TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joshua Brown's testimony
Brown testified that he met Jean the day he was killed. He said he was down the hall from his apartment when he heard the voices of two people who sounded like they were meeting by "surprise." The gunshots followed "right after," he said.
Soon after, from his apartment balcony, Brown said he saw Guyger come out to the hallway from Jean's apartment on the phone. She was "crying, explaining what happened, what she thought happened, saying she came in to the wrong apartment," he said.
Through his peep hole, Brown said he also saw the former officer "going back, back and forth on the phone."
"And then, I think she went back inside, then came back out," said Brown, who lived across the hallway from Jean.
During testimony, Brown broke down and wiped away tears with his T-shirt. Jean's family members could be heard crying softly.
Botham Jean's neighbor who testified in Amber Guyger trial fatally shot in Dallas - CNN

Last edited:
I live in Dallas, this is so personal to me. I so admired Joshua Brown. At the beginning of his testimony it was hard to get past his attire but by the time he finished his testimony I thought what a fantastic young man he was. What he was wearing meant nothing compared to what he showed on the stand. Now to hear he's been murdered is a punch in the gut. RIP dear Joshua. You did so right by Botham and his family. You were a hero. I hate to think of the added pain this will cause the Jean family. I can only imagine it will hit them hard. So much pain.

Merritt said Brown’s murder “underscores the reality of the black experience in America.”

“Brown deserves the same justice he sought to ensure the Jean family,” Merritt wrote on Facebook. “The Dallas County criminal justice system must mobilized to identify his killer and see that he is held accountable for this murder.”
Key Witness in Amber Guyger Trial Gunned Down in Dallas

OMG...what's being reported as to the how, what, why, etc.? The Guyger trial may have nothing to do with this

Nobody deserves to be shot dead in the parking lot of their apartment, and it's painful to know the nobleman recently watched on camera had such a violent death.

However, I also agree that his death may have nothing to do with AG's trial or his testimony -- in fact I believe it's more likely not related than related.

Although JB resided in Dallas since 2008, he testified he had no current work in Dallas, but was managing three AirBnB properties located in LA and Atlanta. I'm active with AirBnB and most managers frequent their properties whether to check in guests, inspect property, market the residence, and/or do maintenance.

No telling what may have followed JB to Dallas -- including somebody from Florida that had a beef with JB and only recently learned he lived in Dallas.

It's reported that "he lived in fear" of being shot -- why is that? Perhaps he believed he was being sought by somebody.

JB testified of his criminal record for single misdemeanor offense, and felony substance possession. That's nothing to be fearful about.

A tragic and violent loss of life, but seems unfair to link to the trial. I find that troubling...more like baiting.

MOO

That Brown was shot in the mouth makes it more difficult to believe his murder wasn't related to Guyger's trial.

I live in a high crime city with a very high murder rate. I've never heard of any victim being shot in the mouth at close range. Ever.

Joshua Brown was killed at the Atera Apartments at 4606 Cedar Springs, Dallas. This was not his own apartment complex (where Botham Jean was killed). Rather it was about a 10 minute drive away. Questions - was this a controlled access apartment? How did Joshua get in there? Who was he going to visit?

Atera Apartments in Dallas Texas

That Brown was shot in the mouth makes it more difficult to believe his murder wasn't related to Guyger's trial.

I live in a high crime city with a very high murder rate. I've never heard of any victim being shot in the mouth at close range. Ever.
We haven't heard from Dallas PD that he was shot in the mouth so we really don't know that yet. A witness claims he was shot in the back and hip. Stay tuned for details.

Nobody deserves to be shot dead in the parking lot of their apartment, and it's painful to know the nobleman recently watched on camera had such a violent death.

However, I also agree that his death may have nothing to do with AG's trial or his testimony -- in fact I believe it's more likely not related than related.

Although JB resided in Dallas since 2008, he testified he had no current work in Dallas, but was managing three AirBnB properties located in LA and Atlanta. I'm active with AirBnB and most managers frequent their properties whether to check in guests, inspect property, market the residence, and/or do maintenance.

No telling what may have followed JB to Dallas -- including somebody from Florida that had a beef with JB and only recently learned he lived in Dallas.

It's reported that "he lived in fear" of being shot -- why is that? Perhaps he believed he was being sought by somebody.

JB testified of his criminal record for single misdemeanor offense, and felony substance possession. That's nothing to be fearful about.

A tragic and violent loss of life, but seems unfair to link to the trial. I find that troubling...more like baiting.

MOO
BBM . . . MOO but any young black man that doesn't have the fear of being shot would be the exception. Not that it matters but I'm a white woman in her 60's and I've said for years if I had a black son, I would be terrified every time he walked out the door. It's a sad fact of the world we live in and those that pretend it's not haven't been paying attention.
I read that Botham wore Polo shirts and was always aware of his appearance with being a young black man in mind.
I don't know if Joshua's murder had anything to do with Botham's trial or not but surely you must agree that that aspect must be thoroughly investigated. Stranger things have surely happened.

BBM . . . MOO but any young black man that doesn't have the fear of being shot would be the exception. Not that it matters but I'm a white woman in her 60's and I've said for years if I had a black son, I would be terrified every time he walked out the door. It's a sad fact of the world we live in and those that pretend it's not haven't been paying attention.
I read that Botham wore Polo shirts and was always aware of his appearance with being a young black man in mind.
I don't know if Joshua's murder had anything to do with Botham's trial or not but surely you must agree that that aspect must be thoroughly investigated. Stranger things have surely happened.

Really? His violent death should be thoroughly investigated regardless of his skin color, race, or creed, and his assailant brought to justice. Why wouldn't it be?

Really? His violent death should be thoroughly investigated regardless of his skin color, race, or creed, and his assailant brought to justice. Why wouldn't it be?
I'm not sure I understand your reply. It's so difficult with text versus in person, easy to misunderstand. I don't mean to discount any violent death. Totally agree any violent death should be investigated and his assailant brought to justice. Totally agree.

Last edited:

Perhaps you missed the part about why Brown had every reason to fear being shot?

I have close friends who are black- including a cop- who have told me there are large sections of the United States of America they wouldn't dream of travelling to, for fear they wouldn't make it home alive.

Reality.

I have been watching way too much tv lately. I see conspiracies in almost any random coincidence. This is like an episode of "24", where a key witness in a trial about an officer involved shooting, ends up being shot immediately after the trial. After he provided substantial testimony that convinced the jury to convict Amber Guyger for murder.

Wow.

I have been watching way too much tv lately. I see conspiracies in almost any random coincidence. This is like an episode of "24", where a key witness in a trial about an officer involved shooting, ends up being shot immediately after the trial. After he provided substantial testimony that convinced the jury to convict Amber Guyger for murder.

Wow.
Yes.
Shivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads