TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And sooooooooo not my business. Who would be willing to have their private life turned inside out on any given day? Can I get an Amen on that?
thank you! I see that hand...
And sooooooooo not my business. Who would be willing to have their private life turned inside out on any given day? Can I get an Amen on that?
thank you! I see that hand...

Per Julie's mother, they were separated and it was a "bitter time".

He was a truck driver.

He used his birth name, his adoptive name, and a combination of the two.

He is not referenced at all, at any time, as having been present for anything regarding the fact that his 9 year old child was missing.

He is WELL worth looking at.

Shawn is on record as saying he's caught his mother in some lies. Why would she lie if she had no involvement?

We are civilized people. They slammed the door shut over there. Almost 13,000 new ppl wandering in the desert. Not our circus - not our monkeys.
Please remember that I would not share something with this group were it not sourced and verified by multiple sources to MY satisfaction. Until yesterday I had not pointed out a conflict in witness accounts. Even the weather can be an important detail - the point I wanted to make.
Shana's story, in her own words (c.2000), does not align with any other account of the events of the morning. Period. In fact, her account is unsupportable by any version of facts. Shawn has claimed, publically, the "story" he grew up with to be (substantially) the same as the one his mother told in the document I have from 2000.
Case File Wish List:
1) witness interviews/statements from the first 72 hours.

Per Julie's mother, they were separated and it was a "bitter time".

He was a truck driver.

He used his birth name, his adoptive name, and a combination of the two.

He is not referenced at all, at any time, as having been present for anything regarding the fact that his 9 year old child was missing.

He is WELL worth looking at.
Agree they have spent enough time chasing serial killers and satanic cults and bigfoot.In my opinion one of these girls has a family member involved.Has anyone seen RA birth certificate conforming he was 11.Just kidding but I think there are secrets in the family.

When interviewed by police, Rachel's mother served as verification that Rachel's husband was at the shop in Arlington on December 23rd.

Rumor, gossip, speculation is now saying that she lied to FWPD.

So, if she did in fact lie... then changed her story... when and to whom did the story change?

I've seen over and over people saying that Rachel's father was too ill to leave the house on December 23rd.

At the same time, I have found news reports from that time that place he at the mall that evening.

What exactly was his condition on that day?

Who initially “sounded the alarm” that something was wrong? Of the three, one was emancipated, one was staying with grandma, and one had a mom who was at work. I know that they didn’t have an exact time they would be back, going to the mall would’ve been a fair amount of “lolly-gagging”, so at what point did someone say, hey why aren’t they back yet.

I have read that phone calls were made at some point to Debra, at the Trlica home and then to the Arnold home to check on if they had returned, but who made those calls?

All we have is Debra's comments on the first thread of this:

"Somewhere between 2-4 pm. Renees mother kept calling to see if they where home yet. Renee had a party she was going to. She started calling all the stores in the mall she could and having them paged. The FWPD would not come until the mall was closed. The mall was open until 11pm."

Who initially “sounded the alarm” that something was wrong? Of the three, one was emancipated, one was staying with grandma, and one had a mom who was at work. I know that they didn’t have an exact time they would be back, going to the mall would’ve been a fair amount of “lolly-gagging”, so at what point did someone say, hey why aren’t they back yet.

I have read that phone calls were made at some point to Debra, at the Trlica home and then to the Arnold home to check on if they had returned, but who made those calls?

Starting to worry between 2 and 4 seems kinda of early.Didn't some of the family arrive at the mall around 4.
Not if two other girls were supposed to meet them at the mall and the 3 girls never showed. I would think people would have sounded the alarm even earlier.

I thought those girls made a quick pass by and then went about their merry way.
I don’t know. That’s not the impression I got but I can’t cite any source now that the FB group is closed. Sorry.

Not if two other girls were supposed to meet them at the mall and the 3 girls never showed. I would think people would have sounded the alarm even earlier.

I've never seen or heard anyone (including the 2 other girls) say that it was cause for concern. Per a FB Post by Julie's sister, when the 3 girls didn't meet up with them, they just went about their way.

Also, consider their age. I believe the Cat mentioned they were both 11. Doubtful they waited long & doubtful they thought anything was wrong.

I've never seen or heard anyone (including the 2 other girls) say that it was cause for concern. Per a FB Post by Julie's sister, when the 3 girls didn't meet up with them, they just went about their way.

This is my understanding as well.

My curiosity with this is why the Arnold family would have been the first to worry and start to search. Rachel, to my knowledge, had not seen them that day or spoken with them (other than Debra). I know that Terry Moseley was around when they departed for their shopping trip, and would’ve been expecting his sister and girlfriend to return at some point, but he was a youngster too at the time so I wouldn’t think he would go into worry mode until later in the evening.

I have hear the story of RA and his mom going to the mall and searching store to store, though I don’t know that is accurate.

Yes. Class of 1971. I have SWHS yearbooks from 1967-1989. I know Richard Stamm tried to help him out at the time (it was his family that had the land in Throckmorton.) They were in homeroom together and were neighbors as kids before the Trlicia's bought the house on Minot. Also, Pat [last name] came up from Austin the next day. I think he and his wife are the ones that drove all night, then turned around and left. Tuesday was chaos. Pat's parents and Tommy's parents were friends. I doubt Debbie knew Pat or would have noticed him that morning. Everything became about "the Letter" once the mail arrived. Richard Stamm passed away a few years ago but Pat & Linda still live in Austin. The reason I mention the yearbooks is because homeroom was the same all 4 years. I've looked at the names and faces (30) to the right and left of Tommy and can't come up with anyone I'd be interested in talking to. If Tommy had "friends" I can't think of who they would be.

Not being rude... just confused.

In a post up you said, "That would be Robbie Ramsel. Same class as Tommy [1971], tall funny guy everyone liked. He was in that crowd Tommy hung around."

In this post you said, "If Tommy had "friends" I can't think of who they would be."

Can you clarify which is correct?

This is my understanding as well.

My curiosity with this is why the Arnold family would have been the first to worry and start to search. Rachel, to my knowledge, had not seen them that day or spoken with them (other than Debra). I know that Terry Moseley was around when they departed for their shopping trip, and would’ve been expecting his sister and girlfriend to return at some point, but he was a youngster too at the time so I wouldn’t think he would go into worry mode until later in the evening.

I have hear the story of RA and his mom going to the mall and searching store to store, though I don’t know that is accurate.

I have also read in an old Star Telegram article that BOTH of Rachel's parents went to the mall.

Also, consider their age. I believe the Cat mentioned they were both 11. Doubtful they waited long & doubtful they thought anything was wrong.
Wasn’t one of them Julie’s sister? Wouldn’t she have told her mother that they never saw them when picked up from the mall? Two 11 year olds had to have been given a ride by an adult. I guess I don’t know enough about it but just thought they may have been the ones to say something earlier than the 3 were expected back home.

Wasn’t one of them Julie’s sister? Wouldn’t she have told her mother that they never saw them when picked up from the mall? Two 11 year olds had to have been given a ride by an adult. I guess I don’t know enough about it but just thought they may have been the ones to say something earlier than the 3 were expected back home.

I believe that they lived close to the mall. Close enough to bike there, the weather was pleasant that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder