TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From press conference. Early on i made a comment about drug deal and got raked over the coals for it. Airbnb has been known to be a money laundering for such and a reason to travel to certain places. Occam's razor... I dare say same thing from last year's shooting. They have someone in custody... 2 to go.

I think one needs to ask themselves where Merritt is getting his inaccurate unverified information from? Until LE, the prosecution, or Judge Kemp confirms that JB went to them with his concerns and they denied him protection I am not going to take Merritt for his word. I do not find him to be a credible source. Nothing he has said since Friday night has been accurate. Everything he has said has been refuted the following day. And every day he comes up with a new story to fit his own agenda.
For 3 days he asserted that JB was a key witness and that JB would be a key witness in his civil suit. 3 days he led the public to believe this was why a hit was placed on JB by LE to keep him from talking. Now he wants to say JB was duplicative and could have been replaced? Essentially confirming there would be no need for LE to murder JB because his testimony wasn’t needed.
Yes I do believe there is absolutely a way he would say those but things that are not true. And they too will be refuted. JMO
So DPD took the heat for a few days and let Mr Merritt show all his true character with his ever-changing story - they let him hang himself with his own inflammatory and dishonest words. I don't have a problem with it jmo

So DPD took the heat for a few days and let Mr Merritt show all his true character with his ever-changing story - they let him hang himself with his own inflammatory and dishonest words. I don't have a problem with it jmo

It won't matter. How many times have we seen the usual suspects spread hateful rumors, yet people still buy into their BS?

And he sure did. Like how it was pointed out in press conference too. Agendas... Some of us can see right through them. Long way to drive for pot though... Unless this was a regular thing

JB testified he was self-employed managing two AirBnB's in LA, and one in Atlanta. It makes sense he was in California prior to the trial.

Unfortunately -- here we have Lee Merritt again forcing his personal narrative that JB fled to CA to avoid testifying, because he was fearful for his life.

And finally, Merritt states that JB's testimony was duplicative. Nothing he testified to couldn't have been brought in by other witnesses. bbm

So much for JB being the key witness that sealed AG's fate, and that got him killed by DPD. (And JB to be his first witness in civil suit against city of Dallas).

Amber Guyger witness Joshua Brown fled Texas to avoid testifying | Daily Mail Online

It won't matter. How many times have we seen the usual suspects spread hateful rumors, yet people still buy into their BS?

I checked in on Facebook and read comments associated with the news of the ones arrest and two arrest warrants. Some people are STILL subscribing to Merritt’s stories! Surely they read the article from the investigating agency.....right? SMH

And I love the DPD tweet after the series of tweets about the arrests:

The rumors shared by community leaders that Mr. Brown’s death was related to the Amber Guyger trial and that DPD was responsible are false. We encourage those leaders to be mindful because their words may jeapordize the integrity of the city of Dallas and DPD.
@ChiefHallDPD

Not sure what you are suggesting. That "activists" (of what movement, exactly?) killed Brown to "propel their movement forward even more"? I haven't heard any suggestion Brown was targeted by white supremacists, about the only "movement" I can think of interested in killing Jewish people & people of color to advance their cause.

Suggesting that Brown might have been killed over a "drug deal gone bad" isn't puzzling, just frankly offensive.
Rbbm

Not only was it a drug deal gone bad, JB was the drug dealer.

Three men came from Alexandria LA to buy drugs from JB. Confiscated 12 lbs of marijuana from JB Apt, along with 4000 cash and guns. Thaddeus Green Shot JB in an altercation in parking lot. The men took his backpack and gun. The three men are considered armed and dangerous. They believe the men are back in Louisiana.

It is simply untrue that DPD is involved in this. Leaders need to be mindful... . All from press conference.

Suspects are 3 black males, Mitchell 20, Mitchell 32 and Green 22.
Thank you for this summary of the presser. I had wondered how anyone could make a living just managing a couple of AirBnB's, how that sort of side job would pay the rent at Southside Flats or Atera.

Question: If AG files an appeal, do the unknown activities of this prosecution witness have bearing?

I checked in on Facebook and read comments associated with the news of the ones arrest and two arrest warrants. Some people are STILL subscribing to Merritt’s stories! Surely they read the article from the investigating agency.....right? SMH

The rumors shared by community leaders that Mr. Brown’s death was related to the Amber Guyger trial and that DPD was responsible are false. We encourage those leaders to be mindful because their words may jeapordize the integrity of the city of Dallas and DPD.
@ChiefHallDPD
LBM

Thanks for sharing this, @Mm9701 .

Like I pointed out previously; the DPD wouldn't retaliate in support of a fellow cop who made them look incompetent.... and that's exactly what Ms. Guyger did.

Imo ; that's not how they roll !

Last edited:
WOW!
Fully credible.
(we weren't even close!!)
Respect to him for taking the jab at Merritt!
He was dead right to do it and his rationale is sound and safe.
He did so much harm and he will not find himself welcome in police precincts from now on.
Josh was dealing- marijuana..
BUT- there is no need for anybody to travel any distance to purchase marihuana in the US??
(I missed the bit about guns- did he say he was dealing guns as well? I heard the bit about his own gun being confiscated by his 'business associates'
Do these associates have any known contact with Morris or the P2 in the November killing?

@ChiefHallDPD

Some people don’t let silly things like “facts,” get in the way of a narrative they want to be true.

WOW!
Fully credible.
(we weren't even close!!)
Respect to him for taking the jab at Merritt!
He was dead right to do it and his rationale is sound and safe.
He did so much harm and he will not find himself welcome in police precincts from now on.
Josh was dealing- marijuana..
BUT- there is no need for anybody to travel any distance to purchase marihuana in the US??
(I missed the bit about guns- did he say he was dealing guns as well? I heard the bit about his own gun being confiscated by his 'business associates'
Do these associates have any known contact with Morris or the P2 in the November killing?

I think this is completely unrelated to that November shooting.

If the account is accurate (which I believe to be the case), JB fired first. If this was some sort of a hit, they probably wouldn’t have given him that opportunity.

Engage in illegal activity like this, and you make a lot of enemies, and put yourself in dangerous situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member