TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so too. He reminds me of my son, butfor the life I'd
Me I cannot relate how a child with no known issued at 18 months can just run off. My son is almost 10 months. I watch him like a hawk. This is either a case of foul play of parents not watching their kids.

How can a rumor start that a child has been found so that police have to refute it? I don't understand...

I hope so too. He reminds me of my son, butfor the life I'd
Me I cannot relate how a child with no known issued at 18 months can just run off. My son is almost 10 months. I watch him like a hawk. This is either a case of foul play of parents not watching their kids.
bbm... this is my problem here... no way my son, when he was 18 months was ever out of my sight or out of my arms... and if he was wandering around our house ((which at the time was pretty big)) would I not be right behind him... scraping gram cracker paste off the walls from his little hands.. picking up toys... putting him down for a nap, etc...

am I a measure stick to hold up to this case? this family? most likely not... but I do not see how a mother cannot see her 18 month old for 20 minutes unless he was napping or playing with/engaged with another family member in another room..

throw the rotten tomatos now... I know that it is not wise to push our own parenting styles or even compare them in cases...

I will say that the 20 minute last seen time is impressive for this family... to call right away... so WHO LAST SAW HIM??? and I want to hear more about his person in the house who was changing their story...

Oh please God, let it be true...please let him be found alive!

I can't help but think about little Aisling Symes...she has a thread here...she was with her mother one second & gone the next...they didn't find this sweet 2yo angel until 8 days later in a storm drain. :(

Aisling, who had always been fascinated by anything mechanical, happily watched.

But the washing machine was not spinning properly. It was full of water and too heavy to move, so Mrs Symes decided to disconnect it.

The young mother fiddled around at the back with Caitlin and reconnected the hot tap, then turned to check on her toddler.

Aisling's big blue eyes, which were developing "a bit of tawny gold", gazed up at her. Now for the cold tap. Again, Mrs Symes turned to check. The toddler looked on, fascinated.

A bit more tightening at the back, then turn again ...

Empty space.

Utter panic.

"And then she was gone, she was just gone," said Mrs Symes yesterday, four harrowing days later.

Neighbour Cherie Tahitahi heard the screams.

Said Mrs Symes: "I was like, 'Where's Aisling?' and ran out, up and down the road and couldn't see her."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10602403

I did too nurse...our entire congregation prayed for him. I just do not understand why he has not been found. :cry:

well if the cadaver dogs dont' find him i hope le look at something other than him wandering off

I can't believe that LE is only focusing on one possibility here. They would still have to do the search, just like they did with Kyron, and most missing children. He still needs to be found and maybe they already searched some of the other trailers nearby and the home of the person Mom is pointing out.

New Braunfels Police spokesperson Mike Penshorn said an update posted by someone on a social media site indicating that Joshua Davis had been found were not true - to his knowledge.

"We have no indication that he has been found," Penshorn said.

Joshua has been missing since Friday night and as of 4:30 p.m. Sunday has not been located.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_7d9cae28-3241-11e0-893b-001cc4c03286.html

HIS facebook page says it was a false alarm...
that even family thought he had been found and was okay... again, how many babies are there wandering around?!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-FIND-Joshua-Davis/161420443907206

Some were claiming that they saw it announced on the news...

Some were claiming they were told by a family member taking down missing posters, that he was found and was okay.

Others were saying it was a different baby... how many babies are wandering around?!

It sounds like if family thought he had been found that all of the above may be true. They were taking down signs, might have called the media, etc. How does a mistake like that happen?

http://www.facebook.com/kgnbam

I don't understand this at all...it wasn't him? Another baby out on his own? What??

If he fell into a pond or stock tank, it could take even longer to find him....I wonder if they have any of those water-trained HRD dogs...I need to go find sarx!

I hate to beat the TES drum, but they could probably use some help with the water searching...

I hate to beat the TES drum, but they could probably use some help with the water searching...

All the family has to do is make the request and TES will descend upon that place in nothing flat. I adore Tim Miller and TES!

I wish we'd hear more about the friend who left the house and if/how his story changed.

Frigid weather dims hope for finding Texas toddler

© 2011 The Associated Press
Feb. 6, 2011, 3:53PM

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas[/URL] — Frigid cold and rugged terrain diminished rescuers hopes of finding an 18-month-old who had been missing for two days, and a police spokesman said Sunday the search effort had turned into a recovery mission.
Signs suggest Joshua Davis wandered out of his New Braunfels home in the Texas Hill Country on Friday evening, New Braunfels police Lt. Michael Penshorn said. There was no evidence of abduction. Police searched the home several times and went house to house in the area, a police statement said.
On Sunday, they brought in "cadaver" dogs to help find the child, Penshorn said. The dogs are trained to detect dead bodies.

More at link

I wonder what signs suggest he left the house on his own other than the door not being open/not latching.

How far could this child have walked? I am at a loss...
I know, it is possible, etc. that he covered miles, but really? In cold weather, no shoes, no jacket?
I hope LE has checked all of the trash containers at the trailer park (if it is a complex and not a single trailer.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro