TX - Juliet & Cavanaugh Ramirez, die in hot car, Weatherford, 26 May 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully I still wouldn't knock out a window on top of my kids knowing the glass shards would spread all over my children for a couple of reasons, 1st because I wouldn't want glass all over my children, secondly I'm reaching in and pulling them out and don't want to risk glass pressing into their skin when I pull them out.

That is me regardless of safety glass. I mean no disrespect this is just my thoughts

So they can open from the outside even though the parents are used to opening them, but not from the inside?
I guess its a matter of circumstance though. If it was the middle of an Aussie summer and I found a couple of kids in a locked car you bet I'd break the windows. A few cuts can be recovered from, being boiled from the inside not so much.

Trust me though, the windows don't shard.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I guess its a matter of circumstance though. If it was the middle of an Aussie summer and I found a couple of kids in a locked car you bet I'd break the windows. A few cuts can be recovered from, being boiled from the inside not so much.

I totally agree with this. If they were my children, I would break the first window I came to. I wouldn't be thinking about glass falling on them, just want to get them out of there. I have to also say, that that mother knew that they were dead and was beside herself. A dead child does look unconscious, it is obvious that they are dead. Don't ask me how I know.

Is your vehicle older or newer? I'm asking because my assumption is newer vehicles all have it. But that is just because I've never seen an FOB without a panic, alarm, 'I forgot where I parked button' (that's what I use it for)
It's a 2004 so maybe you're right. I thought it might be an option or something.

About the key fob. I have one and it is impossible to lock the keys in the car when it is not running. The horn sounds and the doors will not lock if you try. So... there is that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

About the key fob. I have one and it is impossible to lock the keys in the car when it is not running. The horn sounds and the doors will not lock if you try. So... there is that.

I lock my keys in my car all the time in purpose when I don't want to carry them. I have a keypad on my door. No issues with that on my vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That could be a feature on your car in your cars settings and not specific to having a key fob. I can tell my car to lock the doors when I put my car in park for example or when I put the car in drive. I am definitely able to lock my car with the keys in it when it is not running. Can you imagine being followed by someone out of a store to your car, you quickly enter your car because you are terrified and then not being able to lock your doors?

That could be a feature on your car in your cars settings and not specific to having a key fob. I can tell my car to lock the doors when I put my car in park for example or when I put the car in drive. I am definitely able to lock my car with the keys in it when it is not running. Can you imagine being followed by someone out of a store to your car, you quickly enter your car because you are terrified and then not being able to lock your doors?
I meant i cannot lock my car from the outside while the keys are inside. But the more i think about it, its probably a moot point since my car is electronic start and doesnt have a physical key. Sorry...disregard me! :)

I'd also break the window no question, I just wouldn't break the window closest to the kids. If they were in front seat I'd break the back seat widow and vice versa.

But as I said that is just me, I can understand someone else breaking a window closest to the kids.

I'd also break the window no question, I just wouldn't break the window closest to the kids. If they were in front seat I'd break the back seat widow and vice versa.

But as I said that is just me, I can understand someone else breaking a window closest to the kids.
Well I never said I'd break the window next to the kids. That's common sense, as it's unnecessary to unlocking the car as fast as possible which is the aim. Sorry if I misunderstood, I thought you meant you wouldn't break any window *at all*.

I can see the kids grabbing keys and phone and getting in the car to "be like Mommy." My daughter could have done this at two. She was crazy. I was standing in the kitchen when I looked up to see her standing on the counter eating cookies I had put on top of the refrigerator. One day I was getting breakfast ready, walking between the dining room and kitchen, when she managed to go to the frig, get out a bottle of antibiotics, take it to the table, open the child proof lid, and start drinking it like juice. She did this with me right there, and her older sisters sitting at the table with her. She squeezed out of her car seat and climbed into my lap while I was driving down the highway. Opening a car door would have been nothing.
I have two friends whose 2 year olds managed to slip out of the house and walk several blocks away. One of my friends had nightmares for weeks afterward. She is a very careful mom, but it still happened. Two year olds can be very inventive.
It wouldn't surprise me if the mom was asleep. They may have even all been taking an afternoon nap and the kids woke up early. If she was asleep, the mom could have misjudged how long they were actually gone.

I can see the kids grabbing keys and phone and getting in the car to "be like Mommy." My daughter could have done this at two. She was crazy. I was standing in the kitchen when I looked up to see her standing on the counter eating cookies I had put on top of the refrigerator. One day I was getting breakfast ready, walking between the dining room and kitchen, when she managed to go to the frig, get out a bottle of antibiotics, take it to the table, open the child proof lid, and start drinking it like juice. She did this with me right there, and her older sisters sitting at the table with her. She squeezed out of her car seat and climbed into my lap while I was driving down the highway. Opening a car door would have been nothing.
I have two friends whose 2 year olds managed to slip out of the house and walk several blocks away. One of my friends had nightmares for weeks afterward. She is a very careful mom, but it still happened. Two year olds can be very inventive.
It wouldn't surprise me if the mom was asleep. They may have even all been taking an afternoon nap and the kids woke up early. If she was asleep, the mom could have misjudged how long they were actually gone.

I had two of those...a girl and a boy....thirteen months apart. I am still somewhat amazed that they are both still alive and now in their late 30's. I really didn't think any of us would survive their childhood.

Bluebonnett_72 I came here to say the same thing. I can see that little girl being "just like Mommy". Mothering that little one. Taking keys and cell phone, putting baby in the car. Mom starts looking.....looking everywhere.....except car.......they are too little to get in car......tragedy. My youngest could get into and out of everything. Only had one incident of locking himself in the car, had to call locksmith, but it was cool weather and he was not afraid. Still not afraid of the devil!

oh did I make an oops? Is Go Fund Me off limits?

I looked it up and it says they are no longer accepting donations.

IDK what happened here, but in real life I saw two young kids maybe 3 yrs old handing the hand of a two yr old walking down the "street" in our apt complex , barefooted and wearing PJs. I got them out of traffic and asked where is mommy. They did not speak English. I took them to the manager's office. HE KNEW THEM BC THIS HAD HAPPENED BEFORE . I was horrified.

To my knowledge, she has not. I found on a facebook comment where someone mentioned that "She wasn't napping according to her own words." I inquired if her statement was available online, but didn't receive a response. I haven't posted in WS in quite a few years, and don't recall all the specific rules. But this is a link to it. If this in violation, someone please let me know!

Gosh and I'm thinking more like Honda Civic, Chevy Cruze or Ford Focus...lol. Looking at it again, it appears to maybe even be a hatchback. My whole point of bringing up the car was actually in response to it having an entertainment system. While possible, I just couldn't imagine a compact car with entry level wheels, having that type of entertainment.

I think it's a Ford Fusion. The logo on the grill appears blue like the Ford logo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back