TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple thoughts..

This evening we went out to dinner and I saw a little 20 month old w/her Mom.. She was a little doll - but very unsteady on her feet ... I thought about the brush picture and discussion - no WAY that little guy could have gotten very far.. (I had forgotten how unsteady little ones are.. it's been awhile since I was around a toddler).

Drove out to their neighborhood the other day - it IS pretty "remote" in the sense that there are the two streets and the school .. Wasn't EXACTLY sure which house was theirs .. but even on a pretty Saturday afternoon there wasn't a ton of activity going on .. a few folks out .. but it wasn't a neighborhood full of folks out chatting that's for sure..

I wish they'd find him.. poor little guy.

Every child is different. At 8 months old one of my daughters was running all over, not unsteady on her feet at all.

You know I would totally agree, except for I've seen otherwise. I've made the mistake of saying "there is NO WAY the MP is in there", even pulled a dog or two off a trail because I thought they had to be wrong, only to find out that yes the child was in fact there. I can't make sense out of it, because logic says they wouldn't do that, but experience says they do, so I don't discount anything anymore, been wrong too many times.

When I was a bit older than Joshua I hid inside a tall, thick, woody old hedge. My grandmother was searching everywhere for me and only found me because I laughed.

Missing Toddler Update: Police Say Someone Knows What Happened

<snip>

McDonald says he believes there is someone out there who knows what happened to 18-month old Joshua Davis Jr., and that person needs to come forward and help end their investigation. To hear comments directly from Lt. McDonald, just click the Audio Clip link....

more here -- I haven't listened to the audio clip yet

http://kgnb.am/news/missing-toddler-update-police-say-someone-knows-what-happened

Boy, this makes it sound as if police are still stumped, and not just working on someone behind the scenes at all :(

My daughter walked at ten monthes. By 12 monthsshe was a pro. My niece is almost 2 and still pretty wobbly. The variations are huge imo. Wish we knew how well he walked/ran. Maybe his mom thought he couldnt have wondered off far, because he's not a good walker yet? Or that he couldn't navogate the stairs good enough? I'm thinking he was on the wobbly side.

Yes it really varies when a child is a pro, my boy was a pro at 10 months, walked the stairs as a pro at 15 months (that's when we removed the gates) where as my daugther, was much later to walk, she rolled for a very long time and she was speaking fluently before 2. My son who is now two, can be hard to understand.

Do we know about this cute little baby? nm, I see he was a good walker.

Missing Toddler Update: Police Say Someone Knows What Happened

<snip>

McDonald says he believes there is someone out there who knows what happened to 18-month old Joshua Davis Jr., and that person needs to come forward and help end their investigation. To hear comments directly from Lt. McDonald, just click the Audio Clip link....

more here -- I haven't listened to the audio clip yet

http://kgnb.am/news/missing-toddler-update-police-say-someone-knows-what-happened
WOW.... Le saying that someone knows something...

that means that he didn't just wander off....

wow...

they are stuck because they need more leads/info imhoo

WOW.... Le saying that someone knows something...

that means that he didn't just wander off....

wow...

they are stuck because they need more leads/info imhoo

Do you think LE believes someone knows something that they're not saying, because the LDTs show deception?

I'm curious to know what has them believing that.

Do you think LE believes someone knows something that they're not saying, because the LDTs show deception?

I'm curious to know what has them believing that.
not sure Tuffy... but it sure sounded like they do not think he just wandered off.....

not sure Tuffy... but it sure sounded like they do not think he just wandered off.....

Right, I agree. I wish we knew why. Was it because of evidence, or lack off? Or perhaps the families stories are contradictory?

I don't get how they can rule out wandering off, and kidnapping, but not tell us anything else.

:rant:

This is kind of off topic but not really too off topic. But off topic enough that I am putting this sentence first so you can skip the post if you want to do so.

It has to do with LE giving statements to the media. I've noticed off and on but haven't said anything about it here at WS's but it seems to me (just my perception) that a lot of LE departments aren't giving statements anymore like they used to do.

I wonder if that has anything to do with how because of the crimetainment (shows like CSI, Law and Order, Nancy Grace, Jane Velez Mitchell, other crime news shows) industry and how there are a lot more high profile crimes now because that is the fuel for that industry?

I guess I noticed this a lot after the Caylee A. case. A lot of missing children cases after hers had LE departments that refused to make any comment whatsoever.

Now I understand that making certain statements could possibly compromise an investigation. I do understand that and would in no way expect that LE would a comment one way or another about key info in an investigation.

But I can't help but feel that the silent treatment is a knee jerk reaction to the multitude of high profile missing children/persons cases and/or criminal cases involving them.

Call me jaded but I've had to deal with the "old guard" military way of thinking where they will "close ranks" on your butt if you ask too many questions. LOL. Sorry but that's the only way to describe it, I'm a military family member so please don't think I'm talking bad about the armed services. (disclaimer so I don't get alerted on). LOL.

Grrr, I am just so frustrated with this "no comment" across the board that we are seeing in a lot of LE departments. Uh no dice, we the public need to have as much information given to us about what job that LE is doing as long as that info does not compromise the investigation. Not commenting on a single darn thing? I call bull stinky because we are definately not stupid here and we know that there is a mulititude of information that can be shared without compromising an investigation.

