TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tempting to think serial killer, except I keep coming back to the letter. Why the letter? But it could've been someone like Welch or Debardeleben, taking some twisted pleasure in creating a smokescreen to extend his activities without pursuit.

The letter is one but the lies later on about who was where. Only one reason for that, covering tracks. A day as tragic as that one you don't forget.

It's tempting to think serial killer, except I keep coming back to the letter. Why the letter? But it could've been someone like Welch or Debardeleben, taking some twisted pleasure in creating a smokescreen to extend his activities without pursuit.
A SK doesn't get those girls of the lot or out of the mall with no one seeing them.If they were there.

I am not the kind of guy who blames LE in retrospect for mistakes made in any investigation. However...3 girls going missing is not conventional in any way. Whether LE handled the case as a MP or runaway shouldnt really matter when it comes down to mistakes that were obviously made or misleading information given to hinder the investigation. Speculation and theories is all we can essentially talk about when it comes down to who may be responsible for the girls missing, but when there is not much evidence to go on then LE must certainly do the same thing. The only difference is that their guesses are more educated than our guesses, however they are still guesses none the less. There really is no precedent (especially over 40 years ago) to how an investigation should start or proceed when it comes to 3 girls who apparently disappeared at the same time. There are so many things that could be possible, but what I like about this site is that it is almost like crowd sourcing and our collective thoughts and theories with the limited facts we all know about the case lead us to differing theories, but they are pretty good theories and most are not just off the wall speculation. This case is so odd because of the circumstances that any conventional investigative methods are rendered "almost" useless. I am certain that the FWPD has put as much resources as they could into this investigation, but sometimes a mystery is just that and I hope we all continue with the strenuous efforts we put into trying to find these 3 girls and/or who is responsible because they deserve as much in my opinion. I think this thread and the people who post here should give themselves a pat on the back for all the effort and genuine caring that is put into finding out what happened...sorry got off on a rant there but I had to say it.

It's possible that the investigation was hampered by "Billy Bob"/"Peggy Sue" Deep South police corruption or incompetence. It was the seventies after all. Just a theory.'

There is more corruption in this day and time than the 70's. 70's less money,
Fewer communications between police. 60's & 70's "The drugs, Hippy love child thing, trying to be cool.
In Ft. Worth everyone was connected by blood, friends, or friends of friends so when this went down we all felt it one way or the other. We knew the gangs! In the 50's and 60's. In this day and time you do not hear of the raids of litterally, "Up aginst TheWall". These girls were the 1st and 2nd generation from this below. This speaks of Jackboro hy. In 50's and 60's . By the time "the girls" were born the Mansfield highway 287 was not safe with the 2 bit shisters. These bad boys frequented the south side also. Those raised there knew them. And some coppied them. They were neighbors!
https://hometownbyhandlebar.com/?p=12972&cpage=24

A SK doesn't get those girls of the lot or out of the mall with no one seeing them.If they were there.
All a serial killer would have had to do was lure the girls into a vehicle. Then it would have been game over. A lone abductor might have been able to coerce them into a vehicle with a gun, but luring them would have been much easier.
-
If there were two or three perps, such as the Carter boys, working together, then it would have been even easier to maintain control.

There is more corruption in this day and time than the 70's. 70's less money,
Fewer communications between police. 60's & 70's "The drugs, Hippy love child thing, trying to be cool.
In Ft. Worth everyone was connected by blood, friends, or friends of friends so when this went down we all felt it one way or the other. We knew the gangs! In the 50's and 60's. In this day and time you do not hear of the raids of litterally, "Up aginst TheWall". These girls were the 1st and 2nd generation from this below. This speaks of Jackboro hy. In 50's and 60's . By the time "the girls" were born the Mansfield highway 287 was not safe with the 2 bit shisters. These bad boys frequented the south side also. Those raised there knew them. And some coppied them. They were neighbors!
https://hometownbyhandlebar.com/?p=12972&cpage=24
Awesome historical article. Thx.

It's possible that the investigation was hampered by "Billy Bob"/"Peggy Sue" Deep South police corruption or incompetence. It was the seventies after all. Just a theory.'

Police corruption? Maybe. Also they might not reveal much about an undercover op involving an informant coerced into something like snitching either.

I'm thinking either something in this direction or else a bitter spat with someone close is what keeps being hinted at but is not disclosed.

Which leads to the conjecture we see in an endless loop sort of thing for 44 long years.

There was a underworld back then and copycat want to B's.
We were frightend in those days. Same as today. We trusted people we knew. But not anyone unless they were known to the family and taught our children that.
Sometimes businesses connections were not friends at all. You would not want your children to trust.
If Your children were not warned they might trust someone you did business with without ever having a clue that there could be danger awaiting.

JMO...
I think that it's easier to think that this was a case of the big, bad, unknown boogeyman. Someone that had no connection to the girls. Just some evil stranger. But there is absolutely NOTHING that makes me think that is the case. It would be nice if there was. The alternative is much more disturbing and disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member