TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not is relationship to this case. Miller's case was in Washington.

Now one thing that I haven't thought of before. There was a murder in arlington at a mall in January of 1974. The victim was a Cheryl Calloway, an 18 yoa female. I doubt the case is on the forums here since she was murdered and not missing. I happen to be thinking of the three when Arlington PD tweeted the cold case. Funny how little coincidence happen sometimes.
That murder was close. I worked at that mall, usually in the children's section, just inside the doors from the kind of isolated parking lot where she was killed. Fortunately I was not working that night. After the murder fear pervaded the atmosphere in that mall, Forum 303, just like at Seminary South after the girls vanished. To this day I'm not sure what the motive was, but she was stabbed repeatedly, many times in a public place, which wasn't quick like a gunshot death. To be mad enough to throw caution to the winds and perform a somewhat drawn out multiple stabbing would indicate great anger. Revenge? (For what pray tell, by all accounts she was a sweet girl!). Her bf posted on the sign at the DQ where he worked, "I love you, Cheryl!"
Another employee was murdered a few months later by stabbing, only at a different location, at the perp's home, some bs about bad acid and the Exorcist movie.
Connection between these two or the girls' disappearance? Maybe, if drugs were involved.

This is interesting they are talking all about these murders collectively so others have made the connection too

MISSING - THREE GIRLS - 12 / 23 / 74 - Local History - Fort Worth Forum

Unsolved killings still haunt gay community, Dallas cold-case detectives

ETA the last one has relates to a possible Cheryl Connection too
"In 2005, Sweet and other detectives from Arlington and Dallas looked into whether Calloway’s death was tied to a series of six other unsolved murders of gay North Texas men."

The more I read and hear about this case over the years the more I believe Rachel's husband and family were involved, and the two younger girls were collateral damage, at the wrong place at the wrong time kind of deal.
I think so.

So Cotton's daughter needed a DNA test to prove that her own father wasn't also her son's father.
-
There are a few gaps to fill in, but that tells me almost everything I need to know about this case.
Cotton's daughter didn't have the test but her daughter did.She let another person handle all of the testing and got several different results but I think she is satisfied that her grandfather is not her father.She will gladly and does tell everyone who she feels is responsible for the girl's disappearances.

I fail to see how Keith Calloway's murder is related to Cheryl Callaway. The case regarding murders of gay men were obviously that killers MO so targeting a 17-18 yoa female doesn't match.

Cheryl and Rachel were similar in appearance and age. I speculate (and that's all it is) that Cheryl may have been an early attempted abduction that was botched and resulted in a murder. Didn't Hutchins or the unknown security guard live in mid cities?

I strongly lean towards a security guard (real or fake) being a viable suspect. When Hutchins claims with great detail what he saw and the guard refuting having any girls in his vehicle. Well, that's a discrepancy to big to ignore, somebody is lying.

I fail to see how Keith Calloway's murder is related to Cheryl Callaway. The case regarding murders of gay men were obviously that killers MO so targeting a 17-18 yoa female doesn't match.

Cheryl and Rachel were similar in appearance and age. I speculate (and that's all it is) that Cheryl may have been an early attempted abduction that was botched and resulted in a murder. Didn't Hutchins or the unknown security guard live in mid cities?

I strongly lean towards a security guard (real or fake) being a viable suspect. When Hutchins claims with great detail what he saw and the guard refuting having any girls in his vehicle. Well, that's a discrepancy to big to ignore, somebody is lying.
I think Hutchins actually came under more scrutiny than the guy he claimed to have seen with the girls.I think police were interested with him because he came forward so much later.Several people who worked at JCPENNY's with Hutchins say it's a none issue with him being involved as he was right in the store on work days and wouldn't have had time to kidnap three girls.

I don't think we can consider Hutchins as a non issue. There is a discrepancy there which needs to be resolved. Granted one of the detectives could have resolved it but looking at it from the public perspective it's still open. Either Hutchins was lying or the other security guard was. Or another possibility that the security guard that PD tracked down was not the one Hutchins spoke with but that is just speculation that PD did not verify they were the same person.

Hutchins wasn't right in the store as according to his own words he was in the parking lot talking to the other security guard. According to Mr. Hutchins the encounter took place at 11:30 PM. I don't believe the store would be open for him to come and go at that time. I believed the stores holiday closing hours were 10 PM.

