TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Brown lived in constant fear that he could be the next victim of gun violence," Merritt wrote. "Brown deserves the same justice he sought to ensure the Jean family."

Merritt wrote he had spoken with Brown's mother and "she is devastated. We all are ... We need answers."

The attorney said Brown "had no known enemies. He worked for a living."

Brown attended college in southern Florida where studied interdisciplinary sciences. He previously was a roofing contractor for a few years and was managing four Airbnb's in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Dallas, CNN reported.

Brown said he met Jean for the first time in the hallway of the South Side Flats on the day Jean was killed.
Key witness in trial of Dallas police officer shot to death

According to the Dallas Morning News, Joshua Brown, the neighbor of Botham Jean who testified in Amber Guyger’s trial, was found shot dead at a Dallas apartment complex.
upload_2019-10-5_23-45-37.jpeg
People are also posting RIP on Joshua Brown’s personal Facebook page following the shooting, further confirming his identity, though the Dallas Police Department hasn’t released an official statement.

Dallas County prosecutor Jason Hermus, the lead prosecutor in the Guyger case, said Saturday that Brown stood up at a time when others won’t say what they know. It’s said this prosecutor confirmed it was Joshua Brown who was shot about 10:30 p.m. in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road.

Joshua Brown was 28 years old, originally from Florida, but moved to Texas in 2008. He testified in defense of Botham Jean on day two of Amber Guyger’s trial.

According to Brown, he was home at the time Botham Jean was shot. He remembers looking out of the peephole, seeing Amber Guyger.
Death / Obituary : Neighbor who testified against Amber Guyger shot and killed in Dallas joshua brown dallas . - Market News

BREAKING: Neighbor who testified against Amber Guyger shot and killed in Dallas

Is there a lady who shot video of Botham Jean asking "Why did you shoot me?" I see people posting on twitter this but I haven't read that before?

I really hope this killing is not related to the Guyger case.

“His murder underscores the reality of the black experience in America,” Mr. Merritt said of Mr. Brown. “A former athlete turned entrepreneur — Brown lived in constant fear that he could be the next victim of gun violence, either state sanctioned or otherwise. Brown deserves the same justice he sought to ensure the Jean family.”

05xpwitness3-articleLarge.jpg

Mr. Brown testified about the night of the fatal shooting, saying that he had heard gunshots after a surprise encounter between his one-time neighbors.

05xp-witness2-alt-popup.jpg

Witness in Murder Trial of Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger Fatally Shot, Lawyer Says

upload_2019-10-6_0-37-45.jpeg
Joshua Brown’s testimony

Brown testified that he met Jean the day he was killed. He said he was down the hall from his apartment when he heard the voices of two people who sounded like they were meeting by “surprise.” The gunshots followed “right after,” he said.

Soon after, from his apartment balcony, Brown said he saw Guyger come out to the hallway from Jean’s apartment on the phone. She was “crying, explaining what happened, what she thought happened, saying she came in to the wrong apartment,” he said.

Through his peep hole, Brown said he also saw the former officer “going back, back and forth on the phone.”

“And then, I think she went back inside, then came back out,” said Brown, who lived across the hallway from Jean.

During testimony, Brown broke down and wiped away tears with his T-shirt. Jean’s family members could be heard crying softly.
Joshua Brown, key witness in Amber Guyger murder trial and neighbor of Botham Jean, shot to death in Dallas

Last edited:
Such heartbreak in the world. . .another young person taken too soon by gun violence in the United States. . .whether it is tied to the AG trial or not (or even if it is a case of mistaken identity), it remains to be a horrific tragedy. How does anyone grow up to become a murderer? How does anyone live with himself/herself after ending the life of another human being? Someone took the life of this young man--someone's son, brother, cousin, friend, loved one--how dare they do this! Just so incredibly sad. . .

Very telling that he didn’t have any identification on him. I’m not very street smart, but know enough that missing identification happens in a hit.