:rant: All JMHO.

I don't know if it's just me, or if in the stars, but this case is not moving as fast or as organized as I want it to.

It's heartbreaking to even come back in this thread.

:rant:

This is kind of off topic but not really too off topic. But off topic enough that I am putting this sentence first so you can skip the post if you want to do so.

It has to do with LE giving statements to the media. I've noticed off and on but haven't said anything about it here at WS's but it seems to me (just my perception) that a lot of LE departments aren't giving statements anymore like they used to do.

I wonder if that has anything to do with how because of the crimetainment (shows like CSI, Law and Order, Nancy Grace, Jane Velez Mitchell, other crime news shows) industry and how there are a lot more high profile crimes now because that is the fuel for that industry?

I guess I noticed this a lot after the Caylee A. case. A lot of missing children cases after hers had LE departments that refused to make any comment whatsoever.

Now I understand that making certain statements could possibly compromise an investigation. I do understand that and would in no way expect that LE would a comment one way or another about key info in an investigation.

But I can't help but feel that the silent treatment is a knee jerk reaction to the multitude of high profile missing children/persons cases and/or criminal cases involving them.

Call me jaded but I've had to deal with the "old guard" military way of thinking where they will "close ranks" on your butt if you ask too many questions. LOL. Sorry but that's the only way to describe it, I'm a military family member so please don't think I'm talking bad about the armed services. (disclaimer so I don't get alerted on). LOL.

Grrr, I am just so frustrated with this "no comment" across the board that we are seeing in a lot of LE departments. Uh no dice, we the public need to have as much information given to us about what job that LE is doing as long as that info does not compromise the investigation. Not commenting on a single darn thing? I call bull stinky because we are definately not stupid here and we know that there is a mulititude of information that can be shared without compromising an investigation.

:rant: All JMHO.

If this is indeed the reason for the tight-lipped attitude of the local LE here, I am very upset! The police are paid (by us) to serve and protect. If they are not telling us what they are doing, that is suspicious to me.

Is it because they have dropped the ball? Did they somehow compromise the investigation? If it is not to protect integrity of the case and aid the prosecution of the guilty, why keep quiet? Cover-up?

Right, I agree. I wish we knew why. Was it because of evidence, or lack off? Or perhaps the families stories are contradictory?

I don't get how they can rule out wandering off, and kidnapping, but not tell us anything else.

It would be nice to know how they can possibly rule out abduction and wandering away. Two other possibilities -- they gave him away or sold him -- but then they wouldn't have alerted LE. Plus, LE would be asking for help finding the people who have him. So, in all reality, it only leaves death. My guess is that someone said something, maybe just not knowing for sure what happened, or LE found evidence he is dead, just not of what/how/who. There were 8 others in the house that night - including the "friend" they already sort of pointed the finger at.

LE is not asking people to help find him. Nor is his FAMILY. LE thinks he is dead. I think they are just gathering the evidence they need to prove what happened.

I think whatever did happen was due to the negligence of SB & JD and/or illegal activities (drugs, guns, gang related). JMO, of course.

http://www.woai.com/home.aspx

Their tweet thing on the front page said they have a crew out talking to LE and Josh's family to get updates. That was about 40 min ago. Maybe we'll hear something new soon.

I really hate to think parental involvement in this particular case, but to me that's what LE is saying in so many words. No abduction-yet the parents say he was abducted. He didn't wander off, yet early on there was all this talk about the door...I hate to think neglect with a house full of adults- but maybe everyone passes responsibility of him to the next person...all kinds of accidental scenarios are possible, but then I wonder why cover it up and not get help?

I am the type of person who if I suspected my husband or another one of my family members in something like this, I'd be singing! I wonder if the police have gotten the parents theory. Even if they think he was abducted, how did he get out of the home? The survival window for baby Joshua has long since passed, I'm still hoping for a miracle though!

"Lt. John McDonald, one of the lead investigators on this case, says most of those leads have been very consistent, coming from a variety of sources, all in the same relative area, near the boy's home on Savannah Hill Circle, east of I-35. "

From the article posted above...this is very interesting and seems as though there may be a general consensus as to what happened-we just aren't privy to it yet...

I can't imagine that LE would not have an idea by now as to who did this?
It is shocking to me if that is the case.
They say "someone" knows; of course someone knows, if he did not toddle off into the night. But do they mean one of the eight "someones" or just a generic someone as in whoever did this, but they have no idea who? How frustrating this case is, this is a little baby. They should be talking about it every day.

"Lt. John McDonald, one of the lead investigators on this case, says most of those leads have been very consistent, coming from a variety of sources, all in the same relative area, near the boy's home on Savannah Hill Circle, east of I-35. "

From the article posted above...this is very interesting and seems as though there may be a general consensus as to what happened-we just aren't privy to it yet...

If no one knew what happened to Joshua, how could there be so many consistent leads all pointing to the same relative area near his home? This statement sounds as if more than one person who was inside the house that night has been providing LE with information, rather than outsiders calling in tips. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member