TX - Joshua Brown, 27, (witness in Amber Guyger trial), shot and killed, Dallas, 4 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why he didn't get witness protection. It's almost as if he was intentionally left wide open for whoever targeted him. Because now he won't be there for AG appeals. How convenient eh????
Also why wasn't suspect number 2 ever arrested????? Is number 2 an informant for them?????? It's not like that kind of thing never happened. Where an informant had free reign, and committed murders,while acting as an informant. Can't remember which case it was.
I do hope they call in the FBI on this one. For integrity of the case,and for true justice.
MOO
I’m not one who is buying Mr M’s recent story today. But if There is any truth to this story then the better question would be where was Mr M in all this? JB was testifying For the state to assist in the case for Mr. M’s client. He proclaims himself to be a civil rights activist. Did he at any time fight for JB’s right for protection? Doubtful as I’m quite certain he could have made that happen. MOO

ETA: rewording

Last edited:
Judge Kemp on CBS this morning in what they called an interview...really just a couple of seconds...she made it clear she is first and foremost a christian and it was the "christian" thing to do...says Guyger asked for the hugs. There are clearly two camps here as far as her actions...public sentiment is on her side...but her words today made me more clear in my belief that she crossed a line. In fact I quess I don't understand her doing interviews on this topic either.

I do. Everyone in America has every right to do interviews, but foremost they also have a right to defend themselves, and explain why if they so choose.

Imo, Although more than ever before it seems so.. so..so many have become the worst suppressors of freedom of speech in modern times.

Now freedom of speech is only allowed IF they are ALL in lockstep with those who are suppressing other's equally protected entitled individual rights.

It seems that only self chosen individuals are deciding for all others they are the only ones who are entitled to speak. even though our own Constitution does NOT say anywhere it only applies to particular chosen individuals.

I have seen the judge's interview several times today. I have enjoyed it immensely, and hope to see more of it today, and the days to come.

She has a beautiful compassionate heart for all people.

She's an amazing judge who is confident, courageous, and very comfortable in who she is. I would love to see her on the supreme court someday.

All judges are to always preside with an even temperance, and mercy. They are not there to be hateful or revengeful or to please outsiders.

There is already way too much of that already as we seem to be drowning in the sea of reeking negativity. :(

She's a beautiful woman, both inside, and outside. How refreshing, and so badly needed more than ever.

God bless her, and her family.

Jmho

Last edited:
I’m not one who is buying Mr M’s recent story today. But if There is any truth to this story then the better question would be where was Mr M in all this? JB was testifying For the state to assist in the case for Mr. M’s client. He proclaims himself to be a civil rights activist. Did he at any time fight for JB’s right for protection? Doubtful as I’m quite certain he could have made that happen. MOO

It's one thing for Merritt to jump to conclusions after Brown was killed, and to put out unverified info about where Brown was shot and the like. That's irresponsible.

It's quite another thing to put on the record that Brown told prosecutors AND Kemp he was afraid and why. And that he fled the state. And that he actually met with Kemp in chambers about his fear of testifying.

There is no way he would say those things if they weren't true. Y'all think Kemp and the State wouldn't squash him like a bug if these are lies?

They are incredibly serious allegations. Merritt was NOT Brown's attorney, and wouldn't have the standing to intervene on Brown's behalf, even IF he knew about Brown's situation at the time.

What's outrageous, if true, isn't Merritt's rhetoric changing about the significance of Brown's testimony-big deal- but that the State pressured Brown to testify knowing he felt his life was at risk, but didn't offer him protection at trial (which Merritt has been consistent in saying).

Last edited:
It's one thing for Merritt to jump to conclusions after Brown was killed, and to put out unverified info about where Brown was shot and the like. That's irresponsible.

It's quite another thing to put on the record that Brown told prosecutors AND Kemp he was afraid and why. And that he fled the state. And that he actually met with Kemp in chambers about his fear of testifying.

There is no way he would say those things if they weren't true. Y'all think Kemp and the State wouldn't squash him like a bug if these are lies?

They are incredibly serious allegations. Merritt was NOT Brown's attorney, and wouldn't have the standing to intervene on Brown's behalf, even IF he knew about Brown's situation at the time.

What's outrageous, if true, isn't Merritt's rhetoric changing about the significance of Brown's testimony-big deal- but that the State pressured Brown to testify knowing he felt his life was at risk, but didn't offer him protection at trial (which Merritt has been consistent in saying).

I dont think that is fair unless it's been verified.

Have we had verified information he told the prosecutor this? Have they confirmed it to be true? Or is it what Merritt has said?

Imo, what Merritt has said holds no weight due to his own problems with truthfulness, and honesty.

How would he know anything in real time? He wasn't even involved with Joshua's family until he swooped in after someone had murdered him. So who has verified it was the case?

In the end the decision to testify is left up to those who choose to testify even more so if they have proof why they are fearful.

Did Joshua tell the state about being fearful to come forward due to him going to be the star witness in another upcoming murder trial? Telling them he was afraid he would be exposed to those he already feared were going to hunt him down before even the AGs trial testimony began?

His fear seemed to be more about him going to be the key witness in the trial later on rather than being among other witnesses in AGs.

If so, they may have protected him throughout the trial, but once it's over they arent responsible for doing it indefinitely.

It seems even with that fear Joshua continued his life as usual. Wasn't he murdered at night when he was going to his car?

They have many ADAs in the Dallas court system which do not know nor are involved in other upcoming murder trial.

Do you have a link where the state said he had told them everything happening in his life?

Tia

Jmho

From your link
Joshua Brown, a witness during the Amber Guyger murder trial, was killed in a drug deal, sources say

A large amount of marijuana was also seized from Brown’s apartment during a search, according to multiple officials. And authorities have gone to two houses in Louisiana looking for the suspects, an official said.

Dallas police are hosting a news conference at 1 p.m.

I think one needs to ask themselves where Merritt is getting his inaccurate unverified information from? Until LE, the prosecution, or Judge Kemp confirms that JB went to them with his concerns and they denied him protection I am not going to take Merritt for his word. I do not find him to be a credible source. Nothing he has said since Friday night has been accurate. Everything he has said has been refuted the following day. And every day he comes up with a new story to fit his own agenda.
For 3 days he asserted that JB was a key witness and that JB would be a key witness in his civil suit. 3 days he led the public to believe this was why a hit was placed on JB by LE to keep him from talking. Now he wants to say JB was duplicative and could have been replaced? Essentially confirming there would be no need for LE to murder JB because his testimony wasn’t needed.
Yes I do believe there is absolutely a way he would say those but things that are not true. And they too will be refuted. JMO

I don't understand why he didn't get witness protection. It's almost as if he was intentionally left wide open for whoever targeted him. Because now he won't be there for AG appeals. How convenient eh????
Also why wasn't suspect number 2 ever arrested????? Is number 2 an informant for them?????? It's not like that kind of thing never happened. Where an informant had free reign, and committed murders,while acting as an informant. Can't remember which case it was.
I do hope they call in the FBI on this one. For integrity of the case,and for true justice.
MOO
They can use his existing testimony for appeals. He stood in that courtroom and he stretched his hands out to illustrate proximity to Botham's door. He was looking and listening through the peephole. Had she given commands, it is highly likely he would have heard them distinctly. It seems she did not. FBI have a whole other way of running cases... not necessarily better . BUT, I agree he should at least have had someone close to his apartment, a visible police presence to deter what was a known threat.. And if DPD investigate this thoroughly, they will be working against themselves.
Of course they knew of his history and his fears and I think the Judge did too. And they knew of the forthcoming trial and the missing p2 (2nd person).

This will also shine a bright light on the November killing investigation..
Only hope is that somebody needs the bait money....will snitch for $100k..
They should have maintained a visible presence around his apartment, at least until the October murder trial is done. He was entitled to that. He did not have to testify, subpnoea or not when it was likely to put his life in danger.
I think that is why Hermus referred to his courage and compared it to others who had the same opportunity but refrained.

This makes me so sad . . .

Joshua Brown, a witness during the Amber Guyger murder trial, was killed in a drug deal, sources say
Arrest warrants have been issued for two suspects in connection with the death of Joshua Brown, who testified at the trial of former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger, according to several officials with knowledge of the investigation.
unable to open this link, unavailable in Europe.. what's the gist of it and is it credible?

Merritt has to insert himself into everything anti-police, and I’m learning, that what he says often has little merit. (pun intended)

The more I hear from him, the more I think that IF there really was an agenda to silence those speaking up against police, that Merritt would be someone they’d want to silence. Far more than JB.

Furthermore, there’d be more complaints filed against him for unauthorized practice of law. Much like his claim against DPD (like it or not, DPD is going to be suspect in JB’s murder), like it or not, he IS practicing law in the State of Texas without a license. Why not just get licensed in Texas, Merritt?

Does Lee Merritt represent Hispanics or White people? For being the self-proclaimed “people’s lawyer”, he sure does have a limited scope in his practice.

I’m very annoyed at Merritt, in case you can’t tell.

Sometimes I wonder if Merritt’s involvement delays justice for victims.....

Merritt has to insert himself into everything anti-police, and I’m learning, that what he says often has little merit. (pun intended)

The more I hear from him, the more I think that IF there really was an agenda to silence those speaking up against police, that Merritt would be someone they’d want to silence. Far more than JB.

Furthermore, there’d be more complaints filed against him for unauthorized practice of law. Much like his claim against DPD (like it or not, DPD is going to be suspect in JB’s murder), like it or not, he IS practicing law in the State of Texas without a license. Why not just get licensed in Texas, Merritt?

Does Lee Merritt represent Hispanics or White people? For being the self-proclaimed “people’s lawyer”, he sure does have a limited scope in his practice.

I’m very annoyed at Merritt, in case you can’t tell.

Sometimes I wonder if Merritt’s involvement delays justice for victims.....
LBM

First bolded : Lol ! :)

Second bolded : That's a scary thought.
Reminds me of that man who was the 'spokesperson' for Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens. At least he made her open her mouth a bit more.
Sorry, I meant : Or speak up about what she knew.
And I think she was involved more than she let on. MOO

Three men came from Alexandria LA to buy drugs from JB. Confiscated 12 lbs of marijuana from JB Apt, along with 4000 cash and guns. Thaddeus Green Shot JB in an altercation in parking lot. The men took his backpack and gun. The three men are considered armed and dangerous. They believe the men are back in Louisiana.

It is simply untrue that DPD is involved in this. Leaders need to be mindful... . All from press conference.

Suspects are 3 black males, Mitchell 20, Mitchell 32 and Green 22.

Thank you! From the article:

- arrest warrants issued for two persons
- drug deal gone bad
- large amount of marijuana in JB's apartment
- searching in Louisiana for suspects

It sounds to me like LE has a very strong lead like maybe a LA license plate, surveillance video, etc.

Unfortunately Mr M unleashed a conspiracy theory with wrong info from the first hours, and I don't need to go read Twitter/FB to imagine what is being said there about DPD planting drugs, suspects are patsies, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member