TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Kemp on CBS this morning in what they called an interview...really just a couple of seconds...she made it clear she is first and foremost a christian and it was the "christian" thing to do...says Guyger asked for the hugs. There are clearly two camps here as far as her actions...public sentiment is on her side...but her words today made me more clear in my belief that she crossed a line. In fact I quess I don't understand her doing interviews on this topic either.

"The murder of Botham Jean has raised troubling concerns from the beginning of the investigation, and now, the deeply alarming and highly suspicious murder of Joshua Brown increases the urgency of an immediate, independent investigation of every aspect of these two tragic killings," the defense fund said in a statement.

Sherrilyn Ifill, the defense fund's president, said it is critical to public confidence in the criminal justice system that witnesses who speak out against police violence are fully protected. Ifill said she supports the call by Jean's family for a comprehensive federal investigation of the Dallas Police Department.

“The circumstances surrounding the murder of Mr. Brown cries out for answers,” Ifill said. "We urge state or federal authorities to follow the trail of misconduct left by this case and fully investigate the circumstances surrounding Mr. Brown’s death."

Brown moved to California, but went back to Dallas to testify when prosecutors threatened to issue a warrant for his arrest, Merritt said.
'Deeply alarming.' NAACP wants Dallas police investigated after death of Guyger witness Joshua Brown

https://eb2.3lift.com/pass?tl_click...26;211;0/?ft_width=1&ft_height=1&url=21773683

I was wondering what story Mr. M was gonna come up with today.

From the article Below:

Two months after Jean's death, Brown was wounded by a gunman who killed another man outside a Dallas nightclub. Brown was concerned that shooter would be looking for him, Merritt said in a social media post Tuesday.
Brown moved to California, but went back to Dallas to testify when prosecutors threatened to issue a warrant for his arrest, Merritt said.
"Brown’s testimony was powerful but it was also duplicative," Merritt said. "Nothing he testified to couldn’t have been brought in by other witnesses. It wasn’t worth his life."
'Deeply alarming.' NAACP wants Dallas police investigated after death of Guyger witness Joshua Brown

From the article Below:

Two months after Jean's death, Brown was wounded by a gunman who killed another man outside a Dallas nightclub. Brown was concerned that shooter would be looking for him, Merritt said in a social media post Tuesday.
"Brown’s testimony was powerful but it was also duplicative," Merritt said. "Nothing he testified to couldn’t have been brought in by other witnesses. It wasn’t worth his life."
So now JB’s testimony was no longer “key” it was “duplicative”...ok

From the article Below:

Not once was it said he moved to California.... just that he managed an airbnb there. He had this apartment in Dallas, supposedly was going to Atlanta alot.... Just more confusion added. People travel in to testify, they don't move somewhere.

In that encounter, Mr. Brown and his friends were leaving the club when he ran into another man who had a “personal issue” with him and wanted to fight, according to court documents. Gunshots erupted, killing Nicholas Diggs.

Mr. Brown viewed a police photo lineup and identified the gunman and an accomplice.

A suspect, Kendall Morris, was charged with murder and aggravated assault; he posted bond and was released pending trial.

ETA:So he did identify the gunman. Why would he not have been arrested?

Good question. Also, why would JB need to look at LE photo lineups to identify someone who had a "personal issue" with him? Or to identify someone/two someones he supposedly already knew?

The NYT story doesn't attribute sources for the information in that article. Their version is also different from that told in both Texas articles.

NYT: Brown was leaving club when he "ran into" into someone who had personal issues with him who wanted to fight, gunshots erupted, the gunman "and an accomplice" fled.

TX: S2 entered club with murder on his mind, waited outside for Brown, they fought, Morris handed S2 a gun, S2 shot Brown and killed Diggs.

In the TX articles, only one witness (sounds like a bouncer) is cited for the record: that he saw S2 go into the club speaking of murder, wait for Brown outside, fight with Brown, have a gun handed to him by Morris, shoot & flee, as the (bouncer) tried to stop him.

"Other witnesses" supposedly saw Morris hand S2 the gun.

____
Here is the indictment against Morris, dated June 6, 2019.

EGWxok9W4AAY8Qr.jpg

Note that Morris wasn't indicted for shooting Brown. He WAS indicted for shooting and killing Diggs. Directly, not as an accessory.

I'm thinking if there really is a "suspect 2," he's the accessary/"accomplice" mentioned. And yep,it's difficult to make sense of LE's complete indifference to finding the actual shooter, especially if Brown identified him.

With what is known so far (not much and contradictory), Morris was the shooter, there isn't a S2 of significance OR S2 has already been identified by LE and is part of the State's case against Morris in whatever manner. jmo

The timing of Morris' indictment, June 2019, seems a far more probable explanation for Brown's murder than any of the conspiratorial speculations going on about LE involvement OR that Morris or unknown parties timed Brown's murder to try to implicate LE, etc. etc.

