TX - Juliet & Cavanaugh Ramirez, die in hot car, Weatherford, 26 May 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Because toddlers are irrational beings. If you've never had a toddler accidentally lock themselves in a room such as a bathroom, and then get hysterical because they can't then figure out how to get out, I salute you. Myself, I've had to dismantle a couple of doorknobs for exactly such reasons.

I can see this happening.

My nephew locked himself in the bathroom, but before he figured out how to unlock the door he opened the vanity drawer so he was still stuck inside once it was unlocked. I don't know why he couldn't get the drawer closed though.

My sister-in-law ended up having to call the fire department.

Because toddlers are irrational beings. If you've never had a toddler accidentally lock themselves in a room such as a bathroom, and then get hysterical because they can't then figure out how to get out, I salute you. Myself, I've had to dismantle a couple of doorknobs for exactly such reasons.

Totally agree. I've raised 5 toddlers, after 2, I began to keep a multi tool in my purse because of a rather regular need to dismantle bathroom doors from the outside. This has slowed down considerably now that my youngest is 6, but I still keep it with me!

Yes. When my 17 year old granddaughter was two, we were painting our rental property which had a foyer and a doorway off the foyer into the downstairs property and a door at the bottom of the stairs into the upstairs property. The two year old went upstairs while we were painting downstairs and somehow locked herself in upstairs. We could not get her to unlock the door. She was crying to be rescued and we had to borrow a ladder and climb to the upstairs duplex balcony to rescue her. Thankfully the balcony door was unlocked or we would have had to have broken the glass door.

My nephew locked himself in the bathroom, but before he figured out how to unlock the door he opened the vanity drawer so he was still stuck inside once it was unlocked. I don't know why he couldn't get the drawer closed though.

My sister-in-law ended up having to call the fire department.

I'm thinking axe meet door knob lol.

Having been around a few kids (and been one myself) I can imagine about anything. Fortunately LE relies on evidence. Either there will be evidence of a crime or not. I hope not.

So there we have two scenarios...I wouldn't in fear of hurting my children with glass and you would in order to get to them seconds faster. Goes to show our experiences sometimes are not what others would do in a given situation:).
Modern cars use safety glass that wont turn into sharp shards if broken, they more so crumble in effect.

What about childlocks? Even if all the doors didn't have childlocks on them the kids might have been so used to their parents opening the door for them that the idea of opening the door from the inside was foreign to them.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think the main question is the timing. How long do you leave 2 very young toddlers unsupervised? I say, about 2 minutes tops. I watch my 2 yr old Gdaughter, and I do leave her alone in her bedroom, but I am 3 feet away , with the door open. And if I can't hear her babbling or see her, I am going in to see why.

It took awhile for the girls to get their keys and cell, go to the car, open door, climb inside. ---5 minutes? And it would take 15 or 20 for them to go unconscious, I believe.

Modern cars use safety glass that wont turn into sharp shards if broken, they more so crumble in effect.

What about childlocks? Even if all the doors didn't have childlocks on them the kids might have been so used to their parents opening the door for them that the idea of opening the door from the inside was foreign to them.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Respectfully I still wouldn't knock out a window on top of my kids knowing the glass shards would spread all over my children for a couple of reasons, 1st because I wouldn't want glass all over my children, secondly I'm reaching in and pulling them out and don't want to risk glass pressing into their skin when I pull them out.

That is me regardless of safety glass. I mean no disrespect this is just my thoughts

So they can open from the outside even though the parents are used to opening them, but not from the inside?

I think the main question is the timing. How long do you leave 2 very young toddlers unsupervised? I say, about 2 minutes tops. I watch my 2 yr old Gdaughter, and I do leave her alone in her bedroom, but I am 3 feet away , with the door open. And if I can't hear her babbling or see her, I am going in to see why.

It took awhile for the girls to get their keys and cell, go to the car, open door, climb inside. ---5 minutes? And it would take 15 or 20 for them to go unconscious, I believe.

While that timing may be correct, let's not forget mom could have been looking for them elsewhere like up the road, out in the woods, at the neighbors etc. Did she notice her phone and keys missing, maybe, but maybe not?

This is exactly what happened to us when my little toddler step sister disappeared. We were looking for her everywhere except for where she actually was, which was right under our nose. I can't tell you how much time we spent, but if it were a life or death situation like this, we would have absolutely lost her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The older child held the keys and the cell phone? AND opened the car door, climbed in, helped the younger child in? and closed the door? and locked it?REALLY? So the keys were with the children and the phone so mom couldn't call for help or open the door. I seem to be missing something

When my toddler escaped and I couldn't find her... the first thing I did was start calling people on my cell phone to help me look. While I was running around looking.

Did she notice the phone missing before she found her kids?

Or did she notice the phone missing and that's why she went looking for her kids?

I feel like if she told us the story from start to finish it might make sense.
Although honestly I don't know whether to hope for accident or not. If it was a true accident she will never be able to forgive herself.

Anxious for some news from the ME or LE to answer at least some of the questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could see toddlers grabbing a phone and run off to use it. I just think if they did have the keys, and were pressing buttons why did they avoid the alarm button. They would have to lock it themselves. Was the car locked? Most likely accidental, mom was preoccupied and left kids unsupervised. Sad story. A reminder for me to make sure to lock car doors, incase of wandering toddlers.

My key thingie doesn't have an alarm button or a horn button. It just has buttons to lock and unlock.

My key thingie doesn't have an alarm button or a horn button. It just has buttons to lock and unlock.
Is your vehicle older or newer? I'm asking because my assumption is newer vehicles all have it. But that is just because I've never seen an FOB without a panic, alarm, 'I forgot where I parked button' (that's what I use it for)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back