TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.Do you know what they are saying or thier theories?

I would have to go back and find the posts in this thread. I just glanced over reading posts and caught the one about one is thinking this and the other didn't think the same thing (paraphrasing).

The posts would be at the 6:00 PM CST zone or 7:00 EST for me.

If she really used 1 of the large wleders to do this then i'm gonna say he may have been killed AT her home, but i doubt it was done IN her home. I thought maybe cement basement, but the componets of concrete start melting at 1,000 and up to 2,500 degrees.... and those big ones cut an even line, BUT heat is thrown off aside from just exactly where the heat is directed hence the need for the aprons and helmets etc....

Believe one HPD investigator is saying they feel they have the exact spot in her home---badly burned spot of her carpet which had heavy human death odor:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26334262/detail.html

Police said a section of carpet was badly burned and the smell of a human body filled the area around that carpet.

DNA tests are being ordered to analyze any bodily fluids.

One investigator assigned to the case said it now appears Foster was killed at that spot in Nelson's home within hours of being kidnapped from his family's home near Shepherd Drive and 43rd Street in Northwest Houston.

On the Justice for Jonathan facebook page, someone brought up the point that at the press conference it was stated the Medical examiner had said that he was not burned while alive. Does anyone remember that?

I believe it was stated there was no soot in his lungs.. but that's not a direct quote and i saw it posted on here

My hub (who is not welder) said acetylene mixed with oxygen cuts steel. (He worked many years at company that smelted steel.)

Yes it sure does.

My hubby has a side business and he uses his welding torch to cut steel all the time.

What horrors.

IMO

I believe it was stated there was no soot in his lungs.. but that's not a direct quote and i saw it posted on here

If she gagged him then a lot of the welding smoke wouldn't have gotten into his lungs.

Have they fully completed his autopsy?

I think she did use the welding torch to torture him to death right there in her home.

If she started at his feet then by the time she got to the upper part he most likely would have already stopped breathing.

IMO

OK just my opnion. Those cutting torches are huge and HOT. I don't believe one of those could be used in a house without setting something else on fire. Let alone near on ON carpeting. I think it's got to be one of the smaller ones whether it runs on acetalyne, propane or butane.

Plasma cutters (torches) have taken over the use of oxy-acetylene in most places. JMO

Believe no soot in his lungs may be why one feels that is not COD. Don't recall that being the ME, though.

fine i'll delete my posts, i just figured finding out where he was killed had something to do with this forum.

I meant the discussion of how hot the torch was. I'm not sure there is a way to discuss this case and not use words or ask questions that would be upsetting.

Personally I am completely traumatized by the violence inflicted on this young boy. Anyone who wants to run as far as they want from all this I understand completely.
This woman just needs to be removed from our world quickly, she just doesn't belong here.
I hope and pray Jonathans family is going to be able to cope with this tragedy.
This little guy was a good boy, obviously he co operated with his lifestyle changes and did well. A good child just waiting for Christmas to come. I sent an xbox to my 12 year old grandson for Christmas. I can hear him laughing and having fun with it in the background when I talk to my daughter on the phone. Then I think of Jonathan who should be doing the same thing. My heart breaks.

Beyond Belief, I can totally relate. Today we left my mom's home in the country to head home, and our kids played one more time with their cousins. I was reminded of Jonathan living with Renee, Glen, and their children out in the country - riding the 4-wheeler.

Here's a picture Renee posted of Jonathan and his cousins during a very happy time in his short life:

000_1327-1.jpg

And in response to
she gagged him then a lot of the welding smoke wouldn't have gotten into his lungs.
by Oceanblueeyes:

If he was gagged, you'd not find soot in his mouth, but he very well could've inhaled it via his nose...and would have made it to the back of the sinuses and/or throat, and perhaps into the lungs itself.

But I'm hesitant to think that the acetylene torch leaves much soot flying around to be inhaled, irrespective of him being gagged.

Soot, char, and other constituents of smoke is from other things burning - in a regular fire, sofas, curtains, walls, wood burn. When an autopsy says "no soot in the lungs", it means that it was either a very clean burning fire (e.g. like a torch) or it was not a typical fire, and did not burn as we see in our fireplaces and with most fires.

I can't rule out being torched to death based solely on no soot present. I wish I could.

And one small note of reassurance - once a burn is big enough and deep enough, the nerve bundles have been destroyed, and the pain would not be felt (there have been cases of people burned so badly they are unaware of their injuries). I know that does not help much, but I hold out hope that he had been unconscious before being burned...and, that once burned, it was so extensive that nerves and conduction impulses were disrupted and his pain was less.

I have nothing to say about MN. I usually do have something to say. But I just can't find the words for how I feel about this person.

God Bless you, Jonathan, and I know you are now safe in God's Arms. He's got all the newest video games, and all the time in eternity to play them.

Best-
Herding Cats

I would have to go back and find the posts in this thread. I just glanced over reading posts and caught the one about one is thinking this and the other didn't think the same thing (paraphrasing).

The posts would be at the 6:00 PM CST zone or 7:00 EST for me.

I'm wondering if motive is something investigators are in disagreement about. I didn't see the 6 PM broadcast but this part of the article made me wonder:

As for a motive, one HPD investigator said officers believe sexual abuse was behind the crime.

The officer said there is no evidence to confirm the theory at this point, but police say there was no ransom demand after the boy was kidnapped, so one officer said, "That's the only other motive (that makes any sense)."

Plasma cutters (torches) have taken over the use of oxy-acetylene in most places. JMO

My hubby has so many different types including the ones you have listed. In fact I gave him a plasma cutter for Christmas. However oxygen and acetylene are still the top sellers in the gas-welding industry.

If you travel any at all you will see the AirProducts and AirGas semis all over the united states delivering oxygen and acetylene on a daily basis.

IMO

Re the trash can, welding equipment and acetylene cylinders mentioned at yesterday's presser, as per TheHinkyMeter Site:

Jonathan’s body was completely burned, but was not burned at the location it was found. A crime dog capable of detecting accelerants used in arsons was brought to Jonathan’s body and did not hit for the presence of accelerants. During the search of Mona’s house it was discovered she was a welder and had welding equipment, including acetylene cylinders, at her home. (During this portion of the press conference the trash can was referred to again, but the statement about what it contained was interrupted and never completed.)

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/1...ress-conference-covers-timeline-and-evidence/

On the Justice for Jonathan facebook page, someone brought up the point that at the press conference it was stated the Medical examiner had said that he was not burned while alive. Does anyone remember that?

Yes, just listened to it, and transcribed the relevant part. At 9:40 in this video.

Reporter asks: "Is there a possibility he was burned alive?"

Detective says: "I don't believe that, no. There's not. We've already conferred with the district, uh, the medical examiner's office, and that possibility does not exist."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

Beyond Belief, I can totally relate. Today we left my mom's to head home, and our kids played one more time with their cousins, I was reminded of Jonathan living with Renee, Glen, and their children out in the country - riding the 4-wheeler.

Here's a picture Renee posted of Jonathan and his cousins during a very happy time in his short life:

000_1327-1.jpg
I saw the pictures, but thanks for bringing it forward.
We need to endure the details in this case so we know and are aware of the evils out there. If only we could find a way to protect people from becoming victims.
Articles said the they found twine on him, so that didn't burn, I thought that was odd.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7359495.html

<snipped> near the end of the article under "Evidence Detailed"

Arson dogs detected no accelerant on Jonathan's body, he said, adding that Nelson possibly used welding torches at her home. An autopsy found no soot in the boy's lungs, so Miller said Jonathan likely was not alive when he was burned

NOTE: While this article is dated December 31, 2010, it was originally published on December 30, 2010. (Thanks imamaze, found in media links thread post #14)

Just like to much with this case, conflicting statements contiue

"I've never seen burns like this," said one officer who viewed the boy's body after it was found in a ditch off the Hardy Toll Road on Tuesday.

the burning was so intense and thorough that many veteran homicide investigators are struggling with the notion of such a grisly and painful way to die."

I'm struggling with how the twine survived unless it was put on after death

Hi OCB! What soot would there be from an oxy-acetylene torch? With your husband having such extensive experience with these types of torches.. what would his opinion be about the presence of "soot" from the oxy-acetylene torch?..TIA

**Thank you for giving us your insight from your husband's experience..it's greatly appreciated because what can be found, googled, and read over the internet usually doesn't suffice with the details many of us sleuthers are wanting to know..:)

Yes, just listened to it, and transcribed the relevant part. At 9:40 in this video.

Reporter asks: "Is there a possibility he was burned alive?"

Detective says: "I don't believe that, no. There's not. We've already conferred with the district, uh, the medical examiner's office, and that possibility does not exist."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

I so hope that is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members