Good question. Also, why would JB need to look at LE photo lineups to identify someone who had a "personal issue" with him? Or to identify someone/two someones he supposedly already knew?

The NYT story doesn't attribute sources for the information in that article. Their version is also different from that told in both Texas articles.

NYT: Brown was leaving club when he "ran into" into someone who had personal issues with him who wanted to fight, gunshots erupted, the gunman "and an accomplice" fled.

TX: S2 entered club with murder on his mind, waited outside for Brown, they fought, Morris handed S2 a gun, S2 shot Brown and killed Diggs.

In the TX articles, only one witness (sounds like a bouncer) is cited for the record: that he saw S2 go into the club speaking of murder, wait for Brown outside, fight with Brown, have a gun handed to him by Morris, shoot & flee, as the (bouncer) tried to stop him.

"Other witnesses" supposedly saw Morris hand S2 the gun.

____
Here is the indictment against Morris, dated June 6, 2019.

View attachment 208181

Note that Morris wasn't indicted for shooting Brown. He WAS indicted for shooting and killing Diggs. Directly, not as an accessory.

I'm thinking if there really is a "suspect 2," he's the accessary/"accomplice" mentioned. And yep,it's difficult to make sense of LE's complete indifference to finding the actual shooter, especially if Brown identified him.

With what is known so far (not much and contradictory), Morris was the shooter, there isn't a S2 of significance OR S2 has already been identified by LE and is part of the State's case against Morris in whatever manner. jmo

The timing of Morris' indictment, June 2019, seems a far more probable explanation for Brown's murder than any of the conspiratorial speculations going on about LE involvement OR that Morris or unknown parties timed Brown's murder to try to implicate LE, etc. etc.
Thank you for posting the indictment. Yes it is clear the GJ believes Morris is the actual shooter.
The Times article states their source is court records. As do the Texas articles. Would be nice to know what court records these outlets have received that they are interpreting differently. Moo

This is what makes most sense right now.
Joshua testified on Day 2 of her trial, he was murdered 10 days after the verdict.
If that group did it, they had time to plan and time to stalk him they knew his address from day 2.
He wouldn't have stood a chance.
I don't understand why he didn't get witness protection. It's almost as if he was intentionally left wide open for whoever targeted him. Because now he won't be there for AG appeals. How convenient eh????
Also why wasn't suspect number 2 ever arrested????? Is number 2 an informant for them?????? It's not like that kind of thing never happened. Where an informant had free reign, and committed murders,while acting as an informant. Can't remember which case it was.
I do hope they call in the FBI on this one. For integrity of the case,and for true justice.
MOO

It's clear Brown was (understandably) afraid of Morris. It's entirely unclear if he even knew Morris beforehand, and if so, to what degree and in what manner.

The "personal issue" Morris had with Brown, if that's even accurate, could have arisen from something that happened at a club earlier that night, something as stupid as Morris feeling dissed by something Brown, a stranger, did at the club.

FWIW, I had a similar (thankfully non-lethal) encounter, decades ago, when I worked as a restaurant/bar manager.

After we closed up at 2AM, a bunch of us would sometimes go to the only bar around that stayed open until 4AM. On one of those nights - the place completely jammed, as usual, I was standing squeezed up next to a guy I didn't know & hadn't seen before. We talked for a little bit (yelled ;) and that was it.

Later, as I walked out with friends, one of them asked me if I knew the guy I'd been talking to earlier. Then warned me he was the BF of the biggest cocaine dealer in our county (eek) and his GF the dealer kept him on a short leash and to stay clear of him.

No problem, right? Went home, slept. Woke up to find all four of my car tires slashed. In a very nice, very suburban neighborhood where "these things" never happen. Didn't have to guess who, anyway, because she apparently put the word out worse would happen if any one "caught" me near him again. Never went to that bar again, and stayed very afraid for a very long time.

Thank you for posting the indictment. Yes it is clear the GJ believes Morris is the actual shooter.
The Times article states their source is court records. As do the Texas articles. Would be nice to know what court records these outlets have received that they are interpreting differently. Moo

The NYT article cites "court records" in the paragraph describing events the night of the shooting. The most likely record referred to is M's arrest warrant.

What I was questioning, though, was the NYT's source for the assertion Brown had cooperated with LE, looked at photo line ups, and identified both "the shooter and accomplice."

“The circumstances surrounding the murder of Mr. Brown cries out for answers,” Ifill said in a statement. “Most importantly, it demands an independent investigation of how and why he was killed.”

“We are committed to solving this case and will work diligently to apprehend the individuals responsible for Brown’s death,” Hall said in a written statement.

How to contact police about the case
Anyone with information about the shooting may contact Detective Jacob White at 214-671-3690 or email jacob.white@dallascityhall.com and refer to the case number, 202433-2019.

Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case. To make an anonymous tip, call 214-373-8477.

NAACP legal defense fund calls for independent investigation into death of Joshua Brown | The Crusader Newspaper Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!