TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
johnbelt...this thread doesn't have to be doomed if everyone will respect each others opinions and stick to TOS. I would love to see these girls found. With all our technology these days, it just seems like "someone" could get that car up somehow.

johnbelt...this thread doesn't have to be doomed if everyone will respect each others opinions and stick to TOS. I would love to see these girls found. With all our technology these days, it just seems like "someone" could get that car up somehow.
things like the car will be a huge contentention point because members of Renee's and Julie's family have both called that out as bs and grandstanding and even Arnold family members agree.Myself I went on Rusty's facebook and told what I thought of his story and am friends with Julie's sister and have talked to Mr.Wilson and Julie's aunt has called me on the phone how do you leave out things you learn and discuss with people like that in a websleuths thread.Not just me everyone teamed up for awhile and made a lot of headway until a falling out again.

you want to use MSM just look at that article.It says a present Rachel bought was in the car,bo it was brought from home.It says they were seen in the mall ok the guy at the record store whose name never was mentioned till he passed away and another guy who was supposedly with them that recanted his statement later.Several people in the parking lot?Not really years later people showed up at the Arnold house claiming to have seen them forced in a van that's about it.You know in all the years they have had that FB page with thousands of members people say they seen them here and there but no one has ever said they seen them at the mall.How do discuss a case with the media having the story so wrong for 44 years.

Sorry for jumping in - I just wanted to ask: Is it suspicious that Jon Swaim asked for his evidence to be destroyed? I find it absolutely crazy that he even made that request, and madness that it was fulfilled.
I asked around and apparently since he was a PI his work wasn't official, which meant there was no legal aspect to it. It is a real shame, and Swaim must have had a reason for it, but whatever his reasoning it has certainly affected the investigation greatly since he made incredible progress throughout his investigation.

Don't know if anyone has posted this episode on the trace evidence podcast already but I thought it was detailed and well executed.

009 - The Disappearance of the Fort Worth Three – Trace Evidence – Podcast

Since there's been very little evidence about the girls wherabouts there's been alot of speculation through the years. Perhaps this was mentioned before cause this is a long thread.

A few thoughts: A security guard reported seeing the girls inside of the truck of another security guard that day and he even made contact with them and they seemed in a good mood. He contacted LE but the lead wasn't followed until 40 years later. The "suspect" was named by the other security guard. Apparently LE called him up but he had no memory of seeing with the girls that day. Either the observer didn't see the girls, or the "suspect" was lying. The podd speculated that the "suspect" may have been using a false name, so the security guard that was called up wasn't the person that was seen with the girls.

The letter that was written was most likely posted from Fort Worth. Why it was posted it's anyones guess. Probably to win time and try to mislead the families. However, it's obvious that Rachel didn't write it. I think someone made Julie Moseley write it because it was written in a childish way.

The poddcast mentioned a few possible suspects, one that was mentioned was Mike DeBardeleben, a serial killer and counterfeiter known to hang out in malls and lure girls and was operating in Texas at the time. He would sometimes pose as a police officer. What goes against it is that he's one of the smartest and most organized criminals iI heard of. Would he take the risk with 3 girls? I doubt it but who knows.

I would like to know more about that security guard. Was it a dead end or who was he? Considering that an eye witness saw him with the girls in his truck.

A security guard or police officer picking them up is a strong possability, another possability is that someone who knew Rachel stopped by and somehow lured them into the car. I think Rachel was the real target.

Sorry for jumping in - I just wanted to ask: Is it suspicious that Jon Swaim asked for his evidence to be destroyed? I find it absolutely crazy that he even made that request, and madness that it was fulfilled.

There has to be more to it , and I wish we knew! It almost sounds like the widow was threatened (if the PI had a wife) to destroy it , and it was made to look like a request from Swain, wonder who carried out that wish...if it were nosy me , I would have read the whole thing , then I guess I might have to watch my back!

The more I read and hear about this case over the years the more I believe Rachel's husband and family were involved, and the two younger girls were collateral damage, at the wrong place at the wrong time kind of deal.

Don't know if anyone has posted this episode on the trace evidence podcast already but I thought it was detailed and well executed.

009 - The Disappearance of the Fort Worth Three – Trace Evidence – Podcast

Since there's been very little evidence about the girls wherabouts there's been alot of speculation through the years. Perhaps this was mentioned before cause this is a long thread.

A few thoughts: A security guard reported seeing the girls inside of the truck of another security guard that day and he even made contact with them and they seemed in a good mood. He contacted LE but the lead wasn't followed until 40 years later. The "suspect" was named by the other security guard. Apparently LE called him up but he had no memory of seeing with the girls that day. Either the observer didn't see the girls, or the "suspect" was lying. The podd speculated that the "suspect" may have been using a false name, so the security guard that was called up wasn't the person that was seen with the girls.

The letter that was written was most likely posted from Fort Worth. Why it was posted it's anyones guess. Probably to win time and try to mislead the families. However, it's obvious that Rachel didn't write it. I think someone made Julie Moseley write it because it was written in a childish way.

The poddcast mentioned a few possible suspects, one that was mentioned was Mike DeBardeleben, a serial killer and counterfeiter known to hang out in malls and lure girls and was operating in Texas at the time. He would sometimes pose as a police officer. What goes against it is that he's one of the smartest and most organized criminals iI heard of. Would he take the risk with 3 girls? I doubt it but who knows.

I would like to know more about that security guard. Was it a dead end or who was he? Considering that an eye witness saw him with the girls in his truck.

A security guard or police officer picking them up is a strong possability, another possability is that someone who knew Rachel stopped by and somehow lured them into the car. I think Rachel was the real target.
The sighting with the security guard could have been a case of mistaken identity.
-
I'm not convinced that the girls ever made it to the mall parking lot.
-
Logically, where might the girls have gone if they had decided to stop off somewhere after leaving the army-navy store and before heading to the mall? No one saw Julie in the army-navy surplus store. Had she been left alone in the car? Was she spotted by a sexual predator who followed the girls to the mall? Did a predator get in the car with Julie and surprise Rachel and Renee when they came out of the store? If there was no predator at that point, was Julie already bored? Did she need to use a restroom? Where might Rachel and Lisa have taken her if they were looking for a temporary sitter or a bathroom to use?
-
If the girls stopped by the Arnold household, but Rachel's parents weren't home, what unsavory relatives or friends might have happened to show up?
-
I'd like to know why Rachel was so eager to get out of her parents' house at a young age--in particular I'd like to know whether there was any sexual abuse (by the father, by an uncle, by one of the father's friends, etc.).

well
The sighting with the security guard could have been a case of mistaken identity.
-
I'm not convinced that the girls ever made it to the mall parking lot.
-
Logically, where might the girls have gone if they had decided to stop off somewhere after leaving the army-navy store and before heading to the mall? No one saw Julie in the army-navy surplus store. Had she been left alone in the car? Was she spotted by a sexual predator who followed the girls to the mall? Did a predator get in the car with Julie and surprise Rachel and Renee when they came out of the store? If there was no predator at that point, was Julie already bored? Did she need to use a restroom? Where might Rachel and Lisa have taken her if they were looking for a temporary sitter or a bathroom to use?
-
If the girls stopped by the Arnold household, but Rachel's parents weren't home, what unsavory relatives or friends might have happened to show up?
-
I'd like to know why Rachel was so eager to get out of her parents' house at a young age--in particular I'd like to know whether there was any sexual abuse (by the father, by an uncle, by one of the father's friends, etc.).

One of the daughters publicly states that her child is not Cottons child also per DNA , so to come out on the official FT worth 3 FB and say that, leaves a lot to speculate IMO

well

One of the daughters publicly states that her child is not Cottons child also per DNA , so to come out on the official FT worth 3 FB and say that, leaves a lot to speculate IMO
So Cotton's daughter needed a DNA test to prove that her own father wasn't also her son's father.
-
There are a few gaps to fill in, but that tells me almost everything I need to know about this case.

So Cotton's daughter needed a DNA test to prove that her own father wasn't also her son's father.
-
There are a few gaps to fill in, but that tells me almost everything I need to know about this case.
It was actually a daughter who she gave up for adoption at 14 but later reunited. The daughter wanted to know who her bio father was but she stated her mother was not forthcoming and uncle gave her misinformation. Uncle would have been about 6 at the time she was born.

It was actually a daughter who she gave up for adoption at 14 but later reunited. The daughter wanted to know who her bio father was but she stated her mother was not forthcoming and uncle gave her misinformation. Uncle would have been about 6 at the time she was born.
So Cotton wasn't the father, but maybe one of Cotton's brothers or friends was.

I am new to site, but have followed this case over the years online because I grew up in Ft. Worth during this time period in this area. I have not read all the threads on this case, but was wondering... Does anyone know if there have been posts about Terrence Miller, arrested in April 2019 for a 1972 crime using DNA, in relationship to this case?

Not is relationship to this case. Miller's case was in Washington.

Now one thing that I haven't thought of before. There was a murder in arlington at a mall in January of 1974. The victim was a Cheryl Calloway, an 18 yoa female. I doubt the case is on the forums here since she was murdered and not missing. I happen to be thinking of the three when Arlington PD tweeted the cold case. Funny how little coincidence happen sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member