And to be shot in the mouth! If DPD is behind it, they are bold! I wonder if his chest wound was also on his left side like Bo’s was.

Joshua was such a fine and nice young man who did the right thing. May he Rest In Peace and justice be served.
Was his wallet stolen in a robbery, perhaps? I very seriously doubt anyone in DPD would relatiate for Amber Guyger. They are no doubt glad she is gone IMO.

That Brown was shot in the mouth makes it more difficult to believe his murder wasn't related to Guyger's trial.

I live in a high crime city with a very high murder rate. I've never heard of any victim being shot in the mouth at close range. Ever.
I'm not sure he was. Lee Merrit originally posted that tweet. Later he said he had been informed that Joshua had been shot in side and buttock.. It was highly irresponsible of him because now everybody has latched on to his first tweet and using it to further the DPD are the killers theory. We need to await report of preliminary autopsy from ME.
We have no indications of when that might happen, possibly today.
It's a crazy situation and tensions are running so high it's scary, mostly because of that tweet which may or may not be true.
Information is being withheld at the worst possible time.

Very telling that he didn’t have any identification on him. I’m not very street smart, but know enough that missing identification happens in a hit.

And to be shot in the mouth! If DPD is behind it, they are bold! I wonder if his chest wound was also on his left side like Bo’s was.

Joshua was such a fine and nice young man who did the right thing. May he Rest In Peace and justice be served.
this young man was on the witness stand for all to see....sure DPD was not happy however personally I think it is just another very angry person(s) and is related to his testimony. I have little doubt the investigation will be handled in a back room and as little as possible given to the public. I hope that the Jean family is back in St. Lucia.

I spent the whole night reading it. Broke my heart. Sensed a loneliness in him and a fear, and I genuinely really liked him.
He was utterly vibrant and alive and pretty soon after his last live video, he was extinguished like a candle in the wind. Oh God!

Such heartbreak in the world. . .another young person taken too soon by gun violence in the United States. . .whether it is tied to the AG trial or not (or even if it is a case of mistaken identity), it remains to be a horrific tragedy. How does anyone grow up to become a murderer? How does anyone live with himself/herself after ending the life of another human being? Someone took the life of this young man--someone's son, brother, cousin, friend, loved one--how dare they do this! Just so incredibly sad. . .
He was someone's father as well.

I spent the whole night reading it. Broke my heart. Sensed a loneliness in him and a fear, and I genuinely really liked him.
He was utterly vibrant and alive and pretty soon after his last live video, he was extinguished like a candle in the wind. Oh God!

Clearly even a quick browse of the facebook indicates a very broken man...Amber's actions have and will have wide reaching ramifications.

Was his wallet stolen in a robbery, perhaps? I very seriously doubt anyone in DPD would relatiate for Amber Guyger. They are no doubt glad she is gone IMO.
He had all his stuff on the table in the vid.. he would have had his phone on him, he would have had money.. I was unable to make out the exact time he made the vid? Can anybody, please?

“He was a passionate individual,” former USF offensive lineman Kofi Amichia said via text message Saturday evening. “A guy that always spoke his mind no matter what, and one of the funniest guys at USF. Could make anybody laugh.”

A native of Lancaster, Texas, Brown transferred to USF in 2012 from an Arizona junior college. He appeared in eight games in 2012, recording five of his 11 tackles in a dramatic 32-31 victory at Nevada.

He sustained a torn Achilles prior to the 2013 season and never played for the Bulls again.

Former Bulls cornerback Kayvon Webster described Brown as athletic and competitive, recalling his love for video games.

“I remember first meeting him and him talking to himself in the third person,” Webster said. “It was funny to me.”

Brown becomes the second member of USF’s 2012 team to be killed. Former Bulls defensive lineman Elkino Watson was fatally stabbed during an altercation in Ybor City in September 2015.

“Just sucks to see another brother lose their life so young,” Webster said.
Peers stunned over shooting death of former USF defensive back Joshua Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member