TX - judge Bill Adams on video physically abusing his daughter

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Thanks for posting that link wfgodot.

I'm a little confused here :waitasec: The video I watched showed a MOTHER & a FATHER involved in a physical assualt upon their daughter. WHY on earth would anyone trust this mother to protect the 10-year-old child and/or make decisions in her best interest, especially regarding the Dad when she certainly didn't do so before - for that matter, why isn't there a restraining order against her and the 10-year-old removed from her care as well? Oh let me guess...she was just doing it cause hubby made her/battered women's syndrome, blah,blah,blah...

Thanks for posting that link wfgodot.

I'm a little confused here :waitasec: The video I watched showed a MOTHER & a FATHER involved in a physical assualt upon their daughter. WHY on earth would anyone trust this mother to protect the 10-year-old child and/or make decisions in her best interest, especially regarding the Dad when she certainly didn't do so before - for that matter, why isn't there a restraining order against her and the 10-year-old removed from her care as well? Oh let me guess...she was just doing it cause hubby made her/battered women's syndrome, blah,blah,blah...

She's come out and apologized and said she was embarrassed by the video. Her oldest daughter has forgiven her and believes the mother saw something disgusting on the video while the father seems to be standing by it, almost.

From the linked article posted just upthread and quoted here:

The order also says Adams can't disparage the woman or drink alcohol within 24 hours of seeing his child.

This may well clarify what Hallie Adams said in one of her media appearances (Today show?) about the Judge having an addiction problem.

I wonder what's going on with the judge these days?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

I wonder what's going on with the judge these days?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

From Steely Dan's excellent link on case, which is auto updated, some excerpts from recent additions:

http://www.kztv10.com/full-coverage/judge-videotaped-beating-daughter/#!prettyPhoto/0/

11/8 - Hillary also says she has mixed feelings about the protests and outrage aimed at her parents.

"I don't know how I feel about that protest, because that's my dad they're yelling about," she said.

While she says she understands the anger some feel toward her father she says the similar feelings expressed toward her mother are unwarranted.

"But the rage against my mother I feel is undeserved. There are a lot of people saying I shouldn't be around my mother and she's a terrible person for joining in and she should have left. All of those people they don't understand how abuse, manipulation all of that, it really does weird things to a family."

-------

11/10 - The site, http://www.aransascountytx.gov, is currently showing a default page from a web server called Plesk.

In a video posted to YouTube, the online group Anonymous posted a 3 and a half minute video blasting the judge's actions and threatening to cause problems with the judge if he doesn't step down.

"[W]e have decided that you shall receive the full fury of Anonymous," the video states in a computer generated voice. "We shall continue to wage war against you until you have paid the price for your reprehensible actions. We will not cease our attacks until you have done so."

"We demand a public apology to both the people of Texas and to your daughter," the video continues. "Further, we demand your immediate resignation from the bar and retirement from any form of judiciary action or law enforcement."

(site was restored on 11/14)

--------

11/11 - (with link to partial affidavit)

An Aransas County judge has granted a temporary restraining order against Judge William Adams that takes away his visitation rights related to their 10-year-old daughter until a hearing later this month........

The affidavit accuses Judge Adams of having a rough childhood, where he's accused of abusing his sister, and of having a history of drug abuse and addiction........in 2007, a close friend drove William to a drug abuse recovery center for five days to "detox from his methadone addition, a drug he had been prescribed secretly to deal with his addiction to the other drugs he had been addicted to."

"Bill Adams... is guilty of alienating Allison and Hillary from me," ....... "[Hillary] has been brainwashed, and only recently has figured out that her father is abusive and unrepentive, and she believes that he is mentally ill."

--------

11/11 - Hillary Adams tells us today she hopes to influence lawmakers in Austin to change the law when it comes to child abuse.......

One tweet explains it all: "Contact your reps and urge the extension of the statute of limitations on child abuse from 5 years to at least 18."

"If a child gets abused, age 5, that statute expires when they turn 10 years old," Adams said. "They don't have a chance to do anything about it. So I was thinking something like 20 years, so they can grow into an adult."

-------

11/14 - A custody battle is heating up between Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams and his ex-wife Hallie.

Judge Adams attorney has filed a motion against a temporary restraining order granted to the ex-wife related to custody of their 10-year-old daughter..........

In a response, Adams' attorney claims the charges made by his ex-wife are, "little more than a poorly written autobiography of Hallie Adams' unfulfilled relationship" with the judge.

A custody hearing is set for next Monday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/23/judge-william-adams-suspended-abuse-video_n_1109269.html

According to an order signed Tuesday by the clerk of the state's highest court, Aransas County court-at-law Judge William Adams is suspended immediately with pay pending the outcome of the inquiry started by the State Commission on Judicial Conduct earlier this month.

Thanks for posting! great news...

In another link it also says:

"In a related issue, Adams appeared in court Monday for a day-long hearing regarding the custody of his 10-year-old daughter. His wife had sought a change in their joint custody agreement, and another judge imposed a temporary restraining order effectively keeping William Adams from being alone with his younger daughter until he reached a decision."

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...judge-beats-daughter-video-suspended/1?csp=ip

I cant find anything new, anybody else?

Sent from my LG Esteem, using Tapatalk.

I'm appalled by the actions of this judge against his daughter. I'm glad he was suspended. imoo

So he got a 2% reduction in pay...
a one year paid vacation...
a "public warning"
and he can't preside over fellow abusers cases.
That's it. The end.

