TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean private conversations? That would be, NO. This isn't new "news." It's just a part of a narrative no one had the emotional will to fuss about. Let it go.

Im not sure about letting it go.
There has been so much false information put out or encouraging false information to breed by RA and FA that it should be called out and corrected. I'm not positive of their motive, but it's not just harmless mistakes.

My question was meant to be rhetorical.
Ok, let's try that.....some people flat-out lie, even when the truth sounds better. Some people never lie. I tell people that I'm a "terrible liar." I can't do it. If circumstances force me to tell a lie, I can hardly bear it until I can say, "Don't be mad - I lied. Here's why..."
Is lying a skill-set or a character defect? I think it's both, and things in between. I place "embellishing" in that vast "middle." It would take a team of psychiatrists, working around the clock, to unravel how three families found what passed for a separate peace. In the context of such staggering loss, maybe you'd get down in the mud over differences, comments, behaviors over the years. Are those embellishments the hill you want to die on? Then one day someone crosses a line...and enough is enough. I don't recommend trying to understand anyone.

Ok, let's try that.....some people flat-out lie, even when the truth sounds better. Some people never lie. I tell people that I'm a "terrible liar." I can't do it. If circumstances force me to tell a lie, I can hardly bear it until I can say, "Don't be mad - I lied. Here's why..."
Is lying a skill-set or a character defect? I think it's both, and things in between. I place "embellishing" in that vast "middle." It would take a team of psychiatrists, working around the clock, to unravel how three families found what passed for a separate peace. In the context of such staggering loss, maybe you'd get down in the mud over differences, comments, behaviors over the years. Are those embellishments the hill you want to die on? Then one day someone crosses a line...and enough is enough. I don't recommend trying to understand anyone.

If those lies are told to cover for someone, yes...that is a hill that needs to be climbed.

Is that immaterial detail worth the conflict it would create, and the relationships it might damage? The police know where everyone was. It's their investigation. Maybe going-along-to-get-along is what you pick.

But we are not family or "insiders" and apparently the status quo has not solved anything. Asking the same questions over and over isn't working out. Maybe the devil really is in the details. The personal relationship between family, friends and the like is of no concern to those looking at this. Especially not LE.

A feature of lying is providing excessive detail.

Edit: 7 Science-Backed Tips to Tell If Someone is Lying to You

3. Too much detail
When someone is giving you extra flowery descriptions, that might be a dead giveaway that the overly elaborate details are actually trying to cover up a lie.

"When you say to someone, 'Oh, where were you?' and they say, 'I went to the store and I needed to get eggs and milk and sugar and I almost hit a dog so I had to go slow,' and on and on, they're giving you too much detail," Berman told WebMD.

Too much unnecessary detail could signify that the individual has already put a lot of thought into how he or she will try to make a lie sound as convincing as possible.
I am not an expert, but from personal experience I think the opposite is also true: too little detail. A good liar has control over their lying. When they are challenged on their lie, unexpectedly, they will repeat the lie without making up details that may give them up. MOO..

But we are not family or "insiders" and apparently the status quo has not solved anything. Asking the same questions over and over isn't working out. Maybe the devil really is in the details. The personal relationship between family, friends and the like is of no concern to those looking at this. Especially not LE.
ITA .

The case file question was actually started by a different relative, they were wanting different stuff than Rusty has, but the party/fundraiser/raffle thingy is a Jeff and Rusty production. It is a fb thing but I didn't quote anyone? Did I break a rule?

View attachment 154689 December 1979 article. A few interesting comments in it.

Not only it was cold watching the car.... But Cotton also had cancer treatment that day and running a high fever! He was not a young man, that would have been too much for him to do anything that day. If true.

About the witness for the yellow pick-up with lights - I recall reading elsewhere, that it was an older lady and she reported it before the girls became news. They couldn't find her afterwards. A pity.

Sorry! Fill up first. Me too.

The math exercise I saw was about the weight of the paper. Not weight of $6000:D
$6,000 is the estimate this person was quoted to duplicate those 18,000 files. A bargain @$3 per "document." If Kinko's price is say... 25 cents per page, then each "document" is probably estimated to be more like (avg.) 12 pages each. Allowing for envelopes, post-it notes, staples and what have you. Whatever I came up with for weight...multiply it by 12. I wonder if that $6,000 budget includes renting a forklift, because each of those 5 boxes would now weigh 432 pounds.:confused:

Im so glad it was pointed out that RA was just a child and his story is based on decades of different stories told

Sorry! Fill up first. Me too.

The math exercise I saw was about the weight of the paper. Not weight of $6000:D

yep the page has become a $ game. You can buy toy stuffed divers , key chains, planning a bake sale multiple Gofund me's. You can purchase t shirts, long sleeve diver shirts. Heck of a shopping spree can happen there.
I find it really weird how much things cost when everything is supposedly donated

Last edited:
Not only it was cold watching the car.... But Cotton also had cancer treatment that day and running a high fever! He was not a young man, that would have been too much for him to do anything that day. If true.

About the witness for the yellow pick-up with lights - I recall reading elsewhere, that it was an older lady and she reported it before the girls became news. They couldn't find her afterwards. A pity.

It was in the 70s that day and Cotton was only 39 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member