Last edited:
I don't think we can consider Hutchins as a non issue. There is a discrepancy there which needs to be resolved. Granted one of the detectives could have resolved it but looking at it from the public perspective it's still open. Either Hutchins was lying or the other security guard was. Or another possibility that the security guard that PD tracked down was not the one Hutchins spoke with but that is just speculation that PD did not verify they were the same person.

Hutchins wasn't right in the store as according to his own words he was in the parking lot talking to the other security guard. According to Mr. Hutchins the encounter took place at 11:30 PM. I don't believe the store would be open for him to come and go at that time. I believed the stores holiday closing hours were 10 PM.
was Hutchins still working at the time?He was not mall security but store security.I would have to go through my messages but I have the name of the security guard he accussed.The trucks they drove around the lot in were very small and likely would not hold all four people.11:30 according to police reports is around the time officers were around the car with what family showed up at the mall that night.

Can anyone provide pics of the old parking lot at the mall? Or a description? Was there a parking garage? Where was the girls vehicle found? Been a while... Trying to get a visual.

The family went to the mall around 6pm. So I would be more concerned about Bills statement. Like I said, someone is lying. I can understand being mistaken about a timeline but claiming four females were in a vehicle and talking to them vs the other denying it is more then being mistaken. Now four people packed into a small truck is cramped but not impossible.

I am not sure of the year of the B&W photo but its claimed to be from the 60's.

Attachments

• 33darl6oojc31 (2).jpg
    33darl6oojc31 (2).jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 52
  • UNT Sears.jpg
    UNT Sears.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 46
The family went to the mall around 6pm. So I would be more concerned about Bills statement. Like I said, someone is lying. I can understand being mistaken about a timeline but claiming four females were in a vehicle and talking to them vs the other denying it is more then being mistaken. Now four people packed into a small truck is cramped but not impossible.
what family are you referring to?I have the actual police reports and no one was reported missing before 10:00 at the earliest.Mr.Wilson could have been on the scene that early but I'm not sure.

That is quite far from any entrance and certainly explains why no one saw them coming or going in the car. (Besides the story Hutchins gave) MOO

It’s been so long but weren’t there a few people in the mall that claimed to have seen the girls inside? Wonder in what part(s) of the mall they were supposedly seen in. MOO

It’s been so long but weren’t there a few people in the mall that claimed to have seen the girls inside? Wonder in what part(s) of the mall they were supposedly seen in. MOO
There was a guy who worked in a record store that made a late night phone call to the Arnold's saying he saw the girls.This made the paper with no name attached and after said witness passed away his name circulated.Then there was a young man who was a little older than Rachel that has become the new guy the facebook crowd is after.Supposedly he was seen with the girls in the mall and interviewed and said he was with them then he later recanted.Several witnesses appeared to the Arnolds through the years and gave them accounts of what they seen but those witnesses always disappeared before talking with police.As busy as that place would have been with classmates you think some of their friends would have seen them and of all the thousands of people in the facebook groups through the years no one has said they seen them.The latter part is just my opinion.

I think the first story after the girls first went missing is probably the closest to the truth as certain people have told many different versions through the years.This article is accurate because I know the cashier at the retail store did speak to the girls that day and 8:30 sounds about right for the time Mr.Wilson went to the mall to look for them.Rachel was reported missing at 12:30AM by her sister.Neither of her parents made an appearance at the mall that night.62084577_2465993113435182_7943491805784309760_n.jpg

I think Hutchins actually came under more scrutiny than the guy he claimed to have seen with the girls.I think police were interested with him because he came forward so much later.Several people who worked at JCPENNY's with Hutchins say it's a none issue with him being involved as he was right in the store on work days and wouldn't have had time to kidnap three girls.
He didn't come forward "so much later," though, according to him. He says that he phoned in the tip almost immediately but that no one followed up back in '74. His later follow-up was not his first report, according to him. So far as I know, LE has not disputed his claim of having called in a tip in December of '74.

He didn't come forward "so much later," though, according to him. He says that he phoned in the tip almost immediately but that no one followed up back in '74. His later follow-up was not his first report, according to him. So far as I know, LE has not disputed his claim of having called in a tip in December of '74.
I know he claims to have reported in 1974.Who knows?I know both Hutchins and the other guy were checked out and no connections were found.I'm just going from assorted articles through the years and conversations I've had over the past year.Hutchins son was an officer until he was fired.I just can't remember what Hutchins was doing in the lot that late at night as I'm sure he was employed by Penny's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cngmac