TX - Juliet & Cavanaugh Ramirez, die in hot car, Weatherford, 26 May 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's been almost 2 weeks, but the COD is still pending. Do you think they're waiting on tox screen or what?

I once rescued a toddler on a Big Wheel from the median of a very busy 4 lane hwy. How he managed to get across 2 lanes of traffic is beyond me and how no one stopped to rescue him before I did was even more bizarre. I walked behind him as he rode home, his parents weren't aware he was missing at all. A baby in traffic and I am the only one that noticed?

Although it may seem unlikely, I think it is not outside the realms of possibility.

I once rescued a toddler on a Big Wheel from the median of a very busy 4 lane hwy. How he managed to get across 2 lanes of traffic is beyond me and how no one stopped to rescue him before I did was even more bizarre. I walked behind him as he rode home, his parents weren't aware he was missing at all. A baby in traffic and I am the only one that noticed?

Jeebus! :notgood:

Years ago, when I was a teen, I heard my family's dogs barking frantically and found a young kiddo (1.5-2 yo?) wandering around in the flowerbed in front of our house. (I think he was interested in the dogs in the front window.) I went outside and found no adults in sight.

I didn't recognize the kid, so I scooped him up and took him the home of the next-door neighbors who mostly kept to themselves (who we barely knew anything about), guessing that it was the best place to check first. Indeed, his grandparents, who'd been babysitting, had been frantically looking for the boy all over their house, and had no idea how he'd managed to get outside.

Not the same case but FYI similarities...https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-mother-charged-her-two-194212011.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just saw that case on the DM website.....it's sickening that these hot car deaths are so common anymore. I followed the Cooper Harris case and learned of the misery these poor babies go through when they are literally baked to death inside a hot car. Not for the faint of heart. Absolute torture that no sweet child should ever experience. Shudder.

Im tired of hearing about hot car deaths. I bet parents make sure they have their phones before they exit the car.
Maybe everyone should tie a ribbon on the inside door handle. A reminder that a kid is in the backseat.

The amount of hot car deaths in America astounds me. I live in australia, as you can imagine it gets extremely hot here a lot of the time, yet you pretty much never hear of a child dying after being left in a car.
I looked for some statistics and do you know how many children in australia have died after being left in a hot car in the last 10 years? Five! Yep.. A grand total of five in the last 10 years...
Even taking into account the population difference that is still a significant amount less than America who averages 37 per year!
I wonder why it happens so often in America and rarely ever here in australia?

Cooper Harris was one of the first cases I followed on websleuths, and my first case I followed that involved a child. I still think of Cooper often. To think of his final hours spent in agony wishing for someone to save him just breaks my heart.
When Cooper passed away my youngest was only 16 months old, Cooper was 22 months. Now my baby is 4. My heart breaks that Cooper will be forever 22 months old. His life had barely begun, and there's so much he never got to experience. He never even got to celebrate his 2nd birthday 💔

No Child should have to endure what these babies have, especially not at the hands of their own parents.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The amount of hot car deaths in America astounds me. I live in australia, as you can imagine it gets extremely hot here a lot of the time, yet you pretty much never hear of a child dying after being left in a car.
I looked for some statistics and do you know how many children in australia have died after being left in a hot car in the last 10 years? Five! Yep.. A grand total of five in the last 10 years...
Even taking into account the population difference that is still a significant amount less than America who averages 37 per year!
I wonder why it happens so often in America and rarely ever here in australia?

Cooper Harris was one of the first cases I followed on websleuths, and my first case I followed that involved a child. I still think of Cooper often. To think of his final hours spent in agony wishing for someone to save him just breaks my heart.
When Cooper passed away my youngest was only 16 months old, Cooper was 22 months. Now my baby is 4. My heart breaks that Cooper will be forever 22 months old. His life had barely begun, and there's so much he never got to experience. He never even got to celebrate his 2nd birthday ��

No Child should have to endure what these babies have, especially not at the hands of their own parents.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You would need at least a few more numbers to ask the question. Like - What is the population of each country? (America is how many times larger?) What is the per-thousand number for the deaths? As in 1 in 1-whatever children die in Australia annually vs 1 in 1-whatever die in the USA annually? What is the difference in percentage of Americans who own cars vs. percentage of Australians who own cars?

"It was too late to save 2-year-old Juliet Ramirez a and her 16-month-old brother Cavanaugh Ramirez when the mom smashed the passenger-side window of the Honda Accord Friday afternoon."

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/05/29/texas-hot-car-deaths-how-did-mom-lose-track-of-2-toddlers-should-she-face-criminal-charges/

Although this site references the car being an Accord, upon reviewing Honda's website as well as a few others, the Honda Civic Hatchback is the only vehicle that has the same trunk/5th door design. MOO.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 1.08.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 1.08.33 PM.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 59
"According to Parker County Sheriff’s Capt. Mark Arnett, the children’s mother said that they were playing in the house the last time she saw them. After searching for them throughout the home, she said she looked outside and found them in the locked car."

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/05/28/two-toddlers-found-dead-in-hot-car-mom-says-the-kids-took-her-keys-and-locked-themselves-inside/

I wonder how long she looked inside. I still lean towards she was napping, showering or cleaning etc situation, not fully attentive, perhaps allowing tv to babysit.

Here is what I don't get. This case linked above---2 kids, same age as the Ramirez toddlers---left in the car for 15 hours---temp that morning rose to 92'. AND YET those babies were still alive but unconscious after 15 hours.

WHY did the Ramirez kids die after 15 minutes, supposedly?

A couple differences maybe:

1. Many of these 15 hours were overnight when the temps were lower. The temps were in the 80s during the hours immediately before the mother finally went out to the car around noon. It didn't get into the 90s until around 1 p.m. (see graph) https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

2. The windows in this car were partially open and perhaps it wasn't in the direct sun? http://www.newser.com/story/244085/cops-mom-left-kids-in-hot-car-lied-about-their-deaths.html

I'm still trying to find numbers and do the math - so far it looks like the death rate in Australia is higher - and I don't want to wander too far off-topic, but I found this while searching and thought it was interesting enough to share:

Up to five children are locked in hot cars every day in Victoria
There's plenty that are left in a hot car sadly yes but I was more talking about the rates of death from being left in a hot car as opposed to just the rates of a child being left in a hot car, if that makes sense.

I did some quick maths...
Australia's population is 23.78 million
America's population is 321.4 million

Every two years in australia there is 1 hot car death, in America the average every 2 years is 74 (or 37 per year, taken from kidsandcars, some years are even as high as 49)

So that's 1 per 23.78 million in Australia, and 1 in 4, 337, 837 in America every two years. That means the rate in America is 5.48 times higher than in australia. This isn't a 100% exact rate obviously, more so an average and a pretty close guesstimate since I couldn't technically figure out the total population over 2 years so I just took the current population listed on Google. It's been a while since I've been in school but I'm pretty sure my maths is close to accurate?

It's not as high as I originally thought and I guess it doesn't really matter in the end anyway, any number above 0 is too many! But I was definitely interested in trying to figure out why it was higher. I'd assumed because it gets so hot here in the summer (and most of the year round) that statistically speaking Australia should have a higher rate of hot car deaths, but maybe because we have the higher temps that's the reason why we have less deaths... We know it's extremely hot in the car so we don't leave kids for long periods (and I don't at all, ever) whereas maybe in America the thought is that they will be okay, without taking into account just how much hotter it gets in the car. I'm not sure..

I don't mean to derail the thread of these beautiful babies.. I do have a tendency to ramble sometimes, so I apologise for that! I guess I just want to know why this happens so that we can stop it. The suffering these kids go through is immense and it breaks my heart to think of them crying and wishing to be saved, wondering when their mummy or daddy will come and rescue them. 💔💔💔

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have 4: youngest 2 are a year and some months apart. All 4 were monkeys who could climb the door jambs. This story is worse than the garbage Harris tried to spew in Atlanta, imo. I was born- just not yesterday

Heartbreaking update :(

http://www.fox4news.com/news/263529162-story

SBM
"Parker County Sheriff's investigators arrested Cynthia Marie Randolph, 25, in connection with the death of her two children, a 16-month-old boy and a 2-year-old girl. Police say she admitted she left her kids in the car to “teach them a lesson.”

"Randolph confessed to police that around she found her children playing inside her car around noon and ordered her daughter out of the car using profanity. When the 2-year-old refused to exit the car, Randolph said she shut the car door to teach her daughter a "lesson," thinking "she could get herself and her brother out of the car when ready."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

From link:

[FONT=&quot]Randolph then told investigators she went into her home, smoked marijuana and went to sleep for two to three hours. Randolph implicated herself again when she told investigators she later broke the car window to make it look like an accident[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back