TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that what I’m talking about family not saying what they know.
What if I ask some family question would they answer ?
They might answer but I doubt the answers would lead anywhere.
I read through as much of the prior threads as I could yesterday. I don’t know what to think.
With the verified family member telling us about the abuse in the Arnold family it’s hard not to speculate about some possible scenarios, especially taking the letter into consideration. The local serial killer angle is interesting and I would probably think that is more likely....except for the letter. If this was a crime of opportunity I can’t see a perp bothering with a letter, mailing it, dropping it off etc.
Debra said in an interview that she had to go through a lot of counseling due to her childhood.
It’s just awful, all of it.
Is there a chance someone close to the girls is responsible? What do you all think?
Yes. I think there is a chance someone close to the girls is responsible. I don't expect any huge surprises. At least one person still living has answers.

The size of the envelope that contained the "Houston...Love Rachel" note looked like it was Christmas card size. It was too small for the paper the note was written on and had to be folded a certain way to make it fit. Addressed so formally to Thomas A. Trlica is how Christmas cards/envelopes were addressed back then. I'm thinking someone took the Christmas card out the day it was delivered and put that fake note inside. Did LE check to see if Tommy knew anyone in either of the 2 cities with either/both of those the zip codes who would have sent him a Christmas card?

The size of the envelope that contained the "Houston...Love Rachel" note looked like it was Christmas card size. It was too small for the paper the note was written on and had to be folded a certain way to make it fit. Addressed so formally to Thomas A. Trlica is how Christmas cards/envelopes were addressed back then. I'm thinking someone took the Christmas card out the day it was delivered and put that fake note inside. Did LE check to see if Tommy knew anyone in either of the 2 cities with either/both of those the zip codes who would have sent him a Christmas card?
I tend to believe the explanation that Tommy faked the letter in order to try to get the car back, not because he was necessarily involved in the crime.

I kind of have my doubts about Tommy and Debra being involved now. If they had fallen back in love with each other and wanted to avoid a divorce, they never showed it; they never got back together again after the disappearances. Why couldn't he get the car back? The police were so uninterested, they didn't even dust it for fingerprints. Also, I saw a reference to someone named "Cotton". Who is this person? I've been away from this case for awhile and don't recall hearing the name before.

I kind of have my doubts about Tommy and Debra being involved now. If they had fallen back in love with each other and wanted to avoid a divorce, they never showed it; they never got back together again after the disappearances. Why couldn't he get the car back? The police were so uninterested, they didn't even dust it for fingerprints. Also, I saw a reference to someone named "Cotton". Who is this person? I've been away from this case for awhile and don't recall hearing the name before.

Cotton was Rachel's (and Debra's) father.

I tend to believe the explanation that Tommy faked the letter in order to try to get the car back, not because he was necessarily involved in the crime.
Why would you do anything to hinder the investigation of finding your wife? That letter lead fwpd to list the girls as runaways. Matter of fact fwpd never took custody of that car. So what is the need to create a hoax to get it back?

Why would you do anything to hinder the investigation of finding your wife? That letter lead fwpd to list the girls as runaways. Matter of fact fwpd never took custody of that car. So what is the need to create a hoax to get it back?
That explanation was posted by someone on these boards. Are you sure that the FWPD never took possession of the car? Did they order family members to leave it be? When was it removed from the lot? And by whom?

That explanation was posted by someone on these boards. Are you sure that the FWPD never took possession of the car? Did they order family members to leave it be? When was it removed from the lot? And by whom?
You stated that you tend to believe it. I’m curious as to why it would make since for him to do that? If your wife, a friend of hers that you are acquainted with, and a 9 year old go missing, how would one come to the conclusion that this mystery letter would enable them to get a car back sooner? The same car that never left that parking lot until the owner picked it up. Also, if that is the case why hasn’t he admitted it? That would settle one of the only pieces of tangible evidence in this case.

You stated that you tend to believe it. I’m curious as to why it would make since for him to do that? If your wife, a friend of hers that you are acquainted with, and a 9 year old go missing, how would one come to the conclusion that this mystery letter would enable them to get a car back sooner? The same car that never left that parking lot until the owner picked it up. Also, if that is the case why hasn’t he admitted it? That would settle one of the only pieces of tangible evidence in this case.
The person who posted that theory claimed that he had admitted it to the police even though he had not admitted it publicly.
-
If the girls' family members were deliberately leaving the car at the mall in the hopes that a perp would return to it, then Tommy might have hoped that the letter would motivate the relatives to give up on that idea and let the car be returned to Tommy.

Tommy cared more about a bunch of metal and rubber than he did about his missing wife? If true, I hope any later wife/wives kept that in mind.
Who do you think killed the girls, Tommy, Cotton, or someone else?

Not certain. But they didn't have to sexually molest/sexually torture and kill a nine year old who was only there by chance.

Not certain. But they didn't have to sexually molest/sexually torture and kill a nine year old who was only there by chance.
It's entirely possible—maybe even likely—that Julie was the target. The two older girls may have been killed because of what they witnessed.
I'm not entirely sure who killed them, either, but I think Cotton and his brother were both capable of it—that doesn't actually mean that they did it, of course.

I’ve heard conflicting stories of whether Cotton was resting at home or at his shop that day. I think he had cancer or some other health issues and died the following spring or summer.

Who do you think killed the girls, Tommy, Cotton, or someone else?
I don’t believe any of the above KILLED the girls except one may have killed Rachel in a rage. I don’t believe either man was a “killer” especially a 9 year old.
It's entirely possible—maybe even likely—that Julie was the target. The two older girls may have been killed because of what they witnessed.
I'm not entirely sure who killed them, either, but I think Cotton and his brother were both capable of it—that doesn't actually mean that they did it, of course.
Who was his brother? Where is he in all of this? What makes you believe they were capable?

I don’t believe any of the above KILLED the girls except one may have killed Rachel in a rage. I don’t believe either man was a “killer” especially a 9 year old.

Who was his brother? Where is he in all of this? What makes you believe they were capable?
It would be nice to have all the relatives statements and times of that day BUT only the police have this and to this date they are not sharing.....

The person who posted that theory claimed that he had admitted it to the police even though he had not admitted it publicly.
-
If the girls' family members were deliberately leaving the car at the mall in the hopes that a perp would return to it, then Tommy might have hoped that the letter would motivate the relatives to give up on that idea and let the car be returned to Tommy.
Wouldn't it have been easier to call police and report her missing or report the car stolen. It wasn't just his wife that went missing. Why write something that would give the cops a reason to either ignore the case or focus on you?

If one of them killed Rachel, then it stands to reason that he killed the other girls, too, right?

Wouldn't it have been easier to call police and report her missing or report the car stolen. It wasn't just his wife that went missing. Why write something that would give the cops a reason to either ignore the case or focus on you?
I don't think that the police were the intended audience of the letter. Maybe it was only meant for Debra; maybe the goal was to get her to calm down. Do you think that someone other than Tommy wrote the letter? I think that it's his handwriting, and the fact that the letter doesn't fit in the envelope removes all doubt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members