TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From that link, mention of the father, and mention of the friend leaving.

The boy's father, Joshua Davis Sr., told police his son could have slipped out the door when a friend left the family's home during a basketball game. Davis said his son likes “to run around the house, from the living room to the other rooms, back and forth.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...ler-in-New-Braunfels-998497.php#ixzz1DE93yYVm

How far could this child have walked? I am at a loss...
I know, it is possible, etc. that he covered miles, but really? In cold weather, no shoes, no jacket?
I hope LE has checked all of the trash containers at the trailer park (if it is a complex and not a single trailer.)

I had clicked on the map link posted earlier. I wasn't sure which house was Joshua's.

But I noticed garbage bins. Thought the same thing.

Map

I had clicked on the map link posted earlier. I wasn't sure which house was Joshua's.

But I noticed garbage bins. Thought the same thing.

Map

I think Josh's house is all the way down the street, on the left, and has a for sale sign in the yard...there is a tree with a twisted trunk in front of the house and it's about 8 houses from the corner of Klein...coming from Klein, the house would be on the right.

How far could this child have walked? I am at a loss...
I know, it is possible, etc. that he covered miles, but really? In cold weather, no shoes, no jacket?
I hope LE has checked all of the trash containers at the trailer park (if it is a complex and not a single trailer.)

This isn't making sense to me either. Wearing only socks on his feet and no shoes, it's freezing outside, how far could he have gotten? And what is with the door? With a toddler around one can't have a door that doesn't shut securely. :( MOO

Are there any holes or spaces under the mobile home?

None of this makes sense. Of course LE isn't going to announce to us what they suspect at this point, but I think it is telling that they DON'T think it is an abduction. Something happened in that house that caused the disappearance of this precious child.

Is the door that won't latch in the front? Off the living room? Where were they watching the basketball game.

eta
I also wonder when anyone last saw his ball that was later found on the mailbox (and how far the mailbox was from his yard).

If he went outside on his own and was playing in the yard, could someone have enticed him out of the yard with his own ball?

I read somewhere that he went out the back door.

That might have been my post from the day I was watching KEYE, an Austin TV channel....that's the only place I've heard the back door mentioned...and it was the reporter & not the parents.

One reason why I hoped they put the video up so I could watch & hear it again...media's so frustrating, ya know?

Texas Mist, I just read your post about the back door (on page 5 of this thread I think) and this about the ball.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_f3907074-3188-11e0-a507-001cc4c03286.html

Family friend Lee Jackson said, “There was one of (Joshua’s) toy balls found at the end of the block. It was on top of some mailboxes. There’s no way he got it up there by himself.”

Makes it sound like he had been playing with the ball IMO.

From link above.

Both of Joshua’s parents were present Saturday afternoon at the Klein Road Elementary search and rescue command site.
“I last saw my son around 8 last night,” said Josh Davis, Joshua’s father. “He was pulling on my beanie trying to take it off. He was behind my chair. When I told him to stop, he looked at me and smiled.
“That was the last time I saw him.”
Davis described Joshua as a cheerful, playful and loving boy.
“They have no leads,” said Sabrina Benitez, Joshua’s mother, through tears. “I last saw him around 7:40 p.m. in my room watching ‘Toy Story.’ When I realized he hadn’t come back to watch with me, I realized he was missing.”

Penshorn said the residence’s front glass door does not latch properly; therefore, Joshua could have pushed the door open and exited easily.

I wonder if a one-mile radius is enough of a grid.

Joshua, sweet guy, you're in my prayers.

1 mile is probably not enough, I thought they would have expanded that by today. Are they still searching the original 1-mile span?

Penshorn said the residence’s front glass door does not latch properly; therefore, Joshua could have pushed the door open and exited easily.

I thought it was the glass door, however, I also believed it would be too heavy for an 18 month old to push open; although it wouldn't take much of an opening for him to slip through. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro