TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE said on Saturday there was no evidence of foul play...the FBI comes to town & says they are investigating possibility of kidnapping.

So what are we to believe? LE's statements have waffled back & forth between he wandered off, possibility of abduction, abduction ruled out, and back to "“We're looking at all the possible scenarios" (from your link).

That said, I don't think anything is established for certain right now....LE's statements are confusing.

That is so true...I have been living in New Braunfels for the last 5 years, and I'm seriously concerned about the level of professionalism of the LE's communications. So much confusion, mixed messages, and the appearance of a lax attitude, regarding the initial first critical hours of this search. I'm sure the local LE is trying it's best, but they don't seem able to handle this serious missing child case. I think from the very beginning, they expected to find little Joshua quickly...having just solved a recent missing child case within a few hours of it being reported. I'm reluctant to admit, that I don't have much confidence in their actions right now.

If we had a presser we would have direct quotes from LE, instead of the reporters interpretation of what LE said. As it is, we don't have an updated statement, and it seems that they change angles on this case everyday. I understand not endangering an investigation, and I appreciate that they don't seem to be releasing too much info, but I'm completely confused. Everyone else has to be too.

the behavioral unit being on scene also does not sit well with me thinking he wandered off... they keep expanding the perimeter for a live wandering little boy and nothing.... nothing...

bottom line for me is that I am glad that LE has all the needed resources on their side for any type of scenario...

where are you little Joshua?

I agree, they aren't needed to determine the mindset for a missing 18 m/o toddler. However I also am very glad that multiple LE agencies are investigating what happened to this precious little boy. I pray he is found soon. :prayer:

As time goes by with all the searching and the perimeters expanding without finding this precious little child after 5 days ( who was without a jacket, wearing only socks) who was last seen in his own home with a number of adults (majority family) present, it raises questions, does it not honestly? As the scope of what could have happened narrows, I think we could see a lot more uncomfortable things happening playing out.

With a criminal investigation being mentioned along with the specialized team flying in, FBI, etc. I am glad they are determined to get to the bottom of what happened to Joshua, he deserves that, no matter what happened.

what do you all think that the parallel criminal investigation is about?

drug use/sell? (just hazarding a very wild guess--not founded by any facts other than what the lt stated in the link below)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20030976-504083.html

joshua's gf called 911---was he at the house that night or was he called by one of the parents?

I"m so sorry for any repetitive questions. I had my eyes dialated today and i can't see for crap. I am having the hardest time reading posts to catch up and such. I have to sign off soon. Thank you in advance with helping me to understand.

IMO - they are CYA'ing

Not My Kids, I can't wait to see you list of quotes & timeline when you have something. I realize things change all the time and it is always a work in progress; I always appreciate the talent and the time that goes into the work especially the timeline. :hug:

What do you all think that the parallel criminal investigation is about?

Drug use/sell? (just hazarding a very wild guess--not founded by any facts other than what the LT stated in the link below)

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20030976-504083.html

Joshua's GF called 911---was he at the house that night or was he called by one of the parents?

I"m so sorry for any repetitive questions. I had my eyes dialated today and I can't see for crap. I am having the hardest time reading posts to catch up and such. I have to sign off soon. Thank you in advance with helping me to understand.

Kat, that's interesting. I didn't realize it said parallel criminal investigations. I was thinking parallel investigations into Joshua's disappearance, such as the SAR investigation and the 'get-to-the-bottom-of-what-happened' investigation.

Now, I'm wondering if it may be possible that there may have been other things going on besides watching the ballgame? :waitasec:

Not My Kids, I can't wait to see you list of quotes & timeline when you have something. I realize things change all the time and it is always a work in progress; I always appreciate the talent and the time that goes into the work especially the timeline. :hug:

I'm getting there, but direct quotes are really hard to find without reviewing the videos, so I'm trying to do that now. I think there is at least a partial timeline last thread, so I'm going to find that asap.

It's hard for me to try to read into their statements when there are so many and they seem to be covering every possibility. I've pretty much given up on trying to read into anything any LEA says anymore, after months of Portland and their cryptic statements.

Kat, that's interesting. I didn't realize it said parallel criminal investigations. I was thinking parallel investigations into Joshua's disappearance, such as the SAR investigation and the 'get-to-the-bottom-of-what-happened' investigation.

Now, I'm wondering if it may be possible that there may have been other things going on besides watching the ballgame? :waitasec:

See - that's more of the confusion, IMO...another article quotes the Lt. differently:

"We do not believe that an abduction or kidnapping occurred," said Penshorn, adding that investigators "still believe that he did somehow slip out of the residence undetected, possibly wandering off. But we are also running a parallel investigation looking at other possibilities."

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_6f33b942-3464-11e0-9a8c-001cc4c002e0.html

Course, there may be yet another w/ a 'direct quote' that has the word criminal in it.

And I don't know if LE & the FBI & TX Rangers are all agreeing on the same possibilities, but I wish I did.....little Joshua needs to be found. :(

Parallel meaning homicide, abduction, wandered off scenarios all at once. They said the same thing with HD. IMO that is what they mean.

I think they've been doing this all along-the parallel investigations.

Parallel meaning homicide, abduction, wandered off scenarios all at once. They said the same thing with HD. IMO that is what they mean.

That is my interpretation also. They can't focus only on one possibility to the exclusion of all others. MOO

That is my interpretation also. They can't focus only on one possibility to the exclusion of all others. MOO

That's what I was thinking as well... UNTIL they started talking parallel "criminal" investigations. Of course, it's not a direct quote so we don't know if LE actually said "criminal" or not. To me, there would be one criminal and one SAR-type (wandered off) - but two criminal stands out to me, if it's true. MOO

That's what I was thinking as well... UNTIL they started talking parallel "criminal" investigations. Of course, it's not a direct quote so we don't know if LE actually said "criminal" or not. To me, there would be one criminal and one SAR-type (wandered off) - but two criminal stands out to me, if it's true. MOO

From your quote in your post #234, I interpreted it as one parallel criminal investigation (not plural).........along with the possibility he wandered off. MOO

From your quote in your post #234, I interpreted it as one parallel criminal investigation (not plural).........along with the possibility he wandered off. MOO

Makes sense...

I'm getting there, but direct quotes are really hard to find without reviewing the videos, so I'm trying to do that now. I think there is at least a partial timeline last thread, so I'm going to find that asap.

Thread 1 Noway post#194 of a timeline. Sorry IDK how to bring it over from a closed post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder