good parent, going to work, left DD after slap Those are both things that a good mom does JMO
do we know she really left him? i mean there are conflicting reports about where "home" was..... dd was last to see him....doesnt sound like an x to me... just sayin

Children from what are considered "good" families example A mom and dad, a home with a white picket fence and a cat and dog also get kidnapped and killed. It might have everything to do with an issue with the mom and step dad exposed him to or a person they exposed him to or it could have nothing to do with them and Mona was just a predatory individual.. we don't know. :(
I think the mom for sure is innocent and I worry for her that if she had an issue and was staying clean doing what she needed to do, this could cause a relapse.. I dunno maybe i'm placing my sympathies in the wrong place, but i don't think so. Of course the rest of my sympathy lies with the aunt and uncle, and grandmother and the rest of the family too.

I guess i just feel compelled to stick up for the mom for whatever reason. Maybe it's because I got to know my son's bio mom. and i know she struggled and she tried SOOOO HARD. I don't know..

Homicide investigator Mike Miller said investigators believe Nelson took the boy to her home, where she likely killed him and burned his body.

Investigators said a search of Nelson’s home turned up a "boatload" of evidence, but they were still working to determine a motive.

IMO - From what I can tell, mona was friends with the mothers roommate. I hope this isn't a repost but this MSM has several details. Not had a chance to read everything in these threads.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/HPD-defends-Amber-Alert-delay-112574489.html

ahhh....we're thinking along the same line. Maybe mona thought bio-mom and roommate were having a relationship. I'm merely speculating - no proof whatsoever. They certainly could not have had a personal relationship, but Mona thought otherwise, and acted the way she did?

MOO

Mel

OK I know it is useless to try and make sense of something so unimagineable... but yet that is all my brain can try and do today.

Someone please help me out -- I am STUCK on the 1:45pm to 2:00pm timeline here. I can't make sense of it, which just leads me to think someone is STILL not telling the truth.

DD places himself in the house checking on JF at 1:45pm. Why would he do this if he wasn't really there? And if he WAS there, and JF was fine (as DD says) then by 2:00pm JF has been taken by MN (per mother's statements). That means in the space of 15 minutes the weird phone calls were made back and forth and JF was taken, with or without a struggle. I just don't think that is enough time to have passed for all of that!

My brain is muddled. :(

Someone please help me out -- I am STUCK on the 1:45pm to 2:00pm timeline here. I can't make sense of it, which just leads me to think someone is STILL not telling the truth.

There is no TRUE or verifiable time line, imo. That's what makes me eager for the press conference even more.

Okay, I am almost caught up but want to toss this out there while I finish.

The articles say burnt carpet - was this baby killed then burnt? IE: was the carpet burned to cover blood evidence?

I am just sick over this. Could hardly sleep for praying for this little guy.

I guess I'm coming in late today - is the press conference happening today? What time? Please forgive me for being way behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485