TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only hope this silence on the part of the media means that LE is getting closer to finding Joshua, and they are keeping quiet.

Me too. I can't understand why this isn't a story every day.

I can only hope this silence on the part of the media means that LE is getting closer to finding Joshua, and they are keeping quiet.

Or if not finding him, finding out what happened to him. I still believe someone is responsible for his "disappearance". MOO

Me too. I can't understand why this isn't a story every day.

I can see where reporters can't continue to have a story line when the LE is not releasing any info, but the papers could keep Joshua's picture with the word Missing on the front page. It wouldn't have to be too large. By the same token, the tv stations could keep his picture on the screen like they would a weather alert up in a corner.

I assume there is just no information to report since LE doesn't release anything. Are they still searching? Just so sad to think this baby has not been found.

It just seems unbelievable to me that a little 18 month old boy can be missing for a month, in cold weather no less, and not be found anywhere. Its like he and many other children have just disappeared into thin air with no trace left behind at all. Some children have been missing even longer and some are never found. Where do they all go? Why doesn't anyone see or know what happened to them? Sometimes I think all children when born should be fitted with a microchip that not only identifies them but can track them as well. Who cares if its an invasion of privacy if it saves the lives of children and allows lost children to be found. I'm so tired of America's children disappearing and huge amounts of time, money, and manpower being spent to locate them--only to come up empty. We microchip our pets, so why not our kids? And make it mandatory. Where are you little Joshua? Who can speak for you and tell us where you are?

I haven't been here for weeks, and coming here seeing nothing is frustrating and sad.

New article (pay to read one): http://herald-zeitung.com/news/local_news/article_3b40385c-5108-11e0-9da3-001cc4c002e0.html

Reward upped to 20k by Crime Stoppers and the FBI...

Notable quotes:

“I spoke with Detective Rankin earlier today. He was telling me they’re still waiting on items from the lab and to keep my eyes and ears open. That makes me feel they’re still on the job, and we’re still doing everything they’ve asked for us to do."-Joshua Davis, Sr.

I'm guessing this is the bucket and tarp? If so, could that lab move any slower?

Baby J****n is doing well, Davis said. He is staying with his mom’s mother, and Josh and Sabrina spend almost every evening with him, Davis said. “We both work, but we see (Jeiden) every single day — not a day goes by that we don’t see him,” he said. (Still Joshua Davis, Sr. speaking)

This is VERY interesting to me. I wonder why Baby J****n is not staying with his parents? A newborn baby needs its mommy, so I'm wondering if the baby was taken out of the home. At 3 weeks postpartum, why would Sabrina be working again---so much so that someone else needs to care for her child? Didn't both parents work when baby Joshua was around? What's the difference? SO many questions as you can see...

New article (pay to read one): http://herald-zeitung.com/news/local_news/article_3b40385c-5108-11e0-9da3-001cc4c002e0.html

Reward upped to 20k by Crime Stoppers and the FBI...

Notable quotes:

I'm guessing this is the bucket and tarp? If so, could that lab move any slower?

This is VERY interesting to me. I wonder why Baby J****n is not staying with his parents? A newborn baby needs its mommy, so I'm wondering if the baby was taken out of the home. At 3 weeks postpartum, why would Sabrina be working again---so much so that someone else needs to care for her child? Didn't both parents work when baby Joshua was around? What's the difference? SO many questions as you can see...

Maybe they're unable to focus on the new baby because Joshua is still missing. A new baby would not replace the baby who is missing.

I was back to work 2 week after I had my first baby - due to financial reasons. I wouldn't read too much into it.

IDK, I wonder who babysat Joshua while she or they worked? I can't imagine letting my baby so soon after birth live elsewhere...especially given this situation. I mean if my child disappeared from my own house, I would assume it would be a natural (instinctual maybe) to be paranoid with your other child. Of course, maybe this could be a reason though...if they feel their home isn't safe? IDK, this case just doesn't add up from day 1.

IDK, I wonder who babysat Joshua while she or they worked? I can't imagine letting my baby so soon after birth live elsewhere...especially given this situation. I mean if my child disappeared from my own house, I would assume it would be a natural (instinctual maybe) to be paranoid with your other child. Of course, maybe this could be a reason though...if they feel their home isn't safe? IDK, this case just doesn't add up from day 1.

But their child went missing from the home they are living in now. So they must have some suspicions or questions about the other people in the home or the immediate neighbors, IF they did not have anything to do with it themselves. So maybe they feel better not leaving their child alone in that home while they are at work. Maybe they wonder if the dad's gf or an uncle or a friend was the perp?

liltexans posted this video http://www.kens5.com/home/10000-rew...abouts-of-missing-18-month-old-118059424.html of the parents just a few days ago who state they strongly suspect their friend. This is another thing that bothers me, that they are sitting their so calm about the friend. IDK your child has been missing for about 40 days, you suspect your friend & you do what???

The father doesn't think his friend took one, but I believe the police stated everyone did (barring Mom) IIRC and the father took 3 by his own omission.

Why aren't they staying where the baby is staying? I can see not wanting the baby to be in the house where Joshua disappeared, but I don't understand them staying there either. Something is not right here.

Do we know for sure one way or another if CPS has become involved after the birth of the new baby? It sounds almost as if a care plan has been established, involving the grandmother as primary caregiver for at least awhile.

Do we know for sure one way or another if CPS has become involved after the birth of the new baby? It sounds almost as if a care plan has been established, involving the grandmother as primary caregiver for at least awhile.

We don't know. That's why I don't want to jump to any conclusions. I'm really not sure how I, personally, would be able to care for a newborn if I had a missing child. I can't imagine. :(

That is what I was thinking, and unless LE/CPS release that info we'll probably never know because of confidentiality in family courts...I don't think either parent would come right out and say it, instead they just allude to the fact that baby J****n lives elsewhere. Weird. Why would the parents stay in a house where something horrible happened? Why not go stay where the new baby is? It is SB's MOM...

I think in a case of this nature CPS would almost have to do its due diligence in the matter and seek a mutual agreement about the course of action for the immediate future. The decision could well be a mutual one and work well for both sides, for CPS and for the family - for the common good of both the baby and the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper