TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see how Joshua just wandered off with no trace - the dogs didn't pick up his trail. Praying for a miracle now ... just holding on to hope that he is okay somewhere. This is heartbreaking.

This is so sad that little Joshua has not been found yet!

And so mysterious. Is it at all possible that a wild animal--cougar, maybe?--could be responsible for snatching the boy if he wandered outside?

Does anyone know if that area has cougars?

With all the visitors in the house, I'm going to throw out another option here... Could an accident (punishment gone wrong or something else?) have happened and a cover-up took place? I have a hard time believing that a large number of people could all keep something so quiet, but all it would take would be one adult to pull it off.

Otherwise, the most likely suspects (if he didn't wander off, which I doubt he did) would be the non-relatives.

And so mysterious. Is it at all possible that a wild animal--cougar, maybe?--could be responsible for snatching the boy if he wandered outside?

coyotes & foxes, but never heard about cougars in central TX - AFAIK, there's cougars in west TX where the mountains are.

Just checking in for the day..I can't believe little Joshua is still out there :(

Hopefully the FBI joining the search will help bring him home.

coyotes & foxes, but never heard about cougars in central TX - AFAIK, there's cougars in west TX where the mountains are.
We have had cases in the past here where coyotes have grabbed children that size sadly.

Again, little bit frustrated that they are bringing out the prison bloodhounds that we know are not good at trails this old.

I do know that buzzards are very prevalent around the river camping areas. My truck broke down in NB and we had to stay at our camp site for an extra week while it got fixed. I learned A LOT about the wildlife during that forced vacation.

We have had cases in the past here where coyotes have grabbed children that size sadly.

I've seen quite a few coyotes in the Austin area...and one nite DBF & I heard a pack of them howling - in town, just off MoPac in a little stand of trees....his dad lives close to where we saw their eyes shining & heard the howling - he thinks they hang around to eat cats. :(

I can't see how Joshua just wandered off with no trace - the dogs didn't pick up his trail. Praying for a miracle now ... just holding on to hope that he is okay somewhere. This is heartbreaking.

I agree. And from looking at the map of the house, the back yard was fenced in. And it was the front door that was reported not to latch well in the early notices although the mom later said the doors were locked (maybe it was cleared up - anyone know?).

So if he went out the front door, he likely would have just walked to the street. Because all of the homes appear to have fences or at least fences separating the property from the "open areas" surrounding the neighborhood, I think it is more than likely that he was wondering in the street and would have been found.

I still think he did not wander off, but here are some overhead shots of the exact house. (I see MsFacetious found it, too...)... Since it wasn't the address coming up on Google maps, I didn't know how to mark the map, so I just took a screen shot. But if you look you'll see he really would have had no where to go quickly but to the street out front. And I find it hard to believe that there would be someone waiting to snatch him, IF they have cleared the RSO across the street:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-08 at 4.11.22 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-08 at 4.11.22 PM.png
    465.9 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen shot 2011-02-08 at 4.11.38 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-08 at 4.11.38 PM.png
    414.7 KB · Views: 159

Sometimes, and I may get skinned for this, I don't think dogs and/or their handlers are up to the job. It may be that the wrong kind of dogs are used. Those not totally in the know may call for a dog which is not trained/certified for the job they want them to do. I've seen handlers on TV who seem to point the dog in the direction the handler, not the dog wants to go. I do not believe all dogs or their handlers are created equal for all jobs.

My opinion only

I agree. And from looking at the map of the house, the back yard was fenced in. And it was the front door that was reported not to latch well in the early notices although the mom later said the doors were locked (maybe it was cleared up - anyone know?).

So if he went out the front door, he likely would have just walked to the street. Because all of the homes appear to have fences or at least fences separating the property from the "open areas" surrounding the neighborhood, I think it is more than likely that he was wondering in the street and would have been found.

I still think he did not wander off, but here are some overhead shots of the exact house. (I see MsFacetious found it, too...)... Since it wasn't the address coming up on Google maps, I didn't know how to mark the map, so I just took a screen shot. But if you look you'll see he really would have had no where to go quickly but to the street out front. And I find it hard to believe that there would be someone waiting to snatch him, IF they have cleared the RSO across the street:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hope I'm wrong, but that baby is lying in one of those fields.

Any talk of how they are searching the small ponds/large puddles in the area?

I read on CNN I think that a man at the party left for a while during the time the child went missing and then came back but is not considered a suspect. Also, if someone at a party says: 'I need to pick up some smokes at the store, be right back" for example, I would not walk them to the door and say goodbye.

Everyone was apparently there when he was found missing, from what I read.

So they were having a party and not watching television in the bedroom?

Hope I'm wrong, but that baby is lying in one of those fields.

I think it's possible but it seems to me that there are fences lining the back yards of all the homes, separating them from those fields. Of course there would be an open gate or the fence could be down in an area or have a gap, but what are the chances he'd find that exact spot. An 18-month-old boy, IMHO, would gravitate towards a car or a light or a bike - not the darkness (at least mine wouldn't have). There were other things to attract him, kwim?

MOO

Any talk of how they are searching the small ponds/large puddles in the area?

All I've read about is divers being brought in to search the small ponds & stock tanks, sarx.

Could he have climbed into a dryer, abandoned freezer, or car trunk? Fallen into a well?

Since the dogs could trace no scent he likely didn't walk away. Poor little guy. I hope they find him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brooks78