GUILTY TX - Julian Soliz, 5, beaten to death, Austin, 10 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

from above link

Meanwhile, the boy’s father Leonard Soliz, confirmed that the boy had internal injuries. He also said that his current girlfriend had been taking care of the boy for the past week. He said that she had been sleeping and when she woke up, the boy was gone and the door was unlocked.

So g/f searched for Julian for "2 hours" after a mysterious disappearance...no excuses for not calling 911 -- even "if" she believed Julian wondered off in the middle of the nite/early morning.

Confusing too -- was dad & g/f living together or not? Had she just moved in w/i the past week or so?

04/12/2010 12:52 PM
Authorities investigating death of 5-year-old as homicide

By: News 8 Austin Staff

The Travis County Sheriff's Office released a statement Monday saying it is investigating the death of a 5-year-old in North Austin as a homicide.

Authorities are not releasing any more details about the case at this time.
Investigators are interviewing witnesses, and the medical examiner's office is determining what caused the child’s death.

http://news8austin.com/content/loca...investigating-death-of-5-year-old-as-homicide

(I checked TCSO's website for an 'official' press release & didn't see one at this time.)

<snip>

Soliz was under the care of his father's girlfriend. Authorities said the caretaker reported the boy missing since 5:30 a.m Saturday morning. Authorities have not confirmed if that caretaker was Soliz's girlfriend, thought Leonard Soliz, the boy's father confirmed it was.

She had been caring for Soliz for about a week, his father said.

"We're as clueless as you are," said Soliz's mother Jessica Soliz, who did not live with her son.

Soliz's father, Leonard, said the last time he spoke with his girlfriend was last night.

Texas Child Protective Services Spokesman Chris Van Deusen said workers now have two other children living with the girlfriend in protective custody. A five-year-old girl was the girlfriend's daughter and a seven-month-old boy belonged to Soliz and the girlfriend.

Van Deusen also said the state was conducting an investigation on the family.

"Anytime there's a child who dies with possible abuse or neglect, there's an investigation," Van Deusen said.

The autopsy on the young boy is not complete, but family members said the boy had internal bleeding with no visible signs of trauma to his body.

more here

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/boy's-death-investigated-as-homicide

ETA:

Sheriff's now say he was in the care of his father's girlfriend at the time, because his father, Leonard Soliz, had already left for the barbershop he worked at.

http://weareaustin.com/content/fulltext/?cid=58502

thanks texasmist for all the updates. I am trying to think how a child could have internal bleeding without visible signs of trauma and I immediately think shaking. It causes contra coup brain damage (as the brain shakes back and forth) and would not be seen from the outside. It could also explain confusion/wandering away (internal bleeding of the brain). However, you would think drivers would have spotted a kid wandering like that???

slideshow_1523913_dyc_julian_soliz_07.jpg

Photo of Julian Soliz, 5.
slideshow_1523830_dyc_julian_soliz_01.jpg

A cross with a photo of Julian Soliz, 5, hangs on the door of Soila's Hair Salon on Monday, April 12, 2010. Soliz' father, Leonard 'Ivan' Soliz is a barber at the salon. Julian's body was found near the intersection of Wells Port Drive and Wells Port Cove on Saturday morning.

slideshow_1523877_ACJ_Julian_Soliz_Wells-2.jpg

Mourners have left mementos where the body of five-year-old Julian Soliz was found near the intersection of Wells Port Drive and Wells Port Cove on Saturday.

slideshow_1523816_ACJ_Julian_Soliz_Wells.jpg

Mourners have left mementos where the body of five-year-old Julian Soliz was found near the intersection of Wells Port Drive and Wells Port Cove on Saturday

slideshow_1523828_ACJ_Julian_Soliz_Wells-4.jpg

slideshow_1523857_ACJ_Julian_Soliz_Wells-1.jpg

http://galleries.statesman.com/gallery/mourning-death-julian-soliz-041210/#75405#

thanks texasmist for all the updates. I am trying to think how a child could have internal bleeding without visible signs of trauma and I immediately think shaking. It causes contra coup brain damage (as the brain shakes back and forth) and would not be seen from the outside. It could also explain confusion/wandering away (internal bleeding of the brain). However, you would think drivers would have spotted a kid wandering like that???

I thought of shaking or some other CHI too, nurse.

But I'm so jaded after Misty C's "somebody broke in, door is unlocked/open, I looked all over for HaLeigh" story I'm not inclined to believe little Julian wandered off...and since LE hasn't made any noise about an boogey-man-child-abductor...well - you know where I'm going w/ this.

In the event that he did wander off, I'd hope someone who may have seen him would call LE....(there's not a lot of traffic on those streets in the wee hours of the a.m. since they're not really major thoroughfares)...I just don't think that's gonna happen tho (JMOOOC).

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...010/04/12/family_of_dead_boy_may_get_ans.html

Family members of a 5-year-old boy found dead Saturday may get answers as early as today from the medical examiner’s office as to why the child died.
A medical exam of the child’s body was under way this weekend following the discovery of Julian Solis in a grassy spot located about two miles from the North Austin apartments, The Estates of Shoreline, located at 3501 Shoreline Drive, where he initially went missing.
The child was discovered about three hours after he was reported missing in a nearby Wells Branch neighborhood.
Parents Leonard Solis and Jessica Salazar of Austin expect to have a funeral services for their son at Mission Funeral Home, according to a death notice posted today.
Sheriff’s Office spokesman Roger Wade said he would speak to investigators later this morning to get an update on the case. Detectives may get a sense of the boy’s cause of death today, but for now, it’s being investigated as a deceased person, Wade said.
The Travis County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the death after being called to the scene about 7 a.m. Saturday. The child had been missing since 5:30 a.m., and deputies and were not called until nearly two hours later, officials said.

more at link..

map in article

This link was updated @ 3:30 pm...from what I can tell, the snippet below is "new" because I don't remember reading it earlier...I wish online articles would indicate what's "updated" :confused:

Child Protective Services investigated the family five years ago, said Chris Van Deusen, spokesman with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.

At that time, Julian was 3 months old and living with his father. When Salazar arrived at Soliz’s home to pick up the child, they got into an argument and started grabbing at the child, Van Deusen said. Julian received a cut.

No one was arrested in the incident, Van Deusen said. CPS found that there had been “neglectful supervision” of the child, but the case was closed because investigators believed it was a one-time thing and the parents realized their actions were wrong, he said.

“The child didn’t seem to be at risk of any future danger,” Van Deusen said. Since then, CPS has had no further involvement with the family.

Yep - in the gallery here (pic#6) it says he works as a barber at the salon, as well as mentioned in the kxan.com link in my previous post....(note also there are pics of the door w/ business hours.)

http://galleries.statesman.com/gallery/mourning-death-julian-soliz-041210/#

Heart-wrenching photos of the poor grieving mom....I can't even imagine that kind of pain. :(

This is neither here nor there but it really irks me to see that Dad with sunglasses on while standing in the shade. I'm not quite sure why it bothers me so much but it does.

At least I am assuming that is Dad?

Rest in Peace Julian. What a beautiful child.

Child Protective Services is conducting a separate investigation into the death of a 5-year-old boy over the weekend, as the Travis County Sheriff&#8217;s Office conducts its homicide investigation.
Julian Salazar Soliz disappeared Saturday morning from an apartment complex on Shore Line Drive.
Deputies found his body a mile away near Wellsport Drive and Wellsport Cove in Wells Branch.
KVUE News learned Monday the girlfriend of Julian's father was taking care of him when he disappeared.
Now the state has removed two other children from the girlfriend's home &#8211; a 5-year-old girl and a 7-month-old baby boy. They are in foster care as CPS investigates for signs of abuse and neglect.
Meanwhile, Julian's family is questioning how the little boy went missing.
&#8220;Julian&#8230; wouldn&#8217;t have just walked out of the house. Julian wasn&#8217;t like that. He never opened the door for nobody, even if it was us he would call his mom or daddy so we know he wouldn&#8217;t walk out of that house by himself,&#8221; said Angie Salazar, Julian&#8217;s grandmother.
Travis County sheriff's deputies are asking the public for information about Julian over the last few weeks.
A sheriff's spokesperson says they do not believe a stranger had any part in this.
http://www.kvue.com/home/CPS-conduc...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dad says "he's my son, my second meat".....what the heck does that mean??

IMO, this is right up next to "she is my heart" that another father stated when he left his little girl with a girlfriend. And the little girl disappeared. Her body hasn't been found yet. Have the father or girlfriend taken a poly test yet?:banghead:

This is neither here nor there but it really irks me to see that Dad with sunglasses on while standing in the shade. I'm not quite sure why it bothers me so much but it does.

At least I am assuming that is Dad?

Rest in Peace Julian. What a beautiful child.

I can totally understand how you feel about the sunglasses. It seems that every parent lately who has lost a child is wearing the signature sunglasses to hide their eyes. I have a simple question: why hasn't the father seen the little boy since he only works from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm during the day? Anyone? Just trying to understand.

IMHO- My sincerest apologies if I am wrong, but, my Hink-meter is on tilt... JMO

Snip from one of Starry Night's links (above) --the 'caregiver/girlfriend' supposedly lives w/ the dad & 2 of Julian's siblings....so yeah, where was dad & did the g/f leave the 2 younger kids *alone* for almost 2 hours while she searched for Julian?

Julian went missing from The Estates at Shoreline apartment complex where he lived with his father and father's girlfriend, along with his two younger siblings, a few hours earlier.

Maybe dad works the graveyard shift???

De Javu all over again. Again, where was the father for a week? He worked as a barber nearby where his son was living and with the father's girlfriend. I don't have physic powers but even I can predict where this is going.

I agree everyone......we all know where this is going as I have only been on websleuths since Oct last year and I have seen this same story...different characters.....a number of times now...

suss...suss...suss...

other kids taken away, police wanting info about the last couple of weeks, more than likely shaken.....neither parent the carer at the time.....

a couple of questions, why was he not with mum???? and yep where was dad???? or is dad lying and was there as well????

I will bet my left leg that it will be one of two people.......

I think the answers will prove to be ugly. IMO

For little Julian ......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw