TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know family members have stated they'd rather the girls were killed, than live a tortured life. I can understand that. But, there are just too many odd, little pieces of this whole story that don't fit right for me, without this scenario being considered.
TT allegedly also believes that girls were trafficked.

And, about Nancy... It'd be much better if she wasn't approaching it unaware of the details and processing the info on the way. Also IMO it appears rude on her part cause it's edited to remove all possible silence moments and speed it up as much as possible.

I'm tempted to go through all available interviews with family members and VI and see how this story really looks like.
Anyone interested in joining that task?
(I did it once in the past, with the WS threads, and it led me to a conclusion that TT is the only answer, but despite of me posting here on almost every occasion I thought of something "new", I somehow managed to completely miss the point of switch into doubting that theory with him as the main perp is making the most sense).

Last edited:
No.
Families adresses were in the papers. Their phone numbers in phone books.
It wasn't just Julie's mom, it wasn't just that one time. All the families of those three missing girls and hundreds on hundreds of other missing people families were receiving prank calls on daily basis.
It was a form of entertainment. Prank calls. From people pretending to be the missing person calling for help, or insulting them, scaring, threatening and so on.
One call was reported in the news, cause this time Julie's mother felt like this could really be Julie.
What they haven't mentioned is that there were other calls, many of them. And not only to the Moseley's house. Those kind of calls were a really BIG thing until caller ID wasn't available. It was what kids were doing where they felt bored.

Usually it was just about calling a random person, asking them random, silly question like "do you have running water in the house? yes? then go and catch it" & end the call.
Heartless, souless people were targetting people from the news, so they knew something about them (from the article) and could play like they are someone they knew, or an official. It used to be very common with missing person's cases reported in press. It wasn't just the matter of a random oddball, or group of heartless weirdos. Widely publicised case meant multiple pranksters attacking repeatedly. Even if some of them were identified, I'd seriously doubt LE had a way to identify all of them, or even significant part. And they (LE) had to be aware of prank calls popularity in other cases and the fact that they had nothing to do with the cases.

DA had known associations with human traffickers?
I understand about all the prank calling that went on, I was just referring to the one call that none of the known pranksters admitted to (tried to locate the post on here where it was mentioned, but can't find it). I'll wave the white flag on this, for now...
DA worked at a strip club, I believe, and dated/ was friends with at least one biker. In fact it was said (and recently), she still doesn't like to discuss it. At least some biker gangs have historically been known to deal or "traffick" in drugs, guns, and people (i.e. coerced prostitution). Google it, if you doubt me. As for that bit about TT believing the girls were trafficked, that was a bit below the belt, since I have already acknowledged he probably killed Rachel.

DA worked at a strip club, I believe, and dated/ was friends with at least one biker. In fact it was said (and recently), she still doesn't like to discuss it. At least some biker gangs have historically been known to deal or "traffick" in drugs, guns, and people (i.e. coerced prostitution). Google it, if you doubt me. As for that bit about TT believing the girls were trafficked, that was a bit below the belt, since I have already acknowledged he probably killed Rachel.
Working at strip club and knowing some bikers is far from being on such a good terms with a person doing human trafficking business to have them agree to help you cover up a murder case and make two whitnesses disappear, conveniently for you. Out of pure sentiment?
It is coming up as a theory in cases, but to my knowledge never actually happened like that - meaning: disposing of a person by selling them to slavery, done by a person with no prior ties to actual human trafficking business just cause they theoretically may have some ties to someone who may have ties to that.

I wouldn't like to discuss anything if I felt like the person is trying to figure out if I'm a murderer or human trafficker. Would you? She's been unofficially accused of being an accomplice and murderer by quite plenty of people, including her family for decades now. IMO her not wanting to or refusing to discuss it it's not an indicator by any stretch, innocent people would try to hide from that as well (likely even more) than those involved.

I understand about all the prank calling that went on, I was just referring to the one call that none of the known pranksters admitted to (tried to locate the post on here where it was mentioned, but can't find it).
I thought that the most known "prankster" wasn't actually a prankster but molesting creep, same as mentioned in Nancy's podcast.
And the worst thing about it is that it used to be a random form of entertainment for random people, who were not doing it often enough to draw any attenton to themselves.

I thought that the most known "prankster" wasn't actually a prankster but molesting creep, same as mentioned in Nancy's podcast.
And the worst thing about it is that it used to be a random form of entertainment for random people, who were not doing it often enough to draw any attenton to themselves.
Not exactly what I was referring to, but I'm willing to drop it...

Working at strip club and knowing some bikers is far from being on such a good terms with a person doing human trafficking business to have them agree to help you cover up a murder case and make two whitnesses disappear, conveniently for you. Out of pure sentiment?
It is coming up as a theory in cases, but to my knowledge never actually happened like that - meaning: disposing of a person by selling them to slavery, done by a person with no prior ties to actual human trafficking business just cause they theoretically may have some ties to someone who may have ties to that.

I wouldn't like to discuss anything if I felt like the person is trying to figure out if I'm a murderer or human trafficker. Would you? She's been unofficially accused of being an accomplice and murderer by quite plenty of people, including her family for decades now. IMO her not wanting to or refusing to discuss it it's not an indicator by any stretch, innocent people would try to hide from that as well (likely even more) than those involved.
You make some good points here, so I may have to rethink a bit, but I have to disagree with the part about DA's reluctance to talk. If I were being accused of having a hand in the disappearance/murder of my sister (and were innocent), I'd be spending every waking moment trying to prove it. Has she done this? If not, I can't rule her out as being involved. IMO, the fact that she's so reluctant, would seem to indicate some level of guilt. Maybe
1. Her alibi flops (if so, why?)
2. Someone has been cleverly steering negative attention her direction, and away from them (or someone else).  or
3. She's been so traumatized, she's just not able to process/defend herself

I don't know. I don't want to casually condemn anyone, but honest answers would be nice.

Walking out on a polygraph when the questions get a little too tough doesn't look good.

I agree wholeheartedly- that's pretty suspicious. As I understand it, her responses didn't conclusively settle anything, but TT was able to pass with flying colors, every time. That had to be frustrating for both LE and DA.
Polygraphs mean nothing. They are pseudo-science. A person cannot "pass" a polygraph. A polygraph test is a tool used by law enforcement to try to intimidate suspects, nothing more.

Is it possible that
Polygraphs mean nothing. They are pseudo-science. A person cannot "pass" a polygraph. A polygraph test is a tool used by law enforcement to try to intimidate suspects, nothing more.
Are they admissable as evidence in court?

Does anyone know if there has  recently been any forensics testing done on the letter/envelope?

What is the expectation on forensic testing on the letter? it will have the fingerprints/DNA of TT and DA and LE personel who handled it back in the day. Then what?

We already know/expect those things to be there. But there may be traces of other things that have been missed, or could be analyzed further, that could shed some light.
InWhat is the expectation on forensic testing on the letter? it will have the fingerprints/DNA of TT and DA and LE personel who handled it back in the day. Then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01