--------------------------

The Supreme Court of Texas has lifted the suspension against Aransas County Court at Law Judge William Adams.

-------------------------

The lifting of the suspension order allows Adams to return to the bench in Aransas County immediately.

http://www.kztv10.com/full-coverage/judge-videotaped-beating-daughter/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams was suspended with pay in November 2011 while the Texas Commission on Judicial Conduct investigated.
The commission issued a public warning to Adams on Sept. 6.

In its one-page order Tuesday, the Texas Supreme Court approved an agreement between Adams and the commission lifting the suspension. As part of the arrangement, Adams waived his right to appeal the warning, which is essentially a public reprimand with no other consequences.

---------------------------

Adams doesn't come up for re-election until 2014. However, county commissioners voted earlier this year to cut his 2013 salary by 1.6 percent to $144,000.
Other elected county officials received a 2 percent cost-of-living increase.

Also, Adams may no longer preside over the physical domestic abuse cases
that previously comprised much of his court docket.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...suspended-over-videotaped-beating-reinstated/

Thanks for the update MsFacetious.

I wonder what would have happened to a person who was just the run of the mill middle or lower class US citizen who was caught on video beating their kid like this guy was.

Likely the following:

They would have been arrested on the spot and required to post bond. If they couldn't post bond they would be held over for trial. If found guilty or plead guilty they would have likely received a suspended jail or prison sentence but still required to do a certain amount of jail time, been fined, ordered to pay court costs, required to complete a couple hundred hours of community service, required to complete an anger management (batterers) class, perhaps register as a domestic violence offender, and placed on probation for possibly up to five years.

He is given paid time off, nothing more than a scolding and possibly a lighter case load when he returns to work.

JMO

Unbelievable. They should have sent him on a paid vacation while they were at it, huh?! :furious:

Every parent or caregiver who came up against this guy and who stated their child was abused should sue him. I would be in there looking for an appeal if I were them.

You can see by the video that he liked it. He liked beating his child. JMVHO.

Crap, I just watched that video and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disgusting! I'm sorry but I just see how inflicting pain on a person is punishment. It makes absolutely no sense and it is scary that the man that did is a judge. My dad used to spank me on the the bare butt with his hand hard and it scared the piss out of me (LITERALLY).

Crap, I just watched that video and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disgusting! I'm sorry but I just see how inflicting pain on a person is punishment. It makes absolutely no sense and it is scary that the man that did is a judge. My dad used to spank me on the the bare butt with his hand hard and it scared the piss out of me (LITERALLY).

I am so sorry for your pain, kymmcd.

So he got a 2% reduction in pay...
a one year paid vacation...
a "public warning"
and he can't preside over fellow abusers cases.
That's it. The end.

--------------------------

The Supreme Court of Texas has lifted the suspension against Aransas County Court at Law Judge William Adams.

-------------------------

The lifting of the suspension order allows Adams to return to the bench in Aransas County immediately.

Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams was suspended with pay in November 2011 while the Texas Commission on Judicial Conduct investigated.
The commission issued a public warning to Adams on Sept. 6.

In its one-page order Tuesday, the Texas Supreme Court approved an agreement between Adams and the commission lifting the suspension. As part of the arrangement, Adams waived his right to appeal the warning, which is essentially a public reprimand with no other consequences.

---------------------------

Adams doesn't come up for re-election until 2014. However, county commissioners voted earlier this year to cut his 2013 salary by 1.6 percent to $144,000.
Other elected county officials received a 2 percent cost-of-living increase.

Also, Adams may no longer preside over the physical domestic abuse cases
that previously comprised much of his court docket.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...suspended-over-videotaped-beating-reinstated/

That'll learn him. :rolleyes:

I was thinking how the judge dad turned off the lights before he started beating her with the belt. That is really weird and creepy!

I was thinking how the judge dad turned off the lights before he started beating her with the belt. That is really weird and creepy!

What I found "weird and creepy" was the fact that the daughter set up the video cam prior to the beating. Whether or not it was prior to her committing the offense that caused the beating, I don't know, but would be interested to find out.

In my opinion, it was a setup of sorts, and the punishment fit the "crime".

I could be wrong, I could be right, who knows. Every day we see kids who do horrible things and wonder why their parents took no action - O, they should have gotten "help" from the psychiatric industry. Sometimes, I believe, there are simpler ways of handling the situation, probably more direct and more to the point.

Good on the court system, in my own opinion, of course.

What I found "weird and creepy" was the fact that the daughter set up the video cam prior to the beating. Whether or not it was prior to her committing the offense that caused the beating, I don't know, but would be interested to find out.

In the video when the parents are out of the room you hear the mum say to the dad "I already spanked her" so I am presuming the girl was expecting something else to happen once dad got home :furious:

In my opinion, it was a setup of sorts, and the punishment fit the "crime".

I could be wrong, I could be right, who knows. Every day we see kids who do horrible things and wonder why their parents took no action - O, they should have gotten "help" from the psychiatric industry. Sometimes, I believe, there are simpler ways of handling the situation, probably more direct and more to the point.

Good on the court system, in my own opinion, of course.

The daughter (together with the mother, who now has divorced the judge and is kind of weird and childlike) was interviewed for some talk show and she said she knew he had found out about the computer thing, and that this kind of thing was pretty routine around that house for her. So yes, she knew what was about to happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori
Back